Subject: "Rangers in and out of battle." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #7195
Show all folders

Boy Scout (Guest)Wed 26-Jun-02 09:03 AM

#7199, "Rangers in and out of battle."

Two of the major advantages a ranger has over a warrior is camouflage and magic. By being in battle, you give up the magical aspect. So now you're trading two specs, legacies, and now massive hp in the last 10 ranks for...just the camo path. You're going to have a disadvantage to warriors in battle, and maybe even elsewhere. You surely know, however, that camouflage as a rager is one of the most useful things there is. There are all sorts of nice places for you to camouflage to scout, spy, set a trap, kill someone, etc. It also is your best means of hiding. No more needing to run all the way to the village because something tough is after you, you get to camouflage. As for losing fastcamo, you need to consider where you rank more, because you're not going to always have the choice of where you fight. In raids and retrievals, I'll argue that you're very wrong about their utility. My rager ranger did solo retrievals and raids. If I can do it, you can do it. So I'm telling you that it's both possible and feasible.

Rangers, however, are not for everyone. It's obvious that you have distaste for the class. I think that's sad, you seemed to have done pretty well.

Good luck with the next, whatever it should be.
-Boy Scout

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DEL) Falkim the Warder of the Glade [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 23-Jun-02 07:38 PM
Reply RE: (DEL) Falkim the Warder of the Glade, Falkim (Guest), 24-Jun-02 11:40 PM, #5
Reply RE: (DEL) Falkim the Warder of the Glade, Orinah (Guest), 25-Jun-02 04:28 AM, #6
Reply RE: (DEL) Falkim the Warder of the Glade, Falkim (Guest), 25-Jun-02 08:59 AM, #7
     Reply RE: (DEL) Falkim the Warder of the Glade, Orinah (Guest), 26-Jun-02 08:19 AM, #9
Reply RE: (DEL) Falkim the Warder of the Glade, Thalongrim (Guest), 25-Jun-02 09:57 PM, #8
Reply Rangers in and out of battle., Boy Scout (Guest), 26-Jun-02 09:03 AM #10
Reply Well done, Zethyr (Guest), 27-Jun-02 03:22 AM, #11
     Reply Thanks man, it was fun (n/t), Falkim (Guest), 28-Jun-02 08:17 AM, #12
Reply O im proud to say, Drag0nSt0rm, 24-Jun-02 09:20 PM, #4
Reply Will the real Falkim tell us whats up?, Danical (Guest), 24-Jun-02 09:12 PM, #3
Reply Why did you have to delete? You did well as a villager ..., Annette (Guest), 24-Jun-02 07:05 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DEL) Falkim the Warder of the Glade, Cercanopuno (Guest), 23-Jun-02 07:59 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #7195 Previous topic | Next topic