Subject: "Decaying High Level Legendary Items" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #24441
Show all folders

ConfusedLooter (Guest)Sat 03-Sep-22 03:56 PM

#24441, "Decaying High Level Legendary Items"
Edited on Sun 11-Sep-22 06:21 AM

We spoke by discord anonymously and prayers.

I looted around the high teens (level 17-19) a couple items in cabal war that were WAY to good for me, but one of those lucky acquisitions.

Both of them did NOT seem counterfeited, but decayed with a message that the closest I can remember it as was:

The SNIPPEDITEM decays into dust.

However,

1) I had the SNIPPEDITEM for a while
2) When I wore it, it SNIPPEDITEM, so seems impossible to be counterfeit.
3) wasn't rot-death
4) I didn't die near or around the time it decayed
5) I'm obviously several levels above 10
6) This wasn't a chromatic fire gecho or anything like that. It didn't happen on death or login/logout.

So then I began to question if maybe the SNIPPEDITEM has limited uses, which I really don't think it did.

Then a couple RL hours later, my SNIPPEDITEM (I believe from SNIPPEDITEM) simply was gone. I scrolled back in buffer, and it also had the same decaying message in simple grey text.

But again, wore it for a while, and then it just sort of rotted a way with the decaying message.

I of course became paranoid that I was doing something wrong, that an immortal was punishing me for looting a high level enemies corpse, and had no idea how to stop this from happening again.

Anyhow, I'd appreciate your help. It could have been a super rare circumstance where maybe the items were too close to level 60 for someone in their teens? Or there is hidden code to stop even those over 10+ from getting too lucky with items?

I'm not sure, bummer of course, but mostly confused.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicDecaying High Level Legendary Items [View all] , ConfusedLooter (Guest), Sat 03-Sep-22 03:56 PM
Reply Seems fine., Ishuli, 11-Sep-22 06:22 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #24441 Previous topic | Next topic