Subject: "Thanks for the ride" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #24850
Show all folders

Cal (Guest)Sat 21-Feb-04 11:41 PM

#24868, "Thanks for the ride"

Well, as in all things, sometimes life sneaks up on you and nips you in the bud.

I never meant to immortal with Calradian, heck, I didnt even mean to join the fortress...I was more talked into it by Vynmylak and Derexal, Cals best friends. But, it was all worth it.

To be an immortal means a great deal more than most could even imagine. It not only takes time on the game, but also away, writing, editing areas, thinking of new themes, ect.

It is due to things in my life right now that I step down as an immortal. I am not leaving the game, in fact, I do still play. I just lack the regular hours I once had. When people are counting on you for empowerment/induction/leadership it is unfair to log in so sporadically. Whether it is believed or not, this does bother most immortals, when we cannot connect with those we know are trying. So, to all that came for me, and I was not there, I am sorry.

So, Cal is gone. But to all who made his mortal life a joy, I thank you. And to all my fellow imms, I thank you as well. I have, and always will have, the utmost respect for all who attain the title of avatar and above. If I could give a view to all who log into the game as to just how much effort it takes to do the job of an imm properly, it would shame many people who complain about minor things. These folks take their own time to make a world we can all fade into and forget our real lives for a while. They do it for free. So the next time you are mad at an imm, or mad at the game, or frustrated over something that just didnt go right...just remember how much you paid to log in...type score and see how many hours of free fabulous entertainment you have gotten...and then look at that dusty pile of pcgames in the corner of your desk.

Well...I will see you all in the fields. I am there, still bumbling around as always.

Alex Smith
The immortal formerly known as Calradian

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Calradian De'Argeadai, Holy Father... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sat 21-Feb-04 03:08 PM
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Calradian De'Argeadai, Holy Fa..., Barion (Guest), 22-Feb-04 08:25 PM, #6
Reply Thanks for the ride, Cal (Guest), 21-Feb-04 11:41 PM #3
Reply Cally!, Thyka (Guest), 21-Feb-04 08:07 PM, #2
Reply RE: Cally!, Cal (Guest), 21-Feb-04 11:44 PM, #5
Reply You know, as a mortal, when you were inducted I didn't ..., Vladamir, 21-Feb-04 05:37 PM, #1
     Reply RE: You know, as a mortal, when you were inducted I did..., Cal (Guest), 21-Feb-04 11:43 PM, #4
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #24850 Previous topic | Next topic