Subject: "Boredom and Nexus got to me." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #76823
Show all folders

Booorstone (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-09 01:25 PM

#76851, "Boredom and Nexus got to me."

The quick and dirty of this is first, I am buying a house and in the process and boy is it time consuming. This weekend I finally got some time and low and behold I got on and was stripped of a few things due to anti-hording code. Which is fine. But ultimately I didn't really want to continue to play him anyway. Nexus is interesting, somewhat, but the theory and the implementation just isn't there, at least for me. People hated me, loved me, hated me, and I tried to be as open as possible about the changing of the scales so people wouldn't REALLY hate me. So in that I hope I succeeded.

Next, I was a Twist follower, and my role, be it somewhat lame, was to forge weapons for magic to be housed in, perfect weapons deserving of Twist's magic. I prayed to Twist while I forged, probably about 10 or 12 times over my life. What I realized after the fact is that I was praying to Twist and that Twist was actually Shilbor standing next to me! Hehehe. So for the first half of this character's life, I was praying to Shilbor actually.

After that, I just never got a response, not even a twinkle so I just carried on, thinking I'm not worthy.

As for the character itself, I chose the legacies to just be very defensive and hard to kill, so went spear/staff for impale and defenses, hand to hand for stun and vital, and exotics for great parrying. I was hoping with Pwent and forging, I could get some nasty weapons and high damage, but didn't work out. One thing that did work out is I was well equipped to handle ANY maledictions. Wielding an onyx claw and silver claw, I had +7 dex and +7 strength just in weapons. Add in my actual equipment, I had a good malediction depth of almost +20 on dex and strength so boneshattering me and such didn't do anything to me, as a lot of villagers realized.

Now as for legacies I did exotics and gates of the forge, and all I'm going to say about gates is that if you do it right on a magic using character, it is awesome. My damage reduction was insane expecially with my hit points and defensive ability. With equipment and then add in ironskin + stoneskin + armor + aura + shield (which all have bonus to ac anyway) + sanctuary from the mark of the dwarven crusader, I was taking wounds from villagers with my own preps. Add in Vanguard and deathblows against me would average a MANGLE or DEMOLISH, and sometimes as low as a DISMEMBER. So do not underestimate Gates of the Forge.

Now for Goodbyes:

Twist: Sorry for sucking. Each time I prayed I felt like you were wincing. I never got any interaction and unfortunately I'm more of a casual player now and cannot dedicate the time others do.

Nexus:
Great concept, I just cannot get a good feel of it. I did the best I could to help everyone out and be generally happy and ready to rumble.

Kassibaz: Aggressive and great fighter, always was good to have you around. One suggestion, stop inducting CHAOTICS hehehe.

Cyrn: Others didn't like you, but you knew your stuff. The looting thing was perception more than anything. Perception is sometimes greater and more dangerous than actual actions, keep that in mind. It is true in real life and in the mud. Good luck, you are certainly a skilled bastard.

Delagny: Soft spoken and shy, I couldn't tell if it was Roleplay or just how you do things. You were effective, although sometimes when we went in rumbling, you kept choosing the ram to start out and that sometimes bit you and somehow I would get away. Good luck with leadership you will do well.

Shilbor: We grew up together and hell you were Twist! You were a good rumbler and thanks for the leveling.

Others: Have a bad memory. No one was horrible or anything.

Village:

Iegob: Always fun to rumble with you. I became overconfident that one time when we rumbled and you cleaned the floor with me. Vanguard people underestimate but boy does it help against villagers, and when it goes down, you feel it. Great fighter and enjoyed our fights.

Grulgor: Also a good fighter, but please do not brag when I beat the snot out of you at the giant, and I have to come get you at the Destructor and you force me to flee. It just annoys me, but that is my own problem I guess. Beyond that, good stuff.

Wolgrun: get 1., wield 1., get 1., wield 1., get 1., wield 1., aww screw it, get all, use hands. That was the gist of fighting you. Crashing is kind of broken but hey, it is an effective legacy now. Keep on fighting, I enjoyed your combo and tactics.

Bork: See the get 1. stuff above. We always were fair to each other and I enjoyed our fi ghts and tried to return everything to you when possible. Keep on Commanding.

Selene: Didn't fight you much, but I knew your legacies right away, see get 1. above.

Thomyen (sp?): Also knew your legacies right away. Good build to do it with. Take care.

Empire:

Not much to say about Empire. When in power they ganged you, when not in power they begged for help and I couldn't kill them off. That was pretty much it. Zhurn would ask for help when he was underdog, then when he was roving with the Ikbe/Lich/Super death squad, I was just a target. Wish I could have gotten a fair one on one fight with any one of you. I take that back, the lich I got a few quick fights in on, but the tactic was pretty obvious, blind, flee, spam sleep until get. I didn't want to go down in such a chump way, so I usually got out of dodge if that was what you were doing. And that was what you were doing each time.

Fortress:

We had a good love/hate relationship. Of all the cabal interactions I had as being a Nexus, that was the most entertaining. Most of you treated me with guarded respect. I did always explain upfront if I was coming after you and giving you notice. I knew it sometimes made it so some just recalled away, but I wasn't willing to be that backstabbing Nexus people complained about.

Scion:

Not a lot of interaction other than me just helping you guys out. Always a pleasure to help you out.

Outlander:

Not a lot of interaction, although some of you, Jolindar, treated me with some kind of respect which I don't know if I deserved as a dwarf but I accepted it and appreciated it, thanks!

Tribunal:
Ikul (sp?): Provost person. Enlarged, hasted, and having edges to stop it, and still you would get a blackjack each time, amazing. You kept stealing my Twist weapons! *cry* As for turning myself in, I was wary of doing it to you mainly because I didn't trust you at all. I would rather have a sahuagin near Nexus poke a hole in me than turn myself into you. There were a few times I was going, but balance shifted or I had to kill someone in town so. No go. Good luck with your slimey thiefy self (A good thing!)

Beyond that, thanks all for the opportunity. I have definitely backslide in being able to play and do well. I just don't care any more and am more interested in testing and trying things out than going through the required motions for really excellent RP, which unfortunately, despite what people say, means lots of time, lots of interaction, and lots of dedication.

I have went from the hardcore player to the casual player, and I am feeling the pain, but I'm strangely okay with it.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [NEXUS] Booorstone the Legend of the Battlefi... [View all] , Death_Angel, Tue 10-Feb-09 12:08 AM
Reply Boredom and Nexus got to me., Booorstone (Guest), 10-Feb-09 01:25 PM #2
Reply RE: Boredom and Nexus got to me., Baerinika, 10-Feb-09 02:16 PM, #3
Reply The name heh., Booorstone (Guest), 10-Feb-09 05:22 PM, #6
Reply Somewhat, Ahtieli2 (Guest), 10-Feb-09 03:05 PM, #4
Reply RE: Somewhat, Booorstone (Guest), 10-Feb-09 05:30 PM, #7
     Reply Well, Ahtieli2 (Guest), 10-Feb-09 11:27 PM, #12
          Reply Lets drop it..., Booorstone (Guest), 11-Feb-09 12:57 AM, #13
               Reply Wait, wait, wait..., Beront (Guest), 11-Feb-09 06:14 AM, #14
                    Reply Actually I'm being an adult, Booorstone (Guest), 11-Feb-09 10:37 AM, #16
                         Reply Excellent. Beront vs AnonBooorstone ( 1:0 ) n/t, Beront (Guest), 11-Feb-09 11:01 AM, #17
                         Reply Your comments are far from those that could come from a..., Ahtieli2 (Guest), 11-Feb-09 09:43 PM, #20
                         Reply Don't let him drag you down dude. n/t, stunna1 (Guest), 11-Feb-09 09:57 PM, #21
Reply RE: Boredom and Nexus got to me., Grulgor (Guest), 10-Feb-09 03:31 PM, #5
Reply RE: Boredom and Nexus got to me., Twist, 10-Feb-09 07:28 PM, #8
Reply Foul magics., Stunna1 (Guest), 11-Feb-09 10:07 AM, #15
     Reply c 'fizzy water' Stunna, Twist, 11-Feb-09 04:08 PM, #18
Reply Personally..., EXB, 10-Feb-09 07:55 PM, #9
Reply Question for you..txt, Bad-Ivan (Guest), 10-Feb-09 09:11 PM, #10
Reply Phooey, Kassibaz (Guest), 10-Feb-09 10:00 PM, #11
Reply I wish I had this log...., Tac, 11-Feb-09 05:15 PM, #19
Reply I really enjoyed fighting you!, Iegob (Guest), 10-Feb-09 12:40 AM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #76823 Previous topic | Next topic