Subject: "Truss" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3679
Show all folders

kjbroughThu 29-Jan-04 11:20 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3679, "Truss"

Now I don't want this to come off as a whine, I really just want to know what the balance is supposed to be.

Here's the situation. I am bound and trussed. I am backstabbed. I beat down the thief and he flees after 5 rounds. During the fight I was able to do spec skills, dodge, parry, yada yada. I wasn't able to, after the fight, quaff a potion, move, or untie myself. He grabs another thief and they gang me. I don't see how this is very balanced at all. Being totally without the ability to move outside of combat for 6 hours?

Being that blackjack is the setup for this situation, I also have to ask why it is that skills which are much less effective fail so much more. Take a skill like stab for instance. Mastered it fails easily 30% of the time, and you take damage for it. Blackjack has never failed on my current char, and he always wears helms with good ac.

WarAngel

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicTruss [View all] , kjbrough, Thu 29-Jan-04 11:20 PM
Reply heh, Phaistus, 30-Jan-04 02:14 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3679 Previous topic | Next topic