Subject: "Cool Character" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #64639
Show all folders

KastellynSun 30-Dec-07 10:29 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64735, "Cool Character"

This was the first real melee class I’ve ever played as a primary character, and the only BattleRager I’ve ever rolled up and the first warrior I’ve played to hero. I’m a chronic mage player over the last 10+ years and needed a change.

This impresses me. It's tough to do what you did with your first melee class. Shows how good it is to play the other side - you play a lot of mages, you know what can kill them.

I thought that with Striking / Fires I could last through some tough fights and be able to keep improving so that I could stick with the enemies that would just loop back, but I was disappointed.

I think striking did more for you than you might think. It certainly wasn't an "I WIN" button for Sananto, but it definitely came into play a few times when I was watching you.

I remember fighting Aldonius for what must have been a week in-game and it only fired once or twice.

If that was in Elemental Temple, I watched pretty much the whole thing. I think you both did pretty well, but this was one of the fights where I remember thinking that striking had a lot to do with you finally pulling off a victory.

Kasty, Ysal, Yean: I thought you guys did a nice job in heading up this cabal. You’re active and a good group. I didn’t interact with any of your much personally, but I appreciated the little bit I did get. Sorry for disappointing as I got into the upper ranks. Thanks for the Mage Slayer title, though I will tell you that the moment I received the title it was the curse of death for my PK’ing. Until I got into the mid 40 ranks, nearly any mage that saw me come into the area with that title would immediately teleport or word (some exceptions, of course). Prior to the title a good number would try to fight.

Thanks! You didn't disappoint any of us, as far as I know - certainly not at the upper ranks. I thought you were still very solid, though I did notice the mage PKs start to taper off. Which is cool.

MageSlayer is a blessing and a curse, and I think it works exactly how I envisioned. It's a small reward for a character who is doing what Villagers should be doing: slaying mages, but it doesn't really come with any benefits (except maybe a Cabal edge or something, if I'm feeling generous). It's also a target on your back, as well as a warning to other mages that you can beat them (which I think addresses Abernyte's concern). You earned it, and though I'm sorry it made things tougher for you...that was the intent!

All in all, I really liked Sananto, though I thought your Arial dagger-spec RP was terrible!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DELETED) [BATTLE] Sananto Gol the Legend of the Battle... [View all] , Death_Angel, Thu 27-Dec-07 03:24 AM
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Sananto Gol the Legend of the Ba..., RobDarken (Guest), 29-Dec-07 09:55 PM, #16
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Sananto Gol the Legend of the Ba..., Trestar (Guest), 30-Dec-07 01:34 PM, #18
Reply You were tough!, LLorenz (Guest), 27-Dec-07 08:06 PM, #4
Reply He wasn't a dagger-spec LOL. NT, AA (Guest), 27-Dec-07 08:49 PM, #5
Reply He wasnt?!?!, LLorenz (Guest), 27-Dec-07 09:06 PM, #6
Reply From his own words :), AA (Guest), 27-Dec-07 09:24 PM, #7
Reply RE: You were tough!, Trestar (Guest), 27-Dec-07 11:17 PM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Sananto Gol the Legend of the Ba..., Trestar (Guest), 27-Dec-07 06:37 PM, #3
Reply :) oh well..., Chirikaw (Guest), 28-Dec-07 04:11 AM, #9
Reply I gues san is like the enemy nobody understood, yevandr (Guest), 28-Dec-07 10:44 AM, #10
     Reply RE: I gues san is like the enemy nobody understood, Trestar (Guest), 28-Dec-07 01:59 PM, #11
          Reply RE: I gues san is like the enemy nobody understood, Chirikaw (Guest), 28-Dec-07 06:37 PM, #13
Reply Thought you were a bit of a wimp, Abernytee (Guest), 28-Dec-07 06:12 PM, #12
Reply RE: Thought you were a bit of a wimp, Trestar (Guest), 30-Dec-07 01:26 PM, #17
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Sananto Gol the Legend of the Ba..., Vimal2 (Guest), 28-Dec-07 07:20 PM, #14
Reply Sananto Gol, Idril (Guest), 29-Dec-07 06:56 AM, #15
Reply Cool Character, Kastellyn, 30-Dec-07 10:29 PM #19
Reply Skinny Git!, Ysaloerye, 31-Dec-07 12:07 PM, #20
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Sananto Gol the Legend of the Ba..., Cezar (Guest), 27-Dec-07 05:26 PM, #2
Reply sorry to see you go, yevandr (Guest), 27-Dec-07 10:46 AM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #64639 Previous topic | Next topic