Subject: "Well, its done" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #26782
Show all folders

PapaJoeCFSun 02-May-04 08:05 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#26787, "Well, its done"

I apologize in advance for the formatting. Im no Ekirhal. Well, what can I say? 518 hours and I didnt accomplish any of the things I set out to do with this char other then Hero. After sabotaging Thelios and Andrios, I wanted a char remembered for SOMETHING other then screwing up. Hell, all I wanted was a last name and I would have been happy. Just a simple last name. And YES, I DID have it entered in. But, alas, as a Nuetral alignment Gnome, your cabal choices are pretty damn limited. Herald was basically my only choice for cabal. And having Balance as a sphere, not knowing at the time it had no Imm backing it up, pretty much sucks. Always did hate that 'have to choose a sphere by ten to advance' crap. You dont know what way you want to go with a char by ten, or what the current playerbase is like. Sure, I could have went to some other Imm begging to follow their religion, but the whole experience I had with Thelios and Bria....lets just say the ever so fond memories of spending countless hours at her shrine to no avail and ranking a pally to 35 unempowered came rushing back. So I figured I would just deal with it and do whatever I coule to get noticed. Ah, opportunity knocks. One would think that nearly a million copper donated to tar valon and a quarter mill more waiting to donate, more then double any single person or combined organization, would be enough for maybe a last name, or some pitiful title such as 'generous benefactor of tar valon' or some other candy ass #### like that. Simple enough? Sure, but it still would have made me more then happy. But, alas, nothing. I had a whole balance theme going with my role, but everytime I tried to initiate a phase of my plan, a major player in my current scheme, knowing or not, would either die or delete or just disappear from the face of the realms. Everyone I knew, ran around with, or away from, had either died or deleted. Sent a note to the Imms back in January or so saying I would like to put my building talents to work for CF. A month goes by and nothing. So began my phase of wandering the realms mindlessly, without aim or purpose, waiting to age die. Three months and nothing. So, more wandering around aimlessly, exploring, mob dying out of boredom, run around. Lather, rinse, repeat. Knowing my time was up in 60 hours or so, sent an email to the Imms saying hey, i still wanna build, wassup? Nothing. so, more running around, dying, etc etc. Ready to call it quits for the night and die to some cheap ass Imperial AP. So ends my misery. Pray asking if i just wasnt worthy enough for a simple 'thanks, but no thanks'. Get a response something to the effect of 'next time go cabal, get tatt'd to get noticed. Tough ####'. Strange. I thought the purpose of being able to send notes and emails was so that you didnt have to go the cookie cutter route of sleeping with Imms to get noticed. Knew I shouldnt have trusted that whole spiel about being original and different. Guess next time Ill just open my mouth and suck. Maybe im just wrong and completely out of line here, maybe not, but I strongly feel there is something wrong with absolutely having to do this, this, and this to get this. I would like to say that I will see you all in the fields next time around, but this whole experience has yet again soured my taste for this great game which I love. There is so much more that im leaving out, but I am just too worn out to go on. More to come I am sure. Verios has been around far too long to remember all the people significant in his life. I will reply as they come.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(CON LOSS) [None] Verios the Weaver of the Elements [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 02-May-04 06:32 PM
Reply Well, its done, PapaJoeCF, 02-May-04 08:05 PM #1
     Reply More, PapaJoeCF, 02-May-04 08:46 PM, #2
     Reply Hate seeing people unhappy, so I have some thoughts, A Person (Guest), 03-May-04 02:31 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Well, its done, Qirinor (Guest), 03-May-04 09:09 AM, #4
          Reply RE: Well, its done, PapaJoeCF, 03-May-04 05:42 PM, #5
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #26782 Previous topic | Next topic