Subject: "well, s'pose I'll get the ball rolling." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19027
Show all folders

shokaiSat 12-Jul-03 02:12 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19037, "well, s'pose I'll get the ball rolling."

Where to begin? There is so much good and bad to be said about Aemelius it's hard to know where to start and where to end, however, I'll endeavor to say what I want to say without rambling too much.

First the good:

Aemelius was a beast, flat and simple, regardless of how you felt about the player or the character there was no denying that dishing out damage was a strong point. Early on I dug the character, anyone who comes to you before level 10 and pledges to follow your path without wavering...and then does, causes a lot of admiration. I watched you hack, hew, and plow through enemies with a style that was pretty much hard-ass Maran all the way. No mercy. No quarter. Just lift the axe and cleave anything with a taint in half, let Shok sort'm out. As a leader I saw you do a lot of things that I thought spoke highly of you, you pushed squires to learn how to fight...and pushed people to share how to fight. Exactly what I asked you to do when I made you Marshall. All in all a job very well done. I think in a lot of ways you were an ideal Maran.

Now the other side:

You are one hell of a whiney bastard at times. I looked for a nicer way to say that, but decided there was no reason to mince words. For everything amazing I saw you did, there was some other side of it that made me shake my head. Attempting to abuse mantle was one of the first things I'll point out (why in the hell would a good mage set a Maran on fire?!?!)...and it was something of a steady trend from there. Using Acolytes as hunting bait. Ordering huge groups to kill anything evil that moved. Etc, etc, etc. It could be attributed to being a hardass Maran, and that was how I chose to deal with it IC...but the other side of being a Maran is not to let the 'joy of fighting' overwhelm you. I also was highly uncertain what the hell you wanted from me as an imm. If thre is anyone out there who follows me and expects immteraction...they haven't been paying attention. When I had time, and our times crossed, I did try to talk to you...sometimes I was able, sometimes I wasn't. You probably recieved more immteraction out of me than most of my followers (perhaps Ulthur and Balrahd aside). There also seems to be a sort of 'bully' mentality that came out at times. I'd see you gang down someone and beat them senseless and then a few weeks later, I'd see you rage delete when it happened to you. Do unto others man, do unto others. As for the leadership side of the coin, when you first asked me 'yeah but who's got more power?" in reference to the council set-up, it was almost a preface to how some of your leadering would go down. I don't know if you meant to, but a lot of things you did came off as very condescending and power-hungry. There were times I watched you make sweeping decisions on the fly without even pondering how the rest of the council would feel about it....now I grant you, you were well within your right to do so. I just would've liked a leader who played a little better with others.

Loved or hated, Aemelius will be rememebred. There was a lot of good in the character. There was some bad too. I think it's important to remember that you were not only a beast, but a beast with Shokai's mark and the second Marshall of the Fortress. If you can ever get rid of some of the baggage I think you're still carrying, you've got the potential to be an outstanding player. Some of that baggage though, it's heavy, and the sooner you start trying to drop it the better.

Peace chief.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aemelius the Weaponsmaster, Marsha... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 13-Jul-03 04:33 PM
Reply Now that you posted on Dio, are you going to finally po..., Minyar, 07-Aug-03 12:32 PM, #22
Reply Farewell, Marshall, Sylvrin (Guest), 14-Jul-03 08:26 AM, #18
Reply about that note, Daurwyn (Guest), 14-Jul-03 11:51 AM, #19
     Reply Agreed, and...., Cartherlen (Guest), 14-Jul-03 05:00 PM, #20
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aemelius the Weaponsmaster, Ma..., Faeras. (Guest), 13-Jul-03 11:20 PM, #17
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aemelius the Weaponsmaster, Ma..., Fahnrore, 13-Jul-03 12:27 PM, #15
Reply They obviously didn't help, Wilhath, 12-Jul-03 04:59 PM, #13
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aemelius the Weaponsmaster, Ma..., Sarkarian (Guest), 12-Jul-03 03:10 PM, #11
Reply The meetings....oh god the tactic meetings!!!, Lightmaged (Guest), 12-Jul-03 04:53 PM, #12
     Reply Oh yes, Sarkarian (Guest), 13-Jul-03 08:38 AM, #14
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aemelius the Weaponsmaster, Ma..., Beast, 12-Jul-03 01:57 PM, #10
Reply My Thoughts, Beroxxus, 12-Jul-03 12:02 PM, #9
Reply Har., Birkota (Guest), 12-Jul-03 11:44 AM, #8
Reply Well..., Grik (Guest), 12-Jul-03 10:59 AM, #7
Reply Tale of Two Characters, Wilhath, 12-Jul-03 09:45 AM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aemelius the Weaponsmaster, Ma..., Xehlaell (Guest), 12-Jul-03 08:00 AM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aemelius the Weaponsmaster, Ma..., Maz (Guest), 12-Jul-03 05:45 AM, #4
Reply well, s'pose I'll get the ball rolling., shokai, 12-Jul-03 02:12 AM #3
Reply For argument's sake, Valkenar, 13-Jul-03 10:27 PM, #16
     Reply To save Shokai some time..., Cartherlen (Guest), 14-Jul-03 05:03 PM, #21
     Reply missed this question the first time..., shokai, 07-Aug-03 03:26 PM, #23
Reply 401 hours..., Lightmaged (Guest), 12-Jul-03 12:04 AM, #2
Reply Damned, Anlon (Guest), 11-Jul-03 11:59 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19027 Previous topic | Next topic