Subject: "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, S..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #24727
Show all folders

Ecthael (Guest)Thu 19-Feb-04 11:01 PM

#24800, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, S..."

Ecthael Des'tai was my first warrior above 20th or so level. He was the least impressive character pk wise that I've ever played, and I'll explain why.

1) Dagger spec skills are highly unreliable even when near mastered. Nothing like missing that artery you need to make that giant axe spec drop his axe and eating an OBLIT through protection and stoneskin.
2) Iron vuln is arguably the worst vuln I've ever had to deal with.
3) Even with Dance on the Southern Wind, wielding swords with mastered defenses, I felt unimpressed with my tanking ability. I took lots of hits from all kinds of weapons, despite having most weapons near mastered.
4) I constantly had to worry about weight to maximize dodging ability, which quickly went out the door the minute someone mal'd my dex at all. Therefore relying on dodge was dicey at best.
5) I just don't know how to play warriors. I played Ecthael like I played my two paladins of recent note (Alynthorin and Phylanthorin).. balls to the wall and not giving much of a damn if I died.

Specs: Dagger/Sword
Legacies: Dance/Renewal
Tat: Burnished Steel Clarion (nice tat)

Thanks go out to:

IMMs:

Vynmylak:

You've empowered 2 of my recent chars and tatt'd this one. I think I've had a total of 4-5 worshippers of your religion and it still remains by far my favorite. My next is coming so watch out . Thanks so much for the tattoo, it totally made my week when I got that. My first ever on CF and I've been playing since I was 13 (1993!!!). Doesn't that date me a little

Obaznuk:

We had a great time with that singing back and forth. If you wouldn't mind I'd love to have it. broughton_kevin@hotmail.com. You'll see me back in the Fortres before too long, trust me. The next char is going to be a doozy. Oh.. thanks for inducting me too!

Shokai:

I assume you were the voice in the crackling flame. Thanks for the direction on Honor and what not. I'd hoped to do everyone proud by becoming a full blown Maran and being the sort of pick yourself up and keep going type of badass do or die killer like Tcatama, but the whole me not knowing at all how to play a warrior (let alone an elf warrior) pretty much brought me to the conclusion that that wasn't gonna happen.

Amaranthe:

Wish I had the log of our rp session. I swore you were going to smite me at one point or another, but I figured humbly sticking to my guns was the only choice I had, so I went with it. I totally mis judged your religion and now that I understand it a bit more I'm itching to play a follower. Now that Outlander is here, I think it might be time to fight the pox of civilization

Players:

Nhiala: Ahh my first love . You were pretty badass and you helped guide me here and there. I wish Vynmylak had been around a bit more so we could have continued with that plan of War.

Vorondel: My friend.. oh my friend. Now you've lived through two of my characters in the Fortress in not so many months. First Alynthorin let you down and now you've lost another friend.. We had good times and you were a good pal to Ecthael. I wish he'd not been such a disappointment, but our race just IS NOT meant to be warriors.

Dryzzel: Man you kicked my ass. You AND EVERYONE ELSE .

My last words are : Rot lasts too long . +8 con eq with max con and I still died to it.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, Sound... [View all] , Death_Angel, Wed 18-Feb-04 06:40 PM
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, S..., Ecthael (Guest), 19-Feb-04 11:01 PM #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, S..., Nhiala (Guest), 19-Feb-04 11:20 PM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, S..., Ecthael (Guest), 20-Feb-04 12:21 AM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, S..., shokai, 20-Feb-04 01:11 AM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, S..., Ecthael (Guest), 20-Feb-04 03:54 PM, #8
Reply *grumbles*, Vorondel (Guest), 20-Feb-04 04:02 PM, #9
Reply About elves.., Lorthieral (Guest), 20-Feb-04 04:20 PM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, S..., Velkurah, 20-Feb-04 06:26 PM, #11
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, S..., Ecthael (Guest), 20-Feb-04 07:09 PM, #12
Reply Nice job from what i saw of you., Lerrik (Guest), 19-Feb-04 07:13 PM, #3
Reply Damn, Obaznuk, 18-Feb-04 08:50 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, S..., Bobbobimb (Guest), 18-Feb-04 07:28 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #24727 Previous topic | Next topic