incognitoTue 24-Dec-02 02:33 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13440, "hmm, ok, each point in turn"

>First of all I thought your character was very fishy. It
>didn't seem right when I saw a rank 20 assassin giving
>multiple barrier and shield locations to Lardovian and other
>warlocks for crummy pieces of gear in return.
>
Uh, I had wands I couldn't use. I know where plenty of wands are. I would trade a single wand for gear of any kind. So what. Some mage gets 3 charges of a/b/s, then it is gone. I however get something useful until I replace it.

I traded a wand LOCATION only for the best gear. Eg hammer pendant, etc. I traded with scions as well as warlocks. And guess how many wand locations I actually traded? One! I traded the same wand location to every single person I traded a location with. So I ended up with a full set of very nice gear and only gave away one wand location, which all sides would end up having to compete over.

My "fishy" character mainly traded with Lardovian in the warlocks. This was partly because Lokrin tried to curry favor with cabal leaders to get business. That includes scion leaders too. Funnily enough, I assassinated several of the warlocks under Lrdovian, and also people worshiping in the same shrine as Lardovian, and then I assassinated Faralion (his subsequent character) twice. You can f**k off if you are implying that my character was fishy and carried out out something underhand.

>>a conjie, a shifter, and an invoker. I had agreed peace with the conjie, who was a servant of dawn. I had even warned said conjie when scions and ragers were in the underdark, as I didn't want conjie to die again so soon after dying to me. I decided to illustrate to conjie how dangerous the situation was by sneaking up and whispering something (as many characters can vouch I did without hurting them). Conjie's group gangs me because I am not hidden.
>
>This is not true. The conjurer was Thinfinion and he has
>said you assassinated him before

Yes. I did assassinate him before. In the same place. Then we agreed to peace. I also said that I was watching out for him "because I didn't want him to die so soon after dying to me". Get that chip off your shoulder. I had also been in constant communication with the conjie, talking to him about who else was in the underdark. I had been telling him each time ragers headed down there, on and off, for about the past hour.

and was pretty sure you
>were going to try again. The shifter had said he was 100%
>sure you had him marked

No, I didn't have the shifter marked. Again, my log can show this, from when your group of three walked in on me.

so we decided to go down into the
>underdark and learn at the drow city since we knew you
>couldn't hide in the underdark.

A wise precaution, but I don't believe this because that is precisely where I assassinated the conjie an hour ealier.

> We saw you visible for a
>while and figured you were moving through the underdark and
>we spotted you entering the city a few times and started
>fogging.

Firstly, I had been visible plenty of times in the interim, as I was in and out of the underdark, wilds, and seas.

Secondly, you didn't fog me. I have the log if you are going to be a tit about this. The conjie faerie fired me to start the fight. Something he could only do if I was already visible. I didn't hide after entering the drow city. And you didn't exactly ambush me quicly. I had time to do several things in the meantime. The one thing I didn't do was hide, because it would have defeated my purpose.

> Sorry but we knew you were coming and we were
>ready for you.

I had been telling the conjie what was going on in the underdark since the point of assassinating him. Of course he f**king knew I was around there. And since I wasn't hiding even AFTER entering drow city, don't pat yourself on the back for being so "ready for me".

> You paniced and ran back into the underdark
>which was exactly what i was hoping for.
>

I panicked, yes. Because your servant of dawn groupmate promised peace and went back on his word. Well done. What a plan. What did you expect me to do? Run INTO the city with agro mobs and mob die? But that would imply that you weren't trying to discourage level sitting (which I didn't do anyway), and give me an exp hole instead.

>>Next time conjie, I'll claw your invoker. Had I done that I believe I could have killed your whole group.
>
>Not really, you did try to fight but once I started pebbling
>you kept vanishing and trying to run.
>
I didn't try to vanish once. I would think that one with the experience you seem to have would know that vanishing is not an option in that situation. I didn't try anything other than fleeing, and one quaffing from the room next to the room I was trying to quaf from. By that stage I was already faerie fired, because I hadn't been hiding to start with.

>>As it was, I was so astonished by a servant of dawn breaking his word that I just went brain dead. Anyway, thanks for leaving me some gear.
>
>Actually you went brain dead some time before that if you
>really thought you would have been able to pull of that
>assassination in the drow city.

I had already pulled one off on your conjie friend. Which part of "I wasn't trying to kill anyone" didn't you understand? I wasn't trying to assassinate you or anyone in your group. And many people can vouch for the fact that I sneaked up on them and said things without attacking. so this wasn't going to be a unique occasion.

>I made sure I chased you
>down and killed you to try to discourage you from level
>sitting and trying to perfect assassinate on a servant who
>wouldn't retaliate.
>
I made sure I chased you down...

Was it you leading the group? I wasn't convinced it was. Maybe it was. I won't contest the point, but if not, it wasn't you making sure you chased me down.

Level sitting? I didn't level sit. Perfecting assassinate? I didn't perfect my f**king defenses or weapons for god's sake. On a servant who wouldn't retaliate? I never even attempted to assassinate anyone I had already killed besides Harokatsu, and the servant actually opened the combat between us. Had I intended to level sit, this would not have been a deterrent. And it was the servatn of dawn who started that fight, not you. I'll post the log when I get back after the new year.

>>And remember, assassins you can see can't stalk you. They have to hide to do it.
>
>Which is exactly why we chased you into the underdark.
>
Crap. Had I hidden you wouldn't have been able to start the chase. Since you faerie fired me because I was NOT hidden, it wouldn't have mattered where I was.

It was in the drow city that I was standing not hidden for quite some time. Again, I have the log showing what I did during that time. Endure and eat for starters. Your conjie faerie fired me when I was lagged from endure, and standing visible already.

>>Whoever it was either didn't rank or didn't log on again. Ultimately I just forgot the perpetrator.
>
>Actually he did log on and play for quite a while. He
>heroed with me and we explored almost every inch of the mud.

Let me rephrase then. He didn't log on or rank during a period long enough for me to forget who it was, at least not during my playing hours. I didn't expect anyone to be quite so pedantic.

> I figured he stopped logging on because he got bored once
>we had finished exploring. My guess is he had about 220
>hours or so.
>
>>The invoker was Odonomus. I did intend to take revenge on him, but I could never find him without a group/gang, and then he deleted.
>
>Well its a shame about an hour after you died you gave me a
>tell saying you weren't looking for a fight and basically
>please don't kill me again.

Umm, which part of "I wasn't looking for a fight" didn't you understand again. But "please don't kill me again?". Why would I need to make a request of anyone when I could hide from them? The only reason I can think of is if we happen to cross paths while I was regearing, and I wanted you to be clear I had no hostile intentions at that point, since your groupmate clearly failed to tell you that we had peace before. (Personally, I think he had three and went for a cheap kill in full knowledge that I was not hostile.)

> I played my character for 340
>hours and for you to say you didn't have an opportunity to
>fight me is #####.

Umm, I said I didn't get a shot at you alone. This is true. Don't take offense at what I saw of you. You might not have been with people all the time. That goes without saying. But I never got a chance at you alone. I do have a couple of logs of me taking attempts where I'd only got a couple of stalks off first, because that was the biggest window I could get on you.

> Anytime I approached you, you quaffed a
>transportation potion like that time at kiana rah.

Right. Next time let me fight an invoker in the mountains. That sounds like the ideal opportunity.

In fact, this was the one occasion.

> When I
>asked your groupmates why you quaffed and left them they
>said that you said you were afraid I was going to kill you.

Quite right. Because I was in the mountains. And my groupmates were scions and you were their lackey. I didn't trust them any more than I trusted you.

>To bad you didn't stick around, because I was coming to help
>them rank.

Yeah. I had a terrible time getting to hero. Clearly. And considering you refused peace, am I supposed to trust you to help me in the mountains when you approach unannounced? Reverse our positions. Would you stand and face a potentially hostile invoker in the mountains? Of course you wouldn't, so don't draw silly conclusions from this example.

> I saw you plenty of times when I was by myself
>and stood there out in the open to see if you would try to
>attack me, but you never took the opportunity even when it
>was given to you.

I never noticed this. I only saw you with others, or with others just outside the area with you standing in Galadon. What I said wasn't a criticism of you, it was an observation based on Lokrin's experience. I actually admired you for not exposing yourself. Now that I have read your post you've gone way down in my estimation.

> Based on the way you played your
>character I believe if you really want to fight me you would
>have seeked me out.

I did seek you out, and every time I found you you were with a group, so eventually I gave it up as a waste of effort. Which is pretty much how to deal with every assassin. Make things difficult enough for them, and they'll go find easier prey.

You bested me by not exposing yourself. Nothing else. That in itself is the mark of competence. But you seem to think it an insult.
Your imagined victory over me in the underdark was nothing more than killing a VISIBLE assassin who your groupmate had promised peace to.

Lokrin never broke his word, and he didn't kill people more than once. This was evident throughout his life. Yet you seem to assume that on this one occasion I decided to make an exception and that your cunning caught me out and your skill killed me. And since I still have the log, I know it isn't my memory that is hazy on the details. Especially as it was my first death.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DEL) Lokrin the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 23-Dec-02 05:41 PM
Reply RE: (DEL) Lokrin the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Talin (Guest), 29-Dec-02 02:19 AM, #20
Reply heh. You were a laugh, Lokrin (Guest), 30-Dec-02 11:13 AM, #21
     Reply one more tinsy wincy thing, delata (Guest), 31-Dec-02 06:31 PM, #26
          Reply umm, I don't share prep locations around much, Lokrin (Guest), 31-Dec-02 09:13 PM, #27
Reply Bleh, Anxor (Guest), 27-Dec-02 01:49 PM, #19
Reply farewell Anxor, Lokrin (Guest), 30-Dec-02 11:18 AM, #22
Reply well, all good things come to an end, Lokrin (Guest), 23-Dec-02 06:43 PM, #1
     Reply RE: well, all good things come to an end, ORB, 23-Dec-02 08:00 PM, #2
     Reply Good job, Intronan, 23-Dec-02 09:15 PM, #3
     Reply immteractions, Lokrin (Guest), 24-Dec-02 05:41 AM, #7
          Reply Embarrassing.., Tarnyxil (Guest), 25-Dec-02 04:28 PM, #18
     Reply RE: well, all good things come to an end, Guenrayn (Guest), 23-Dec-02 10:12 PM, #4
     Reply couple of reasons really, Lokrin (Guest), 24-Dec-02 05:21 AM, #6
     Reply Of course .., Tarnyxil (Guest), 24-Dec-02 04:09 AM, #5
     Reply All good things do come to an end it seems..., Airael (Guest), 24-Dec-02 05:57 AM, #8
     Reply RE: well, all good things come to an end, Faralion/Lardo (Guest), 24-Dec-02 06:42 AM, #9
     Reply ahh, the axe, Lokrin (Guest), 24-Dec-02 10:36 AM, #12
          Reply RE: ahh, the axe, Lardovian (Guest), 25-Dec-02 07:49 AM, #15
     Reply RE: well, all good things come to an end, Elrys (Guest), 24-Dec-02 08:46 AM, #10
     Reply I don't remember who is was but, Lokrin (Guest), 24-Dec-02 10:31 AM, #11
          Reply RE: I don't remember who is was but, Odonomus (Guest), 24-Dec-02 01:29 PM, #13
               Reply hmm, ok, each point in turn, incognito, 24-Dec-02 02:33 PM #14
     Reply RE: well, all good things come to an end, Bajula, 25-Dec-02 10:16 AM, #16
     Reply you must have been too nice, Lokrin (Guest), 30-Dec-02 11:22 AM, #23
          Reply RE: you must have been too nice, Bajula, 30-Dec-02 07:08 PM, #24
     Reply Like many, not a character I got to watch much,, nepenthe, 25-Dec-02 02:03 PM, #17
     Reply SORRY bro, delata (Guest), 31-Dec-02 06:15 PM, #25
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #13424 Previous topic | Next topic