Subject: "Hate seeing people unhappy, so I have some thoughts" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #26782
Show all folders

A Person (Guest)Mon 03-May-04 02:31 AM

#26818, "Hate seeing people unhappy, so I have some thoughts"

Receiving no response is certainly frustrating. However, you're not the only player who has dealt with a lack of response. Consider that there is merely a handful of IMMs and possibly hundreds of complaints, questions, IMM offers, and bomb threats per day. It is impossible for them to reply to everyone. At any rate, you did get a response when you CON-died. That's more IMMteraction than most people get.

I don't think your experience necessarily means they disliked your character. I'm sure they appreciate anyone who likes to contribute. 520 hours dating back to January is probably a lot less hours than what actual IMMs put in. IMMing entails a lot more than "putting your building talents to work." A lot of their responsibilities are far less glamourous than that. Maybe they did you a favor, because it is certainly no walk in the park. Look at how many IMMs have tapered off.

If you have had a consistent pattern of not getting empowered over the years, maybe your playing times could be the culprit. If you suspect that your roles may be the cause, I'm sure other helpful players would be happy to offer constructive advice.

You should play CF for your enjoyment, not to have some IMM stamp their approval on your character. Praise is always nice, but if your happiness depends on others you will almost always be disappointed.

If your character's goal is to write a boo, then by all means write the damned book. You have control over that. If your character's goal is to get tattoo'd by X, you're basically saying "My goal is to make X like me." Well guess what? You will now face a much higher risk of being disappointed. It is possible that X doesn't like you, or that X happens to be on vacation -- both of which will yield the same disappointing result.

No one is out to get you. My guess is that you're perfectly normal, and your characters are just fine. If your character is not fine, they'll let you know. Everyone faces frustration -- it's part and parcel to that elusive sense of accomplishment. If your life goal is to IMM and build areas on CF, you'll find a way to get there.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(CON LOSS) [None] Verios the Weaver of the Elements [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 02-May-04 06:32 PM
Reply Well, its done, PapaJoeCF, 02-May-04 08:05 PM, #1
     Reply More, PapaJoeCF, 02-May-04 08:46 PM, #2
     Reply Hate seeing people unhappy, so I have some thoughts, A Person (Guest), 03-May-04 02:31 AM #3
     Reply RE: Well, its done, Qirinor (Guest), 03-May-04 09:09 AM, #4
          Reply RE: Well, its done, PapaJoeCF, 03-May-04 05:42 PM, #5
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #26782 Previous topic | Next topic