Subject: "[DEL][BATTLE]Kriack the Master of Iron, Axe Swinging Ally of the Boss" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #18774
Show all folders

jaynusFri 04-Jul-03 03:10 AM
Member since 16th Apr 2003
139 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18774, "[DEL][BATTLE]Kriack the Master of Iron, Axe Swinging Ally of the Boss"
Edited on Fri 04-Jul-03 03:27 AM

Well, where to begin. (This is my first graveyard post, so don't be pissed that I have a whole boo-hoo story here plz. Thanks.)

First of all, I am a complete and utter newbie. This is my second "major" character. My first was a very laughable AP named Polazt.

The story behind Kriack:

I moved to Oshawa to escape a bad household situation. The only connection I had at my apt was dial up. Now you see, I used to *fiend* a Dragonlance based MUD back a few years ago and it helped me get out of some very depressing life situations (gg entertainment!). Seeing as I was in a very depressing situation once more, I instinctively went back to what helped me keep sane last time - MUD. Now, the MUD I played earlier was frequented from people from carrionfields so I decided to check it out periodically. Obviously, I could not get into it as I was much too attached to the other MUD. However, in January /03 it closed down - for good. Desperate beyond all means (haha, not really..) I went to the next source of RP/PK enjoyment, Carrionfields.

I remember rolling Kriack at my friends house. The first thing I usually ask myself before I roll something is my character and what hes going to be like / what I would like to play at the time. I noted the nice advantages of the Duergar race, but what really turned me was the fact that I could talk like a drunken scotsman. Who would ever pass up the chance for that!?

So I rolled him up not knowing anything about CF. I didn't know about preps, weapons, vulns, resistances, spells, classes, races or anything else. But what I sought out to do with my character, I think I accomplished (to a point).

I achieved a tattoo (something I strived and strived to do at the other MUD but failed no matter how good I was), was inducted into the BattleRagers, gained somewhat of a fan movement from various races/clans and even got some notes on this very board itself! I don't know what this means to the expert character in CF, but to me - this is amazing. I cannot thank anyone who was involved in Kriack's life enough. Thank you so much.

Kriack was supposed to be a mix between Flint and Bupu from Dragonlance. Talkin' like da moron fer da bit eh. (Yes, I talked IC on boards - to hide who I was OOC, something I picked up from previous PK MUD's). I pictured a short, light skinned dwarf with the greasiest beard you would ever see, tied into twin beards to make it even more disgusting. It was great. For his talk, well, I just kind of listened how other Villagers spoke and threw in how I think a pirate/stupid gully dwarf would talk in my head. I think it worked out well? (?)

Techs:

Anyone who knew I was a nub, knew because of a few things. First, I didn't know equipment worth a "crud". Second, my specs were very badly picked out. Third, my skills weren't mastered (MISTAKE #1) - I know how big of a difference having parry/dodge/spin mastered makes now.Fourth, my battle skills were quite lacking.

An Immortal tells you '44%'

I think thats simply incredible. To me, thats quite impressive for my first character. Still, I fscked alot of battles up simply because I didn't know the game code well enough. Ah well, thats the breaks?

Why did I delete? Well, I got frustrated. I think people who cross-cabal gangbang are the lowest players in the world. I died to a Warder avalanching and a Nexan disrupting me, while getting stuck in quicksand all in one round - to have my weapons and most of my armor looted. 2 other battleragers died in a span of a second, as well. This frustration is obviously very newbish, so I don't expect much sympathy. However, I still find it very unplayerable (new word!) to be so goddamned stupid with clan wars. Put together, EVERY SINGLE CLAN except Heralds (and maybe even so!) would have a reason to fight the BattleRagers if it suit them. I find this quite absurd. But whatever, thats just my 0.1 cents!

Now to the goodbyes, fashioned after what I usually read here:

IMMORTALS

Khasotholas - DA BOSS! Dood, I cannot thank you enough. I really can't. Come to Canada and I'll buy you a beer and show you how us gully's drink. You gave me a mission when I didn't know what to do, gave me a TAT! when I didn't think Imm's cared, you gave me immteraction and such a sweet role.. I really cannot thank you enough. I'm sorry, SO SORRY that I couldn't last it. I logged in day in and day out, trying to find a good time to rank so I could see what you had awaiting me.... but I failed man, I'm so goddamned sorry. I feel really bad about this (can't you tell?) because I can see how much time you guys put into this game, only to have it messed up with a silly human emotion - frustration. I'm sorry dood. Email me at sarafanpriest@hotmail.com if you want to chat or something, I would love to talk more!

Kastellyn - Talked to very little

Sabiene - Good job! Your a great person to talk to and get inspiration from, I think you would make a great cabal leader and religious leader. You kind of remind me of Princess Di (haha I know, shuddap Jaynus ).

Gherian - You were a very effective Pk'r. Thanks for not taking my things the last time you killed me. Even though I really hated your guys IC, I knew you were experienced and hence - deserved to kick my arse. Good job on IMM'ng, have fun! Don't be so hard on the Villagers now

Grogim - Didn't get to talk to you too much, too bad eh?

Onglaurst - You kind of seemed stupid. But I guess its because you punked me off when I asked you a question. I dunno how minotaurs are played in CF.. but you would be a perfect DragonLance minotaur

Moligant - Haha, congrats on your IMM'ng as well. I didn't know if you thought I sucked so much, but I thought your mafia-style play was hilarious. Great stuff dood. If you wanna chat or something, email me at the above address for sure!

Any others if I forgot, VERY sorry! Reply back and I will *FOR SURE* reply!

BATTLE

Drahkul - Great work dood, too bad you deleted though. I thought you were a great RP'r and PK'r, something to definately look up to. You gave me chances when I really shouldn't have had them and kept me going. Top notch induction.. what else can I say? Thanks for all the fun times and I definately hope to play with you again! )

Stampar - Smelly arial. We talked, but didn't. I dunno how to explain it. Your some sort of beast though, going around eating Quezzumpliet's everytime? Where do you come from?

Feolin - HAR TO YER!! Great character, very happy on your tat! Too bad on disappointing to with deleting, I really think that your going to smack some Nexite arse when you hero! Good luck and keep fighting!

Theaus - Little brother O' mine, almost. We interacted quite alot when I was young, but not enough when I was older. I'm pretty sure your finding it damned hard to play a svirf thief in Battle, but keep at it - I know you'll get it! Rock on!

Gieldon - Thanks for defending me from Ancruhljin that one time on Eastern. You rock dood, I hope to play with you again!

Kugnar - I hear ya missed me when I left for a bit? Don't worry, I'm gonna miss your 'Oi dere dirt face' everytime I logged in. Har har, have some stout for me!

Urgarg, Legedri, Zhabrinyhai, Ezrail - I know your all strong fighters but I never got to really talk to any of you. Sad perhaps, but thats war?

Zylundak - Strong character!

Sayangu - Didn't talk to you, but I'm sure your pretty experienced. Good luck to you

NEXUS

I'm just going to say to you right now that even though I am a newbie and hence, my opinon worthless, I find your cabal very pointless. Seekers of balance? I never saw you do anything other then gangbang Battle. Give me a break. I refuse to give you anything other then this note in my post.

SCION

Cuthul - Interacted much but then you deleted. Yes, I stole your axe then

Ishraek - Thanks for not looting me. Still, ganging me 4v2 wasn't very nice now was it?

Didn't know anyone else?

SCARAB

Ancruhljin - Damn, one MEAN ass bitch! I originally thought you were a newbie like me because.. well, I'm not too sure. I just kind of guessed. How wrong I was. You constantly and consistently wiped the floor clean with me. I give you my respects for being so goddamned tough!

WARLOCK

Fought some of you, no interaction.

TRIBUNAL

Interacted with some of you but forgot how and when/what, please post and I'll reply!

SYLVAN

Tchiwhatever - I found what you did tonight VERY unimpressive. You talked about how good you were to fight 4 ragers, but then again, you fail to see our lack of the head AND your preparation on the matter.

Whomever else, I really don't understand how you can consider a Duergar a defiler. He lives underground, dorks =p. Regardless, I like the idea of this Cabal and maybe will try it out!

FORTRESS

Didn't care for you too much. You did roam around in gangs quite alot

IMPERIALS

Astilamos - Damn, we were sort of arch-enemies for a while eh? You always seemed to have goddamned barrier though.. welp, your still a dork!

Slindarnok, Garandon, other Duergar AP's - Thanks for boosting up my PK ratio!

Tirrarreor - You too!

Others - I usually either fought against you or with you, otherwise - I found your cabal interesting but overfilled. Have fun.

HERALD

Asheziel - Awesome RP'ng, fun times! I wish we could have interacted more, I really tried to make you laugh

Misha - Likewise with you. Email me above to chat if you want!

Darch - Interesting character to say the least..

UNCABALLED

Kertaki - Hehe, my first PK. You always seemed 'around', but it was good knowing you wouldn't be after me. You still around? Well whatever, have fun!

Anyone else, caballed or not, who interacted with me - drop me a line @ my email or here and I will be sure to reply!

To end:

Sorry for making this so big, but I'm semi-excited posting this. I really had a fun time with Kriack, so fun I really didn't want to delete him. I don't think he'll be coming back though, unfortunately.

I took Renewal of Spring, which was to keep me alive - quite crappy in my opinon, definately not worth it. My specs were Axe (dwarves can't go without axes!) and Spear (Found out that dwarves, especially duergar, can go without axes for a while.. to survive?). Berserker of the BattleRager cabal.

My choice of the cabal was actually pretty sad. Simply put, I didn't know any prep locations. As well, I played something similar to a Villager in the other mud very recently so it was quite easy to slide into the role once more. However, I think the odds are stacked VERY high against the Village, and I wish all the "Brudders" the best of luck with fighting the war!

Thanks Immortals for the game, thanks players for playing it with me, and I will DEFINATELY be back! Take care everyone!

----------
<17hp 16m 175mv 21200 civilized> delete
Type delete again to confirm this command.
WARNING: this command is irreversible. You will lose all your limited gear.
You will go into dormancy for a week before actually deleting.
Typing delete with an argument will undo delete status.
If you confirm the delete, this name will be unusable.
You will need to talk to an implementor to use it again.

Time to throw away 162 hours, 44 levels and 393050 experience.

Death tells you 'DON'T MAKE ME COME OVER THERE.'

<17hp 16m 175mv 21200 civilized> cb To da war
Kriack: To da war

<17hp 16m 175mv 21200 civilized> cb G'bye brudders, dun burn ma hut too fast
Kriack: G'bye brudders, dun burn ma hut too fast

<35hp 28m 219mv 21200 civilized> delete
Admitting crushing defeat to the fruit seller, you go into hiding.
You will be able to reactivate by logging this character in again within the next week.
the Destructor: Kriack has left the fray of battle.
Awaiting the hour of reprisal, your time slips away...

Kriack, Axe Swinging, Pus Dripping and Poison Dropping Ally of the Boss.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic[DEL][BATTLE]Kriack the Master of Iron, Axe Swinging Al... [View all] , jaynus, Fri 04-Jul-03 03:10 AM
Reply Ummm..., Ilrahsek (Guest), 09-Jul-03 02:21 AM, #39
Reply No Prob, was just trying to buy you some time to run..S..., Gieldon (Guest), 06-Jul-03 08:50 PM, #36
Reply RE: No Prob, was just trying to buy you some time to ru..., jaynus, 06-Jul-03 09:42 PM, #37
Reply Uhmmm..., Slindarnok (Guest), 05-Jul-03 04:39 PM, #26
Reply RE: [DEL][BATTLE]Kriack the Master of Iron, Axe Swingin..., Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 04-Jul-03 10:48 PM, #21
Reply RE: [DEL][BATTLE]Kriack the Master of Iron, Axe Swingin..., Zylundak (Guest), 04-Jul-03 02:38 PM, #16
Reply RE: [DEL][BATTLE]Kriack the Master of Iron, Axe Swingin..., Theaus (Guest), 04-Jul-03 01:39 PM, #15
Reply Well, glad you had fun., Feolin (Guest), 04-Jul-03 12:14 PM, #14
Reply hahaha, Kertaki (Guest), 04-Jul-03 11:13 AM, #12
Reply RE: [DEL][BATTLE]Kriack the Master of Iron, Axe Swingin..., Khasotholas, 04-Jul-03 09:34 AM, #11
Reply RE: [DEL][BATTLE]Kriack the Master of Iron, Axe Swingin..., Beer, 04-Jul-03 07:52 AM, #8
Reply good and bad to say about Kriack, Grogim, 04-Jul-03 07:01 AM, #6
Reply RE: good and bad to say about Kriack, jaynus, 04-Jul-03 09:30 AM, #10
Reply RE: [DEL][BATTLE]Kriack the Master of Iron, Axe Swingin..., Misha (Guest), 04-Jul-03 06:06 AM, #5
Reply Just my 500€'s, Marcus_, 04-Jul-03 04:41 AM, #4
Reply RE: Just my 500€'s, jaynus, 06-Jul-03 12:02 AM, #27
     Reply Only need one. n/t, Marcus_, 07-Jul-03 03:06 AM, #38
Reply Sad to see you go. n/t, Ikemaksuka (Guest), 04-Jul-03 04:32 AM, #3
Reply Just a few things., Tichniktil (Guest), 04-Jul-03 04:17 AM, #2
Reply the incident in question., Grogim, 04-Jul-03 07:07 AM, #7
     Reply Hrm..okay, but..., Blachmianan (Guest), 04-Jul-03 11:29 AM, #13
     Reply no cheeky intro here, just a reply, Grogim, 04-Jul-03 05:19 PM, #18
          Reply Okay, and my reply to that., Blachmianan (Guest), 04-Jul-03 08:45 PM, #19
          Reply Uhm, no he died near the Sentinel, Wilhath, 04-Jul-03 09:01 PM, #20
               Reply Just noticed., Blachmianan (Guest), 05-Jul-03 07:19 AM, #23
                    Reply RE: Just noticed., jaynus, 05-Jul-03 01:46 PM, #24
                         Reply Question for you., Blachmianan (Guest), 05-Jul-03 01:59 PM, #25
                              Reply RE: Question for you., jaynus, 06-Jul-03 12:30 AM, #28
                                   Reply Hold up, Tich (Guest), 06-Jul-03 01:33 AM, #29
                                   Reply Sorry to burst your bubble., Blachmianan (Guest), 06-Jul-03 07:00 AM, #30
                                        Reply It was inside the cabal, Wilhath, 06-Jul-03 09:29 AM, #31
                                             Reply in some senses it is not inside the cabal, Daurwyn (Guest), 06-Jul-03 03:55 PM, #32
                                                  Reply Come on, Wilhath, 06-Jul-03 04:26 PM, #33
                                                       Reply Huh?, Tichniktil (Guest), 06-Jul-03 04:45 PM, #34
                                                            Reply Forget it, as you were., Wilhath, 06-Jul-03 04:51 PM, #35
                                                                 Reply They won't., Boldereth, 09-Jul-03 04:11 PM, #40
          Reply RE: no cheeky intro here, just a reply, jaynus, 04-Jul-03 11:40 PM, #22
     Reply You're forgetting something, Tichniktil (Guest), 04-Jul-03 04:23 PM, #17
Reply farewell, someone (Guest), 04-Jul-03 03:56 AM, #1
     Reply RE: farewell, jaynus, 04-Jul-03 09:23 AM, #9
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #18774 Previous topic | Next topic