Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectSuggestion for mob repop
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=3645
3645, Suggestion for mob repop
Posted by Kazrael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I noticed that a lot of areas with multiple mobs that have the same name will repop dead mobs not in the same room that they died in, but in a preset order.
This causes 'bunching' if you kill a mob in an area, but don't kill *every* mob with that name in the area.
Areas that come to mind include the Arial City, drow warrior students in the underdark, spirits etc. A lot of these areas are used for ranking purposes, and if you don't manage to finish the entire set of mobs in one go for whatever reason the problem can gradually compound until the area becomes unusable for ranking until you find a bard to help you out.
I was wondering if this might ever be changed?

Then there are areas that gradually get an extra mob 'added' to a room after a reboot until it reaches a certain number. Usually a pretty big one like 4~6. I'm not sure if it's intended or not, but trollocs in Aridhol and a certain area explore are ones I can think of off the top of my head. Is this effect intended?
3646, Is this effect intended? Yes (n/t)
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
3673, RE: Is this effect intended? Yes (n/t)
Posted by ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
WHY?
3675, RE: Is this effect intended? Yes (n/t)
Posted by Sailatinu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>WHY?

>That which does not kill us,
>makes us stronger.

I think your own signature answers the question.