Subject: "What's next..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #1110
Show all folders

DaevrynThu 18-Jan-07 01:17 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1114, "What's next..."

It's hard to say what will be next. I haven't decided what I want to work on next, and that's to say nothing of what anyone else wants to work on. Edges to this point have largely been a joint effort of myself, Sebeok, Valg, Amaranthe, and Twist -- everyone on that list being edge ideas, myself also being edge coding, Sebeok also being edge coding and edge infrastructure coding, and Valg and Amaranthe also being echoey stuff and helpfiles. We've got a lot of ideas brainstormed up for a bunch of classes, so picking which ones to do and coding them is the next step for any of a bunch of directions we could go in.

I've got a nice pile of thirtysome healer edge ideas awaiting some attention. I'm not in love with some of the ideas, but there's enough good ones there to make a good start on the coding end while we figure the rest out. We tend to work like that, throwing lots of ideas out and trying to pick the best to go with. A small handful of these were done already for shamans and will eventually be for both or more classes, so that's a nice little head start too.

There's fifteen or so transmuter ideas in the pile already, most of those being mine, therefore awesome, therefore something I'd be excited to work on right away.

There's about as many assassin edge ideas in the pile. Team Foofy Imms (yay, Amaranthe) is both suggesting new ideas there and buffing the rough edges off of some of my suggestions, such as the imaginatively titled but now renamed 'Good At Poison Dagger Guy' edge.

And then, of course, there are always non-class directions entirely, such as general edges, racial edges, or some interesting things the edge infrastructure is designed to support that you haven't seen yet.

This is a good a time as any to disclaim that you pick any edge at your own risk, in the sense that the next day something else might be introduced and you won't get to repick. Sure, we did a big pile of conjurer edges as a package, and I'm liking rolling out these first few classes as a group, but if I get two more great ideas for conjurer class edges tomorrow I'll probably just code them up and put them. This whole experiment is meant to be open-ended like that.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicShamans get Edgy! [View all] , Daevryn, Thu 18-Jan-07 12:04 AM
Reply Yay! OMFGasm, one concern though txt, Larcat, 18-Jan-07 12:59 AM, #2
Reply Shaman revamp, Daevryn, 18-Jan-07 01:03 AM, #3
Reply Damn. I knew it., GinGa, 18-Jan-07 12:59 AM, #1
     Reply What's next..., Daevryn, 18-Jan-07 01:17 AM #4
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #1110 Previous topic | Next topic