Subject: "Scions, Empire, do this all the time." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #25847
Show all folders

Random (Guest)Wed 31-Mar-04 02:27 PM

#25901, "Scions, Empire, do this all the time."

I have seen Scions assist younger Scions in gaining hero levels by assisting out of group. They are gaining exactly what Betraal was gaining, people closer to his rank so he would stop getting massively ganged at hero levels. That was most likely his motivation, both selfish and for the village. Most likely just wanted to stop dying.

The Empire does this as well, especially healers, who not only assist other Divine sects, but also help other Empires outside their sect. I have seen the whole gambit of Empires helping Empires rank when they are not in the group, and I see none of them being turned neutral. To suddenly pick on a duergar warrior in Battle, which is, in respects, the most close knit cabal about there where most evils see mages as EVIL and the rest as just neutral parties. This roleplay battle actually encourages because all warriors get neutrality to evil. An evil just really go and start smacking down anyone he wants or he will get booted quickly. Does truesight offer detect good/evil, no. Do you know why? Because there is a damn good reason for it, because they ultimately don't care much about it.

I see no problem in him going out and helping a good aligned mage fighter get levels, just like the immortals have let Empire/Scion bitch ranking go on forever. You are enforcing a one dimensional evil roleplay, and punish when this is not followed, although the cabal he is in encourages what you saw as a "fatal flaw" in his roleplaying, and he would be punished by not following that "fatal flaw" because the Battle cabal requires it. He is screwed from both directions.

As for the role command, you cannot expect anyone on this mud to put in the role every detail and decision they make as a character. And I doubt you want every evil rager putting into their role right when they get inducted, "I'm helpful to all of the village no matter what because in the long run, those people will keep me from getting killed." Because that is what you are expecting evil ragers to do so they don't get burned by the one dimensional roleplay Enforcer.

The interaction between Good/Neutral/Evil in Battle has to be a brotherly/sisterly one for the cabal to work. Because if it was always evil ragers spitting and cursing and snarling at good ragers, and good ragers being all righteous and trying to keep evil ragers down, the cabal would have more infighting than outfighting, and ultimately fall apart. Fine, roleplay your race, also roleplay your alignment, but also roleplay your CABAL, which, in this situation, requires him to get along with good cabal members.

Did any immortal attempt to get out of him the reasons he was helping them? Not being ganged at hero level is a pretty strong reason to do it, and a selfish evil one. In addition, why was the EVIL one penalized for this when most likely the good aligned one should of. He is the one who is supposed to have a conscience here, and the one who should have issues with this, and should have had misgivings about doing it.

I have to utterly disagree with this punishment. You are enforcing your understanding of evil, and not taking into consideration the place this evil lives, the village. You then further punished him without attempting to get out of him the evil reason for his assistance, which would have taken a moment of your time, and is as basic as, "I want to stop being ganged, I need others to fight with, these guys can do that, I'm helping them". You flew off the handle and jacked him with the harshest punishment next to crippling. I find that distasteful and unfortunate.

If you are going to continue to enforce this, then make the village either good/neutral or neutral/evil only. Because if you don't and enforce this way of evil and good, there are going to be corpses piling up in the circle of rites and no mages are going to get killed.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [BATTLE] Betraal the Field Marshall [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 29-Mar-04 10:36 PM
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Betraal the Field Marshall, Rahno, 31-Mar-04 04:15 PM, #37
Reply No love for your mentor?, Laearrist, 30-Mar-04 11:13 AM, #7
Reply RE: No love for your mentor?, Betraal (Guest), 30-Mar-04 11:20 AM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Betraal the Field Marshall, Betraal (Guest), 30-Mar-04 09:51 AM, #3
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Betraal the Field Marshall, ordasen, 30-Mar-04 10:23 AM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Betraal the Field Marshall, Betraal (Guest), 30-Mar-04 11:30 AM, #9
Reply Quick point, Phaelim (Anonymous), 30-Mar-04 12:28 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Quick point, Betraal (Guest), 30-Mar-04 12:38 PM, #11
     Reply And the reason for that..., Betraal (Guest), 30-Mar-04 12:41 PM, #12
     Reply I'm not sure what he did wrong, Daurwyn (Guest), 30-Mar-04 02:48 PM, #13
          Reply re: Diet Coke, Valguarnera, 30-Mar-04 06:34 PM, #14
          Reply Was not getting anything from it?, Random (Guest), 31-Mar-04 02:36 PM, #29
          Reply RE: re: Diet Coke, Betraal (Guest), 31-Mar-04 03:09 PM, #35
          Reply RE: I'm not sure what he did wrong, Phaelim (Anonymous), 30-Mar-04 06:38 PM, #15
               Reply RE: I'm not sure what he did wrong, Evil Genius (Anonymous), 31-Mar-04 03:47 AM, #17
               Reply Ummm...no., Phaelim (Anonymous), 31-Mar-04 04:06 AM, #18
               Reply 2 cents, Hysh (Guest), 31-Mar-04 06:19 AM, #19
                    Reply Re:, Phaelim (Anonymous), 31-Mar-04 06:51 AM, #20
                         Reply RE: Re:, Evil Genius (Anonymous), 31-Mar-04 08:34 AM, #21
                         Reply RE: Re:, Betraal (Guest), 31-Mar-04 09:05 AM, #24
                              Reply How come no immortal comments in your premium bfield? :..., Stef (Guest), 31-Mar-04 01:56 PM, #26
                              Reply RE: How come no immortal comments in your premium bfiel..., Betraal (Guest), 31-Mar-04 02:53 PM, #31
                                   Reply RE: How come no immortal comments in your premium bfiel..., Stef (Guest), 31-Mar-04 03:04 PM, #34
                              Reply That's right, Betraal didnt continue to help kill, he j..., Angiressa (Guest), 31-Mar-04 02:33 PM, #28
                         Reply Scions, Empire, do this all the time., Random (Guest), 31-Mar-04 02:27 PM #27
               Reply Actually:, Valguarnera, 31-Mar-04 12:48 PM, #25
                    Reply My out..., Betraal (Guest), 31-Mar-04 02:59 PM, #32
               Reply RE: I'm not sure what he did wrong, Evil Genius (Anonymous), 31-Mar-04 08:38 AM, #22
                    Reply think you missed the "unlike in the real world" bit, Daurwyn (Guest), 31-Mar-04 09:02 AM, #23
                         Reply RE: think you missed the, Evil Genius (Anonymous), 31-Mar-04 03:59 PM, #36
Reply I'm confused., Evil Genius (Anonymous), 31-Mar-04 03:42 AM, #16
Reply Going to miss you man..., Angiressa (Guest), 31-Mar-04 02:39 PM, #30
Reply RE: Going to miss you man..., Betraal (Guest), 31-Mar-04 03:03 PM, #33
     Reply RE: Going to miss you man..., Angiressa (Guest), 31-Mar-04 05:19 PM, #38
          Reply RE: Going to miss you man..., Betraal (Guest), 02-Apr-04 11:56 AM, #43
Reply Out last battle, and a great {LOG}, Jaegrudai (Guest), 01-Apr-04 08:18 AM, #39
Reply You react quickly and avoid Betraal's attack...., Betraal (Guest), 01-Apr-04 09:18 AM, #41
Reply Some comments., Jaegrudai (Guest), 01-Apr-04 08:21 AM, #40
     Reply RE: Some comments., Betraal (Guest), 01-Apr-04 09:25 AM, #42
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Betraal the Field Marshall, Stef (Guest), 30-Mar-04 02:32 AM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Betraal the Field Marshall, Betraal (Guest), 30-Mar-04 09:54 AM, #4
Reply How did you become neutral?, Jinroh (Guest), 30-Mar-04 01:40 AM, #1
     Reply RE: How did you become neutral?, Betraal (Guest), 30-Mar-04 09:56 AM, #5
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #25847 Previous topic | Next topic