Subject: "RE: (last drop delete) Takrin the Battle-Scarred" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #50755
Show all folders

_Magus_ (Guest)Sun 10-Sep-06 03:19 PM

#50760, "RE: (last drop delete) Takrin the Battle-Scarred"

Generally, I consider myself one of the non-assholish players, just because I'm suave like that. I see threads all the time about people getting completely and utterly pissed off/disgusted/sad/mad/etc. etc., and I sit there and think to myself, what the hell could have been so bad to make this person so emotional? We (the majority the CF community) often invest a lot of time, patience, personality, soul and whatnot to make our characters strong and elaborate, so that we may try and reap benefits of all sorts, to include but not limited to: Immortal interaction, player to player interaction, PVP, more game knowledge, quests, etc. Carrion Fields is capable of a lot of diversity, and that is mostly because of the unique crowd in which this game draws. You have everyone on the spectrum. Assholes, roleplayers, pkillers, mixes of everything, nice people, newbies, etc. I find that most people get upset over the PK aspect of Carrion Fields. PK is why I personally play, and to throw in a decent mix of RP to reap some benefits (i.e. cabals, immteraction, meeting other players, etc.). I have no clue what happened to you, and what your whole situation is that has you so emotional. But I find the players who have more elaborate roles and focus on the roleplaying more, while still remaining PK oriented, are often less affected by PK. Meaning this: when they lose, they can fall back on their role, the people they've met, more interaction with immortals, and really focus on a part of CF that you can't find anywhere else: Roleplay. Period. And then they climb their way back up to where they were. Because let's face it, what comes around goes around. And that is something I have learned about CF. And it is definitely true.

So you should at least brief us about what happened. If you do not talk about it, then how are we supposed to help you (given that you want advice or help). It's painful to see people leave CF upset. That is definitely not a good thing.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(last drop delete) Takrin the Battle-Scarred [View all] , Takrin (Guest), Sun 10-Sep-06 01:08 PM
Reply Damnit man!, Alavir (Guest), 10-Sep-06 11:49 PM, #10
Reply It's amazing how a simple hi can prevent an ambush, Takrin (Guest), 11-Sep-06 05:15 AM, #17
Reply That was fast, Callie (Guest), 10-Sep-06 03:45 PM, #5
Reply RE: That was fast, Takrin (Guest), 11-Sep-06 01:58 AM, #16
Reply RE: (last drop delete) Takrin the Battle-Scarred, _Magus_ (Guest), 10-Sep-06 03:19 PM #3
Reply Without going into specifics, Takrin (Guest), 10-Sep-06 03:38 PM, #4
     Reply So basically it sounds like, eternal_elf, 10-Sep-06 03:45 PM, #6
     Reply Yes and no I guess, Takrin (Guest), 11-Sep-06 12:42 AM, #12
     Reply But..., nepenthe, 10-Sep-06 04:09 PM, #7
     Reply RE: But..., Bajula, 10-Sep-06 11:58 PM, #11
     Reply RE: Without going into specifics, _Magus_ (Guest), 10-Sep-06 04:19 PM, #8
Reply RE: (last drop delete) Takrin the Battle-Scarred, Isildur, 10-Sep-06 02:56 PM, #1
     Reply Really can't, the log would still be too obvious nt, Takrin (Guest), 10-Sep-06 03:05 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Really can't, the log would still be too obvious nt, Isildur, 10-Sep-06 10:45 PM, #9
               Reply Okay, I'll try be as vague as I can, Takrin (Guest), 11-Sep-06 12:59 AM, #13
                    Reply Curiousity: How much time have you spent playing Tribs..., nepenthe, 11-Sep-06 01:06 AM, #14
                    Reply RE: Curiousity: How much time have you spent playing T..., Takrin (Guest), 11-Sep-06 01:54 AM, #15
                         Reply RE: Curiousity: How much time have you spent playing T..., JMC, 11-Sep-06 10:48 AM, #18
                    Reply RE: Okay, I'll try be as vague as I can, Isildur, 11-Sep-06 11:12 AM, #19
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #50755 Previous topic | Next topic