Subject: "Farewell all, it was a fun ride, but I was ready for it to be over" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19378
Show all folders

marcaliusFri 18-Jul-03 07:19 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2003
17 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19380, "Farewell all, it was a fun ride, but I was ready for it to be over"

Well where to start with over 350 hours of playing Ezrail I will leave many many people out but I will try. Just reply to this if I forgot you. This was my third villager, but pretty much my first real villager and first since any of the changes. This was also my first ranger ever. I have been playing since late 1994 and total love cf. I have moved pasted the point were I would ever rage delete a character, and have finally learned that death is a part of cf. I feel others could benefit from this lesson. The best things ezrail ever did was stay active for his whole life. Except for a few days here and there were really life took precedent over cf, this was my main and pretty much only character. This character was made to get into battle and to fight. No really high roleplaying aspiration though I did try to always roleplay. I wish I would have roleplayed the evil aspect of my character better, but I struggled with the rager focusing on mages, yet still being evil and hating the world. I thought this was one of my better played characters. I learned a bunch about fighting with this character. One lesson I learned well is that a ranger is not a warrior and not meant to be, this lesson I learned the hard way. A felar ranger is not the greatest rager combo ever created, but that was why I played it. I knew if I played this character like I should a high pk ratio was impossible. I was shooting for 50% but took to many 3 on 1 deaths defending and retrieving for that. I had so many fights on a daily basis some of you would be shocked. The players I interacted with, I will try to say very little negative because I enjoyed all the fights and roleplaying adventurers I had. I welcome constructive criticisms because I am always try to better both my fighting and my roleplaying.

Immortals: I was not overly concerned with my lack of immeraction, because I really did not seek it, I had two dream sequences which were very cool and probably done by Kastellyn. Any immortals that snooped me I would love to here what I could have done better and what I did well.

Kastellyn: Only spoke with you briefly once, I think you were getting a con quest together for me or perhaps the con quest was part of the gray horn, but either way your kind words about me helping the village meant a lot. I thought I would enter your legends contest knowing I would not win, because my history and background story and role were really not overly detailed or that well thought out.

Grogim: You were always willing to speak, and never hesitated to give advice, but never tried to interfere. I liked that a lot.

Sabiene: Always trying to help. You and Grogim gave me good advice about how to get a hut as well as how to possibly get a con quest. Thanks for the help.

Villagers:

Drahkul: I was disappointed that you deleted, but I understood. We did well together though a felar ranger is not the toughest combo in the game. I thought you were damn tough no matter what others said about you. I new I was going to like you from the first time we talked. I thought the village did well under you, but it was frustrating that a lot of people did not rise from their huts soon after you were made commander.

Brogg: I wish I could have gotten to travel and fight with you. Very well roleplayed at least with me. I know you did not start it, but I used the gather of two items in my interviews as well.

Stampar: Another character I liked, but wondered if you fell off the Earth. You were quite tough as an assassin but often enough we were both regearing. We did not get to roleplay as much as I would have liked but as a rager it is tough to find time to talk.

Zylundak: Another tough bastid, good luck in the rites. You whooped my arse ever duel with them damn maces. Well played I say, and heroing without grouping. Wow.

Ramstin: I wish you were could play more cause you were tough, though I will always remember Jumalde and Boigeran (with Munro) whipped our arses. Oh well we got them enough too. Good luck in the rites.

Jehegicial: I wish I could have learned more from you about being a ranger, but I think I played my ranger different than you did yours. Either way well played. And you were quite right ranger in woods fight very hard, rangers in civilized not so hard.

Urgarg: One of the best roleplayers I have ever interacted with. Like Joushin you are the man. Good luck in the rites. Not much I can say about you here that you do not already know.

Joushin: I did not get to see you fight that much, and you were younger so we did not travel that much, but you are the man and you know why.

Gieldon: Very interesting character. I can tell this is one of your first high level character, but with that said, pretty well done. I know I play aggressive and take chances but even you have me beat.

Kriack: After I found out this was one of your first characters I was very impressed. Very funny, though that poison was torture on groupmates and try to heal up.

Kugnar: Funniest villager. Well roleplayed. I thought you would have a chance in the rites with that disembowel and the whips, but you deleted.

Ozlif: Quite character but very tough. Spear/hand to hand is tough. Good luck in the rites.

Feolin: Well played, pretty tough. Hopefully you will enter the rites. I think you have a good chance.

Sayangu: Not that much interaction with you, wish you would have awoken more.

Theaus: We had some fun adventurers and you helped me hero

Alan, Nwalarf, Wiglaf, Aidamo: Only spoke with each of you briefly

Alfoneas, legedri, khajearh: Not much interaction, though I might have interviewed you both.

Warlocks:

Gherian: Single handedly destroyed my con early in life. I did not realize till later in life that bloodthirsty would help me spellbane area spells. Might have saved my life some. Congrats on the immorting. I could never be an immortal. To much work.

Synboriel(sp?): Damn walrus is tough on a felar ranger rager beserker. You kept me from raid by yourself. Damn water.

Any other warlocks, send me a note. Chasillia got me once I know, parcan we never fought. Hmm I can not think of others.

Scions:

Ghuljun: You got me once, I think playing a lich without zombies is amazing tough especially when there are no scions. Wish you were around more. Well done on just liching and surviving without zombies.

Nexans:

Quezzumpliet: Well roleplayed and very courageous. The nexan I have the most respect for. You would defend no matter what, once ever getting just totally destroyed very quickly. But I have done the same and died just as quickly. I felt you and I were a lot alike except in our roleplaying IC beliefs.

Jumalde: You make me want to play an autumn harvest svirf warrior. I was convinced you were wiglaf, but perhaps just similar fighters. Always gave me fits, but I was always willing to fight, even two or three of ya at times, and almost always not in the wilderness. Ambushing you twice at the senintel is still among by best kills, even though you were fighting 3 of us and killed the other two of us.

Kuceral: Did no roleplaying with you, got you a few times and you got me a few times. You fought well.

Boigeran: No interaction, some fighting, hit quite hard.

Munro: Well roleplayed, but added nothing to fighting, but you were a transmuter, I wish you would have tried to fight at least a little when we had the head.

Urzkoo: Tough bastid I really never stood a chance.

Kozalwaski, Cassougi: Always tough fights.

Marans:

Karun, Rothergian: Always very tough fights, I stood no chance. Only tried to smash the shield and leave, since you were not my enemy, I was yours.

Other names are escaping my, but a healer that always gated to me, mehkoa, and elf that entwined and killed me once.

Tribunal:

Khetopia: We had some good fights, well played

Morrolion: Another I enjoyed fighting

Invoker provicinical: Name escapes me but also got me a few times. Well done.

Warders:

Did not know most of you fought tikniktil a bunch, there was another invoker that tortured me while I was ranking and I finally got my revenge with a snare on night but the name escapes me. Blachniman well deserved from what I could tell.

Empire:

Astillamos: I am glad you heroed I was afraid you would do like the others and sit below 42 to avoid fighting tough ragers and tough paladins, but you didn’t and you have died some, but that is ok. I am usually impressed and trying to lock my in the waygate was a nice trick though you died shortly after though I know not why and I had to find my way through them damn mists.

I cannot remember many others though I know I ranked with a few of you a while ago.

Others:

Vorcalnon: Damn we fought a lot. I was impressed that you kept playing even with vulture/panther and you would keep coming. I was always impressed.

I am leaving many out, bunches of shifters I fought a few times, Hallister, guy with the crocodile.

Anyway I will be back in the fields, already have another little something in the works, we will see how this goes. Playing a rager was a blast. I hope to hear from all of you.

Marcalius, aka

Ezrail, Bevrolmx, Shemlok, Tunvuxis, Wionurgz, and many many others of which I cannot remember.

873hp 319m 802mv 26550tnl 1 AM outdoorn wilderness Ezrail the Dweller of the Wilds
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level : 51 Sex : male Race : felar
Ethos : Chaotic Align : Evil Class : ranger
Practices: 3 Trains : 0 Hometown : Blackclaw
Exp : 572100 To Level : 26550 Sphere : Rage
Hit Point: 873 /873 Mana : 319 /592 Move : 802 /802
Str : 16(17) Int : 17(17) Wis : 20(20)
Dex : 23(22) Con : 4 (7 ) Chr : 16(17)
Carry # : 23/34 Weight : 197 lb 7 oz (Max 307 lbs)
Gold : 0 Silver : 0 Copper : 0
Wimpy : 100 hp Morale : Moderate Position : Sleeping
Hitroll : 16 Damroll : 28
AC pierce: -105 Divinely armored AC bash : -105 Divinely armored
AC slash : -110 Divinely armored AC magic : -48 Very well armored
vs Spell : Protected vs Paralysis : Barely protected
vs Breath: Barely protected vs Petrification: Not protected
You are affected by:
Skill: 'bark skin' modifies armor class by -76 for 50 hours.
Skill: 'acute vision' for 50 hours.
Skill: 'protection heat cold' for 23 hours.
Skill: 'snare' for 22 hours.
Power: 'spellbane' modifies save vs spell by -17 for 11 hours.
Commune: 'armor' modifies armor class by -20 for 10 hours.
Power: 'truesight' for 8 hours.
Power: 'truesight' for 8 hours.
Skill: 'herbs' for 1 hours.
Skill: 'camp' for -1 hours.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

873hp 319m 802mv 26550tnl 1 AM outdoorn wilderness pr
armor 1%( 1%) call lightning 1%( 1%)
control weather 1%( 1%) axe 100%(100%)
dagger 93%( 93%) spear 96%( 96%)
sword 100%(100%) staff 100%(100%)
whip 93%( 93%) dirt kicking 100%(100%)
disarm 100%(100%) dodge 100%(100%)
enhanced damage 100%(100%) hand to hand 100%(100%)
kick 1%( 1%) parry 100%(100%)
second attack 100%(100%) third attack 100%(100%)
shield cleave 76%( 76%) pugil 98%( 98%)
lash 100%(100%) fast healing 100%(100%)
haggle 1%( 1%) meditation 100%(100%)
scrolls 1%( 1%) staves 1%( 1%)
recall 100%(100%) camouflage 100%(100%)
acute vision 94%( 94%) ambush 100%(100%)
quiet movement 100%(100%) pathfinding 100%(100%)
herbs 100%(100%) tame 80%( 80%)
butcher 100%(100%) find water 100%(100%)
camp 99%( 99%) bark skin 96%( 96%)
imbue staff 1%( 1%) fashion staff 76%( 76%)
bloodthirst 71%( 71%) spellbane 100%(100%)
resistance 100%(100%) deathblow 100%(100%)
track 75%( 75%) trophy 73%( 73%)
truesight 100%(100%) lore 1%( 1%)
warcry 86%( 86%) entangle 1%( 1%)
protection heat cold 96%( 96%) shield block 100%(100%)
dual wield 100%(100%) dark vision 1%( 1%)
creep 100%(100%) bearcharge 100%(100%)
backrake 100%(100%) serpent strike 100%(100%)
waylay 78%( 78%) snare 86%( 86%)
wilderness familiarity 100%(100%) pen 1%( 1%)
You have 3 practice sessions left.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Ezrail the Dweller of the Wilds [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 28-Jul-03 12:28 PM
Reply Oi!, Rogardian (Guest), 21-Jul-03 02:12 PM, #48
Reply RE: Oi!, ezrail (Guest), 21-Jul-03 04:45 PM, #50
Reply Good enemy, Dafeb (Guest), 21-Jul-03 12:03 PM, #44
Reply RE: Good enemy, ezrail (Guest), 21-Jul-03 12:32 PM, #47
     Reply Yes, I am still alive and kicking. nt, Dafeb (Guest), 21-Jul-03 03:12 PM, #49
Reply well shucks, Urgarg (Guest), 19-Jul-03 07:25 PM, #38
Reply RE: well shucks, ezrail (Guest), 19-Jul-03 08:51 PM, #39
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Ezrail the Dweller of the Wilds, Cylandrael (Guest), 19-Jul-03 04:45 PM, #35
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Ezrail the Dweller of the Wilds, ezrail (Guest), 19-Jul-03 07:14 PM, #37
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Ezrail the Dweller of the Wilds, Gherian, 18-Jul-03 11:47 PM, #17
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Ezrail the Dweller of the Wilds, Ezrail (Guest), 18-Jul-03 11:58 PM, #19
Reply Sidenote and clarification, Gherian, 19-Jul-03 03:55 AM, #22
     Reply RE: Sidenote and clarification, ezrail (Guest), 19-Jul-03 12:46 PM, #28
Reply I didnt know graatch had a son. n/t, Maz (Guest), 19-Jul-03 05:54 AM, #51
Reply Farewell all, it was a fun ride, but I was ready for it..., marcalius, 18-Jul-03 07:19 PM #1
     Reply Very well played, Javaco (Guest), 18-Jul-03 07:29 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Very well played, maraclius (Guest), 18-Jul-03 08:51 PM, #8
     Reply Really Well Done, Quezzumpliet (Guest), 18-Jul-03 08:02 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Really Well Done, ezrail (Guest), 18-Jul-03 08:53 PM, #9
     Reply Man, that sucks!, Feolin (Guest), 18-Jul-03 08:07 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Man, that sucks!, ezrail (Guest), 18-Jul-03 08:54 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Farewell all, it was a fun ride, but I was ready fo..., Munro (Guest), 18-Jul-03 08:09 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Farewell all, it was a fun ride, but I was ready fo..., maracalois (Guest), 18-Jul-03 08:50 PM, #7
     Reply Don't blame you for saying its one of my high ranks is ..., Gieldon (Guest), 18-Jul-03 08:33 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Don't blame you for saying its one of my high ranks..., ezrail (Guest), 18-Jul-03 08:56 PM, #11
     Reply well done, Urzkoo (Guest), 18-Jul-03 09:38 PM, #12
     Reply RE: well done, ezrail (Guest), 18-Jul-03 10:00 PM, #14
     Reply RE: Farewell all, it was a fun ride, but I was ready fo..., Morrilion (Guest), 18-Jul-03 09:53 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Farewell all, it was a fun ride, but I was ready fo..., ezrail (Guest), 18-Jul-03 10:01 PM, #15
     Reply RE: Farewell all, it was a fun ride, but I was ready fo..., Jehegaciel (Guest), 18-Jul-03 11:44 PM, #16
     Reply RE: Farewell all, it was a fun ride, but I was ready fo..., ezrail (Guest), 19-Jul-03 12:08 AM, #21
     Reply Always forgetting...=p, Zhabrinyhai (Guest), 18-Jul-03 11:48 PM, #18
     Reply RE: Always forgetting...=p, Ezrail (Guest), 19-Jul-03 12:01 AM, #20
     Reply RE: Farewell all, it was a fun ride, but I was ready fo..., Grogim, 19-Jul-03 04:27 AM, #23
     Reply RE: Farewell all, it was a fun ride, but I was ready fo..., ezrail (Guest), 19-Jul-03 01:03 PM, #33
     Reply RE: Farewell all, it was a fun ride, but I was ready fo..., seakrou (Guest), 19-Jul-03 06:50 AM, #24
     Reply RE: Farewell all, it was a fun ride, but I was ready fo..., ezrail (Guest), 19-Jul-03 01:01 PM, #32
     Reply A Joy., Zylundak (Guest), 19-Jul-03 08:12 AM, #25
     Reply RE: A Joy., ezrail (Guest), 19-Jul-03 01:00 PM, #31
     Reply Well Done!, Kastellyn, 19-Jul-03 08:26 AM, #26
     Reply RE: Well Done!, Ezrail (Guest), 19-Jul-03 12:54 PM, #29
     Reply Damn you, Halister (Guest), 19-Jul-03 11:59 AM, #27
     Reply RE: Damn you, ezrail (Guest), 19-Jul-03 12:56 PM, #30
     Reply RE: Farewell all, it was a fun ride, but I was ready fo..., robturner, 19-Jul-03 01:46 PM, #34
     Reply RE: Farewell all, it was a fun ride, but I was ready fo..., ezrail (Guest), 19-Jul-03 07:12 PM, #36
     Reply RE: Farewell all, it was a fun ride, but I was ready fo..., Ozlif (Guest), 19-Jul-03 11:16 PM, #40
     Reply RE: Farewell all, it was a fun ride, but I was ready fo..., ezrail (Guest), 20-Jul-03 12:24 AM, #41
     Reply Sorry to see you go..., Theaus (Guest), 20-Jul-03 06:48 PM, #42
     Reply RE: Sorry to see you go..., ezrail (Guest), 21-Jul-03 12:30 PM, #46
     Reply RE: Farewell all, it was a fun ride, but I was ready fo..., Blachmianan, 21-Jul-03 10:51 AM, #43
          Reply RE: Farewell all, it was a fun ride, but I was ready fo..., ezrail (Guest), 21-Jul-03 12:28 PM, #45
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19378 Previous topic | Next topic