Subject: "And so ends the great elf paladin experiment, part deux." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19135
Show all folders

JavaMon 14-Jul-03 12:17 AM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#19136, "And so ends the great elf paladin experiment, part deux."

I had fun with this character, for the first 40 lvls.

But around lvl 42 is where the exp penalty really started to hurt. Over the last couple weeks, I think I died 6 times for every kill I landed (a real problem for paladins, btw). Before that, I had to have a PK ratio in the %60s-70s. But that's not really important.

I won't say any goodbyes, cause really, I wasn't around that long. But I have to say, Elven paladins are really underrated. Unbelievable tanks (shield ded), above-average damage, good healing, great dam redux, and even a little maledicting. Only downsides were the massive exp penalty (which really didn't matter, until upper ranks), and the scary lack of HP (476 natural on deletion).

Made me feel good when people would run from one-on-one fights with me, even if it was just cause they expected me to spam wrath on them. I think to a few people I proved elf paladins weren't completely powerless.

I had good days and bad days with this character. Some days I spent more time as a ghost than not, other days I was surprisingly slippery. Law of averages, I guess.

I went through a particularly bad stretch for the last several days, and I had another character idea I've been itching to get started, so I decided to end it with a nice suicide attack on the Empire. I almost won too, or so I thought.. briefly.

Oh well, not a memorable character in most people's eyes, but I'm proud of myself for having as much success as I did (in my opinion), with a weakly considered combo.

An elf paladin in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing could be a beast though, mark my words.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DELETED) [None] Vhenelcar the Champion of the Templars [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 14-Jul-03 12:04 AM
Reply And so ends the great elf paladin experiment, part deux..., Java, 14-Jul-03 12:17 AM #1
     Reply Earlier than expected, Ahtanri (Guest), 14-Jul-03 02:35 AM, #2
     Reply couple of tips, Sossaphrin (Guest), 14-Jul-03 03:53 AM, #3
     Reply RE: couple of tips, Java, 14-Jul-03 08:44 AM, #6
     Reply RE: And so ends the great elf paladin experiment, part ..., Jirash (Guest), 14-Jul-03 06:23 AM, #4
     Reply hehe from an ex elf-pally., Bajula, 14-Jul-03 08:41 AM, #5
     Reply Just gimme the gauntlets!, Racli, 14-Jul-03 10:22 AM, #7
     Reply Heheh.., Java, 14-Jul-03 12:28 PM, #8
     Reply RE: And so ends the great elf paladin experiment, part ..., Edeana (Guest), 14-Jul-03 03:20 PM, #9
     Reply Yeah.., Java, 14-Jul-03 04:11 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Elf Paladins, Cartherlen (Guest), 14-Jul-03 04:57 PM, #11
     Reply RE: And so ends the great elf paladin experiment, part ..., Javaco (Guest), 15-Jul-03 05:38 PM, #12
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19135 Previous topic | Next topic