Subject: "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ancruhljin the Herald of War, Flame of the Scar" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #18834
Show all folders

Ancruhljin (Guest)Sun 06-Jul-03 02:00 AM

#18854, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ancruhljin the Herald of War, Flame of the Scar"

Well, one final go round. This one was fun but it rapidly deteriorated to the same old thing. I simply got too bored to continue. The same facet of the game which probably attracts many people to the game and to cabals is ultimately what lead to my utter disinterest…people grouping up together in teams. Some people love cabal wars and the team spirit, I hate them. I simply am not a team player. It would be an entirely different thing if the teams were even, but in a dynamic game such as CF with people logging on and off at all times, the chances of having even teams are virtually nil.

I love to simply compete against others on an even playing field, no preps, no cabal powers, just pure skills pitted against each other, mano a mano. How many times did I get this? Much too few for my liking. So few in fact, that I lost interest in the game. It simply became a bore to log in and that is when you know it is time to go. In the end, I no longer cared and went out in a suicidal bang. Never would I go near a level 51 Elven bard and a paladin while at level 43 (some things you just do not do as a fire giant). But I said ‘what the hell’ and did it and got ganged down like I knew I would. Easy come, easy go.

Becoming powerful is a double-edged sword. It was fun as I slowly grew in power but then I simply ran out of opponents. No one would come near me, none. I could be on for hours without finding a single person in pk range sometimes. Numerous times my pk range went from 15 to 3 in ten minutes. I attacked all cabals and was afraid of no one as I think it should be for a Scarab (though, as Astilamos said, I did avoid most people who could possibly land a cheap spell on me. I simply had nothing to gain by killing you Astilamos since your axes always sucked, but if by fluke you landed that sleep spell, I was done because I knew you would summon your hoard of imperials to come gang me. I simply weighed things. I had nothing to gain from you, but everything to lose. But, if I knew I could get the jump on necros, bards, or ap’s, I would certainly go after them and I managed to kill almost every a-p of worth out there, even you Master DDD though it was the nightgaunt that did you in the underdark. The other time we met, you had A/B/S and I had no preps as I usually don’t and we fought to a draw so I bailed as we were both gushing).

Then I hit level 43 with 35 people in PK, 90% of them wanting my head but most too afraid to come by themselves (though I tip my hat to Mehkoa who came once while we were ranking, but then hid out in the boonies after we raided the fortress and crushed everyone there.) It was either 10-15 imperials or 10-15 fortressites, a few villagers who never wanted a piece of me, a few warlocks, and some nexuns who I don’t even know what the hell they do in this game except gang villagers. Now this normally wouldn’t be too bad but with hero conjurers gaunting me and invisible hero invokers shielding people to come after me together, things were pretty tough for me. I leveled at 3 in the morning and I could have made it to hero this way in a few days but my interest was quickly waning. Finally I said, #### it, this isn’t for me anymore, it’s time for me to go.

Astilamos, I know it would have been funner if I got a certain Scarab power but then everyone would just say I needed scarab powers to PK like they have done before. All I had were some robes but people were saying all sorts of funny things in the game about all these powers I had. Me and Scarabaeus would laugh at them.

Incidently would you have gone anywhere near me if you knew I had it? Would any bard or mage? No, and it was hard enough finding opponents as it was so that power would actually have been curse rather than a blessing.

Mostly I just got annoyed trying to find people. I would look for hours but they were off in some remote corner of the world doing whatever it was they did. So I would ask thieves to keep an eye open and let me know if they saw anyone. I only really talked to two or three. But this just annoyed me further because I like to rely only on myself. I felt degraded having to ask for others to scout for me but I had no choice, so few were my willing opponents.

So with that, my CF experience draws to a close. There were some good times and some bad times. In all my years, I simply wanted to be the badest of the badass PKers who played clean (I know this reduces the eligible people to less than half of all the players out there, but that is just CF). In my eyes, I think I have finally accomplished this or come close enough for my liking though I am sure many will disagree (not that I care what others think). And with that, I don’t really feel I have anything else to prove here.

IMMORTALS:

Scarabaeus: My favourite Immortal. You only disappointed me once in the past but I will not get into that. Loved our interactions. You always kept things interesting. Sorry I had to disappoint you by deleting after becoming Flame, but my heart just wasn’t in it anymore and I won’t compromise a character by playing them half-assed, especially the Flame. Take care and good luck. Hope you recovered well from your illness.

Beroxxus: I also enjoyed my interactions with you thoroughly. Being the Cursed of the Ill Omen was entertaining and all those power word pains and plagues amused me. I especially enjoyed the one in Scar’s Temple where Scar got pissed. That was awesome. Sorry I didn’t roleplay with you in the end when I lost my axe to that gang. I know you tried to roleplay with me, but I was on my way out at that point. Good work and have fun with your religion.

PLAYERS:

Astilamos: to accuse me of ALWAYS perma-ing with thieves is just too funny. Would any of these thieves please come forward? Maybe they were just so good that I never saw them in the shadows beside me? Like I said, only five of my kills were done with another person.

Amadalie: I think me and you have a different conception of what evil really is. Some people think some eery emotes and some macabre language make a character appear evil though I don’t think people really care. I’ve always been a believer that actions speak louder than words. When I entered the realms, I wanted people to notice. When I entered your area, I wanted people to scatter. I wanted people to avoid me like a walking plague. I unnerved people so much that even people I confided in were very reluctant to come near me and stayed away. When you actually make the person on the keyboard’s heart race a little faster when they see you, that is fear. That is the kind of impact I wanted to make on others. To me that is pure evil (Sometimes this simply requires an obscene bodycount to accomplish). Hopefully, this is the effect I had on some people and by the number of people that ran in the opposite direction when they saw me makes me think I was somewhat successful. If you knew how many people tried to talk to me to kiss my ass so I would not attack them, you would understand why I did not reply to you and attacked you. If I didn’t attack people who tried to befriend me, I would have very few people to kill. As well, it was part of my role to be very quiet and I kept talking to a minimum. You three ganged me and earned the axe. I didn’t deserve it back and preferred to start over. I wouldn’t have minded my food and water back though. A pity you could not even hold onto the axe for a single day without dying.

Garguza: Grats on the Beast. Good luck.

Eilathen: was brief but enjoyable. Good luck.

I don’t want to compromise any active characters so to those very few I associated with, thanks and good luck.

To any others that respond, I will reply when I can.

Drucyrus, Flame of the Scarab
Drugadath, Initiate of the Scarab
Ancruhljin, Flame of the Scarab

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [None] Ancruhljin the Herald of War, Flame of... [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 07-Jul-03 10:10 PM
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ancruhljin the Herald of War, Flam..., Menzaen (Guest), 08-Jul-03 03:03 PM, #39
Reply Yep, I only interacted with those whom I thought were w..., Ancruhljin (Guest), 09-Jul-03 07:40 PM, #47
     Reply Your response defies logic., Menzaen (Guest), 09-Jul-03 08:03 PM, #48
          Reply Yeah, well, it is for me., Ancruhljin (Guest), 10-Jul-03 12:48 AM, #50
               Reply Err..., Vladamir, 10-Jul-03 02:34 AM, #51
                    Reply I'll tell you why..., Ancruhljin (Guest), 11-Jul-03 01:01 PM, #54
Reply You got the title Flame of the scarab and were still cl..., Quid (Guest), 07-Jul-03 08:21 PM, #31
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ancruhljin the Herald of War, Flam..., Ancruhljin (Guest), 06-Jul-03 02:00 AM #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ancruhljin the Herald of War, Flam..., Lesta (Guest), 06-Jul-03 02:40 AM, #2
     Reply Dude seriously..., Vladamir, 06-Jul-03 04:36 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Dude seriously..., Jhyrbian, 06-Jul-03 06:19 AM, #4
     Reply I third that, oddly enough. nt, Cartherlen (Guest), 06-Jul-03 02:46 PM, #6
     Reply So true, Menzaen (Guest), 08-Jul-03 03:10 PM, #40
     Reply Buddy, we just have different views., Ancruhljin (Guest), 06-Jul-03 06:43 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Buddy, we just have different views., Vladamir, 06-Jul-03 09:08 PM, #11
     Reply agree to disagree?, Quid (Guest), 06-Jul-03 09:22 PM, #10
          Reply RE: agree to disagree?, Vladamir, 07-Jul-03 02:04 AM, #17
               Reply Oh please..., Ancruhljin (Guest), 07-Jul-03 02:30 AM, #20
               Reply RE: Oh please..., Vladamir, 07-Jul-03 02:57 AM, #21
                    Reply For the record..., Vladamir, 07-Jul-03 04:22 AM, #25
                    Reply RE: Oh please..., Boldereth, 07-Jul-03 07:20 AM, #26
                         Reply On the subject of tough situations..., Vladamir, 07-Jul-03 09:27 AM, #29
                              Reply RE: On the subject of tough situations..., Boldereth, 07-Jul-03 02:58 PM, #30
                                   Reply Guess again, Vladamir, 08-Jul-03 12:06 AM, #35
               Reply I would also like to point out a key word here..., TSM- (Guest), 07-Jul-03 09:08 AM, #28
     Reply RE: Buddy, we just have different views., Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 07-Jul-03 04:10 AM, #24
     Reply RE: Dude seriously..., Enbuergo1 (Guest), 09-Jul-03 11:30 AM, #42
          Reply oww. My sides hurt from laughing nt, Daurwyn (Guest), 09-Jul-03 11:48 AM, #43
          Reply But it took at least four of them to steal my Goddam to..., Ancruhljin (Guest), 09-Jul-03 02:29 PM, #44
          Reply RE: But it took at least four of them to steal my Godda..., Krivohan, 09-Jul-03 03:07 PM, #45
          Reply Where the hell is all this cheating crap coming from?, Ancruhljin (Guest), 09-Jul-03 07:35 PM, #46
          Reply For the record, I quite liked this char n/t, Enbuergo1 (Guest), 10-Jul-03 07:38 AM, #52
          Reply lol!!, Vladamir, 09-Jul-03 09:42 PM, #49
     Reply It's weird. I didn't even notice or hear about this ch..., Jake (Guest), 06-Jul-03 12:26 PM, #5
     Reply I can say virtually the same thing, Wilhath, 06-Jul-03 03:14 PM, #7
     Reply well well, seems the funs over, Kertaki (Guest), 06-Jul-03 09:16 PM, #9
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ancruhljin the Herald of War, Flam..., Valguarnera, 06-Jul-03 10:51 PM, #12
     Reply curious...., Quid (Guest), 06-Jul-03 11:00 PM, #13
     Reply RE: curious...., Valguarnera, 06-Jul-03 11:04 PM, #14
     Reply I reported numerous things anonymously, Ancruhljin (Guest), 07-Jul-03 12:42 AM, #15
          Reply RE: I reported numerous things anonymously, Valguarnera, 07-Jul-03 01:24 AM, #16
     Reply What, no conspiracy theory about your axe?, Zulghinlour, 07-Jul-03 02:16 AM, #18
     Reply Well I think "someone ####ed with my axe", Vladamir, 07-Jul-03 02:25 AM, #19
     Reply I thought fractions were supposed to be good?, Boldereth, 07-Jul-03 02:56 AM, #22
     Reply Bad luck., Valguarnera, 07-Jul-03 03:21 AM, #23
          Reply Cool. nt, Boldereth, 07-Jul-03 07:24 AM, #27
     Reply No, but that's pretty ####ty of you actually., Ancruhljin (Guest), 07-Jul-03 10:29 PM, #33
          Reply RE: No, but that's pretty ####ty of you actually., Zulghinlour, 08-Jul-03 12:06 AM, #36
          Reply Not to open THAT can of worms again, but:, nepenthe, 08-Jul-03 02:55 AM, #37
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ancruhljin the Herald of War, Flam..., Beast, 07-Jul-03 04:54 AM, #32
     Reply I would reply with the truth but I am not allowed. nt, Ancruhljin (Guest), 07-Jul-03 10:33 PM, #34
     Reply Too bad., Ilrahsek (Guest), 08-Jul-03 02:48 PM, #38
     Reply Sorry to see you go., Scrimbul, 09-Jul-03 09:59 AM, #41
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ancruhljin the Herald of War, Flam..., Beroxxus, 10-Jul-03 11:54 AM, #53
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #18834 Previous topic | Next topic