Subject: "Fun ride." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #23328
Show all folders

BolderethSun 04-Jan-04 03:41 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
197 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23332, "Fun ride."

Well, that was a blast. Shame it ended now, I sorta hoped it'd last a bit longer. I loved this char and even had a secret hope of getting my con reset to full and becoming Captain but it was a long run. My longest character to date time wise.

Pk stats : 68 kills, 55 deaths or so.

Rot probably killed me like 10 times or so, hehe. I never really cared about ratio with this character, I simply tried to kill people and never back down. I never bothered to carry preps, or go out of my way to gear. Especially at the end, I'd run to Kuo-toa and Whitecloak and that was it.

Imms :

Vynmylak : You were great. I was hoping to get your tattoo but it wasn't meant to be, a shame, keep being awesome .

Rogardian : Thanks for the boost of con, it helped me put on probably another 100 hours onto the character. I died a lot coming up, less at hero but I didn't want my paladin to be considered a guild sitter or a coward. You're a good guy, I hope you stay around for a long time.

Beroxxus : Shame we never got to interact more, the time you came down was a great moment in B's life. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to 'harass' me . Keep up the good work.

Arvam : Your gift to me of empowerment was great and I, both as the character and player, won't forget it. You went out of your way to make my playing experience better and for that I thank you.

Zulghinlour : You're a class act as usual, I'm glad we had the talk we had. Its a shame it wasn't meant to be, but I understand the reasons why and appreciate you taking the time out of your day to chat with me.

An Immortal in the Azure Fields : Not sure who you were, not going to go making assumptions or the like, I appreciated the chance you gave me. Thanks.

Immortal who gave me a con at the end to stick it out til I could speak with Vynny, thanks a ton.

I didn't really accomplish what I wanted to accomplish. I started out wanting to be the old school honor char. Always solo, etc. Without the ranking xp bonus and with the disappearance of Jahaar it wasn't really worthwhile to me. It would've been lonely, most likely, and more pain than it was worth. Being empowered by Arvam initially I then started working on the ideal of honor and developing my own sense of it. Instead I took the ideal to be that honor is having the courage to always take the challenging path and never settle for the easy. Its to give a fair fight. In that light I tried not to go after people after I'd slain them, I fought solo as often as possible and tongue-lashed people for aiding me, etc. I made mistakes, misjudgements, thinking a fight would be a four vs three only to have three foes leave one guy to die. Things of that nature.

Above all else however, including above honor to me, was respecting the paladin's code. I refused to word myself while others were fighting. I'd ask them to leave, sometimes word them if I hadn't overspammed my attacks, but I wasn't going to simply word and leave a friend to die. In a lot of the situations where someone would walk in and help me, the reason I didn't word them was they weren't in my group (and not trusting), or I'd already put in the commands. Of course, thats my side of things, which isn't evident to people on the other side of things, who'd often whine and send me nasty tells regarding it. These are the same people, mind you, who come after me in often-times five to one settings without batting an eyelash, but whatever.

Mortals, uh geez. There's about 900 of you I'd like to individually compliment and pay respects to, but its just easier to make replies I think. Drop me a line and I'll get back to you, I'd rather not make a jerk out of myself forgetting people.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Beltantis Torence the Steadfast B... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 04-Jan-04 03:20 AM
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Beltantis Torence the Steadfa..., Straka (Guest), 04-Jan-04 04:35 PM, #25
Reply Fun ride., Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 03:41 AM #1
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Zulghinlour, 04-Jan-04 03:48 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Sgralnaoc (Guest), 04-Jan-04 10:26 AM, #15
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 11:28 AM, #23
     Reply I'm pretty much going to echo Dryzzel, Kardok (Guest), 05-Jan-04 05:15 AM, #33
     Reply Bye, Etarekoth (Guest), 04-Jan-04 03:52 AM, #3
     Reply Yeah., Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 03:58 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Varik (Guest), 04-Jan-04 03:58 AM, #4
     Reply Grrr., Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 04:00 AM, #6
     Reply Damn!, Kackrik (Guest), 04-Jan-04 04:09 AM, #7
     Reply RE: Damn!, Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 11:17 AM, #16
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Dachratan (Guest), 04-Jan-04 05:08 AM, #8
     Reply Nice run, Lariya (Guest), 04-Jan-04 05:24 AM, #9
     Reply RE: Nice run, Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 11:20 AM, #17
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Fahnrore, 04-Jan-04 05:50 AM, #10
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 11:22 AM, #18
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Jirash (Guest), 04-Jan-04 07:22 AM, #11
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 11:23 AM, #19
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Zhenzar (Guest), 04-Jan-04 08:17 AM, #12
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 11:24 AM, #20
     Reply You will sure be missed., Monduphel (Guest), 04-Jan-04 09:17 AM, #13
     Reply RE: You will sure be missed., Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 11:25 AM, #21
     Reply Great Job, Dryzzel, 04-Jan-04 10:06 AM, #14
     Reply RE: Great Job, Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 11:27 AM, #22
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Grahk (Guest), 04-Jan-04 02:34 PM, #24
     Reply ####e..., Vorondel (Guest), 04-Jan-04 04:52 PM, #26
     Reply Heheheh., Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 07:07 PM, #28
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Skallgrim (Guest), 04-Jan-04 05:44 PM, #27
     Reply It was probably my con that did it., Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 07:08 PM, #29
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Kwalin (Guest), 04-Jan-04 11:24 PM, #30
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Riathiliano (Guest), 05-Jan-04 12:36 AM, #31
     Reply Great char, Beladorizid, 05-Jan-04 12:37 AM, #32
     Reply Late goodbye, Malkhar (Guest), 13-Jan-04 01:52 AM, #34
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Gulthruck (Guest), 16-Jan-04 04:51 PM, #35
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #23328 Previous topic | Next topic