Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Sananto Gol the Legend of the Battlefield, MageSlayer
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=64639
64639, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Sananto Gol the Legend of the Battlefield, MageSlayer
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Dec 27 02:21:49 2007

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Sananto perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:255
64708, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Sananto Gol the Legend of the Battlefield, MageSlayer
Posted by RobDarken on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Only thing I remember about you was trying so damned hard to grapple the skull sword away as Aubror, only to find out I couldn't use it. DikuWiki didn't mention you need to be a villager. ;)

64725, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Sananto Gol the Legend of the Battlefield, MageSlayer
Posted by Trestar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember those fights! That was a lot of fun. When you did grapple that sword away you almost were able to kill me as well, but I was able to slink off. Doesn't the world need more orcs?
64665, You were tough!
Posted by LLorenz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Considering who played him I guess i really am not surprised. I enjoyed our fights, you made defenders look beastly il give you that. Dagger specs and transmuters are a bad mix. The one fight between us in elemental temple made me shiver, you ended up running away and dying to the disrupt organ but you had no idea how close that fight was. As soon as you fled a tick hit and with all that bleeding that you had stacked on me I fell to below 20 hps. The downside of being a transmuter an fighting dagger specs :P

Great char I really enjoyed our fights.
64666, He wasn't a dagger-spec LOL. NT
Posted by AA on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
64667, He wasnt?!?!
Posted by LLorenz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow I need to lay off the weed, and while I am at it I should stop huffing gas as well. what specs was sananto?
64668, From his own words :)
Posted by AA on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought a human sword / hand defender would be a decent sort. At lower levels when I could control a lot of the fight through lagging and deal enough relative damage to beat people down before they could regroup, I was effective.
64670, RE: You were tough!
Right - no daggers, but I remember a close fight with you in the Elemental Temple that caused me to die from internal bleeding of some sort from a disruption as I ran off. For a while I did have a sword that did a little biting and occasionally I did a cross that caused bleeding, but I don't remember if these happened in our fight. Might have been Harol that stacked your bleeding to high hell - he had a tendency to do that between his specs and legacy. That always spelled doom for me also!
64664, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Sananto Gol the Legend of the Ba...
All I can say is that I had a lot of fun with Sananto, but in the end it got too frustrating for me to be spending the sheer amount of time I had been on him so I figured it would just be better to end him. Had a bad roll going with Sananto getting some bad breaks and making some bad decisions and I figured I’d just have more of it coming! I’ve needed another retirement from CF, so this should get me there!

This was the first real melee class I’ve ever played as a primary character, and the only BattleRager I’ve ever rolled up and the first warrior I’ve played to hero. I’m a chronic mage player over the last 10+ years and needed a change.

First thing: I play a horrible warrior. I don’t have the right strategies, mindset or reactions for it. I spent some extra time in the mid ranks trying to learn the class a little and had some success. By the time I got to the 40+ realm I was completely lost!

Second thing: I need to learn more about warrior builds. I thought a human sword / hand defender would be a decent sort. At lower levels when I could control a lot of the fight through lagging and deal enough relative damage to beat people down before they could regroup, I was effective. At higher levels when lagging becomes very difficult and protections and higher damage skills / spells made fights drag out, I suffered. The lack of the ability to sufficiently lag and maledict with my specs, along with my average human attributes, made it very tough to finish fights and it just was a matter of time until my opponents could either find a way to beat me, gang me or loop in for a scavenger kill. When fighting other melee classes, I was fodder for most “quick” classes and dagger specs in particular. Against mages I could generally always win the first round but couldn’t hang on to them to keep them from retreating and coming back at me. Bards in general sucked – I don’t know that there is a single skill / spell / commune / song that can make a difference like nocturne does.

I thought that with Striking / Fires I could last through some tough fights and be able to keep improving so that I could stick with the enemies that would just loop back, but I was disappointed. Fires was great for melee fighting and saved my ass more than once. Striking was a hideous disappointment for me, and I can’t say that I noticed it helping at all with this character. I remember fighting Aldonius for what must have been a week in-game and it only fired once or twice. There were other occasions where it did fire more than that but I never noticed any significant difference. Then again, I’m not that observant!

Goodbyes:

Imms:

Kasty, Ysal, Yean: I thought you guys did a nice job in heading up this cabal. You’re active and a good group. I didn’t interact with any of your much personally, but I appreciated the little bit I did get. Sorry for disappointing as I got into the upper ranks. Thanks for the Mage Slayer title, though I will tell you that the moment I received the title it was the curse of death for my PK’ing. Until I got into the mid 40 ranks, nearly any mage that saw me come into the area with that title would immediately teleport or word (some exceptions, of course). Prior to the title a good number would try to fight.

Baerinika: I only tried praying to you twice. I wanted to do more with this character before seeking you out but was never really able to get where I wanted.

Battle:

Gohlyrr: From fighting against you with Tumarellen, I knew you were tough. Thought you were a good leader and I appreciate you pushing me to hero.

Yevandr: Another good character, well skilled and gutsy. Your pummeling was fearsome. Liked having you around.

Harol: You were bad ass, ballsy and fun to be around. I thought you always gave the Village confidence. When we sparred, I knew I would go fast. Your dex plus maledicts essentially made it impossible for me.

Cezar: Another strong character that came up and hero’d with Sananto. Keep up the good fighting.

Behrious: You set Sananto on the right track early in his life. Much appreciated.

Others: There were a ton of you, and I really enjoyed everyone who was in the cabal. It’s a tough role to play, but I think you guys do it well!

Nexus:

Aldonius: You were one of my favorite characters. You had tons of class and were a great adversary. We had a number of good fights (I only count the one-on-ones…raids suck.) and I think you were the only one to get a kill out of them when you finally caught me sleeping in the settlement with a impaling after that epic fight that lasted FOREVER in the Elemental Tower. It’s ironic that I only figured out one of your legacies recently after I had been basing an entire strategy on something that it covered off for you (I’m such a warrior noob!). Some fights went your way, some mine. Always enjoyed them.

Kiraan: Also liked you with the Nexus. You were a fun character to fight against and a challenge as well. Druids aren’t someone you fight every day.

Iltch: Annoying bastard, but I guess that’s what thieves are. Hated how you would never try to fight unless you had help, and I hated that somehow you escaped that time in Tar Valon (I honestly think God was looking after you that day, and that’s where Sananto’s string of bad breaks began…). Good little thief.

Krakac, Boggligz, Yrillbink, Jenjo, Krengar, etc…: Never had much success against Nexans, I guess, and you all had some degree of success against me. Having spent 500+ hours in Nexus as Tumarellen, I like the cabal and it’s good to see some momentum still there.

Scion:

Llorenz: Good enemy, we had some decent fights. You play a mean trannie and if you landed the right spell it was really tough to hold you off, especially when you had the Scepter.

Ravon: I’m not sure that you can be beaten outside of a brain dead error coupled with a lot of luck and a gang. My first experience with you was having you bust into the Village with Harol and I at the Shrine. Next thing I know, my ISP dies for the next 6 hours and when I can get back online I’m naked at my pit. Beyond that, I tried to pretty much avoid you!

Others: Scions and Imperials were the worst scavenger killers I had to deal with. Frustrating!!!

Empire:

Arkuss: Thought you were really cool. We had an odd friendship where you never knew if we were going to be fighting along side each other or against each other because it could literally change from hour to hour. Definitely one of the more interesting and dynamic characters Sananto met and interacted with.

Outlander:

Ambra: Hell, I don’t know that you were an Outlander, but I think you were. You were like a distant ally, never there directly but always in the background. Not sure how much you were tearing up to get distended to the degree you were in your 20’s.

Maran:

Gwevfeldr: The life of a BattleRager can be very trying. There are the shameless gangs, the taunts, the rotten matchups and the constraints of the cabal that you can’t do much about except endure. Because of this, lots of people can piss you off OOC by the stuff they pull in-game, but you just learn to let it slide. I was able to do this for everyone except for you. I won’t discuss what you did because it’s not fair to your character, but the act reaked of immature OOC vengeance and I can not understand how a Maran elf, even a mean one, could have been justified doing that sort of thing. Because of that, I never really held much regard for you. Other than that, you seemed to be skilled player.

Pesawwt: Was good interacting with you, especially around religion.

Others: There were several of you I had good discussions with around religion that helped flesh out Sananto. Thanks!

There were lots of others that I interacted with and I can’t hope to get them all in this note! If you have anything to say, just drop a line and I’ll respond!

See you in the Fields in the future – hopefully next round that I come on has a little more to offer than Sananto, though I really liked this character and wouldn’t take him back for anything!

Trestar
64683, :) oh well...
Posted by Chirikaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No love for me I guess :) or was I grouped with Iltch and the
annoying thieves? I have a soft spot for villagers as a player
I KNOW what you guys have to face. So I cut more slack than I
ever should have for village folk especially since when the
tables get turned even if you guys were willing to let me
escape, the damage output is sick and I barely escape or die.

The day that made me like you was when you guessed correctly
where I moved after a failed blackjack and wingswept me.
I was so shocked I nearly didn't flee in time.
Roll another warrior man and get that class down.
(It'll end up making you more deadly as a mage when you
go back to those too!)
64684, I gues san is like the enemy nobody understood
Posted by yevandr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
humans don't wingsweep, and sword/hand specs don't cause bleeding. I bet the next bad guy to say goodie thinks he was a druid. haha
64686, RE: I gues san is like the enemy nobody understood
LOL - I'm going to be the first wingsweeping, maldicting human sword / hand striking / fires, I decided. Think I could learn the inherent "haste" and "spiderhands" skills also?

Chir - you were a sneaky bastard, too. We didn't tangle much, as I tried to purposefully steer clear of thieves and assassins unless I knew I could find them, and Sananto didn't really have anything against Imperials, either.
64692, RE: I gues san is like the enemy nobody understood
Posted by Chirikaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So what was it that brought me out of the shadows?
I expected to be hidden and be able to wait and get
at you again, and poof I'm in a fight.
Maybe I've had too many battles with similar but
not the same folks and they are all bleeding together?
*rofl*
Because of that one time I never stayed near after
a blackjack and kept moving around assuming you were
an arial (apparently I never look close at the who
list eh? *rofl*)
64691, Thought you were a bit of a wimp
Posted by Abernytee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ragers like sananto made my stomach churn. They wore the title of mage slayer etc and were happy when they were trouncing weak mages but whenever I attacked you and it was over 10 separate occasions you just fled and ran away from the mage you are supposed to hate. You cant even blame a/b/s because I rarely used it with Elemek and only ever had trouble from you when 4 of you villagers raided. A few of the other villagers had 'more balls' than sananto and it irked me to see you with a title such as mageslayer when it should probably have been newbiemageslayer.

Given it was your first rager goes some way to explaining it and you may think I come across as a #### but comments like the one below when having seen your uncourageous performance on Cf day in day out, brought it out of me.

"Others: Scions and Imperials were the worst scavenger killers I had to deal with. Frustrating!!!"

-----Abernyte/Elemek
64724, RE: Thought you were a bit of a wimp
I guess you're entitled to that opinion, and I won't dispute it. The only time I recall fighting you was in Arkham. I came looking for a mage who the Outlanders had reported was helping the Imperials raid, then all of a sudden you were there. I had to stun you after a bit and while you were out, got tangled up with some Imperials. Looking at my PBF, I saw that I was also involved in a kill of you at the Chasm with a group of'ragers. I only was attacked by air shifters a couple times, and I know that most of them were after you deleted. I think you were the dire wolf / lion / some sort of bird, correct? Having fought a lot of people, I just don't recall interacting with Elemek that much but I may not have even realized it since sometimes it's difficult for to figure out which shifter is which in the heat of the battle.

Part of Sananto's strategy as a sword / hand fires /striking human warrior defender was to draw out battles through long melee's, stunning and lots of field dressing. I think that if you ask any melee class and most shifters that ever fought Sananto they will say that I did a lot of stunning and fleeing at hero ranks. At the same point in time, if I got whooped by someone and didn't have a chance to heal up and regroup before they came back at me, I would flee off until I could get back in shape.

Maybe you misunderstood me (Sananto NEVER turned down one-on-one challenges to any character, and NEVER turned down a mage's challenge no matter how many there were) or maybe I just didn't live up to expectations. Who knows...
64693, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Sananto Gol the Legend of the Ba...
Posted by Vimal2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We didn't fight much, but I've never had such great luck parrying/dodging deathblow against a villager like I did with you. I'd see it trigger, but it only landed a couple times!
64699, Sananto Gol
Posted by Idril on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really only took that fight with you to convince you to stay. I lost, which means you could have gone any path you wished, but I had the feeling you would have deleted even if I had won. Which makes me want to pummel you again as much as I could before dropping.

All in all I enjoyed our interactions and now knowing who you are I completely understand why. Thank you for the fun.

See you in the Fields.

Idril
64735, Cool Character
Posted by Kastellyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was the first real melee class I’ve ever played as a primary character, and the only BattleRager I’ve ever rolled up and the first warrior I’ve played to hero. I’m a chronic mage player over the last 10+ years and needed a change.

This impresses me. It's tough to do what you did with your first melee class. Shows how good it is to play the other side - you play a lot of mages, you know what can kill them.

I thought that with Striking / Fires I could last through some tough fights and be able to keep improving so that I could stick with the enemies that would just loop back, but I was disappointed.

I think striking did more for you than you might think. It certainly wasn't an "I WIN" button for Sananto, but it definitely came into play a few times when I was watching you.

I remember fighting Aldonius for what must have been a week in-game and it only fired once or twice.

If that was in Elemental Temple, I watched pretty much the whole thing. I think you both did pretty well, but this was one of the fights where I remember thinking that striking had a lot to do with you finally pulling off a victory.

Kasty, Ysal, Yean: I thought you guys did a nice job in heading up this cabal. You’re active and a good group. I didn’t interact with any of your much personally, but I appreciated the little bit I did get. Sorry for disappointing as I got into the upper ranks. Thanks for the Mage Slayer title, though I will tell you that the moment I received the title it was the curse of death for my PK’ing. Until I got into the mid 40 ranks, nearly any mage that saw me come into the area with that title would immediately teleport or word (some exceptions, of course). Prior to the title a good number would try to fight.

Thanks! You didn't disappoint any of us, as far as I know - certainly not at the upper ranks. I thought you were still very solid, though I did notice the mage PKs start to taper off. Which is cool.

MageSlayer is a blessing and a curse, and I think it works exactly how I envisioned. It's a small reward for a character who is doing what Villagers should be doing: slaying mages, but it doesn't really come with any benefits (except maybe a Cabal edge or something, if I'm feeling generous). It's also a target on your back, as well as a warning to other mages that you can beat them (which I think addresses Abernyte's concern). You earned it, and though I'm sorry it made things tougher for you...that was the intent! :P

All in all, I really liked Sananto, though I thought your Arial dagger-spec RP was terrible!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***
64737, Skinny Git!
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I like Sananto, a gutsy char and a good villager.
I think that you definitely got to see the world of difference between mid range warrior tactics and hero level, there is a vast difference.

Pesawwkt enjoyed her talks with you and that you were a little island of common sense amidst the more rabid kill em all villagers. I liked how we were able to come to an honorable understanding about striking evil/mages during times when their cabals were defending.

Roll another I say!
64662, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Sananto Gol the Legend of the Battlefield, MageSlayer
Posted by Cezar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was bummed that you deleted too. I had a lot of fun running around with you getting into big battles. Everything I saw was excellent from you end. Nice work!
64649, sorry to see you go
Posted by yevandr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
At first I will be honest I didn't like you. I had seen you at level 30 for a long ass time, really long, and personally I detest people who rank sit for the sole purpose of abusing a game imbalance.

That being said after a while you really grew on me and I found you to be one of my favorite allies. I was always curious as to your legacies, someone said one was striking and did that work out for you with a human? Anyways good luck with your next and fistshake for removing one of my options of new drillmaster!