Subject: "The mask falls away...." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137426
Show all folders

TeslineFri 13-Sep-19 09:07 AM
Member since 25th Jun 2010
582 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137427, "The mask falls away...."
Edited on Wed 11-Sep-19 05:07 PM

Sel should be rolled as a beastmaster/ranger and charistma state trainted to 20 so you can eventually take the soothing demeanor edge. you are a performer with the animals that you tame and seek to do so as a Herald. Your origins and role should stem from hamsah mutaaz as you were trained specifically to supply the sultan's bazaar with exotic animals

Character Motivators

Sel is in a constant agony due to his profession and the struggle to maintain the balance in himself. He loves animals he finds and captures but is obsessed by it. It is basically his drug and muse. It is his love and obsession. Any negative feedback of his animal perfortmers will result in that person being hunted. He is both gentle and harsh with his animals. His obsession lead him to become addicted to capturing those of the shapeshifter guild to be his performers. Rejection is met unkindly.

Challenge hints.

You are drawn to a certain shapeshifter that will eventually be revealed to you.

Religion and sphere

Your agony and obsession in regards to your prefession has drawn you to Lord Gaspare. Influenced by the sphere of Love.

This is the character sheet I was give plus the cabal of Heralds.

This was so many firsts for me. First time in Herald. First time getting past 200 hours. First time age dying. First time getting Gaspare's tattoo. First time playing a ranger. I was 1000% outside of my comfort zone playing Sel.

Where do I start?

Cexonza you helped make this character come alive. From the instant Sel saw you it made everything religiously and character wise come together. I'm sorry for the chaos Sel caused throughout his life...he just could never sit still. I really wish I could of finished our plans but time seems to be the enemy.

Gaspare your religion is massively intimidating and relentless amount of fun. You kept me on my toes never expecting what would happen next. Sel would just pretend that he did expect it all. Honestly I would follow you again just not as a Herald. I believe it is a bit tricky to faithfully follow your religion and faithfully be a good Herald. There was always going to be a point where Sel did something out of faith that would get him booted.

Daphedee just know everything Sel did was IC and I had zero frustration when it came to how everything went. Thank you for all the help in trying to teach me to herald. I would have to say it isn't my least favorite cabal but due to my overly aggressive habits as a player it makes it sort of hard.

Kors sorry about bailing on the redemption path but a person can only handle so many direct slaps to the face by goodies before they get upset.

Rahs you really shouldn't of asked Sel to aid. That was like throwing a ticking timebomb into an orphanage and wondering where there was no more orphans. Also thanks for all the talk.

Fortress/Fortress quest/Sel's Redemption

In the beginning Sel was 100% genuine about seeking out redemption. It took hours and hours and hours of in game insults and mistrust without real reason that caused Sel to betray you. The two biggest factors were Aurew and Alfo. Basically 180 hours worth of mistrust caused him to turn on you. That was even after 100 hours of me trying to force it the other way. It started with Sel whole heartedly trying to aid the Fortress after seeing a whole family of good aligns kill themselves due to the actions of the Fortress. Sel brought it up and was told he was trying to corrupt them and that his love was just an obsession. So eventually it pushed him toward what he did. Super preventable but just good aligns looking for evil in a place it wasn't. This created an evil plot. (Sorry for breaking your plot but there was a reason Sel was insistent on aiding)

More importantly I had no intention of having the Fortress be destroyed or talking another character into doing what they did. I was just surprised how it ended as everyone else. (entrapment)

Aurew it was rather sad that we had a falling out mostly because you were helping Sel with his addiction problems and he needed that more than anything. He was also trying to help you with the grief of losing so many people.

Jumbel wish you would of stayed around. I hate villagers with a passion but you were great to have around.

Gorum was rather sad to see you delete so early with everything that happened. You were few of the people he kept close.

Sekpak Sel had a secret hatred of duergars and an open hatred of villagers.

Alfo Plus everyone who gave Sel grief about trying to redeem himself. It is a REALLY bad idea to just massively #### on a person who is trying to redeem themselves. I don't know anyone who would of dealt with that as a person. That is why Sel went the opposite way.

Leitha honestly enjoyed being around you quite a bit. Sorry things went the way they did. This wasn't your fault at all. Sel just had a rough road with the Fortress. I saw you at writhing and easily could of ambushed you to kill you but Sel couldn't bring himself to. He attacked you as a feign attempt to kill you later knowing you would live. Fled out and quaffed home.

Gruntner Thanks for all the help and sorry about the betrayal but Sel was already too far gone by the time he met you. If the Fortress had been a bit more accepting things might of been different.

Herald

Sel knew his time was limited in the cabal due to reasons outside religion. I think I figured this out about around 270 hours and realized I had to make plans for an exit strategy which heavily influenced what happened above.

I'm not entirely sure I'm allowed to reveal anything outside of this. Sel started out overly trusting and rather naive but ended up paranoid and somewhat insane.

Emnon thanks for the character challenge. Hopefully I didn't break your quest line too. It was a lot of fun it just sucks everyone except two deleted once it was done.

Malgren you really did mentor Sel in his early years in the religion. No matter who he was fighting Imperials or not he avoiding attacking you.

Sayra Sel always saw you as a child in the ways of art and tried to mentor you. That is why he was so heartbroken in the end.

Hopefully I didn't miss anyone or anything...I really hate writing...Oh on another note I sort of failed hard on writing roles for Sel.

I've got a single #### to give...and it's just for you.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(AGE DEATH) [None] Sel Drevas the Infatuated Antagonist... [View all] , Death_Angel, Fri 13-Sep-19 09:07 AM
Reply The mask falls away...., Tesline, 11-Sep-19 05:07 PM #17
     Reply Sayra sits upon the snow, playing a sad melody for the ..., Sayra (Anonymous), 11-Sep-19 04:41 PM, #1
     Reply Sorry about that., Tesline, 11-Sep-19 05:09 PM, #3
          Reply Reading your role, Sayra (Anonymous), 16-Sep-19 01:22 AM, #22
     Reply All things die., xyfa, 11-Sep-19 05:08 PM, #2
     Reply Yea I put a lot of effort into not getting booted...., Tesline, 11-Sep-19 05:16 PM, #4
     Reply Global echoes for Sel's death, Gaspare Gnazzo, 11-Sep-19 06:16 PM, #5
     Reply Well done!!!, Gaspare Gnazzo, 11-Sep-19 06:25 PM, #6
     Reply Thank you. You don't know how much that means to me., Tesline, 11-Sep-19 07:17 PM, #7
     Reply RE: The mask falls away...., Daphedee, 11-Sep-19 08:07 PM, #8
     Reply Such a cynical but fitting song. nt, Tesline, 13-Sep-19 07:16 AM, #15
     Reply RE: The mask falls away...., lasentia, 12-Sep-19 06:51 AM, #9
     Reply I liked Flep a lot., Tesline, 13-Sep-19 06:58 AM, #12
     Reply RE: The mask falls away...., Thervryn (Anonymous), 12-Sep-19 02:01 PM, #10
     Reply I do apologize for all the grief., Tesline, 13-Sep-19 07:01 AM, #13
     Reply Great job., Ishuli, 12-Sep-19 06:08 PM, #11
     Reply Personally I believe having a few bad traits makes them..., Tesline, 13-Sep-19 07:11 AM, #14
          Reply I agree., Ishuli, 13-Sep-19 09:07 AM, #16
     Reply Bravo! Good show!, Cexonza (Anonymous), 13-Sep-19 09:08 AM, #18
     Reply Thank you., Tesline, 14-Sep-19 12:43 PM, #20
     Reply The Idea Heist, Gaspare Gnazzo, 19-Sep-19 01:46 AM, #23
     Reply Well done playing out of your comfort zone...., Emnon, 13-Sep-19 07:11 PM, #19
          Reply On the character challenge..., Tesline, 14-Sep-19 12:49 PM, #21
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137426 Previous topic | Next topic