Subject: "Suggestion for mob repop" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3645
Show all folders

KazraelWed 28-Jan-04 04:41 AM
Member since 06th Mar 2003
26 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3645, "Suggestion for mob repop"

I noticed that a lot of areas with multiple mobs that have the same name will repop dead mobs not in the same room that they died in, but in a preset order.
This causes 'bunching' if you kill a mob in an area, but don't kill *every* mob with that name in the area.
Areas that come to mind include the Arial City, drow warrior students in the underdark, spirits etc. A lot of these areas are used for ranking purposes, and if you don't manage to finish the entire set of mobs in one go for whatever reason the problem can gradually compound until the area becomes unusable for ranking until you find a bard to help you out.
I was wondering if this might ever be changed?

Then there are areas that gradually get an extra mob 'added' to a room after a reboot until it reaches a certain number. Usually a pretty big one like 4~6. I'm not sure if it's intended or not, but trollocs in Aridhol and a certain area explore are ones I can think of off the top of my head. Is this effect intended?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ZulghinlourWed 28-Jan-04 12:02 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3646, "Is this effect intended? Yes (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

ORBThu 29-Jan-04 07:01 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
993 posts
#3673, "RE: Is this effect intended? Yes (n/t)"
In response to Reply #1

WHY?

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

SailatinuThu 29-Jan-04 07:46 PM
Member since 27th Jul 2003
115 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#3675, "RE: Is this effect intended? Yes (n/t)"
In response to Reply #2

>WHY?

>That which does not kill us,
>makes us stronger.

I think your own signature answers the question.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3645 Previous topic | Next topic