Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [None] Verios the Weaver of the Elements
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=26782
26782, (CON LOSS) [None] Verios the Weaver of the Elements
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun May 2 18:29:26 2004

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Verios perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:518

26787, Well, its done
Posted by PapaJoeCF on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I apologize in advance for the formatting. Im no Ekirhal. Well, what can I say? 518 hours and I didnt accomplish any of the things I set out to do with this char other then Hero. After sabotaging Thelios and Andrios, I wanted a char remembered for SOMETHING other then screwing up. Hell, all I wanted was a last name and I would have been happy. Just a simple last name. And YES, I DID have it entered in. But, alas, as a Nuetral alignment Gnome, your cabal choices are pretty damn limited. Herald was basically my only choice for cabal. And having Balance as a sphere, not knowing at the time it had no Imm backing it up, pretty much sucks. Always did hate that 'have to choose a sphere by ten to advance' crap. You dont know what way you want to go with a char by ten, or what the current playerbase is like. Sure, I could have went to some other Imm begging to follow their religion, but the whole experience I had with Thelios and Bria....lets just say the ever so fond memories of spending countless hours at her shrine to no avail and ranking a pally to 35 unempowered came rushing back. So I figured I would just deal with it and do whatever I coule to get noticed. Ah, opportunity knocks. One would think that nearly a million copper donated to tar valon and a quarter mill more waiting to donate, more then double any single person or combined organization, would be enough for maybe a last name, or some pitiful title such as 'generous benefactor of tar valon' or some other candy ass #### like that. Simple enough? Sure, but it still would have made me more then happy. But, alas, nothing. I had a whole balance theme going with my role, but everytime I tried to initiate a phase of my plan, a major player in my current scheme, knowing or not, would either die or delete or just disappear from the face of the realms. Everyone I knew, ran around with, or away from, had either died or deleted. Sent a note to the Imms back in January or so saying I would like to put my building talents to work for CF. A month goes by and nothing. So began my phase of wandering the realms mindlessly, without aim or purpose, waiting to age die. Three months and nothing. So, more wandering around aimlessly, exploring, mob dying out of boredom, run around. Lather, rinse, repeat. Knowing my time was up in 60 hours or so, sent an email to the Imms saying hey, i still wanna build, wassup? Nothing. so, more running around, dying, etc etc. Ready to call it quits for the night and die to some cheap ass Imperial AP. So ends my misery. Pray asking if i just wasnt worthy enough for a simple 'thanks, but no thanks'. Get a response something to the effect of 'next time go cabal, get tatt'd to get noticed. Tough ####'. Strange. I thought the purpose of being able to send notes and emails was so that you didnt have to go the cookie cutter route of sleeping with Imms to get noticed. Knew I shouldnt have trusted that whole spiel about being original and different. Guess next time Ill just open my mouth and suck. Maybe im just wrong and completely out of line here, maybe not, but I strongly feel there is something wrong with absolutely having to do this, this, and this to get this. I would like to say that I will see you all in the fields next time around, but this whole experience has yet again soured my taste for this great game which I love. There is so much more that im leaving out, but I am just too worn out to go on. More to come I am sure. Verios has been around far too long to remember all the people significant in his life. I will reply as they come.
26788, More
You have died, but the Carrion Fields are not finished with you yet!
Your soul is returned to the realms in the form of a ghost.
You will return to your corporeal state in a short while.
Be careful, for even a ghost should fear some dangers!
Your vitality has faded. You gasp your last breaths.
You turn into a ghost for half an hour.

You can quit at anytime to speed the process along.

(1/401 1/1064 759/760) 24900tnl 5 AM indoor Vestibule
This large room is lined with shelves carrying all the objects necessary
for each god's rites. The items for the good gods are carefully kept
separate from those for the evil gods. The neutral gods' objects occupy the
space between the good and evil. The rites have been worked out so that
each god is satisfied with their timing. The altar lies to the west.

(White Aura) The acolyte is here assisting with the rituals.

(3/401 65/1064 760/760) 24900tnl 5 AM indoor eq
Huh?

(3/401 65/1064 760/760) 24900tnl 6 AM indoor
Gulthruck tells you 'Many make that claim, and yet I've never heard your name.'

(5/401 125/1064 760/760) 24900tnl 6 AM indoor
Gulthruck tells you 'And you are not a bloodoath.'

(5/401 125/1064 760/760) 24900tnl 6 AM indoor
Gulthruck tells you 'If you wish your things I'd get back to the Centurions before Mazra takes everything.'

(9/401 266/1064 760/760) 24900tnl 9 AM indoor noreply
You close your ears and clear the replies of others.

(10/401 318/1064 760/760) 24900tnl 9 AM indoor deaf
From now on, you won't hear tells.

(10/401 318/1064 760/760) 24900tnl 9 AM indoor l acolyte
The acolyte looks intent on watching the priest in his rituals. Tangled
blonde hair slips down into intense blue eyes as he plays his role in the
tasks at hand. His hands are unsteady as he works in the presence of his
elder, trying to ensure everything is done properly. He wears a simple
white robe and leggings, both fitting loosely on his slim build.
The acolyte is in perfect health.

the acolyte is using:
<worn about waist> a gray sash

(10/401 318/1064 760/760) 24900tnl 9 AM indoor think
You pause to think.

(11/401 393/1064 760/760) 24900tnl 10 AM indoor pray I assume this means I wasnt worthy enough for consideration?
You pray to the heavens for help!

(11/401 393/1064 760/760) 24900tnl 11 AM indoor

Autosaving.

(13/401 498/1064 760/760) 24900tnl 11 AM indoor who imm
< Human IMM> Shazirah the Mirage, Spirit-Song of the Desert
< Human AVA> Andrlos the Wolf of Joheem

Players found: 2

(13/401 498/1064 760/760) 24900tnl 11 AM indoor
An Immortal tells you 'Hrm, yeah. Next time you may wish to make a greater effort to get noticed. It helps us get an idea on what the character is about. It's harder to do this if you're a godless, uncaballed freelancer type.'

(15/401 549/1064 760/760) 24900tnl 12 PM indoor
An Immortal tells you 'I'm not saying you need either of these, but it helps if you try to do something that makes us turn our heads.'

(15/401 549/1064 760/760) 24900tnl 12 PM indoor reply Well, everytime I tried to get some sort of an rp going and get something going with a role, whoever i tried would either disappear or delete
You tell an Immortal 'Well, everytime I tried to get some sort of an rp going and get something going with a role, whoever i tried would either disappear or delete'

(16/401 616/1064 760/760) 24900tnl 1 PM indoor reply And its not like its exactly my fault that the cabal choices for a nuetral align gnome is herald and outlander, no offense, of course
You tell an Immortal 'And its not like its exactly my fault that the cabal choices for a nuetral align gnome is herald and outlander, no offense, of course'

(20/401 741/1064 760/760) 24900tnl 3 PM indoor reply Hence the writing of a note to try to let the eyes in the sky to like....glimpse my way
You tell an Immortal 'Hence the writing of a note to try to let the eyes in the sky to like....glimpse my way'

(20/401 741/1064 760/760) 24900tnl 3 PM indoor
An Immortal tells you 'None taken. It was advice, take it at that.'

(20/401 741/1064 760/760) 24900tnl 3 PM indoor
An Immortal tells you 'No need to defend yourself.'

(20/401 741/1064 760/760) 24900tnl 3 PM indoor reply Well, of course its not perfect, but i figured with a note I would get someone to at least give me a glance, then the email, but its too late I suppose. Dont think Ill be back
You tell an Immortal 'Well, of course its not perfect, but i figured with a note I would get someone to at least give me a glance, then the email, but its too late I suppose. Dont think Ill be back'

(21/401 777/1064 760/760) 24900tnl 5 PM indoor reply Great game an all, but in 520 hours, i find it hard to believe I didnt do SOMETHING worth at least a last name
You tell an Immortal 'Great game an all, but in 520 hours, i find it hard to believe I didnt do SOMETHING worth at least a last name'

(22/401 861/1064 760/760) 24900tnl 5 PM indoor reply Or at least a punishment title, SOMETHING
You tell an Immortal 'Or at least a punishment title, SOMETHING'

(23/401 913/1064 760/760) 24900tnl 6 PM indoor sc
Verios the Weaver of the Elements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level : 51 Sex : male Race : gnome
Ethos : Neutral Align : Neutral Class : invoker
Practices: 1 Trains : 0 Hometown : Galadon
Exp : 527700 To Level : 24900 Sphere : Balance
Hit Point: 23 /401 Mana : 913 /1064 Move : 760 /760
Str : 15(15) Int : 23(23) Wis : 25(25)
Dex : 18(18) Con : 3 (3 ) Chr : 14(14)
Carry # : 1/29 Weight : 29 lb 15 oz (Max 277 lbs)
Gold : 0 Silver : 0 Copper : 0
Wimpy : 200 hp Morale : Moderate Position : Standing
Hitroll : 1 Damroll : 1
AC pierce: 70 Barely protected AC bash : 70 Barely protected
AC slash : 70 Barely protected AC magic : 70 Barely protected
vs Spell : Not protected vs Paralysis: Not protected
vs Breath: Not protected vs Mental: Not protected
You are affected by:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(26/401 1041/1064 760/760) 24900tnl 8 PM outdoor quit
Awaiting the hour of reprisal, your time slips away...
Your form dissolves and you find yourself in Nothingness.
To use this name again, you must talk to an implementor.
26818, Hate seeing people unhappy, so I have some thoughts
Posted by A Person on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Receiving no response is certainly frustrating. However, you're not the only player who has dealt with a lack of response. Consider that there is merely a handful of IMMs and possibly hundreds of complaints, questions, IMM offers, and bomb threats per day. It is impossible for them to reply to everyone. At any rate, you did get a response when you CON-died. That's more IMMteraction than most people get.

I don't think your experience necessarily means they disliked your character. I'm sure they appreciate anyone who likes to contribute. 520 hours dating back to January is probably a lot less hours than what actual IMMs put in. IMMing entails a lot more than "putting your building talents to work." A lot of their responsibilities are far less glamourous than that. Maybe they did you a favor, because it is certainly no walk in the park. Look at how many IMMs have tapered off.

If you have had a consistent pattern of not getting empowered over the years, maybe your playing times could be the culprit. If you suspect that your roles may be the cause, I'm sure other helpful players would be happy to offer constructive advice.

You should play CF for your enjoyment, not to have some IMM stamp their approval on your character. Praise is always nice, but if your happiness depends on others you will almost always be disappointed.

If your character's goal is to write a boo, then by all means write the damned book. You have control over that. If your character's goal is to get tattoo'd by X, you're basically saying "My goal is to make X like me." Well guess what? You will now face a much higher risk of being disappointed. It is possible that X doesn't like you, or that X happens to be on vacation -- both of which will yield the same disappointing result.

No one is out to get you. My guess is that you're perfectly normal, and your characters are just fine. If your character is not fine, they'll let you know. Everyone faces frustration -- it's part and parcel to that elusive sense of accomplishment. If your life goal is to IMM and build areas on CF, you'll find a way to get there.
26831, RE: Well, its done
Posted by Qirinor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would have given you a last name. When you popped into the Inn and weren't busy CREMATING me, I enjoyed your company. Thought you did a fine job (though I'm probably not one to judge), and I really hope you decide to roll another without too much of a sour taste in your mouth.

C'mon, roll one up and get a damn title. It'll happen. :)
26863, RE: Well, its done
yeah man, there was nothing i loved more then throwing a single fireball or dropping a nova and watching you flee quicker then speedy gonzalez. After I quit going to the Inn, you were probably the one who I wanted to roast the most seeing as i had to wait so damn long just to spar with you once, but by the time those days came, you were long gone. oh well. good luck on the next. im sure youll do just fine. just try not to sit at 35 forever this time. ;-)