Subject: "Decaying High Level Legendary Items" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #24441
Show all folders

ConfusedLooter (Guest)Sat 03-Sep-22 03:56 PM

#24441, "Decaying High Level Legendary Items"
Edited on Sun 11-Sep-22 06:21 AM

We spoke by discord anonymously and prayers.

I looted around the high teens (level 17-19) a couple items in cabal war that were WAY to good for me, but one of those lucky acquisitions.

Both of them did NOT seem counterfeited, but decayed with a message that the closest I can remember it as was:

The SNIPPEDITEM decays into dust.

However,

1) I had the SNIPPEDITEM for a while
2) When I wore it, it SNIPPEDITEM, so seems impossible to be counterfeit.
3) wasn't rot-death
4) I didn't die near or around the time it decayed
5) I'm obviously several levels above 10
6) This wasn't a chromatic fire gecho or anything like that. It didn't happen on death or login/logout.

So then I began to question if maybe the SNIPPEDITEM has limited uses, which I really don't think it did.

Then a couple RL hours later, my SNIPPEDITEM (I believe from SNIPPEDITEM) simply was gone. I scrolled back in buffer, and it also had the same decaying message in simple grey text.

But again, wore it for a while, and then it just sort of rotted a way with the decaying message.

I of course became paranoid that I was doing something wrong, that an immortal was punishing me for looting a high level enemies corpse, and had no idea how to stop this from happening again.

Anyhow, I'd appreciate your help. It could have been a super rare circumstance where maybe the items were too close to level 60 for someone in their teens? Or there is hidden code to stop even those over 10+ from getting too lucky with items?

I'm not sure, bummer of course, but mostly confused.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IshuliSun 11-Sep-22 06:22 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2146 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24449, "Seems fine."
In response to Reply #0

Nobody can do this to punish you individually.

But there are a number of circumstances that can cause super high level items to decay.

One of them probably happened.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #24441 Previous topic | Next topic