Subject: " Mayaletha D'Lariel, the Past Reborn" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #18726
Show all folders

Maya (Guest)Wed 25-Jun-03 07:05 AM

#18726, " Mayaletha D'Lariel, the Past Reborn"

I decided I'd bow out on a different note this time. Doing a 180 was fun, going from a long line of evil, low roleplaying PKers, to a non aggressive, pure roleplaying elf was like playing a different game. When I started this character I swore not to go out of my way to kill anyone (which I broke towards the very end - sorry Zelon), but I found it continually frustration with the state of affairs between the cabals. If we weren't getting raided by Sylvan, we were raiding them back. I had no choice in the matter, I had to provide my shields, but Mayaletha hated all the fighting. Absolutely hated it. In the end, it all got too much for her. As a player, I didn't know the location of a single prep, didn't know that warrior legacies allow bashing through shields, didn't know the full effects of most spells.. I wanted to act a little newbish, I asked a lot of questions, I never led a group, I always spoke with a soft tone.. It was fun.

This character was inspired by Xaixara. Some of you may remember her. I was searching the web a while back and stumbled upon her website and her role really impressed me and brought back a lot of memories. Mayaletha's background was that she was born towards the end of the history of the Masters Cabal, and was locked in time when it was destroyed. She awoke near Eryn Galen, many years later, not knowing her true past. She was visited by spirits on occassions who hinted to her about how she could unravel her past.. in the end Mayaletha did unravel it and a portal opened up, taking her back to the time moments before she was locked in time (To cut a long story short). I didn't get any IMMteraction, which was really disappointing (for me, I am not disappointed at them). Mayaletha did do one thing for me though and that was give me the realisation that CF is about past memories for me, it's not about making more of them.

Goodbyes:

Gherian, I have to start with you. You were the best. You spoke to me soon after I sent my note and always had your hand on my shoulder, showing me the ropes. Thanks. I really wanted to pay Vaessima back for that stoneshatter she did to you, but I fell short. Sorry.

Seakrou, you eight legged freak! My best friend in the Tower, even though we didn't really do a ton of things together. I wish you the very best.

Synbendorial, I really admire the passion and devotion in you.. and how you'd say something like 'Shields', and then apologise for sounding a bit rude. They couldn't have picked a better Adept.

Itae (I won't bother trying to remember the rest of you name ) you were a good friend to Mayaletha too, it is a pity you saw my final death. Good luck with the crane!

Vaessima, you were too good for me. I hated fighting you for two reasons, one, I knew I'd lose and two, you weren't Mayaletha's real enemy in her heart.

Tiknicktil, same goes for you. I liked how you had the same opinion of the current state of affairs as I did, however we differed on one thing. I loved Gherian, you hated him. I was always going to defend Gherian no matter what.

Akrangol, that was some mean bashing through my shields at the end. Well done. Thanks for not looting anything, it's a pity that looting necro got it all though. Well fought.

Grumby, you were a beast. I never got to fight you, but you sure as hell would have slaughtered me. You stopped my tome summoning for too long

Mehkoa, I really liked you. Suprising because my last character saw you perma'ed with Rogadrain and I killed you for it back in the high 20's low 30's. But with Mayaletha you were awesome. It's a shame we didn't do more together.

Hrmm.. come to think of it, there weren't too many others I got to know. Oh well, that's the life of an invoker. Bum up, head down, learn those spells..

In terms of my spells.. I went 5 affinity for everything except 6 for fire and 4 for lightning. At the end, I had every single spell mastered except noxious cloud (99%) and incendiary cloud (76%). I guess it's time for me to bow out. Have fun everyone, that's what we are all here for!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic<DELETED> Mayaletha D'Lariel, the Past Reborn [View all] , Maya (Guest), Wed 25-Jun-03 07:05 AM
Reply RE: <DELETED> Mayaletha D'Lariel, the Past Reborn, Akrangol (Guest), 01-Jul-03 07:23 AM, #5
Reply That was a bit sudden., Itaeapheqim (Guest), 01-Jul-03 05:35 AM, #4
Reply Umm some questions, Kisrithian (Guest), 25-Jun-03 01:16 PM, #3
Reply sigh, Seakrou (Guest), 25-Jun-03 01:01 PM, #2
Reply Farewell fair one., Avalene (Guest), 25-Jun-03 12:05 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #18726 Previous topic | Next topic