Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Calradian De'Argeadai, Holy Father of the Kara Chal
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=24850
24850, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Calradian De'Argeadai, Holy Father of the Kara Chal
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Feb 21 14:06:59 2004

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Calradian perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:healer
Level:53
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:783

24890, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Calradian De'Argeadai, Holy Father of the Kara Chal
Posted by Barion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You probably won't remember me, but I'll just say thanks for empowering me and I'll hope to continue your legacy. See you in the fields, hopefully

24868, Thanks for the ride
Posted by Cal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, as in all things, sometimes life sneaks up on you and nips you in the bud.

I never meant to immortal with Calradian, heck, I didnt even mean to join the fortress...I was more talked into it by Vynmylak and Derexal, Cals best friends. But, it was all worth it.

To be an immortal means a great deal more than most could even imagine. It not only takes time on the game, but also away, writing, editing areas, thinking of new themes, ect.

It is due to things in my life right now that I step down as an immortal. I am not leaving the game, in fact, I do still play. I just lack the regular hours I once had. When people are counting on you for empowerment/induction/leadership it is unfair to log in so sporadically. Whether it is believed or not, this does bother most immortals, when we cannot connect with those we know are trying. So, to all that came for me, and I was not there, I am sorry.

So, Cal is gone. But to all who made his mortal life a joy, I thank you. And to all my fellow imms, I thank you as well. I have, and always will have, the utmost respect for all who attain the title of avatar and above. If I could give a view to all who log into the game as to just how much effort it takes to do the job of an imm properly, it would shame many people who complain about minor things. These folks take their own time to make a world we can all fade into and forget our real lives for a while. They do it for free. So the next time you are mad at an imm, or mad at the game, or frustrated over something that just didnt go right...just remember how much you paid to log in...type score and see how many hours of free fabulous entertainment you have gotten...and then look at that dusty pile of pcgames in the corner of your desk.

Well...I will see you all in the fields. I am there, still bumbling around as always.

Alex Smith
The immortal formerly known as Calradian
24856, Cally!
Posted by Thyka on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh. Damn it's been a while. I remember when I made friends with you by full looting you and then deciding on a whim to return every single piece to you, even refusing the offer of one item of my choice. I hope you aren't gone for good.
24870, RE: Cally!
Gone for good...heh...never...I gave up smoking...I aint giving up CF damnit.

AL
24854, You know, as a mortal, when you were inducted I didn't care for you a bit...
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But damn you grew on me. I don't remember who I was playing when you got inducted, but I remember being kind of pissy about it. I kept thinking to myself "He waited till he was a hero to join, what gives?", and it kept me from interacting with you much. It was truly my loss, because with Esmi, we had a lot of interaction and I was always and I mean ALWAYS pleased with the quality of the interaction, if not the outcome. You really grew from someone I viewed as a mediocre player, into a top notch imm.

I don't know why you deleted, but your leaving is truly CF's loss.
I hope everything is going well for you OOC, and take care.
24869, RE: You know, as a mortal, when you were inducted I didn't care for you a bit...
Heh...I waited to hero to join because Cal was a pacifist, never initiated a pk in his life as I recall. In fact, late in his life stopped seeking even gear. I didnt join the fortress for the powers, it was a rp decision with Derexal and Vynmylak who both were Cal's close friends...(in fact Vynmylak showed me where Selric's shrine was). Goes to show, sometimes there is more to a story than meets the eye.