Subject: "Oi! Fargin short-bearded leg-humpin-lovers-of-Twist bastids!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #99452
Show all folders

QuixoticMon 23-May-11 08:11 PM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
837 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99453, "Oi! Fargin short-bearded leg-humpin-lovers-of-Twist bastids!"
Edited on Mon 23-May-11 08:13 PM

My role, which I tried to keep to but refused to write down, and consequently was never rewarded, went along these lines:

Sphere Truth:
Although truth and honesty are not the same, I made it a point to always tell people what I thought to be true, even if it wasn't in my best interest to be honest. As a result of this, many mages seeking to rank were warned of what would happen if we were in the same area. I also told people what I thought as I thought it, which could easily rub people the wrong way. (See dwarf rp)

Being Goodly:
I did not hunt any mage who I knew to be good, and I only attacked known good mages if I saw some sign that they were actively and currently practicing magic such as spell use or having conjured pets. Being good in the current Battle meant that I could only group with about 1 out of 4 villagers, which was really a pain.

Being Chaotic:
Chance dictated every aspect of this characters life. I chose swords not because I thought it would be a good weapon choice for a dwarf (it wasn't) but because I had a cursed sword in my hand from level 17 through 21. I chose Battle only because I was attacked by a neutral outlander-app invoker (Fathora, lvl 17) when I was level 13, which I amazingly won. Polearm I chose because I happened to stumble upon a decent pole when I hit 40, and Cry because I saw my Nexus counterpart with it and it looked cool. Landslide was the only aspect of this character's build that was not based on chance, and I took it so I would have a lagging option against people I could not bash.

Dwarf RP:
I picked dwarf purely for the RP.I grumbled, I cursed, and I attempted to come up with novel ways to spit in the eye of the world. I find this style of dwarven rp fun as all hell, although I personally find the racial stats to be very mediocre where high strength or high dex dominate melee.

Aggressiveness:
I had to stand up at my hometown pit more times than was enjoyable, but as I stated on QHCF I wanted to throw down and fight rather than hide and pick my fights--conservative play makes for powerful characters, but I think it makes CF into a game of tag rather than PK. Karr was inspirational, reminding me of Shamanman but without a sense of humor. Unfortunately this playstyle led to me getting ganked and multikilled many times by some of our more shameless Nexuns who recently powerranked to hero.

I will post specific goodbyes to anyone who bothers to post. Thanks!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Dnrandim Flintbuckle the Student... [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 23-May-11 07:20 PM
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Dnrandim Flintbuckle the Stu..., Grelgich (Anonymous), 24-May-11 08:18 AM, #10
Reply Grelgich, Quixotic, 24-May-11 08:58 AM, #12
Reply REAL RAGERS CON DIE DAMMIT!! - will miss ya. NT, Running Buddy (Anonymous), 24-May-11 09:03 AM, #13
     Reply Think of the edge points the Nexuns won't get with me n..., Quixotic, 24-May-11 09:07 AM, #15
Reply Ahoy!, Chulun (Anonymous), 24-May-11 07:44 AM, #9
Reply Chulun, Quixotic, 24-May-11 08:45 AM, #11
Reply This..., Allysia (Anonymous), 23-May-11 08:13 PM, #2
Reply Allysia was great., Quixotic, 23-May-11 08:26 PM, #3
Reply Oi! Fargin short-bearded leg-humpin-lovers-of-Twist ba..., Quixotic, 23-May-11 08:13 PM #1
     Reply I respect the hell out of this., Homard, 23-May-11 09:03 PM, #4
     Reply Ahh my favorite dwarf, Lohoq (Anonymous), 23-May-11 09:41 PM, #5
     Reply Lohoq, Quixotic, 23-May-11 09:54 PM, #6
     Reply I wish I had been able to be on more to help you out., Dusatoit (Anonymous), 24-May-11 03:18 AM, #7
     Reply RE: Oi! Fargin short-bearded leg-humpin-lovers-of-Twis..., Zun (Anonymous), 24-May-11 07:37 AM, #8
     Reply Ranking, Quixotic, 24-May-11 09:06 AM, #14
     Reply You always seemed to be in my pk range, Edylaen (Anonymous), 24-May-11 11:54 AM, #16
     Reply I just...wanted...you to actually...attack me!, Quixotic, 24-May-11 02:36 PM, #17
     Reply Probably some of the same people, incognito, 24-May-11 04:37 PM, #18
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #99452 Previous topic | Next topic