Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, Sound..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #24727
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 18-Feb-04 06:40 PM
Member since 25th Sep 2024
17182 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24727, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, Sounder of the Clarion"

Wed Feb 18 17:38:30 2004

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Ecthael perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:48
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:178

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, S..., Ecthael (Guest), 19-Feb-04 11:01 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, S..., Nhiala (Guest), 19-Feb-04 11:20 PM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, S..., Ecthael (Guest), 20-Feb-04 12:21 AM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, S..., shokai, 20-Feb-04 01:11 AM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, S..., Ecthael (Guest), 20-Feb-04 03:54 PM, #8
Reply *grumbles*, Vorondel (Guest), 20-Feb-04 04:02 PM, #9
Reply About elves.., Lorthieral (Guest), 20-Feb-04 04:20 PM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, S..., Velkurah, 20-Feb-04 06:26 PM, #11
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, S..., Ecthael (Guest), 20-Feb-04 07:09 PM, #12
Reply Nice job from what i saw of you., Lerrik (Guest), 19-Feb-04 07:13 PM, #3
Reply Damn, Obaznuk, 18-Feb-04 08:50 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, S..., Bobbobimb (Guest), 18-Feb-04 07:28 PM, #1

Ecthael (Guest)Thu 19-Feb-04 11:01 PM

#24800, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, S..."
In response to Reply #0

Ecthael Des'tai was my first warrior above 20th or so level. He was the least impressive character pk wise that I've ever played, and I'll explain why.

1) Dagger spec skills are highly unreliable even when near mastered. Nothing like missing that artery you need to make that giant axe spec drop his axe and eating an OBLIT through protection and stoneskin.
2) Iron vuln is arguably the worst vuln I've ever had to deal with.
3) Even with Dance on the Southern Wind, wielding swords with mastered defenses, I felt unimpressed with my tanking ability. I took lots of hits from all kinds of weapons, despite having most weapons near mastered.
4) I constantly had to worry about weight to maximize dodging ability, which quickly went out the door the minute someone mal'd my dex at all. Therefore relying on dodge was dicey at best.
5) I just don't know how to play warriors. I played Ecthael like I played my two paladins of recent note (Alynthorin and Phylanthorin).. balls to the wall and not giving much of a damn if I died.

Specs: Dagger/Sword
Legacies: Dance/Renewal
Tat: Burnished Steel Clarion (nice tat)

Thanks go out to:

IMMs:

Vynmylak:

You've empowered 2 of my recent chars and tatt'd this one. I think I've had a total of 4-5 worshippers of your religion and it still remains by far my favorite. My next is coming so watch out . Thanks so much for the tattoo, it totally made my week when I got that. My first ever on CF and I've been playing since I was 13 (1993!!!). Doesn't that date me a little

Obaznuk:

We had a great time with that singing back and forth. If you wouldn't mind I'd love to have it. broughton_kevin@hotmail.com. You'll see me back in the Fortres before too long, trust me. The next char is going to be a doozy. Oh.. thanks for inducting me too!

Shokai:

I assume you were the voice in the crackling flame. Thanks for the direction on Honor and what not. I'd hoped to do everyone proud by becoming a full blown Maran and being the sort of pick yourself up and keep going type of badass do or die killer like Tcatama, but the whole me not knowing at all how to play a warrior (let alone an elf warrior) pretty much brought me to the conclusion that that wasn't gonna happen.

Amaranthe:

Wish I had the log of our rp session. I swore you were going to smite me at one point or another, but I figured humbly sticking to my guns was the only choice I had, so I went with it. I totally mis judged your religion and now that I understand it a bit more I'm itching to play a follower. Now that Outlander is here, I think it might be time to fight the pox of civilization

Players:

Nhiala: Ahh my first love . You were pretty badass and you helped guide me here and there. I wish Vynmylak had been around a bit more so we could have continued with that plan of War.

Vorondel: My friend.. oh my friend. Now you've lived through two of my characters in the Fortress in not so many months. First Alynthorin let you down and now you've lost another friend.. We had good times and you were a good pal to Ecthael. I wish he'd not been such a disappointment, but our race just IS NOT meant to be warriors.

Dryzzel: Man you kicked my ass. You AND EVERYONE ELSE .

My last words are : Rot lasts too long . +8 con eq with max con and I still died to it.

Nhiala (Guest)Thu 19-Feb-04 11:20 PM

#24803, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, S..."
In response to Reply #4

>Nhiala: Ahh my first love . You were pretty badass and you
>helped guide me here and there. I wish Vynmylak had been
>around a bit more so we could have continued with that plan of
>War.

Uhh, yeah. I never knew what to make of Ecthael. Though it was sufficiently subtle, I was never sure how to handle your excessive flattery. I kept waiting for you to try to mudsex, at which point I would have had to cut your arm off or something.

The whole war plan thing was well thought out. I've been burned in the past, though, by players who formed grandiose world-changing plans without actual Imm-approval, so I had to have some sign-off before doing anything about it. Sorry it never happened.

Ecthael was well-played. I'm relatively sure I wouldn't have fared any better as an elf dagger/sword spec. You have my respect for sticking it out as long as you did.

Ecthael (Guest)Fri 20-Feb-04 12:21 AM

#24804, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, S..."
In response to Reply #5

Now I wasn't that flattering!!!! Mudsex?!! Not a chance honey .

You want to do me a favor, you take that plan of War and stick with it

shokaiFri 20-Feb-04 01:11 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24805, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, S..."
In response to Reply #4

but the whole me not knowing at all how to play a warrior (let alone an elf warrior) pretty much brought me to the conclusion that that wasn't gonna happen.

Bah! The only way to learn how to play any class is to actually play it. I think you did a pretty good job with Ecthael, hopefully you had fun too. I was glad for our, albeit highly brief, interaction...lately I've been feeling prety bad about how little I interact with morts, so when the oppurtunity presented itself I figured I'd roll with it. As I said, hope you had fun, good job, and can't wait until the next one.

Ecthael (Guest)Fri 20-Feb-04 03:54 PM

#24826, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, S..."
In response to Reply #7

I totally agree with you on learning how to playing a class by playing a class. I played Ecthael to the point where I thought I had the strategems down pretty well, I just didn't seem to be able to stand up against the 90% of iron axe wielders who I was constantly having to fight. Those who I fought who weren't wielding iron axes I usually did pretty well against, but overwhelmingly evil warriors and aps use iron axes. versus scion shifters (refulingan comes to mind) no amount of prepping seemed to do a damn thing to stop the wave of damage I took. My next will definitely be more hearty.

I think to play an elf warrior well you'd have to make no mistakes, and being that I'm new to the class I just made too many. Warriors are very dependant on doing exactly the right thing at exactly the right time. Paladins not so much, and that's what I've played for the most part.

It won't be too long before I'll be back in the Fortress, I hope.

Thanks for your encouragement. I'll try to provide some good rp interaction for you with the next!

Vorondel (Guest)Fri 20-Feb-04 04:02 PM

#24829, "*grumbles*"
In response to Reply #4

Bah, already?! Seriously though, when you're through with a char, well, you're through I quite understand, don't worry. I thoroughly enjoyed the character, and I was planning to involve you in much of my future Theran explorations.. Guess it will be with your next warrior, eh?

Farewell, elf kin, you will be missed.

Vor

Lorthieral (Guest)Fri 20-Feb-04 04:20 PM

#24831, "About elves.."
In response to Reply #4

they are rough at first and take some time to get use to. But I seem to like them above other races. Should take Fist to outgone strength, and then propped for dex gear(not too hard). Now you are covered on those bases. Dex and hp(usually fairly light gear) and you should be alright. Add in preperations and you should be able to survive and land some.

Lorth.

VelkurahFri 20-Feb-04 06:26 PM
Member since 29th Jan 2004
119 posts
#24836, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, S..."
In response to Reply #4

Seemed like you did a good job the few times I watched you as well. Elf warriors are a different breed to play, that's for sure. Good luck with your next.

Oh, and the mud didn't open till April 94.

Velk

Ecthael (Guest)Fri 20-Feb-04 07:09 PM

#24838, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, S..."
In response to Reply #11

Then I must have started playing really soon after then. It's hard to remember that far back . The guy who got me started played FallenAngel, Boltar (shadow leader from way back), Nellaflenga (fallenangel backwards much?), etc. I think my first real char of any note at all was Baolrimon, a dwarf master cleric. I got turned neutral for doing something dumb and pretty much deleted after that .

You SURE it wasn't till April '94? Man I swear I was 13 when I started playing CF in the first age. Bah... I'm only 24 and everything seems so fuzzy!!!

Lerrik (Guest)Thu 19-Feb-04 07:13 PM

#24793, "Nice job from what i saw of you."
In response to Reply #0

I was hoping to get to know you better. have fun with whatever you do next.

ObaznukWed 18-Feb-04 08:50 PM
Member since 27th Oct 2003
158 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#24737, "Damn"
In response to Reply #0

I really enjoyed talking to you about life, love, and the bladesong. That poem we made up was damn fun too, fun enough I copy/pasted it for safe keeping.

Bobbobimb (Guest)Wed 18-Feb-04 07:28 PM

#24732, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ecthael Des'tai the General, S..."
In response to Reply #0

Jeez, I just saw you an hour ago! Well, a good char,
from what I saw. Much more devoted than Bobb was.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #24727 Previous topic | Next topic