Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Dnrandim Flintbuckle the Student of the Macalla
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=99452
99452, (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Dnrandim Flintbuckle the Student of the Macalla
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon May 23 19:18:35 2011

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Dnrandim perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:48
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:198
99473, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Dnrandim Flintbuckle the Student of the Macalla
Posted by Grelgich on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see this. I tried to avoid running into you or attacking you even if the Balance tipped a little as you were getting run roughshod over and over and I know how that feels to play that way (especially with Flaaayin and co around yesterday morning). I never got to actually speak to you but you stood up and fought and I gotta respect that. Sorry again about the hordes of people.
99477, Grelgich
Posted by Quixotic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
CF is a PK mud, and all of us want to fight someone who will show up when they don't have overwhelming odds. The problem was that this character could not compete against a tank and a lagger, and if you throw in a bard or two and an offensive shifter it wasn't a fight but an execution.

That said, I got a lot of fights too, and that's what I wanted with this character.
99478, REAL RAGERS CON DIE DAMMIT!! - will miss ya. NT
Posted by Running Buddy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
99480, Think of the edge points the Nexuns won't get with me not around :P NT
nt
99470, Ahoy!
Posted by Chulun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Chulun liked Dnramdim for a few reasons: dwarven speech, strong, and always ready to deliver a beating... Ah have a feeling the Nexus hordes might lead you to this but on the other hand, ah was commending your high war spirits over the cabal channel.. You're a strong force to be reckon with, it is most likely why there are roves of gang coming for you... also, there was likely a chance that light was tipping when you are around which paints you as a very juicy target.. we had some good brawl, very disappointed that ye decided to hang up de swords and poles.. but glwyn!
99475, Chulun
You were my favorite foe. You tended to hit a little harder than me--with the exception of when I hit an unspeak on you in Galadon prior to CF immediately crashing--but my slightly better defenses with swords made it a game of chance right up until you settled on your new legacy. Damn that hurt! Always willing to bring it, and you never felt the overwhelming desire to bring the entire island. I respect you immensely.

What the Chulun/Dnrandim matchup did was to test sword vs mace on comparably armored dwarves, which is something I had wanted to do.
Aside from the rare big flurry, the shorter self-lag on drum and the mace's utility trump dwarf flurry & riposte.
99454, This...
Posted by Allysia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is just not good. The last day with the mass deaths I should have intervened more than I tried to. It's hard to tell Nexuns not to kill villagers, especially a goody one when light tips as well and I believe you just kept going for them (so I was told at least). But man it was painful hearing you fall so often.

There was potential here from what I saw, and it looks like a really bad day ruined that, and I'm sorry to see that.

Hope you get back out there with another soon.
99455, Allysia was great.
I loved our conversations, and as a lightwalker, I saw you and Dnrandim as the coyote and the sheepdog in that old Warner Brothers cartoon: when you were on the job, you were both going to do it, but there was nothing to prevent you from sitting down during your lunch break and sharing a sandwich.

Nexuns should be willing to fight Battle, and I in no way expected you to intervene. Dying was not something that particularly irritated me, although the repeated beat downs by groups of three and four I thought to be really lame. As an example, when I unghosted in the village, was baited by the armadillo at the giant who prevented the giant from returning, and then found myself bound, trussed, sung up and slain. Some of your lads apparently were really in need of edge points.

Allysia's demeanor is wonderful, and I liked your take on Balance. I love what you've done with the character, and I wish you continued success.
99453, Oi! Fargin short-bearded leg-humpin-lovers-of-Twist bastids!
My role, which I tried to keep to but refused to write down, and consequently was never rewarded, went along these lines:

Sphere Truth:
Although truth and honesty are not the same, I made it a point to always tell people what I thought to be true, even if it wasn't in my best interest to be honest. As a result of this, many mages seeking to rank were warned of what would happen if we were in the same area. I also told people what I thought as I thought it, which could easily rub people the wrong way. (See dwarf rp)

Being Goodly:
I did not hunt any mage who I knew to be good, and I only attacked known good mages if I saw some sign that they were actively and currently practicing magic such as spell use or having conjured pets. Being good in the current Battle meant that I could only group with about 1 out of 4 villagers, which was really a pain.

Being Chaotic:
Chance dictated every aspect of this characters life. I chose swords not because I thought it would be a good weapon choice for a dwarf (it wasn't) but because I had a cursed sword in my hand from level 17 through 21. I chose Battle only because I was attacked by a neutral outlander-app invoker (Fathora, lvl 17) when I was level 13, which I amazingly won. Polearm I chose because I happened to stumble upon a decent pole when I hit 40, and Cry because I saw my Nexus counterpart with it and it looked cool. Landslide was the only aspect of this character's build that was not based on chance, and I took it so I would have a lagging option against people I could not bash.

Dwarf RP:
I picked dwarf purely for the RP.I grumbled, I cursed, and I attempted to come up with novel ways to spit in the eye of the world. I find this style of dwarven rp fun as all hell, although I personally find the racial stats to be very mediocre where high strength or high dex dominate melee.

Aggressiveness:
I had to stand up at my hometown pit more times than was enjoyable, but as I stated on QHCF I wanted to throw down and fight rather than hide and pick my fights--conservative play makes for powerful characters, but I think it makes CF into a game of tag rather than PK. Karr was inspirational, reminding me of Shamanman but without a sense of humor. Unfortunately this playstyle led to me getting ganked and multikilled many times by some of our more shameless Nexuns who recently powerranked to hero.

I will post specific goodbyes to anyone who bothers to post. Thanks!
99456, I respect the hell out of this.
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's always seemed odd to me that a level 1 character would
have every major decision of their life mapped out already.
I mean, that's a 16 year old human who has just picked up a
wooden sword for the first time knowing full well which lessons
the mysterious monks of the Macalla will teach him.

I think there needs to be room for characters to grow. Maybe a
level 15 character is using coins or potions before their big
awakening to Thar-Eris or Battle.

The fact that you rolled your whole life like this is very impressive
and I wish I had a Villager right now so I could have gotten to know
this character better. Fooey.

GLWYN
99458, Ahh my favorite dwarf
Posted by Lohoq on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well what can I say, I've played a few dwarves and they are tough, it really takes a special person and a lot of time to build up a good set, skills and become a mac truck. That one time I assassinated you, I knew you knew, but figured you would have to run down the eastern at some point. The time I got you at the Village I felt almost bad about, a dwarf without weapons and who isn't a hand spec is going to get brutalized. But you were a great sport about it.

The great thing about your char (and your personality) it seems is that you just want to mix it up, which will serve you well with all your future characters. GLWTN
99459, Lohoq
My most recent assassin was Xligro, and because I had not heard of you being an assassinating assassin, I felt I had about a 3 in 4 chance or better that I would survive your attempt. Pretty good odds, and with a cabalmate slept by a necro in Hamsah, I thought it safer to run down eastern than to risk getting delayed near the Island.

I hated fighting you dexy folks. I couldn't hit you with regular attacks, and you evaded my spec moves. Humbug! Whatever happened to bashing down assassins and thieves who missed their knockout or assassinate?

I haven't seen Norington in a long time. Good luck with attaining the shadowlord spot.
99460, I wish I had been able to be on more to help you out.
Posted by Dusatoit on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
as when I was able to sneak on you were usually the only rager I saw. Hopefully time will free up for me and I can get launched properly into the village life instead of a distant cousin that I am at the moment.
99468, RE: Oi! Fargin short-bearded leg-humpin-lovers-of-Twist bastids!
Posted by Zun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am surprised we didn't learn together more. The one time we did was pretty productive, for me at least. It's really a shame you deleted so quickly. Didn't you like the build? Test character? Anyways GLWYN.
99479, Ranking
I didn't power rank because my skills went up terribly slowly--learning skills on a felar assassin seems much, much easier than learning any of the spec skills but flourintine on this dwarf. I imagine playing a shapeshifter would appeal to me when I'm in an adhd mood--to hero in under 60 hours and still be able to compete when you get there? That would be awesome.

When I did actually group to rank, it was very productive and a refreshing change of pace to the grind I was in.

99483, You always seemed to be in my pk range
Posted by Edylaen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We got to speak a little and I did more interacting with you than you with me. You seemed like a solid character. Good luck with your next.
99487, I just...wanted...you to actually...attack me!
I wanted a shot at killing you and taking all of YOUR weapons once.

Damned but you were annoying.
99492, Probably some of the same people
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That were ganking in the village shortly before.