Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #90203
Show all folders

Batman (inactive user)Sat 06-Feb-10 04:30 PM
Charter member

No real complaints.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply You should learn one thing, Beront (Guest), 06-Feb-10 09:41 AM, #5
Reply This really didn't enlighten me to much at all, no offe..., Bertman (Guest), 06-Feb-10 11:11 AM, #8
Reply I know you're crazy/drunk, but this tops the cake., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 06-Feb-10 04:40 PM, #9
Reply I consider myself skilled, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 07-Feb-10 03:55 PM, #10
Reply RE: Glijimees is out. NT~, HammerSong, 05-Feb-10 11:53 PM, #3
Reply I find this message strange, nexan (Guest), 06-Feb-10 06:12 AM, #4
     Reply RE: I find this message strange, HammerSong, 06-Feb-10 11:56 AM, #6
          Reply You can't blame them for doing their job..., NMTehW (Guest), 06-Feb-10 12:40 PM, #7
Reply Why? nt, Dervish2 (Guest), 05-Feb-10 06:59 PM, #1
     Reply Without meaning to start any flamewar, insult anyone, o..., Batman (Anonymous), 05-Feb-10 09:56 PM, #2

Beront (Guest)Sat 06-Feb-10 09:41 AM

#90210, "You should learn one thing"
In response to Reply #0

Villagers are meat. Simple - cannon fodder. I forgot when I saw a really deadly villager who killed actually pk skilled persons. Marcus? Nope. He was deadly against noobs. I had 7 vs 3 against him as Kostyan(+-1). Malakhi? I had 0 vs 1 not to mention all those time when he quited from me. He was really scared. Susbi? Same story. Last deadly villager was Dwoggurd one. Xubetok. I mean. Really. He was the pain in the ass. No, I am not pr another russian. Its just the fact. Now to your problem:

Do you know the healer near the village? Do you know that all this time it was the HIGHEST npc healer in the game? I mean, It could cure poison from blowfish in one attempt in 99% of the time. Do not change it Nep. So your tactic just quaff shield+stoneskin(maybe aura) and hit and run. Villagers can't heal fast. Except defenders and bards. Or just roll empire bard or cloud sword avalanch.

Bertman (Guest)Sat 06-Feb-10 04:30 PM

#90211, "This really didn't enlighten me to much at all, no offe..."
In response to Reply #5

Had nothing to do with needing a healer. I couldn't even HIT the giant. Villagers would wait, just wait there for me. Sophia, one of the untitled ones, spellbaned me 9 times in a row. It was a tad hard.

I've been a Villager, I know the pains and the benefits - But just from my limited, naive, pathetic, and uneducated view: Being a Villager is WAY easier than being a Nexun for me. This includes me being multiple villagers with Ahtieli around.

TMNS_lazy (Guest)Sat 06-Feb-10 04:40 PM

#90219, "I know you're crazy/drunk, but this tops the cake."
In response to Reply #5

>Villagers are meat. Simple - cannon fodder. I forgot when I saw a really deadly villager who killed actually pk skilled persons. Marcus? Nope. He was deadly against noobs. I had 7 vs 3 against him as Kostyan(+-1). Malakhi? I had 0 vs 1 not to mention all those time when he quited from me. He was really scared. Susbi? Same story. Last deadly villager was Dwoggurd one. Xubetok. I mean. Really. He was the pain in the ass. No, I am not pr another russian. Its just the fact. Now to your problem:<

Yeah, no bias there. Other than the fact you mentioned a rager with 30 pks was more deadly then three others who had a combined 900.

You've officially reached the Tyson zone. I can't be shocked by anything you do.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Sun 07-Feb-10 03:55 PM

#90231, "I consider myself skilled"
In response to Reply #5

And Nererial's pk record was pretty good given a lot of what he went through. Marcus killed me quite a few times, because I didn't shirk from attempting retrievals etc.

Occasionally that went wrong because he cranialed me to death at the giant and I couldn't flee in the right direction.

Once he cranialed me to death at the inners because cranial kept knocking me into a resting position and I didn't have the item of gear I needed to escape whilst in a resting position.

Sometimes he got me just because it was close and I was trying to finish him off, knowing that he wouldn't clean out my inventory if I died.

HammerSongFri 05-Feb-10 11:53 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90208, "RE: Glijimees is out. NT~"
In response to Reply #0

This guy had calcified balls. Always willing to make an attempt to retrieve against horrible odds. You were gutsy but never really seemed to have any odds in your favor.

Good luck with the next.

nexan (Guest)Sat 06-Feb-10 06:12 AM

#90209, "I find this message strange"
In response to Reply #3

Because after the 5th time you get cranialed to death by 4 people that you have only a 1 in 5 chance of landing any spells on and the need to land roughly 4-9 to kill them each individually... Mathematically there was no chance to win so it is not bravery it is dumb.

That said when the village takes the key over 40 times in the span of a couple days you need to feel compelled to do something.

I know thror you are critical of villagers spam killing themselves in pointless retrievals (usually against empire). Why would you pull an ahtieli and start trying to reinforce the suicidal behavior of others?

Glij I respect greatly what you did for the nexus cabal in taking the itme to talk with applicants and the fact that you never let the current wild cabal imbalance get to you the way it has gotten to the rest of us. I really liked your rp direction and am sad that you will not be with us. I was kind of hoping in a week or two we could start doing some fun things other then trying to spam retrieve.

HammerSongSat 06-Feb-10 11:56 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90212, "RE: I find this message strange"
In response to Reply #4

I'm not quite sure where you got the indication that this message was condoning his actions.

While I appreciate that he had calcified balls (because there is another end of the spectrum you know) - his circumstances were related more to the numbers game than anything else. Had he a full Nexus cabal to counter raid, he would be a God in my eyes because he's making his cabal actively participate in the cabal wars.

I'm not so sure what the stink about is regarding the Battle cabal. They're actively participating in the cabal wars and the easiest thing for players to do is complain about this? Come on, that doesn't make any sense.

NMTehW (Guest)Sat 06-Feb-10 12:40 PM

#90214, "You can't blame them for doing their job..."
In response to Reply #6

Equally, I'd be really happy if about half of them deleted because it'd go a good way towards sorting out the lopsided cabal wars.

Dervish2 (Guest)Fri 05-Feb-10 06:59 PM

#90204, "Why? nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Batman (inactive user)Fri 05-Feb-10 09:56 PM
Charter member
#90205, "Without meaning to start any flamewar, insult anyone, o..."
In response to Reply #1

Ragers constantly raping me really took away the enjoyment. I've done Ragers. I've done Nexuns.

I would mostly sign in WITH the Key. Nobody would raid until there was a visible PK defender(From my experience, having only seen it from my view - Me). They'd wait until I was on to raid, solely to kill me. I'd get called a ninny for fleeing after failing spells on Ragers. I got called a ninny for duoing rapidly after taking an ANNIH deathblow to the face through corporeal hardening/aura/shield.

Yes, fighting is fun. Yes, the pk is fun. Not having a chance at all sorta took away the fun for me.

"But Batman, why didn't you rank to hero?" Well, I'd start to go rank "VILLAGERS ARE RAIDING", I'd get to a rank location "Villager X just found us here", etc. Difficulty isn't too much of a turnoff, it was just the incessant repetition that killed it for me.

I know I wasn't leadered first for any spectacular PK reason or RP reason. I know I was leadered simply because I was active enough in interviews, didn't mind talking to applicants, and helped lowbies like crazy. I was basically a way for the Imms to not have to totally control Nexus post-crash. I'm not complaining, seriously, if I helped at all I'm happy, I <3 mah cf.

But yeah, there's your summary.
Any questions, axe.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #90203 Previous topic | Next topic