Subject: "Simyar's ROle" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #9306
Show all folders

MinyarWed 25-Sep-02 08:25 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
504 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9338, "Simyar's ROle"

*** You step back into three dimensions. ***

“You didn’t believe in my goals, you didn’t believe I could make it this far without living among the city-dwellers. What have you done though? How comfortable you must be sitting in this, this, city, this Darsylon. I have lived without the city since I was a youngster, when you left me there to “learn.” Yes, I thank you for that chance you gave me, which afforded me the spells necessary to protect the lands. Oh yes, an arcane transmuter can definitely protect the wilds of this land.”

“I never doubted you Simyar, I just never agreed with your path.”

“No father, you did doubt me, and everything I did was never good enough for you. I hadn’t intended to ever care to come back, but I know I must show you love, for even though I felt no love from you growing up, I know that your spirit could be free if you would just let it.”

“What are you talking about Simyar, why do you come here and spread this Sylvan Propaganda?”

“Our race, our very heritage is founded in that propaganda, Our ancestors danced among the stars on tops of the mounts and in the forests. When I was young you told me grand stories of the trees fighting amongst us against the orcs and goblins that came down from the mountain to try and destroy the forest. Where has that part of you gone? Do you even believe in the magic of the forest?”

“Those tales are just lore that has been passed down for centuries. Darsylon has stood for ages, and we have defended it without fear since long before I walked among our people.”

“But you are blinded by the “security” you feel inside the city father, can’t you see how comfortable we have become to take on the ways of the humans? I don’t mind them father, but we have always lived among the wilds, our people, our heritage, it once was so rich and full of blessing from the mother. Our people ran with the creatures, and their spirits roamed free. I want this for my children, and I want this for our people. I want my life to be an example to our city of what true freedom is.”

“Then go Simyar D’Arelin, and seek what you must find for yourself. Know that I disagree.”

“And so it is then father”

*** You lose a dimension and disappear from view. ***

*** You step back into three dimensions. ***

“Hello mother” Simyar says in a low whisper to avoid disturbing his father in the other room.

Simyar’s mother jumps in the air with the surprise of her son materializing right in front of her! “Oh Simyar, you have obtained the last ranks of your guild, but why have you not come to visit me?”

“I love you mother, I hope you know that, but I have no love for the cities, yes, I have mastered the spells of my guild, but I have never called them home. I trained with the Dranettie people, or with the humans protecting their battlefield in the past. I have not practiced with the guildmasters!”

“Don’t raise your tone with me young man, you may not like the cities, but I still love you, and I’m still your mother.”

“I’m sorry mother, you are right, the world is a hard place, full of vile things. It is easy to become hardened by it, and to lose sight of love. However, that has not happened to me, love is still prevalent in my heart. I have found many things my heart desires mother, family, home, religion.”

“You have found the Lady?” she asks with joy in her tone.

“Yes mother, the Lady Bria and I have become close, in her ways I walk, and in love I bring mercy and justice to this land.” As if to prove his point Simyar removes his robe, and platemail. He pulls aside his undershirt to reveal the hummingbird tattoo that beats with his heart! Simyar’s mother faints dead away with surprise.

A few moments pass and Simyar’s mother wakes to find herself cradled in his strong arms. She looks to him and says “Oh my Son, my beautiful son, may your life change this world! She has found a strong follower in you, may she grant you happiness and your hearts desires.”

“Oh mother, you have always been there for me, but do you truly know my hearts desire?”

“I know you seek to protect the wilds, this much I gather from your father, but do you really think you can discover the old ways?”

“I’m not sure mother, but it is my hope that with m’lady’s blessing I will know better where to look. I seek to learn the old ways of Daoine Teague Feer, and I wish to learn how to summon the trees, so that they may fight to aid the forest.”

“Son, we celebrate Daoine Teague Feer, and I have only heard of summoning the trees in my bedtime stories. I don’t doubt your sincerity, just the logic of it.”

“Mother, I love you, but the Daoine Teague Feer that you practice is only a celebration with food, it was said that when this ancient dance was performed, all the elves and their friendly allies under the moon could feel the effects. Their vigor was renewed and they felt more protection!”

“May you learn all you can son, but I pray you don’t become disappointed. I love you Simyar.”

Simyar makes his way over to his mother, and as his lips are to her cheek he utters a phrase under his breath and fades away into nothingness.

*** You lose a dimension and disappear from view.”

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DEL) Simyar D'Arelin the High Wizard of the Arcane [View all] , Death_Angel, Wed 25-Sep-02 08:17 PM
Reply RE: (DEL) Simyar D'Arelin the High Wizard of the Arcan..., Bryvac, 26-Sep-02 11:28 AM, #24
Reply RE: (DEL) Simyar D'Arelin the High Wizard of the Arcan..., Minyar, 26-Sep-02 05:14 PM, #26
Reply RE: (DEL) Simyar D'Arelin the High Wizard of the Arcan..., Gwimdorf, 25-Sep-02 10:12 PM, #10
Reply Ah, a fun run comes to an end, Minyar, 25-Sep-02 08:51 PM, #4
Reply RE: Ah, a fun run comes to an end, Uulgraz (Guest), 25-Sep-02 09:02 PM, #5
Reply Ahh, that time at the Inn., Valarath (Guest), 25-Sep-02 09:56 PM, #6
Reply Oh, and Bryvac didnt "hit" you., Valarath (Guest), 25-Sep-02 10:02 PM, #7
     Reply ah yes, he fled after a round of combat, Minyar, 25-Sep-02 10:05 PM, #8
          Reply RE: ah yes, he fled after a round of combat, Nilushka (Guest), 26-Sep-02 12:22 AM, #12
               Reply Not that I want a huge argument..., Minyar, 26-Sep-02 10:09 AM, #19
Reply *screech!*, Arehanah (Guest), 25-Sep-02 10:09 PM, #9
Reply RE: *screech!*, Minyar, 26-Sep-02 10:26 AM, #23
Reply RE: Ah, a fun run comes to an end, Lardovian (Guest), 25-Sep-02 10:57 PM, #11
Reply Slightly confused..., Rooqweaz, 26-Sep-02 02:52 AM, #13
Reply Fun...but boring, Minyar, 26-Sep-02 10:13 AM, #20
Reply Heralds?, Hirin (Guest), 26-Sep-02 04:59 AM, #14
Reply RE: Heralds?, Minyar, 26-Sep-02 10:14 AM, #21
Reply Farewell'um ye softy elf!! CHOMP!!CHOMP!!, Rockbiter (Guest), 26-Sep-02 05:09 AM, #15
Reply Here's to conspiracy, Blimbali (Guest), 26-Sep-02 08:09 AM, #16
Reply RE: Here's to conspiracy, Minyar, 26-Sep-02 10:17 AM, #22
Reply RE: Ah, a fun run comes to an end, Uelveyye, 26-Sep-02 09:46 AM, #17
Reply Now who will be my nemesis!, Brandulir (Guest), 26-Sep-02 09:54 AM, #18
Reply Hey! What about me., Artose (Guest), 26-Sep-02 04:19 PM, #25
Reply RE: Hey! What about me., Minyar, 26-Sep-02 05:31 PM, #27
Reply Wow, thanks for the vote of confidence., Hralng (Guest), 26-Sep-02 06:14 PM, #28
Reply RE: Ah, a fun run comes to an end, Bria, 26-Sep-02 06:15 PM, #29
Reply RE: Ah, a fun run comes to an end, Priolith (Guest), 28-Sep-02 03:35 PM, #30
Reply RE: Ah, a fun run comes to an end, Minyar, 28-Sep-02 03:38 PM, #31
Reply RE: Ah, a fun run comes to an end, Sahannara (Guest), 29-Sep-02 02:15 PM, #32
Reply RE: Ah, a fun run comes to an end, Alysrith, 30-Sep-02 06:37 PM, #33
Reply RE: (DEL) Simyar D'Arelin the High Wizard of the Arcan..., Wasarbre (Guest), 25-Sep-02 08:41 PM, #3
Reply Simyar's ROle, Minyar, 25-Sep-02 08:25 PM #2
Reply HEY!, Quiditus, 25-Sep-02 08:21 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #9306 Previous topic | Next topic