Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #20004
Show all folders

Urden_X (Guest)Sun 03-Aug-03 03:41 PM

#20016, "Well, that seemed longer than it was."

>Sat Aug 2 16:59:37 2003

>At 5 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Dark
>Shades
> on the Theran calendar Ilrahsek perished, never to return.
>
>

>cellpadding=2]
Race:half-drow
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:SCION,
>the Scions of Eternal
>Night
Hours:239
PK
>Ratio:
83% (closer to 100% is
>better)

>

I was trying to get into the Scion mix again with this character, as my last attempt (Cuthul)
just didn't cut it, in my opinion. With that said, I don't think I will ever play a shapeshifter
again, and I definitely won't be bothering with a Scion for a long time. Shapeshifters
are so...so....SO limited to me, and I guess that's just because I prefer tons of tactical
options in any situation, and I like being able to talk in the midst of a battle. The class
offers none of that. My forms were Ram and Armadillo, and I admit that if I wasn't being
severely lagged during a fight, I could always shift to the dillo and get away...but the
problem was that I simply COULD NOT kill some people, and I didn't really like that
limitation. Oh, also, the Ram really blows for exploring since a vast number of hero-
level creatures are immune to blunt attacks (even the ambassadors in the High Lord's
Keep, for some god damned reason). I guess I can understand dragons being immune
(but even that's a stretch), there are so many that just left me wondering how old their
coding was.

Anyway, on to the Scion thaaang...

Guys? What happened? I thought everything was going so well...
I did the little questy stuff that me and the Archmage talked about, and I did it well
enough that Tanadin gave me a tattoo, even though I was sphere Creation, and
originally intended to be a Khasotholas follower....I rolled with it though, because it
fit Ilrahsek so well to be a Rogue. Now, if you recall (archmage), you told me that
you wanted a full report on the "stuff" that I did, when I had some success...and then
I didn't hear a peep from you for a month. Beroxxus, my friend...we had all sorts of
schemes planned (or so I thought), and we were interacting well, and then nothing
for a month. I am just bugged by that...why did ALL immteraction just cease all of
a sudden? Was it something I did or didn't do? Are you guys just bored to #### with
the cabal? I even roleplayed the boredom and frustration by adding a piece to my
role specifically stating my concerns....but that also didn't seem to have any effect.
Maybe you guys were busy, I don't know, but I'd rather you weren't pissed at me
for deleting...'cause, looking at it from my point of view, here is what you would
see: I log in, I see that I have the usual lack of allies, I can't really explore, I can't
land a kill on the Goodie horde, or even a lone paladin no matter what I do, and
I've been waiting for about a month (real time) to get on with all the implied goodies
and questy stuff from Beroxxus and the Archmage. I mean...holy ####....that sucks!
And for a solid month of playing at all hours, I have no doubts that you guys knew
how I was feeling about it, so I just figured the character had run its course and
you guys were as bored with him as I was.

So anyway, that's why I'm done with Scion for now. I don't want to be the dumpee again.

Individuals

Tanadin: You were groovy man! Thanks for the tattoo...that really made my day/week.
I wish we could have done more stuff, but it seems that there is very little room for
good intrigue in CF. I guess it's just a limitation of the type of game it is. Btw, is it
normal for you to tattoo people who aren't of your sphere?

Ghuljun: Mixed feelings really. I respect you, for sure, probably more than anyone else
does, because I respect the challenge you face. I think you could improve your pk'ing
a bit, though I'm not saying you are bad or anything. I think you'll either heroImm or fade
away from a lack of support from the Scion Imms. I hope, however, that I am proven wrong.
Oh, and believe me, I really did want to stick it out...but I've never been so bored with
a character as I became with this one. I am sure someone will prove to be a better
Advisor anyways.

Meladori: Damned incorruptable elf! Too bad you couldn't alter my turban for me.

Azharadon: I got you!!

Boigeran: Damn you were a flake :p

Scarabaeus: That brief interaction with you seemed to be (in retrospect) a desperate
attempt to stir something up with the character. Too bad it didn't pan out, but I thank
you for being especially eeevil.

To all the rest: Lots of brief interactions but few long-term ones, so if you feel like
responding, go ahead and I'll reply.

Not sure if I'm going to play anything serious for a while, since my serious characters
seem to sputter out badly because they end up relying heavily on other people's actions
(namely the Imms). Not that that is a bad thing, but it's not fair to place a responsibility
on other people...especially when they're only half-interested.

Urden, signing out.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [SCION] Ilrahsek, Advisor to the Chasm's Chos... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 03-Aug-03 02:07 AM
Reply QUESTION for any Imm who read my role., Urden_X (Guest), 11-Aug-03 02:39 AM, #20
Reply I remember pieces..., Valguarnera, 11-Aug-03 08:37 PM, #21
     Reply RE: I remember pieces..., Beroxxus, 12-Aug-03 11:24 AM, #23
Reply keep missing you, Vel (Guest), 05-Aug-03 01:16 PM, #19
Reply Well, that seemed longer than it was., Urden_X (Guest), 03-Aug-03 03:41 PM #1
     Reply Its not easy to advise a nasty, cold lich. SO, how did ..., GinGa, 03-Aug-03 04:41 PM, #2
     Reply About being the Advisor...something everyone should kno..., Urden_X (Guest), 03-Aug-03 04:55 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Well, that seemed longer than it was., ScaredInvoker (Guest), 03-Aug-03 04:55 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Well, that seemed longer than it was., Urden_X (Guest), 03-Aug-03 05:11 PM, #5
          Reply RE: Well, that seemed longer than it was., The other one. (Guest), 03-Aug-03 06:21 PM, #10
          Reply RE: Well, that seemed longer than it was., Kraventhrake (Guest), 04-Aug-03 09:03 AM, #15
               Reply You must have been..., Urden_X (Guest), 04-Aug-03 12:47 PM, #16
     Reply Oh no, Denzibah (Guest), 03-Aug-03 05:13 PM, #6
     Reply Do you think I was frustrated?, Azharadon (Guest), 03-Aug-03 05:19 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Well, that seemed longer than it was., Tanadin (Anonymous), 03-Aug-03 05:23 PM, #8
     Reply Eluna, Astillian, 03-Aug-03 05:46 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Well, that seemed longer than it was., Meladori (Guest), 03-Aug-03 07:29 PM, #11
     Reply Well, Beroxxus, 03-Aug-03 08:06 PM, #12
     Reply RE: Well, Urden_X (Guest), 03-Aug-03 08:32 PM, #13
          Reply RE: Well, Zargu, 04-Aug-03 03:40 AM, #14
     Reply Dang!, Choranek (Guest), 04-Aug-03 04:24 PM, #17
     Reply Not sure what you said to get the post deleted, but... ..., Eilathen (Guest), 05-Aug-03 02:45 AM, #18
     Reply RE: Well, that seemed longer than it was., Killag (Guest), 12-Aug-03 12:44 AM, #22
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #20004 Previous topic | Next topic