Subject: "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Booorstone the Legend of the Battlefi..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #76823
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 10-Feb-09 12:08 AM
Member since 22nd May 2024
16865 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#76823, "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Booorstone the Legend of the Battlefield"

Mon Feb 9 23:07:53 2009

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Booorstone perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:115

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Boredom and Nexus got to me., Booorstone (Guest), 10-Feb-09 01:25 PM, #2
Reply RE: Boredom and Nexus got to me., Baerinika, 10-Feb-09 02:16 PM, #3
Reply The name heh., Booorstone (Guest), 10-Feb-09 05:22 PM, #6
Reply Somewhat, Ahtieli2 (Guest), 10-Feb-09 03:05 PM, #4
Reply RE: Somewhat, Booorstone (Guest), 10-Feb-09 05:30 PM, #7
     Reply Well, Ahtieli2 (Guest), 10-Feb-09 11:27 PM, #12
          Reply Lets drop it..., Booorstone (Guest), 11-Feb-09 12:57 AM, #13
               Reply Wait, wait, wait..., Beront (Guest), 11-Feb-09 06:14 AM, #14
                    Reply Actually I'm being an adult, Booorstone (Guest), 11-Feb-09 10:37 AM, #16
                         Reply Excellent. Beront vs AnonBooorstone ( 1:0 ) n/t, Beront (Guest), 11-Feb-09 11:01 AM, #17
                         Reply Your comments are far from those that could come from a..., Ahtieli2 (Guest), 11-Feb-09 09:43 PM, #20
                         Reply Don't let him drag you down dude. n/t, stunna1 (Guest), 11-Feb-09 09:57 PM, #21
Reply RE: Boredom and Nexus got to me., Grulgor (Guest), 10-Feb-09 03:31 PM, #5
Reply RE: Boredom and Nexus got to me., Twist, 10-Feb-09 07:28 PM, #8
Reply Foul magics., Stunna1 (Guest), 11-Feb-09 10:07 AM, #15
     Reply c 'fizzy water' Stunna, Twist, 11-Feb-09 04:08 PM, #18
Reply Personally..., EXB, 10-Feb-09 07:55 PM, #9
Reply Question for you..txt, Bad-Ivan (Guest), 10-Feb-09 09:11 PM, #10
Reply Phooey, Kassibaz (Guest), 10-Feb-09 10:00 PM, #11
Reply I wish I had this log...., Tac, 11-Feb-09 05:15 PM, #19
Reply I really enjoyed fighting you!, Iegob (Guest), 10-Feb-09 12:40 AM, #1

Booorstone (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-09 01:25 PM

#76851, "Boredom and Nexus got to me."
In response to Reply #0

The quick and dirty of this is first, I am buying a house and in the process and boy is it time consuming. This weekend I finally got some time and low and behold I got on and was stripped of a few things due to anti-hording code. Which is fine. But ultimately I didn't really want to continue to play him anyway. Nexus is interesting, somewhat, but the theory and the implementation just isn't there, at least for me. People hated me, loved me, hated me, and I tried to be as open as possible about the changing of the scales so people wouldn't REALLY hate me. So in that I hope I succeeded.

Next, I was a Twist follower, and my role, be it somewhat lame, was to forge weapons for magic to be housed in, perfect weapons deserving of Twist's magic. I prayed to Twist while I forged, probably about 10 or 12 times over my life. What I realized after the fact is that I was praying to Twist and that Twist was actually Shilbor standing next to me! Hehehe. So for the first half of this character's life, I was praying to Shilbor actually.

After that, I just never got a response, not even a twinkle so I just carried on, thinking I'm not worthy.

As for the character itself, I chose the legacies to just be very defensive and hard to kill, so went spear/staff for impale and defenses, hand to hand for stun and vital, and exotics for great parrying. I was hoping with Pwent and forging, I could get some nasty weapons and high damage, but didn't work out. One thing that did work out is I was well equipped to handle ANY maledictions. Wielding an onyx claw and silver claw, I had +7 dex and +7 strength just in weapons. Add in my actual equipment, I had a good malediction depth of almost +20 on dex and strength so boneshattering me and such didn't do anything to me, as a lot of villagers realized.

Now as for legacies I did exotics and gates of the forge, and all I'm going to say about gates is that if you do it right on a magic using character, it is awesome. My damage reduction was insane expecially with my hit points and defensive ability. With equipment and then add in ironskin + stoneskin + armor + aura + shield (which all have bonus to ac anyway) + sanctuary from the mark of the dwarven crusader, I was taking wounds from villagers with my own preps. Add in Vanguard and deathblows against me would average a MANGLE or DEMOLISH, and sometimes as low as a DISMEMBER. So do not underestimate Gates of the Forge.

Now for Goodbyes:

Twist: Sorry for sucking. Each time I prayed I felt like you were wincing. I never got any interaction and unfortunately I'm more of a casual player now and cannot dedicate the time others do.

Nexus:
Great concept, I just cannot get a good feel of it. I did the best I could to help everyone out and be generally happy and ready to rumble.

Kassibaz: Aggressive and great fighter, always was good to have you around. One suggestion, stop inducting CHAOTICS hehehe.

Cyrn: Others didn't like you, but you knew your stuff. The looting thing was perception more than anything. Perception is sometimes greater and more dangerous than actual actions, keep that in mind. It is true in real life and in the mud. Good luck, you are certainly a skilled bastard.

Delagny: Soft spoken and shy, I couldn't tell if it was Roleplay or just how you do things. You were effective, although sometimes when we went in rumbling, you kept choosing the ram to start out and that sometimes bit you and somehow I would get away. Good luck with leadership you will do well.

Shilbor: We grew up together and hell you were Twist! You were a good rumbler and thanks for the leveling.

Others: Have a bad memory. No one was horrible or anything.

Village:

Iegob: Always fun to rumble with you. I became overconfident that one time when we rumbled and you cleaned the floor with me. Vanguard people underestimate but boy does it help against villagers, and when it goes down, you feel it. Great fighter and enjoyed our fights.

Grulgor: Also a good fighter, but please do not brag when I beat the snot out of you at the giant, and I have to come get you at the Destructor and you force me to flee. It just annoys me, but that is my own problem I guess. Beyond that, good stuff.

Wolgrun: get 1., wield 1., get 1., wield 1., get 1., wield 1., aww screw it, get all, use hands. That was the gist of fighting you. Crashing is kind of broken but hey, it is an effective legacy now. Keep on fighting, I enjoyed your combo and tactics.

Bork: See the get 1. stuff above. We always were fair to each other and I enjoyed our fi ghts and tried to return everything to you when possible. Keep on Commanding.

Selene: Didn't fight you much, but I knew your legacies right away, see get 1. above.

Thomyen (sp?): Also knew your legacies right away. Good build to do it with. Take care.

Empire:

Not much to say about Empire. When in power they ganged you, when not in power they begged for help and I couldn't kill them off. That was pretty much it. Zhurn would ask for help when he was underdog, then when he was roving with the Ikbe/Lich/Super death squad, I was just a target. Wish I could have gotten a fair one on one fight with any one of you. I take that back, the lich I got a few quick fights in on, but the tactic was pretty obvious, blind, flee, spam sleep until get. I didn't want to go down in such a chump way, so I usually got out of dodge if that was what you were doing. And that was what you were doing each time.

Fortress:

We had a good love/hate relationship. Of all the cabal interactions I had as being a Nexus, that was the most entertaining. Most of you treated me with guarded respect. I did always explain upfront if I was coming after you and giving you notice. I knew it sometimes made it so some just recalled away, but I wasn't willing to be that backstabbing Nexus people complained about.

Scion:

Not a lot of interaction other than me just helping you guys out. Always a pleasure to help you out.

Outlander:

Not a lot of interaction, although some of you, Jolindar, treated me with some kind of respect which I don't know if I deserved as a dwarf but I accepted it and appreciated it, thanks!

Tribunal:
Ikul (sp?): Provost person. Enlarged, hasted, and having edges to stop it, and still you would get a blackjack each time, amazing. You kept stealing my Twist weapons! *cry* As for turning myself in, I was wary of doing it to you mainly because I didn't trust you at all. I would rather have a sahuagin near Nexus poke a hole in me than turn myself into you. There were a few times I was going, but balance shifted or I had to kill someone in town so. No go. Good luck with your slimey thiefy self (A good thing!)

Beyond that, thanks all for the opportunity. I have definitely backslide in being able to play and do well. I just don't care any more and am more interested in testing and trying things out than going through the required motions for really excellent RP, which unfortunately, despite what people say, means lots of time, lots of interaction, and lots of dedication.

I have went from the hardcore player to the casual player, and I am feeling the pain, but I'm strangely okay with it.

BaerinikaTue 10-Feb-09 02:16 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
338 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#76852, "RE: Boredom and Nexus got to me."
In response to Reply #2

You turned out to be a very solid Nexite, but the name actually put me off right away. I rolled my eyes when I saw you got inducted. Kind of curious why you picked it.

All in all, actually a really great character, and I hope you come back to Nexus. (or maybe play Fort)

Booorstone (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-09 05:22 PM

#76865, "The name heh."
In response to Reply #3

I just thought of it, sounded like a dwarf name so went from there. Sorry it put a bad taste in your mouth. I know what you are feeling, I had the same feeling with other characters.

Thanks for the feedback and I'll think about the Goodie Challenge. It is very hard for me, perhaps I should expand my horizons.

Ahtieli2 (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-09 03:05 PM

#76854, "Somewhat"
In response to Reply #2

weird comment on Empire, but it's quite common now a days. Even lowbie rager thief who saw Empress about 4-5 times and only on the eastern(rager patrol zone) when empire was heading to raid/reraid... Jeez.

Booorstone (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-09 05:30 PM

#76866, "RE: Somewhat"
In response to Reply #4

Oh no hard feelings. I just know the tactics of necromancers and quite honestly I would probably do the same. The time in the Weald, I didn't want to end up cursed and blinded and sleep bait, so I left as you were trying the flee/sleep thing, that was our one engagement where it was one on one. The other times were camping outside the village to summon people, and another in Silverwood. Both you had a massive army and two to three others with you. Just my experience. So good luck with Empire and the Lich thing. You certainly did the work needed to get there so you deserve however you want to play.

Take care!

Ahtieli2 (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-09 11:27 PM

#76882, "Well"
In response to Reply #7

>Oh no hard feelings. I just know the tactics of necromancers
>and quite honestly I would probably do the same. The time in
>the Weald, I didn't want to end up cursed and blinded and
>sleep bait, so I left as you were trying the flee/sleep thing,
>that was our one engagement where it was one on one. The other
>times were camping outside the village to summon people, and
>another in Silverwood. Both you had a massive army and two to
>three others with you. Just my experience. So good luck with
>Empire and the Lich thing. You certainly did the work needed
>to get there so you deserve however you want to play.
>
>Take care!

Umm, may be I missed something(There were few days that were not logged), but our meeting were:
1. One on one in weald, I did not try flee, sleep thing because you ran after 4-6 rounds, I blinded you though so it was smart to get away.
2. Found you in weald, we both were alone but you ran without fight, while I was fighting with Jokaai
3. Me and Zhurn against you in silver wood.
4. Found you in weald, we both were alone but you ran without fight

I'm not sure where you saw all other things like:
>The other times were camping outside the village to summon people,
>and another in Silverwood. Both you had a massive army and two to
>three others with you.

May be Zhurn is equal to two or three, but I don't think so. I would say he was equal to 0,5

Booorstone (Guest)Wed 11-Feb-09 12:57 AM

#76884, "Lets drop it..."
In response to Reply #12

I do not want to get into a pissing match regarding what and whom. I know who was there and what I fought and through whatever eyes you are looking at you thought differently. Good luck with next, yadda yadda. And we are done here.

Beront (Guest)Wed 11-Feb-09 06:14 AM

#76889, "Wait, wait, wait..."
In response to Reply #13

Are you trying to avoid the answer? Did You start the ####thread and now run away without pants?

Booorstone (Guest)Wed 11-Feb-09 10:37 AM

#76898, "Actually I'm being an adult"
In response to Reply #14

I understand the internet, and he/she will just say whatever she wants despite anything brought otherwise. And honestly I do not care enough to engage in such a petty pissing match. I have two choices here, care about some internet random who wants to be high and mighty about a text based game and spend time getting logs and details, or I could just not care and walk away, and spend my time doing more productive and enjoyable things.

If it makes you feel better, Ahtieli wins, way to go Ahtieli! There, you got me, seriously. Like I actually care.

It would behoove you to take a hint from this.

Beront (Guest)Wed 11-Feb-09 11:01 AM

#76900, "Excellent. Beront vs AnonBooorstone ( 1:0 ) n/t"
In response to Reply #16

n/t

Ahtieli2 (Guest)Wed 11-Feb-09 09:43 PM

#76931, "Your comments are far from those that could come from a..."
In response to Reply #16

but whatever you say.

stunna1 (Guest)Wed 11-Feb-09 09:57 PM

#76932, "Don't let him drag you down dude. n/t"
In response to Reply #16

asdf

Grulgor (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-09 03:31 PM

#76857, "RE: Boredom and Nexus got to me."
In response to Reply #2

I sort of remember the fight you are talking about. All I can say is I never ooc bragged about anything with this char, I cannot think of anything that could have possibly justified it. I may have just been trying to taunt you ic as that fight was the only time I got somewhat close to killing you. You try fighting a sanced preped dwarf as a villager and not running to hide at the big D. Hehe. You were a tough dwarf and I have to agree. . . Hated the name, and thats coming from someone named Meatfist!

TwistTue 10-Feb-09 07:28 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#76876, "RE: Boredom and Nexus got to me."
In response to Reply #2

>The quick and dirty of this is first, I am buying a house and
>in the process and boy is it time consuming. This weekend I
>finally got some time and low and behold I got on and was
>stripped of a few things due to anti-hording code. Which is
>fine. But ultimately I didn't really want to continue to play
>him anyway. Nexus is interesting, somewhat, but the theory and
>the implementation just isn't there, at least for me. People
>hated me, loved me, hated me, and I tried to be as open as
>possible about the changing of the scales so people wouldn't
>REALLY hate me. So in that I hope I succeeded.

I saw you logon (and then off very quickly) faster than I could even talk to you. You were probably going to be the next Rhyme. Heh.

>Next, I was a Twist follower, and my role, be it somewhat
>lame, was to forge weapons for magic to be housed in, perfect
>weapons deserving of Twist's magic. I prayed to Twist while I
>forged, probably about 10 or 12 times over my life. What I
>realized after the fact is that I was praying to Twist and
>that Twist was actually Shilbor standing next to me! Hehehe.
>So for the first half of this character's life, I was praying
>to Shilbor actually.
>
>After that, I just never got a response, not even a twinkle so
>I just carried on, thinking I'm not worthy.

Yeah I was going to talk to you about that, too, but it wouldn't have been worth much to you. I was just going to ridicule you for being a warrior who thought he could do some form of magic. As you can probably guess from the notes I've sent to Nexus, Twist doesn't think much of any non-mage. There've been a few notable exceptions but in general all you get from me is condesencion(sp?) at best.

On the char itself, part of the reason I deleted Shilbor was I was really unhappy with my legacy choices, and you were part of that...I was like damn, look how much Booorstone is able to do, while my theory of what to do just sucks for me.

>Now for Goodbyes:
>
>Twist: Sorry for sucking. Each time I prayed I felt like you
>were wincing. I never got any interaction and unfortunately
>I'm more of a casual player now and cannot dedicate the time
>others do.

Nah, you didn't suck. It is my bad that I didn't get in touch with you at some point. Sorry.

>Shilbor: We grew up together and hell you were Twist! You were
>a good rumbler and thanks for the leveling.

Heh I was like "Jeez, someone else is doing dwarf war in Nexus. There goes any chance at Dern gear." Heh.

Anyhow, good char, good luck with the next!

Stunna1 (Guest)Wed 11-Feb-09 10:07 AM

#76897, "Foul magics."
In response to Reply #8

>There've been a few notable exceptions but in general all you
>get from me is condesencion(sp?) at best.

You put little bubbles of water on them?

TwistWed 11-Feb-09 04:08 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#76910, "c 'fizzy water' Stunna"
In response to Reply #15

Condescencion.

EXBTue 10-Feb-09 07:55 PM
Member since 15th Jun 2005
102 posts
#76877, "Personally..."
In response to Reply #2

For whatever reason, I never had any bad taste about your name... not sure why, but too me it was dwarf enough? I didn't try to google it though but I suppose because it had 'stone' in it, that was the issue... still scratching my head on that.

In any case, I say come back Nexus style. Nexus needs avid players and especially in the melee department (Though come back in any form you wish if you do). I never got to experience you too much cause you were out the door before then, but yeah... If you want an idea for a good nexus offensive warrior type, just pm me and I'll share my super-secret role idea with you

EXB

GLWYN

Bad-Ivan (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-09 09:11 PM

#76878, "Question for you..txt"
In response to Reply #2

I never interacted with you, but I can say I thought the name fit perfectly well for a dwarf. I have been kicking around a build very similar to yours and I would love to get some info from you before I invest the time. If you dont mind answering some questions would you drop me an email at jasoncarraway@sc.rr.com . I'll be thankful for any info you can help me with, but perfectly understand if you don't get in touch. Either way good luck with your next and I'll see you in the fields.

Kassibaz (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-09 10:00 PM

#76880, "Phooey"
In response to Reply #2

Well I really liked Booorstone. You were mean sometimes downright nasty. Id watch you beat up a few ragers when I was running half way through the fight.Ill echo what EXB said and please make a warrior we need em! Good luck with the next.

TacWed 11-Feb-09 05:15 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#76919, "I wish I had this log...."
In response to Reply #2

But the only thing I remember from Booorstone is a fight we had where Dreep weaponbroke a staff/spear and watched a dwarf dodge every attack for the next two rounds before finishing me with a pugil. I was like... weaponbreak hell yea I might pull this out and then.... nothing.

That is all.

Iegob (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-09 12:40 AM

#76824, "I really enjoyed fighting you!"
In response to Reply #0

I was so low in con though, that even if bleeding never did more than wounds on me, I still went - ^^ And with 0 ways to heal up... Well, gameover every time you pursuit me into big D.

Kickass char, a shame you deleted! Was looking forward to fighting you again!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #76823 Previous topic | Next topic