Subject: "(DEL) Simyar D'Arelin the High Wizard of the Arcane" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #9306
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 25-Sep-02 08:17 PM
Member since 17th May 2024
16856 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9306, "(DEL) Simyar D'Arelin the High Wizard of the Arcane"

Wed Sep 25 22:16:29 2002

6 o''clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Grand Struggle on the Theran calendar Simyar perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:transmuter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SYLVAN, the Sylvan Warders
Hours:211
PK Ratio:42% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL) Simyar D'Arelin the High Wizard of the Arcan..., Bryvac, 26-Sep-02 11:28 AM, #24
Reply RE: (DEL) Simyar D'Arelin the High Wizard of the Arcan..., Minyar, 26-Sep-02 05:14 PM, #26
Reply RE: (DEL) Simyar D'Arelin the High Wizard of the Arcan..., Gwimdorf, 25-Sep-02 10:12 PM, #10
Reply Ah, a fun run comes to an end, Minyar, 25-Sep-02 08:51 PM, #4
Reply RE: Ah, a fun run comes to an end, Uulgraz (Guest), 25-Sep-02 09:02 PM, #5
Reply Ahh, that time at the Inn., Valarath (Guest), 25-Sep-02 09:56 PM, #6
Reply Oh, and Bryvac didnt "hit" you., Valarath (Guest), 25-Sep-02 10:02 PM, #7
     Reply ah yes, he fled after a round of combat, Minyar, 25-Sep-02 10:05 PM, #8
          Reply RE: ah yes, he fled after a round of combat, Nilushka (Guest), 26-Sep-02 12:22 AM, #12
               Reply Not that I want a huge argument..., Minyar, 26-Sep-02 10:09 AM, #19
Reply *screech!*, Arehanah (Guest), 25-Sep-02 10:09 PM, #9
Reply RE: *screech!*, Minyar, 26-Sep-02 10:26 AM, #23
Reply RE: Ah, a fun run comes to an end, Lardovian (Guest), 25-Sep-02 10:57 PM, #11
Reply Slightly confused..., Rooqweaz, 26-Sep-02 02:52 AM, #13
Reply Fun...but boring, Minyar, 26-Sep-02 10:13 AM, #20
Reply Heralds?, Hirin (Guest), 26-Sep-02 04:59 AM, #14
Reply RE: Heralds?, Minyar, 26-Sep-02 10:14 AM, #21
Reply Farewell'um ye softy elf!! CHOMP!!CHOMP!!, Rockbiter (Guest), 26-Sep-02 05:09 AM, #15
Reply Here's to conspiracy, Blimbali (Guest), 26-Sep-02 08:09 AM, #16
Reply RE: Here's to conspiracy, Minyar, 26-Sep-02 10:17 AM, #22
Reply RE: Ah, a fun run comes to an end, Uelveyye, 26-Sep-02 09:46 AM, #17
Reply Now who will be my nemesis!, Brandulir (Guest), 26-Sep-02 09:54 AM, #18
Reply Hey! What about me., Artose (Guest), 26-Sep-02 04:19 PM, #25
Reply RE: Hey! What about me., Minyar, 26-Sep-02 05:31 PM, #27
Reply Wow, thanks for the vote of confidence., Hralng (Guest), 26-Sep-02 06:14 PM, #28
Reply RE: Ah, a fun run comes to an end, Bria, 26-Sep-02 06:15 PM, #29
Reply RE: Ah, a fun run comes to an end, Priolith (Guest), 28-Sep-02 03:35 PM, #30
Reply RE: Ah, a fun run comes to an end, Minyar, 28-Sep-02 03:38 PM, #31
Reply RE: Ah, a fun run comes to an end, Sahannara (Guest), 29-Sep-02 02:15 PM, #32
Reply RE: Ah, a fun run comes to an end, Alysrith, 30-Sep-02 06:37 PM, #33
Reply RE: (DEL) Simyar D'Arelin the High Wizard of the Arcan..., Wasarbre (Guest), 25-Sep-02 08:41 PM, #3
Reply Simyar's ROle, Minyar, 25-Sep-02 08:25 PM, #2
Reply HEY!, Quiditus, 25-Sep-02 08:21 PM, #1

BryvacThu 26-Sep-02 11:28 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
0 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9307, "RE: (DEL) Simyar D'Arelin the High Wizard of the Arcan..."
In response to Reply #0

If your speaking of that instance on eastern, near the brambles and rocks, we had just finished raiding scions, against a rather large opposition. Usually I do not autoassist, but in the chance that they blinded one of us, I autoassisted...blinded by dirt I am speaking of, so I fled right away, sorry if you were hurt by this, but the circumstances were there for me to autoassist.......sorry if I'm too much of a beast. Other than that I did enjoy our interactions, even if you were a mage, you were still interesting, and I did enjoy when you busted my chops about Othloir, even if I was correct, gave me a little something to do. Well see you later
Late
Bryvac

MinyarThu 26-Sep-02 05:14 PM
504 posts
#9308, "RE: (DEL) Simyar D'Arelin the High Wizard of the Arcan..."
In response to Reply #24

The situation just upset Simyar, he was of hte sphere justice, granted, a distorted view of it, but it was him...so he got upset. Liked Bryvac and most ragers for the most part.

Aaron

GwimdorfWed 25-Sep-02 10:12 PM
0 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9309, "RE: (DEL) Simyar D'Arelin the High Wizard of the Arcan..."
In response to Reply #0

You did a wonderful job with Simyar and I loved having you around. I look forward to interacting with your next character be it Scion, Dawn, or Warder. Thanks for all of the fun times and all of the gear. Good luck!

Gwimdorf

MinyarWed 25-Sep-02 08:51 PM
504 posts
#9310, "Ah, a fun run comes to an end"
In response to Reply #0

Well, I'd like to start this farewell by saying that the arcane transmuter class is awesome. I had so much fun hunting with Simyar. I had so many funny and sometimes just mean situations that I came into with him. It is rather nice to be able to be totally unseen as you sneak up on people, and then hide in the woods as you come out of duo dimension. I loved playing Simyar, and I had intended to be around more. However, the grove is strong, and I like challenge more. I also am more into fighting classes than sideline classes, and so my pk ratio is low, because I die a lot thinking I'm a warrior, not a mage.

The farewells:

IMMS:
Bria - First and foremost my lady in the game. Thank you for the tattoo that you gave me, and for the love that you showed Simyar. You made my experience fun, I only wish you would have run with some of the things I had put in my role after I was tattooed, for it went right in line with seeking the past of the elves. Ah well, I wish, I wish, I wish. I'm so thankful to you though for making my time fun.

Saldradien - I didn't like you at first, for a few of my chars, but once you got 52 you seemed to be a bit better. I know you are just trying to do a good job, but I think you tend to irk people sometimes. Its ok though, Thror does it a lot too! *wink*

Uller - Didn't see you much, but I know you watch out for us, wish we saw you more often.

Sebeok - Basically saw you when you became an IMP, then never again. Same as with Uller!

Sylvan:
I love the pack, but I need a change, Weswin, Danical, then Simyar, I think i need to go elsewhere for a bit. Which is why I deleted, boredom. I just wasn't having fun, and instead of putting simyar on the back burner while I played something else, I decided to delete. I don't like eq hoarding cabal sitters, so I'm not going to become one.

Alysrith - You are the best "woman" for the job. You are one of the most talented roleplayers I have met, and i wish you good luck in whatever you do. You were the only person Simyar trusted completely with his life. He would group with you regardless, and knew that a good fight would probably insue as we hunted.

Hralng - Hard worker, just need to learn your tactics a bit better I think. You really are a competent warrior, but I think you, along with other sylvan warriors, have to learn how to use the powers we have to your best advantage.

Stelinsia - You were a good friend to Simyar, the other arrogant elf in the grove, I laughed pretty hard at that name callin fight we had, I can't even remember what it was about. You were great though

Blimbali and Dharum - This goes with my conspiracy theory that the weird druids get Leutenant (sp?). You two are great, I'm not saying anything against ya, its just funny that four of the past leut's have all been druids. Dharum, I love your roleplay as well. Keep it up you two.

Gwimdorf - Love you man, you are the future of the Warders, don't get down on yourself, and stick in there, you have so much potential its scary. You are there for anyone, and i mean anyone, in the grove who needs you, thats awesome.

Sahannara - Would you croak already you old fart! You are a great Warder though, why you don't have a title, is beyond me. Though, that is one area the warder lords definately lack, is in rewarding those within the grove. More of us should get titles, I only got my last name because Bria gave it to me. Ah well, such is life sometimes, keep it up there.

Nhernin - You are also the future of the grove. A bit too hasty at times, and I think you need to learn how to trap a bit better, but you are also a great confidant, and I trusted you to have my back, regardless.

If I forgot ya, and you want to say something, I'm sure I'll respond

Scion:
Urden - Lots of fun fights, lots of times where we almost had you..sneaky bastard!

Kalraak - Man, you hurt me bad a few times there, when you guys were in scary power.

Dullameh - I helped kill you, that was a highlight of Simyar's life. You were scary too, but you weren't around too long as a mortal in SImyar's life.

The arcane duo - Had fun fighting against you too, when you guys deleted, it basically started the chasm's downward spiral.

Can't think of others right now, but I know I fought a good number of you.

Battle:

Bryvac - Heh, Simyar didn't like you too much because of how he viewed some of your people. When you hit me on eastern in a group, I was ticked off, because I know how ragers should be, and that didn't seem to be it. However, you sat and talked with me in the forest for a good while, and I really enjoyed that. Simyar was a follower of Bria, so that talk in the forest gave Simyar the opportunity to have mercy in his heart for you. Not that i COuld have killed you anyway!

Valarath - You killed me once when I was young, because I worded back and yo uwalked in and hit me. Stinking cranial

Gyasi - You got me once, I got you once...we ended in a one one tie. You were the only rager I would actually go after, jsut because of how you killed me in arial.

Scarab:

Amora - Lots of fun fights, my favorite was when you told me to leave the grove, and you didn't know i had the drakes waiting for your arse. You came in, and we finished you off pretty quick. You were one tough S.O.B.

Uulgraz - You got me when we were younger, and Simyar always wanted a chance to bring you justice from the wilds. However, you level sat at 40 or whatever, and never entered the hero ranges of paladins and elves. I thought it was pretty weak.

Tribunal:

Brandulir - Man, you are tough, I think they should make you vindicator honestly. However, an airform with those powers would be sick. You were already sick to begin with. WE finally got you though, and Simyar could rest a bit easier being flagged after that.

Uelveyye - Ah, my arcane counterpart in tribunal. I thought you had me that time you froze my mind in the guild, but I got away...lucky me, then that time i fogged you and got you in galadon was I though, one of my finer jobs. Lots of fun fights, lots of close misses and losses...good work.

Noldruk - You were tough, Simyar didn't like you, but as with all my chars, I really never back down, even when I should, ah well! Good work

Garhizrus - You got me for my last death..you Suck! I was so surprised to come back to my corpse and get everything I had, minus my eagle staff...I was very surprised.

Ilyatur - Ranger Tribunal, has to suck, since your familiarity has to be bad. You try hard though, and that is what really matters.

Entropy:

Onilyn - I liked ya, and I didn't like the whole war thing with Alysrith. You have to understand that Simyar "loved" Alysrith, and would do anythign for her. So, I would of course side with her, and would have hunted you if the need arised, or if you went after her again.

Drakes and former Drakes:

Wasarbre - I loved fighting beside you, you were very competent, and I was mad when you deleted.

Gorach - You were so odd, you drove Simyar nuts a few times, but I liked you for the most part.

Paladins:
I can't even name oall of you, but there sure were a lot, and we fought together often. Some of you were very good at what you do, ie Barilan, Ulthur, Othloir, and some of you weren't. I had fun travelling with you though!

Maran, Dawn:

Karhon - Loved you, summon/hold....*wince*

Jelare - Heh, you became the heart of the hummingbird, and i recommended you get tattooed...ah well, you were definately more about loving all then Simyar was. I always wanted a title like Simyar D'Arelin, Battlemage of the Hummingbird!

Finduthilas - FUn fights, you are a good opponent, and a tough one.

Lardovian - I don't think you ever got me, or I ever got you, just a lot of earthbind, and chomping

Anyway, farewell to all, if you want to say something to me, email me at minyar13@aol.com

laters,
Aaron aka Simyar

Uulgraz (Guest)Wed 25-Sep-02 09:02 PM

#9336, "RE: Ah, a fun run comes to an end"
In response to Reply #4

I enjoyed our fights very much and evading the traps you set for me at every turn as we advanced. On the ranking, I wasn't level sitting I just ran out of companions. I fought as many scions as I did warders and that just didn't leave many peopel to travel with. Just wanted to set the record straight and let you know I was pleased with our interactions. Good luck with your future chras and I'll see you in the fields.

Bad Ivan

Valarath (Guest)Wed 25-Sep-02 09:56 PM

#9331, "Ahh, that time at the Inn."
In response to Reply #4

Damn, pre-ban. How long ago was that?

First time I ever saw you, the time you un-duo'd at inn.
I couldn't believe it.
No time to resist or what not, cranial.
After you died, bouncer started bashing.
Got away with 19 hp I think, Har.
Thoes were some good times.

Peace out.

Valarath (Guest)Wed 25-Sep-02 10:02 PM

#9332, "Oh, and Bryvac didnt "hit" you."
In response to Reply #6

I cranial'd you when we were walking on eastern without saying anything, he autoassisted and fled right away.

Kind of made me mad how much you whined about that afterwords.

My bad, wasn't his fault at all.
Just be being dumb.

MinyarWed 25-Sep-02 10:05 PM
504 posts
#9333, "ah yes, he fled after a round of combat"
In response to Reply #7

What you didn't see though, apparently, was that in that round of combat, he did a ***devastate*** deathblow to me, and he hit me more than you did. That was why I was upset, because I almost died to his round of combat, after you cranialed me. Don't say he didn't hit me, cause he hit me very well, and I think he would admit it. Simyar wanted things his way, it was who he was, so when he saw what he thought was "injustice" as in a non-courageous warrior, he was upset. Back in the old days, and yes, I know the old days of battle, we would be booted for not releasing all from the group, or waqrning them first. Ragers, IMO, should never travel with autoassist on.

Aaron

Nilushka (Guest)Thu 26-Sep-02 12:22 AM

#9334, "RE: ah yes, he fled after a round of combat"
In response to Reply #8

Hah.. Back in the old days? No, back in the old days, Bryvac wouldn't have fled at all, he likely would have done whatever lagging skill he could. Then both ragers would have laughed when you came back to an empty corpse.

*wonders if people realize how "good" they have it with how policed the ragers are today...*

Nil.

MinyarThu 26-Sep-02 10:09 AM
504 posts
#9335, "Not that I want a huge argument..."
In response to Reply #12

..but yeah, I do. Well, I can list all of my ragers if you want, and then lets have Thror tell us if any of them were that way. I always stuck the the code of courage, maybe others didn't. However, i Know very well that Nimbus used to severly punish those who broke the code. Unless you were there as much as I was, I doubt you really know that well. You were just on the losing end probably.

Aaron

Arehanah (Guest)Wed 25-Sep-02 10:09 PM

#9329, "*screech!*"
In response to Reply #4

You'll see, you'll see.

*mutters about not being mentioned*

MinyarThu 26-Sep-02 10:26 AM
504 posts
#9330, "RE: *screech!*"
In response to Reply #9

Sorry bud, I didn't mention the youngsters because honestly I didn't see you guys around that much when I played. Nothing personal, but you didn't travel with me or anything like that!

Keep killing those drow,
Aaron

Lardovian (Guest)Wed 25-Sep-02 10:57 PM

#9328, "RE: Ah, a fun run comes to an end"
In response to Reply #4

True
We didn't get to fight that much... ever.
As much as I hate fighting against a good arcane I would have wanted to try my jaws a bit more on you

We talked like once when you wanted me to come after you, other than that I only saw you on occasionaly, but that may be more due to duo than anything else.

Good luck with the next and all that.

Lardovian

RooqweazThu 26-Sep-02 02:52 AM
33 posts
#9326, "Slightly confused..."
In response to Reply #4

As to why you deleted.

First you say:

>Well, I'd like to start this farewell by saying that the
>arcane transmuter class is awesome. I had so much fun
>hunting with Simyar. I had so many funny and sometimes just
>mean situations that I came into with him.

And later you add:

>Which is why I deleted, boredom. I just wasn't having fun,
>and instead of putting simyar on the back burner while
>I played something else, I decided to delete.

MinyarThu 26-Sep-02 10:13 AM
504 posts
#9327, "Fun...but boring"
In response to Reply #13

Because in truth, in 211 hours I had a lot of fun with SImyar hunting. However, in the past few weeks, the logging on became tedious cause there was never anyone to truly hunt. I could go after tribbies, but they hide in their guilds a lot. Yes, some don't, but I only fought Brandulir when he was fully prepped for the most part. As a muter, You can't take out guildguards very fast in any way. I did have fun, but it became boring.

Plus I wanted to go elsewhere

Aaron

Hirin (Guest)Thu 26-Sep-02 04:59 AM

#9324, "Heralds?"
In response to Reply #4

you forgot the Heralds~!

MinyarThu 26-Sep-02 10:14 AM
504 posts
#9325, "RE: Heralds?"
In response to Reply #14

I only forgot you friend, you were pretty much the only one I liked. Sorry bout that, we had some good travels, thanks for helping me hero

Aaron

Rockbiter (Guest)Thu 26-Sep-02 05:09 AM

#9323, "Farewell'um ye softy elf!! CHOMP!!CHOMP!!"
In response to Reply #4

Liked your character, but Dharum didn't really like to get close to elves or the less heartier of races..You should of seen the many times I journied with Tarnyxil and just layed into him with insults..I mostly tried to keep it low key with the warders and cant remember if I argued with you much, but I sure as hell hit Stelinsia with it..

CHOMP!!!CHOMP!!!

Blimbali (Guest)Thu 26-Sep-02 08:09 AM

#9321, "Here's to conspiracy"
In response to Reply #4

>
>Blimbali and Dharum - This goes with my conspiracy theory
>that the weird druids get Leutenant (sp?). You two are
>great, I'm not saying anything against ya, its just funny
>that four of the past leut's have all been druids. Dharum,
>I love your roleplay as well. Keep it up you two.
>

Heh, I will take this as a compliment I guess as I dont know how else to. Four of the last Lts since when? When I think back to the last year or so, of which I have played the grove alot, I see alot of classes get Lt. Rangers, shifter, shaman, bard...Druids are rarely seen, even among the grove.

But I know how it feels to be passed over for leadership, its happened to me when I felt I deserved it, and its come my way times that I didnt feel I deserved it. All relative I guess. Anyway that is neither here nor there.

As for Simyar, I really liked the character. You were very self reliant and always wanted to travel alone, even on raids. Which is more then fine if you get results, and that you did. You were the eyes and ears for the grove on more occations then I can count. Constantly reporting locations of pack enemies and what people were up to.

I see the grove getting only stronger in the future provided we can get some young blood, and was hoping you would be around to help lead the way. Guess not. Good luck in the future Weswin.....you will be back, admit it.

MinyarThu 26-Sep-02 10:17 AM
504 posts
#9322, "RE: Here's to conspiracy"
In response to Reply #16

Ok...here is the listing

Boldereth was Captain
You - LT
Dharum - LT
Daomael - LT

Thats four druids in leadership, within the last bit, Boldereth was just before Alysrith, and was the one who inducted Simyar I think. Too many sylvans in a six month period!

and, take it as a compliment, I always liked ya

Aaron

UelveyyeThu 26-Sep-02 09:46 AM
9 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#9320, "RE: Ah, a fun run comes to an end"
In response to Reply #4

Ah what times we had, we had more close encounters than I can remember. That one time you and the Shaman got me in Galadon was just sheer sloppiness on my part though, the dust was off, but I was too busy coordinating a counter attack that I didn't duo. Bah! Oh well another lesson for me. Your idea was sound though and worked perfectly.
Good job with the Character, Danical was fun too. I always new when I located your toys and I was in the guild you would come creeping.
I have lots of our skirmishes logged. I'll post them when my time comes.

Good luck on your next.

Brandulir (Guest)Thu 26-Sep-02 09:54 AM

#9319, "Now who will be my nemesis!"
In response to Reply #4

>Tribunal:
>
>Brandulir - Man, you are tough, I think they should make you
>vindicator honestly. However, an airform with those powers
>would be sick. You were already sick to begin with. WE
>finally got you though, and Simyar could rest a bit easier
>being flagged after that.

Damn...my nemesis is gone. It started out just a little fighting here, a little fighting there...then I started to realize, this is the guy that I am always going to be going at. I loved it. I was definitely impressed with your change of tactics as the fights started to build up.

It was always fun to try and pick you off while you were in a group, and then we'd have a fun little chat about it afterwards. That group death in Galadon was painful. I try not to back out of fights unless totally necessary, and I probably should have tried to stay out of that one...but as I said, you were my nemesis and I wanted to at least try and get you Oh well, lost my sweet set of gear, had to rebuild.

I enjoyed your character, and good luck in the future.

Artose (Guest)Thu 26-Sep-02 04:19 PM

#9317, "Hey! What about me."
In response to Reply #4

I enjoyed running around with Simyar and Jhaolyren..all the times we would raid the tower, get gear etc... But I dont know if Ill ever get over you forgeting me

Have fun with the next, and I really liked reading your role,
Artose

MinyarThu 26-Sep-02 05:31 PM
504 posts
#9318, "RE: Hey! What about me."
In response to Reply #25

Thanks friend, though, it had been a long time since the last time we ran together...truly a long time. Was fun though every time we did.

Aaron

Hralng (Guest)Thu 26-Sep-02 06:14 PM

#9316, "Wow, thanks for the vote of confidence."
In response to Reply #4

I was sad you went, but that you thought well of me is heartening. Heck, man, maybe my highpoint with this character to date was managing to get Brandulir that time. Thanks for doing most of the work.

And yeah, I might sorta know what I'm doing, but I'm not very good at warriors, though. As for powers...we have powers other than harmony and windwalk? Whoops! *mutters* It's sad how often I forget that.

I'll miss having you around to talk to...or cast spiderhands on me. Anyway, was fun. Thanks.

Hralng "We don't need no stinkin' trepidation" Elkblood

BriaThu 26-Sep-02 06:15 PM
185 posts
#9315, "RE: Ah, a fun run comes to an end"
In response to Reply #4

Sorry I missed your leaveing, I came on seconds after you deleted. Rats, I would have loved a final good bye. I thought you did a great job and enjoyed my interections with you.

>IMMS:
>Bria - First and foremost my lady in the game. Thank you
>for the tattoo that you gave me, and for the love that you
>showed Simyar. You made my experience fun, I only wish you
>would have run with some of the things I had put in my role
>after I was tattooed, for it went right in line with seeking
>the past of the elves. Ah well, I wish, I wish, I wish.
>I'm so thankful to you though for making my time fun.

Glad you enjoyed it, sorry I didn't get in too more of that, of late my focus has been some changes to the tribunal and that has taken alot of my time. I will work on paying more attention to roles after people are empowered or tattooed, I tend to read them once and then forget to look again, I need to work on that. I wish I could have had those last couple min with you before it was all and done. Good luck with your next char.

Priolith (Guest)Sat 28-Sep-02 03:35 PM

#9313, "RE: Ah, a fun run comes to an end"
In response to Reply #4

Darn, the other person in the grove I could
count on to kick ass with me... too bad you
deleted... Weswin..

Priolith

MinyarSat 28-Sep-02 03:38 PM
504 posts
#9314, "RE: Ah, a fun run comes to an end"
In response to Reply #30

Yeah, I still think you were the scapegoat for something that goes on all the time. The only bad part about the whole IM thing is how far peopel take it. I'm glad I have ooc friends I talk to, but they all know that if they are in a different cabal, I'm going to come after them. Ah well, such is life sometimes, sometimes you get the short end, other times you get the good part.

Guess we will see,
Aaron

Sahannara (Guest)Sun 29-Sep-02 02:15 PM

#9312, "RE: Ah, a fun run comes to an end"
In response to Reply #4

Im not old, Im just like a very good wine
it is sad to see you go, but I know you will come back
to the pack, wonder in which form... until we meet again, take good care of yourself.

AlysrithMon 30-Sep-02 06:37 PM
57 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9311, "RE: Ah, a fun run comes to an end"
In response to Reply #4

Sorry to see you go. We had some good times. 3 Sylvans in a row,
and I enjoyed each and every one of them.
Good luck, and have fun with your next...whatever that might be.

Wasarbre (Guest)Wed 25-Sep-02 08:41 PM

#9337, "RE: (DEL) Simyar D'Arelin the High Wizard of the Arcan..."
In response to Reply #0

One of my biggest regrets was not getting to travel much with you. Liked your charactor from the times we did interact. Would have had some fun hunting together. *grin* Nice job though.

MinyarWed 25-Sep-02 08:25 PM
504 posts
#9338, "Simyar's ROle"
In response to Reply #0

*** You step back into three dimensions. ***

“You didn’t believe in my goals, you didn’t believe I could make it this far without living among the city-dwellers. What have you done though? How comfortable you must be sitting in this, this, city, this Darsylon. I have lived without the city since I was a youngster, when you left me there to “learn.” Yes, I thank you for that chance you gave me, which afforded me the spells necessary to protect the lands. Oh yes, an arcane transmuter can definitely protect the wilds of this land.”

“I never doubted you Simyar, I just never agreed with your path.”

“No father, you did doubt me, and everything I did was never good enough for you. I hadn’t intended to ever care to come back, but I know I must show you love, for even though I felt no love from you growing up, I know that your spirit could be free if you would just let it.”

“What are you talking about Simyar, why do you come here and spread this Sylvan Propaganda?”

“Our race, our very heritage is founded in that propaganda, Our ancestors danced among the stars on tops of the mounts and in the forests. When I was young you told me grand stories of the trees fighting amongst us against the orcs and goblins that came down from the mountain to try and destroy the forest. Where has that part of you gone? Do you even believe in the magic of the forest?”

“Those tales are just lore that has been passed down for centuries. Darsylon has stood for ages, and we have defended it without fear since long before I walked among our people.”

“But you are blinded by the “security” you feel inside the city father, can’t you see how comfortable we have become to take on the ways of the humans? I don’t mind them father, but we have always lived among the wilds, our people, our heritage, it once was so rich and full of blessing from the mother. Our people ran with the creatures, and their spirits roamed free. I want this for my children, and I want this for our people. I want my life to be an example to our city of what true freedom is.”

“Then go Simyar D’Arelin, and seek what you must find for yourself. Know that I disagree.”

“And so it is then father”

*** You lose a dimension and disappear from view. ***

*** You step back into three dimensions. ***

“Hello mother” Simyar says in a low whisper to avoid disturbing his father in the other room.

Simyar’s mother jumps in the air with the surprise of her son materializing right in front of her! “Oh Simyar, you have obtained the last ranks of your guild, but why have you not come to visit me?”

“I love you mother, I hope you know that, but I have no love for the cities, yes, I have mastered the spells of my guild, but I have never called them home. I trained with the Dranettie people, or with the humans protecting their battlefield in the past. I have not practiced with the guildmasters!”

“Don’t raise your tone with me young man, you may not like the cities, but I still love you, and I’m still your mother.”

“I’m sorry mother, you are right, the world is a hard place, full of vile things. It is easy to become hardened by it, and to lose sight of love. However, that has not happened to me, love is still prevalent in my heart. I have found many things my heart desires mother, family, home, religion.”

“You have found the Lady?” she asks with joy in her tone.

“Yes mother, the Lady Bria and I have become close, in her ways I walk, and in love I bring mercy and justice to this land.” As if to prove his point Simyar removes his robe, and platemail. He pulls aside his undershirt to reveal the hummingbird tattoo that beats with his heart! Simyar’s mother faints dead away with surprise.

A few moments pass and Simyar’s mother wakes to find herself cradled in his strong arms. She looks to him and says “Oh my Son, my beautiful son, may your life change this world! She has found a strong follower in you, may she grant you happiness and your hearts desires.”

“Oh mother, you have always been there for me, but do you truly know my hearts desire?”

“I know you seek to protect the wilds, this much I gather from your father, but do you really think you can discover the old ways?”

“I’m not sure mother, but it is my hope that with m’lady’s blessing I will know better where to look. I seek to learn the old ways of Daoine Teague Feer, and I wish to learn how to summon the trees, so that they may fight to aid the forest.”

“Son, we celebrate Daoine Teague Feer, and I have only heard of summoning the trees in my bedtime stories. I don’t doubt your sincerity, just the logic of it.”

“Mother, I love you, but the Daoine Teague Feer that you practice is only a celebration with food, it was said that when this ancient dance was performed, all the elves and their friendly allies under the moon could feel the effects. Their vigor was renewed and they felt more protection!”

“May you learn all you can son, but I pray you don’t become disappointed. I love you Simyar.”

Simyar makes his way over to his mother, and as his lips are to her cheek he utters a phrase under his breath and fades away into nothingness.

*** You lose a dimension and disappear from view.”

QuiditusWed 25-Sep-02 08:21 PM
56 posts
#9339, "HEY!"
In response to Reply #0

I never spoke to you except heard many good things...but if I recall correctly I remember you saying that you would never delete and just die gracefully???????? well if I'm right what happened??

-Quid

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #9306 Previous topic | Next topic