Subject: "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Beltantis Torence the Steadfast B..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #23328
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 04-Jan-04 03:20 AM
Member since 04th Oct 2024
17211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23328, "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Beltantis Torence the Steadfast Beacon of Light, Bastion of Honor"

Sun Jan 4 02:19:23 2004

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Beltantis perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:378
PK Ratio:55% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Beltantis Torence the Steadfa..., Straka (Guest), 04-Jan-04 04:35 PM, #25
Reply Fun ride., Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 03:41 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Zulghinlour, 04-Jan-04 03:48 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Sgralnaoc (Guest), 04-Jan-04 10:26 AM, #15
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 11:28 AM, #23
     Reply I'm pretty much going to echo Dryzzel, Kardok (Guest), 05-Jan-04 05:15 AM, #33
     Reply Bye, Etarekoth (Guest), 04-Jan-04 03:52 AM, #3
     Reply Yeah., Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 03:58 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Varik (Guest), 04-Jan-04 03:58 AM, #4
     Reply Grrr., Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 04:00 AM, #6
     Reply Damn!, Kackrik (Guest), 04-Jan-04 04:09 AM, #7
     Reply RE: Damn!, Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 11:17 AM, #16
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Dachratan (Guest), 04-Jan-04 05:08 AM, #8
     Reply Nice run, Lariya (Guest), 04-Jan-04 05:24 AM, #9
     Reply RE: Nice run, Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 11:20 AM, #17
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Fahnrore, 04-Jan-04 05:50 AM, #10
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 11:22 AM, #18
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Jirash (Guest), 04-Jan-04 07:22 AM, #11
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 11:23 AM, #19
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Zhenzar (Guest), 04-Jan-04 08:17 AM, #12
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 11:24 AM, #20
     Reply You will sure be missed., Monduphel (Guest), 04-Jan-04 09:17 AM, #13
     Reply RE: You will sure be missed., Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 11:25 AM, #21
     Reply Great Job, Dryzzel, 04-Jan-04 10:06 AM, #14
     Reply RE: Great Job, Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 11:27 AM, #22
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Grahk (Guest), 04-Jan-04 02:34 PM, #24
     Reply ####e..., Vorondel (Guest), 04-Jan-04 04:52 PM, #26
     Reply Heheheh., Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 07:07 PM, #28
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Skallgrim (Guest), 04-Jan-04 05:44 PM, #27
     Reply It was probably my con that did it., Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 07:08 PM, #29
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Kwalin (Guest), 04-Jan-04 11:24 PM, #30
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Riathiliano (Guest), 05-Jan-04 12:36 AM, #31
     Reply Great char, Beladorizid, 05-Jan-04 12:37 AM, #32
     Reply Late goodbye, Malkhar (Guest), 13-Jan-04 01:52 AM, #34
     Reply RE: Fun ride., Gulthruck (Guest), 16-Jan-04 04:51 PM, #35

Straka (Guest)Sun 04-Jan-04 04:35 PM

#23367, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Beltantis Torence the Steadfa..."
In response to Reply #0

I was hoping that I could fight with you.....the fortress lost a good player. good luck with the next.

BolderethSun 04-Jan-04 03:41 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
197 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23332, "Fun ride."
In response to Reply #0

Well, that was a blast. Shame it ended now, I sorta hoped it'd last a bit longer. I loved this char and even had a secret hope of getting my con reset to full and becoming Captain but it was a long run. My longest character to date time wise.

Pk stats : 68 kills, 55 deaths or so.

Rot probably killed me like 10 times or so, hehe. I never really cared about ratio with this character, I simply tried to kill people and never back down. I never bothered to carry preps, or go out of my way to gear. Especially at the end, I'd run to Kuo-toa and Whitecloak and that was it.

Imms :

Vynmylak : You were great. I was hoping to get your tattoo but it wasn't meant to be, a shame, keep being awesome .

Rogardian : Thanks for the boost of con, it helped me put on probably another 100 hours onto the character. I died a lot coming up, less at hero but I didn't want my paladin to be considered a guild sitter or a coward. You're a good guy, I hope you stay around for a long time.

Beroxxus : Shame we never got to interact more, the time you came down was a great moment in B's life. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to 'harass' me . Keep up the good work.

Arvam : Your gift to me of empowerment was great and I, both as the character and player, won't forget it. You went out of your way to make my playing experience better and for that I thank you.

Zulghinlour : You're a class act as usual, I'm glad we had the talk we had. Its a shame it wasn't meant to be, but I understand the reasons why and appreciate you taking the time out of your day to chat with me.

An Immortal in the Azure Fields : Not sure who you were, not going to go making assumptions or the like, I appreciated the chance you gave me. Thanks.

Immortal who gave me a con at the end to stick it out til I could speak with Vynny, thanks a ton.

I didn't really accomplish what I wanted to accomplish. I started out wanting to be the old school honor char. Always solo, etc. Without the ranking xp bonus and with the disappearance of Jahaar it wasn't really worthwhile to me. It would've been lonely, most likely, and more pain than it was worth. Being empowered by Arvam initially I then started working on the ideal of honor and developing my own sense of it. Instead I took the ideal to be that honor is having the courage to always take the challenging path and never settle for the easy. Its to give a fair fight. In that light I tried not to go after people after I'd slain them, I fought solo as often as possible and tongue-lashed people for aiding me, etc. I made mistakes, misjudgements, thinking a fight would be a four vs three only to have three foes leave one guy to die. Things of that nature.

Above all else however, including above honor to me, was respecting the paladin's code. I refused to word myself while others were fighting. I'd ask them to leave, sometimes word them if I hadn't overspammed my attacks, but I wasn't going to simply word and leave a friend to die. In a lot of the situations where someone would walk in and help me, the reason I didn't word them was they weren't in my group (and not trusting), or I'd already put in the commands. Of course, thats my side of things, which isn't evident to people on the other side of things, who'd often whine and send me nasty tells regarding it. These are the same people, mind you, who come after me in often-times five to one settings without batting an eyelash, but whatever.

Mortals, uh geez. There's about 900 of you I'd like to individually compliment and pay respects to, but its just easier to make replies I think. Drop me a line and I'll get back to you, I'd rather not make a jerk out of myself forgetting people.

ZulghinlourSun 04-Jan-04 03:48 AM
9792 posts
#23333, "RE: Fun ride."
In response to Reply #1

>Zulghinlour : You're a class act as usual, I'm glad we had the
>talk we had. Its a shame it wasn't meant to be, but I
>understand the reasons why and appreciate you taking the time
>out of your day to chat with me.

Work on what we talked about, and I'm sure your next would make it.

>Immortal who gave me a con at the end to stick it out til I
>could speak with Vynny, thanks a ton.

You're welcome.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Sgralnaoc (Guest)Sun 04-Jan-04 10:26 AM

#23354, "RE: Fun ride."
In response to Reply #2

Great character. Now that I know who was playing you, I'm not suprised. I knew you were always ready to try something gutsy and you, as you said, cared about others before yourself and that is something that really should be more respected as a paladin. You'll be missed in the Fortress as well as mourned. Congrats, and good luck on the next.

BolderethSun 04-Jan-04 11:28 AM
197 posts
#23365, "RE: Fun ride."
In response to Reply #15

Thanks a lot man, if there was one thing I could change it would've been the hours. Its fun interacting with the bad guys but I'd love to have been on more when the good guys were abouts. You were a tough guy and glad to see you made Maran .

Kardok (Guest)Mon 05-Jan-04 05:15 AM

#23384, "I'm pretty much going to echo Dryzzel"
In response to Reply #2

I know I gave you a lot of ####, but most of that came from the character and not the player. Most of the reason I got mad about your title was because I've played next to some very good characters who follow honor, and your non-traditional view of it made me feel that you were not worthy of that title (though worthy of a different positive one) You certainly kicked my ass up and down. I honestly find it hard to believe you con died as you always kicked my ass without even breaking a sweat. Paladins are definitely my worst class to go against, and you made me feel like a sissy sometimes when you would basically call me a weakling. It was true when I fought you, but only when I fought you (except for the time Floriyase icessharded me for 617hp through protection, I felt like a girl then too). I kind of had a feeling I saw the worst side of you as Beltantis though, because I never really caught anything of the Honor in actual fights, I kind of sensed that I really was the brunt of the few mistakes you made, but it gave the character an angle to work with since he could not even come close to hanging with you one on one. Anyway, good luck with your next and know that I didn't hate you nearly as much as Kardok did.

Etarekoth (Guest)Sun 04-Jan-04 03:52 AM

#23335, "Bye"
In response to Reply #1

Well, I guess I am both sad and glad to see your departure. Sad because I never landed on you, and glad because from my view of things, some of your virtues were ####. I have to give you props for sticking it out to con death, I would see you almost alone in some pretty sick ranges, so mad props for that. There was only one occassion that diminished my opinion of you as a player, and that was what occured after your death to Ilivarra and myself at the fort. But I guess the frustration gets to us all at times. I don't remember my exact hp that time in Barovia, but I remember it being in the double-figures before I managed to hide again.

Later man,
Etarekoth.

BolderethSun 04-Jan-04 03:58 AM
197 posts
#23337, "Yeah."
In response to Reply #3

You were so annoying. I liked to keep you guessing on whether or not I could actually see you by using revelation frequently and letting you know I knew you were in the room. I knew you'd be stalking me, so I tried to not let you land that satisfaction assassinate as often as possible. Not sure what virtues I had that'd really apply to you besides revelation and templars vigilance. They don't prevent anything you do, just give me a heads up of when I should use holy word I guess. Anyway, well done, keep chuggin on.

Varik (Guest)Sun 04-Jan-04 03:58 AM

#23336, "RE: Fun ride."
In response to Reply #1

One of more Paladin-like paladins I enjoyed fighting. You were a damn tough opponent, and stuck to your beliefs most of the time. I'll miss fighting you, but from both an IC and OOC perspective I'm really, really glad you're not there to fight me anymore. You built an awesome character, and should be very proud of your accomplishments, though you may not have done what you first set out to. Good luck with your next.

-Varik

BolderethSun 04-Jan-04 04:00 AM
197 posts
#23338, "Grrr."
In response to Reply #4

You're a mean shaman boyo. You're going to be killing my friends while I'm gone and that ticks me off, heh. Seriously though, keep up the 'bad' work. Maybe I'll roll something devious next though...you'll pardon me Empire really isn't my style . Anyway, see you around the fields and keep up the good work. Thanks for the (probably undesserved) props.

Kackrik (Guest)Sun 04-Jan-04 04:09 AM

#23339, "Damn!"
In response to Reply #1

I didn't think I would lose you as an opponent so soon! At first, I thought you were just another paladin with a love for wrath/strike, and a love to place that wrath/strike directly up my duergar arse! . However, when I noticed times when it was just you or me on, and we'd fight, that you didn't act like an idiot - you had some substance behind your character. Then after that long (was it an hour?) talk between our characters about honor, Village etc, I was completely impressed with your role play. Your character had.. well.. character. I always give my respects to any who can role play well and you were definately up there for me.

PK wise, going against you was the equivalent of an arrow against a nuke. There was almost nothing I could do against you. I think you killed me like 4 times, where I don't think I killed you (solo, HEH). I really hate paladins, but thus is life. You played one well and I'm glad to know you as an enemy, and hopefully you think the same about me. See you on the fields next, make a rager!

Peace

BolderethSun 04-Jan-04 11:17 AM
197 posts
#23357, "RE: Damn!"
In response to Reply #7

Yeah, you were a cool cat. At first I never understood the undaunted thing but as time ticked on it really shone through. You are a mean rager and I was never quite sure what to expect when dealing with you. Well done and keep on truckin on.

Dachratan (Guest)Sun 04-Jan-04 05:08 AM

#23341, "RE: Fun ride."
In response to Reply #1

You rocked, I didn't. Nuff said

Lariya (Guest)Sun 04-Jan-04 05:24 AM

#23342, "Nice run"
In response to Reply #1

You were pretty balls out from what I saw. We never really got a chance to fight together, but most likely because we were both pretty much loners. There were a few raids we went on together, but thats about it. Cool RP though, I really liked those last few moments with Umarojin and Grahk. Good luck with the next.

BolderethSun 04-Jan-04 11:20 AM
197 posts
#23358, "RE: Nice run"
In response to Reply #9

Well for the most part, I'm on midnight til like 4AM-ish EST and from what I saw, you were on a lot during the evening hours EST (I'm a night owl ). You were a mean paladin, hold the Fortress together . Hopefully we'll get a Cap'n with opposite hours from you to amass some numbers a bit }>. Just don't go and age die, muahahaha.

FahnroreSun 04-Jan-04 05:50 AM
Member since 10th Apr 2003
94 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#23343, "RE: Fun ride."
In response to Reply #1

I've interacted with you as four characters. I fought you as Ralhynre, stood by you as Kahnryn and Balhren, and my current character has interacted with you as of recent. As Ralhynre, I feared you quite a bit. I fought you I think twice, and both times you whooped me. As Kahnryn and Balhren, I saw an immense force from the otherside and saw how willing you were to sacrifice yourself for the greater good. I was also going to roll up an honor paladin, infact I did at one point but wasn't very successful. Without that xp boost, things would take forever. Either way, very well done. Mind listing some of your past characters?

"Smokey my friend, you are entering a world of pain."

BolderethSun 04-Jan-04 11:22 AM
197 posts
#23359, "RE: Fun ride."
In response to Reply #10

Thanks a ton, yeah I remember Ralhynre especially and we had some great fights. I was Boldereth (Druid Sylvan Captain), Kerikorlian (Maran Paladin), Eskelian (Warrior Vindicator), Deveskrius (Human AP Scion, pre vamp), and more recently Gevanter (Sylvan Ranger) and Nakterius (Scion Necro). Thanks for the praise .

Jirash (Guest)Sun 04-Jan-04 07:22 AM

#23345, "RE: Fun ride."
In response to Reply #1

Feh. So this is where you went. I'll miss you for sure, Beltantis was a refreshing addition to the fort as a whole.
I don't think I ever heard one of your tounge-lashings directed at me except perhaps that time in Balator where we nailed all the defenders one by one as they trickled into the village.

I did sneak around behind you a few times without announcing myself until I had to renew mantle or something. Remember, "nofol player" is your friend when dealing with shady people

Anyway, well done and I hope you'll be back. Toots

Jirash

BolderethSun 04-Jan-04 11:23 AM
197 posts
#23361, "RE: Fun ride."
In response to Reply #11

You were a great guy, I don't think you ever really messed with my fights except that one time on East Dairien. Luckily, Sharidum was around to give you a headache for it , so I didn't have to. Well done man, keep being awesome.

Zhenzar (Guest)Sun 04-Jan-04 08:17 AM

#23346, "RE: Fun ride."
In response to Reply #1

You where one of the few that Zhenzar respected. You get a feather in your hat from me!

/Zhenzar

BolderethSun 04-Jan-04 11:24 AM
197 posts
#23362, "RE: Fun ride."
In response to Reply #12

Heh, thanks man. I talked you up enough on your goodbye note, so you know what I thought of you. Hopefully your next one is comin along good, I'll be sure to look out for a priest who uses !'s a lot! Har!

Monduphel (Guest)Sun 04-Jan-04 09:17 AM

#23350, "You will sure be missed."
In response to Reply #1

I never did properly thank you for the recomend you gave me. I think that recommend was a large reason why I got in.

And I enjoyed the times we were able to fight together.

Unfortunately, about that advice you gave me that one time in the Fire hall....

I'm afraid I haven't been following it, but not for lack of trying.

BolderethSun 04-Jan-04 11:25 AM
197 posts
#23363, "RE: You will sure be missed."
In response to Reply #13

Heheh, yeah sorry about that. No prob with the reco, you had a lot of heart and I was glad to have you around kickin butt and takin names.

DryzzelSun 04-Jan-04 10:06 AM
Member since 04th Nov 2003
68 posts
#23352, "Great Job"
In response to Reply #1

I gave you a lot of crap, and I know it. I loved mocking your "honor." I knew a good player was behind Beltantis, and I was right. I can't say much more than that right now, but it was a "Fun Ride" i'd say, and I just wish I could be around more right now. THings get back to normal on Monday though! Yah!. Anyway, great work, good luck with the next. The grove needs you back, heh.

Dryzzel

BolderethSun 04-Jan-04 11:27 AM
197 posts
#23364, "RE: Great Job"
In response to Reply #14

Heheh, yeah you got under my skin a lot, which is a good thing. As far as felar warriors go, you're pretty much the cream of the crop that I've seen in probably a couple years (well, there were a couple mean ragers but aside from that). Fighting you was always a challenge, even if it did tend to wind up churning into a "Please don't stun me" type of thing, heheh. Congrats on the wedding .

Grahk (Guest)Sun 04-Jan-04 02:34 PM

#23366, "RE: Fun ride."
In response to Reply #1

I only knew you for a very short period of time with Grahk, but you did a hell of a job. You and I interacted with my past characters and I have had nothing but good experiences! Well done!

Vorondel (Guest)Sun 04-Jan-04 04:52 PM

#23368, "####e..."
In response to Reply #1

Another potential captain gone.. Well done with Beltantis, the char was just very cool and very well played. As you know Vorondel is not much of a fighter, and when fighting alongside you I made quite a few tactical mistakes, some of which resulted in your death. I mention it because at some point I think I tried to speak with you after one of those instances and you kept silent, so I was under the impression you were frustrated a bit. But hey, sorry

Good luck with your next!

Vor

p.s. Please roll a 7-path acolyte invoker?

BolderethSun 04-Jan-04 07:07 PM
197 posts
#23371, "Heheheh."
In response to Reply #26

Nah I was never pissed at you. Maybe was requesting or being bombarded with tells, in fact I never really wanted the acolytes to come into pk fights with me mostly just because it was my roleplay that they shouldn't have to. Namely because it was my job to get sliced open and battered and they were more for morale and helping out the peoples. Yeah man, its a shame, if I could've been around for another 500 hours I'd have done so . As far as vokers nah...ew...I'm horrible with wand locations. That was the main factor that caused me to kill like 3x as many people with my necro at like 33 than at hero, the damage output by people who were hard to sleep just ripped me apart. If there was anything that caused me to ever be pissed after a loss it was a mistake I made which egged at my pride. Keep being awesome, I'm sure you'll be around helpin out the Fort for a good long while.

Skallgrim (Guest)Sun 04-Jan-04 05:44 PM

#23370, "RE: Fun ride."
In response to Reply #1

We were so often alone against 4-10 enemies...then we could just hang on for 30 minutes and the whole pk range had changed. Those annoying mass log ins and log outs. Thank you for logging on into such a hellish range.

I do not understand why you were not made captain after Jirash stepped down. It would have been a good choice and the leader con would have helped. Anyway it was a fine char. You were all about challenge and honor.

Good luck on your next.

BolderethSun 04-Jan-04 07:08 PM
197 posts
#23372, "It was probably my con that did it."
In response to Reply #27

I mean, I was a step away from death for a good long while, well before you con died. I took quite a few losses in the midranks, while ranking and after just entering the fort being at hero range early trying to defend against a dozen imperials and being one-rounded, heh.

Yeah, it was fun, think I'll roll up a few ganging evil pricks then head back to team good with something more discreet than a paladin . See ya around.

Kwalin (Guest)Sun 04-Jan-04 11:24 PM

#23379, "RE: Fun ride."
In response to Reply #1

We had a lot of good fights. You obviously learned a lot playing this char as you became increasingly more difficult to kill as time went on. Here's to a well played character... so far as I can tell at least.

All the best and happy new year.

Riathiliano (Guest)Mon 05-Jan-04 12:36 AM

#23382, "RE: Fun ride."
In response to Reply #1

I thought you were kind of arrogant from the beginning. With the telling me I'd make an ok soldier someday. But arrogant is a good role for a Paladin and I respected the way you'd go straight back out there after taking a ganging and a loot. Well done.

BeladorizidMon 05-Jan-04 12:37 AM
122 posts
#23383, "Great char"
In response to Reply #1

Playing against you as Yoshifesd was a blast. You were always good with gear returns and I tried to do the same to you. I found you very willing to die for your causes, and to run in even against nasty odds. All in all it was a character I always enjoyed seeing against me, because it was never boring, hope you felt the same.

Great job.

Malkhar (Guest)Tue 13-Jan-04 01:52 AM

#23614, "Late goodbye"
In response to Reply #1

But I've been away a couple of weeks. Respect to you. It was pretty difficult to take a ranger up against your temperance paladin, but thanks for breaking up my PKs on others (unexpected disruptions) and the interactions in between.

Gulthruck (Guest)Fri 16-Jan-04 04:51 PM

#23797, "RE: Fun ride."
In response to Reply #1

>Mortals, uh geez. There's about 900 of you I'd like to
>individually compliment and pay respects to, but its just
>easier to make replies I think. Drop me a line and I'll get
>back to you, I'd rather not make a jerk out of myself
>forgetting people.

Well, you were definitely a ballsy paladin (about what I expect from them). It always amused me when you'd send me tells out of the blue about me running from you when really all I was doing was walking from point A to point B and apparently you were in one of the areas. Paladins are a pain for me to fight which is why I rarely fought you alone, though I must admit the last time I killed you was a masterful plan on my part

Now, why don't you take off that white hat and put on a black one and come join our team. Good luck with the next, and see ya in the Fields.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #23328 Previous topic | Next topic