Subject: "(Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of the ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #90146
Show all folders

Ardryll (Guest)Mon 01-Feb-10 05:00 PM

#90146, "(Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of the Virtues"

Three characters back to back in Fortress can get tiring, and with Athtar aftering heroing i spent most of my time semi-afk watching movies just waiting for someone to log on to do something with, or an enemy that was actually bold enough to quarrel some.

I dont know why everyone was always so hesitant to fight, maybe the few heroes out there are just not willing to throw down because they are afraid of losing shinies. Its frustrating.

I really hated losing Ardryll, and I felt like there was so much more to accomplish with him, I wanted to be able to use that as my motivation for my next character, but i was unsure if i wanted to be another Paladin or not.

So along came Arun, Storm Giant double exp spawn who ended up doing alot of solo ranking which sucked because it killed my enjoyment of him quick. I wanted him to be a Arrna/Humbert hybrid with the Polearm to keep players into fights, and the swords to finish them off.

His experience left me feeling like i was walking in someone elses shoes, and the burden of having to gather for even the minimum kind of protections or detect invis made me realize why i dont make warriors outside of the village.

So along came Athtar, He was the new and improved educated form of Ardryll. I thought his beginning role was awesome, and had i chosen a lastname i am sure he would of gotten it after that Enlilth encounter(as everyone else did). But as you read the role, you will understand why this was an elf/human in dwarf body. He grew up completely alone, his origins were unknown to him, (perhaps even a spawn of the gods) and every night he would dream, he would learn, and from this he grew in experience, knowledge and wisdom. He didnt have kin, family, a father or mother, which was why he lacked the dwarven speech and accent.

(The main reason for this, I have spent so much time on dwarves my grammar, punctuation, spelling have gone out the window and i couldnt stand another 6 months of that, when it begins to affect your real life, got to pull back on the reigns)

While Arun was the First squire, Athtar was the first maran. I was as forthcomming about leadership as you possibly could be without verbalizing it blatantly. I think i got Maran the first fifty hours after an incident with a pledge, and how i deemed his actions unacceptable. (Which brought about an amazing amount of hostility from everyone else, to the extent i thought i might of crossed the boundries and ruined my character, but good did come from it).

Athtar wasnt nearly as deadly as Ardryll. (Well that isnt true, there just wasnt as many enemies to explot, and those damn villagers are learning to stay away from any locked rooms when i am around haha) Infact he only died twice to enemies, and then a handful of times to the outlander gangs, and he was nearly full looted everytime.)

Its completely obvious the Outlanders are the old Imperials, Their attitude, respect, approach to every situation is completely #### and i have no respect for any of them. In the first hero days i literally spent my time running away from five outlanders who were trying to corner me.

Meh, whatever, dirt under the rug, everytime i was full looted i came back better dressed then ever, and it was never because i looted myself, and infact i never minded being looted because it gave me a reason to get back into my character and actually give me something to do.

Anyways, to get back to the point of Athtar, i tried to approach thror the first time with the youthful obliviousness that comes from someone who thinks they understand, but is still learning. In otherwords, naive. i didnt want it to be a straight up replacement character, i wanted to be challenged, to be forced to experience things that would make me fall in place with the religion, and not come off as deserving. It is ashame that after i was quested with killing Zinsizin, and after killing him, i got employed and had difficulty to get on during nights to meet with Thror. Again, i think Thror is a standup character and i enjoy every interaction he brings to the mud.

Like i said, i was really gunning for leadership, and i somewhere like 110 maran hours thinking it would happen sooner then later, considering my involvement was waning, my enjoyment of the character from a lack of being able to do anything, and being semi-afk alot i am glad i didnt snag a position, because i dont think i would be able to make this a long-lived character.

Once you get the fullset, and your enemies consist of two-neutral rangers sitting out of the fortress waiting for you to stumble in, and you have explored most places already, and you have no allies because they have all deleted. There really isnt a whole lot for you to go on.

Goodbyes:
Alot of the quality fortress players deleted for the same reason as I am now, you are all stand up characters and for those who remain i hope you are able to enjoy your characters with reduction of douchy-ness on behalf of others.

Lord Thror - Again, always a stand up immortal, I think you are awesome and have alot of respect and admiration for what you bring to the game.
Adekar - You are really pulling your weight for the Fortress, and i appreciate everything you are doing, with Baer having two alternates and preggers, i really didnt see any other fortress imms my entire time there. Actually Over the last three Fortress players i have seen Padwei twice, and Baerinika once, and otherwise it is just you. So thankyou for everything and giving me so much opportunity.

Knacnar: A dwarf paladin's greatest weakness is time, if he cant finish it in ten minutes, hes ####ed, and so you would run around in circles writhing for fifteen minutes until i was forced to sacrifice defenses to seal the deal, and boom, 2-0 for knacnar.

Zinsizin: You, like Knacnar, just didnt have the common decency to lay over and die for me. Have to give credit to villagers, they are wising up to stay out of the cities. That super-powered lightning bolt which finished you off made quite happy haha.

Outlanders/Isceth: You are a complete douche, infact really your entire entourage that logs in with you and out with you can take your moniters and shove them up your ass. I have no respect for players for full-loot completely out of spite. Bal'talon, two sets of dern armor, and all the accessories to go with it and you guys hold onto them just so they cant be used. the Driz/isceth perma, awesome.

Really there was never any other enemies which made it incredibly boring. Incredibly boring.

However, i have accumlated a large enough list i might even brave making a mage now and see if i can get some wands, or become some other menace. Either way, i think i am done with goody players, im tired of being nice, time to become the plague.

I'll see you kids in the field,
Chow.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..., HammerSong, 05-Feb-10 11:52 PM, #38
Reply glad you fell the pain of Tatalus :), an observer (Guest), 02-Feb-10 07:55 AM, #28
Reply Yeah, I sensed a touch of double standards here, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 02-Feb-10 02:15 PM, #30
     Reply RE: Yeah, I sensed a touch of double standards here, Ardryll (Guest), 02-Feb-10 03:07 PM, #31
          Reply I have checked my facts, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 02-Feb-10 05:44 PM, #32
          Reply RE: Yeah, I sensed a touch of double standards here, chushack (Guest), 02-Feb-10 06:47 PM, #33
Reply RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..., Alondarin (Guest), 02-Feb-10 06:13 AM, #26
Reply RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..., Meyvian (Guest), 01-Feb-10 11:37 PM, #21
Reply Oh your a bastard. Will miss ya, Aurilimilis (Guest), 02-Feb-10 05:04 AM, #24
Reply Well, what about me?, Beer, 01-Feb-10 07:31 PM, #6
Reply RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..., Drizirahc (Guest), 01-Feb-10 06:07 PM, #4
Reply And this, varied players and immortals, is why Outlande..., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 01-Feb-10 09:00 PM, #7
Reply RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..., Daevryn, 01-Feb-10 09:14 PM, #8
     Reply RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..., Asyguest (Guest), 01-Feb-10 09:21 PM, #9
     Reply RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..., Daevryn, 01-Feb-10 09:27 PM, #10
          Reply Is this the part where I have a meltdown?, Asyguest (Guest), 01-Feb-10 09:54 PM, #11
          Reply Who was the buddy?, Valkenar, 03-Feb-10 12:17 AM, #36
          Reply Cue massive, stadium rocking applause., Graatch (Guest), 01-Feb-10 09:58 PM, #12
          Reply Huh?, Amused (Guest), 01-Feb-10 10:02 PM, #13
          Reply Commercial Break, Asyguest (Guest), 01-Feb-10 10:13 PM, #14
               Reply It went beyond that, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 02-Feb-10 03:56 AM, #23
          Reply Gauntlets are off, chief., Asyguest (Guest), 01-Feb-10 10:20 PM, #15
          Reply RE: Gauntlets are off, chief., Athtar (Guest), 01-Feb-10 10:35 PM, #16
               Reply I don't think you realize..., Asyguest (Guest), 01-Feb-10 10:39 PM, #17
                    Reply RE: I don't think you realize..., Athtar (Guest), 01-Feb-10 10:48 PM, #18
                         Reply Starwars trolling! GO GO GO! No, seriously..., Arrna (Guest), 02-Feb-10 06:04 AM, #25
          Reply Thanks! nt, w00t (Guest), 01-Feb-10 11:32 PM, #20
          Reply RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..., Kraenesk (Guest), 02-Feb-10 09:21 AM, #29
     Reply You're like the Wolf from Pulp Fiction., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 01-Feb-10 11:18 PM, #19
     Reply Back off, bitch! Mine!! nt, Rayihn, 02-Feb-10 07:07 AM, #27
          Reply Daevryn is secretly dating me, you know. NT, Batman (Anonymous), 02-Feb-10 08:16 PM, #34
               Reply Dude! Why didn't you tell me you were straight! NT, TMNS_lazy (Guest), 02-Feb-10 08:29 PM, #35
                    Reply RE: Dude! Why didn't you tell me you were straight! N..., Rob_ (Guest), 03-Feb-10 01:43 AM, #37
     Reply Finally, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 02-Feb-10 03:26 AM, #22
Reply RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..., Adekar, 01-Feb-10 05:45 PM, #2
Reply RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..., Athtar (Guest), 01-Feb-10 05:57 PM, #3
Reply I agree on the talk, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 01-Feb-10 06:35 PM, #5
Reply I would've fulled you too.., NMTehW (Guest), 01-Feb-10 05:19 PM, #1

HammerSongFri 05-Feb-10 11:52 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90207, "RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..."
In response to Reply #0

Blah! While I saw this character for who it was a mile away, I think you're right - the magic and the overall learning curve of Ardryll just wasn't there.

In fact, I didn't see his leadership come out like it did in Ardryll either (maybe due to the weak PK range).

I don't think I have to tell you but the same character so soon after the purge really won't make anything more enjoyable. It would be like me making another dwarf BattleRager Berserker with the Thror-accent etc. It wouldn't be fun by any stretch.

Either way, good luck with the next. I think you'll end up with something really unique.

an observer (Guest)Tue 02-Feb-10 07:55 AM

#90178, "glad you fell the pain of Tatalus :)"
In response to Reply #0

that drow antipaladin, you know

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Tue 02-Feb-10 02:15 PM

#90180, "Yeah, I sensed a touch of double standards here"
In response to Reply #28

Practically cleaned out after he left them almost their gear, partly because of the many people there at his death and partly because Ardryll chose to loot stuff he didn't want for his offline cabalmates. (Worth mentioning here that Ardryll took the chance to run off and grab the hummingbird pendant that Alimas lost, keeping it for himself when it would be far more useful for Alimas, after Tatalus despoiled it to handle the gang.)

All fine, but don't then turn around and complain about being ganked and looted, given the multiple ganks of Tat.

Ardryll (Guest)Tue 02-Feb-10 03:07 PM

#90181, "RE: Yeah, I sensed a touch of double standards here"
In response to Reply #30

before you jump on the boat of assumption, a few details i would enjoy pointing out for you.

1)I fell to Greachem midranks, (tatalus was above and out of PK). He took the hummingbird pendant, and swordmaster gauntlets. When Tatalus fell, i reclaimed the gauntlets, and sacrificed his unholies. Others looted, and remember in that log there was a bard there who was also looting. Not one of his things went to characters who were not online.

2) When the hummingbird pendants were first Available, I claimed one, Alimas claimed one. When I lost mine Alimas claimed it. When he lost it, I inturn claimed it.

Why is there this mentality that if you had it once it is yours forever? I'm sorry but that is retarded. Lets go whine and complain to cabal mates they owe you and it should be yours. Although with Gujra everytime i claimed the mark after he lost it i returned it to him.

3) Tatalus only ever died once to me. Once. There was no multiple gangs, or at least not from me.

It is also quite different taking usable things that benefit your own chacter, versus an intential spite loot claiming race_only items,
or good_only items from an evil trans/neutral giant.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Tue 02-Feb-10 05:44 PM

#90182, "I have checked my facts"
In response to Reply #31

I know you think it is something personal here, but honestly, it isn't.

Rather than have this turn into some bitter argument on your death thread, feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to explain where I'm coming from on each of these points.

chushack (Guest)Tue 02-Feb-10 06:47 PM

#90183, "RE: Yeah, I sensed a touch of double standards here"
In response to Reply #31

I kept that dwarf mark after taking it from you all the way till the end of the age, never lost it. Simply to keep it from you. Had you not been such a #### I probably still would have kept it, but I would at least have thought about it. Sure people will think I was a bitch but whatever man, on this there's nothing spiteful about it that isn't generated by your own ####. And keeping it was more to keep it out of your or another dwarf's hands. As a priest there's no way someone who isn't holy (or unholy!) should get sanc on a stick like that.

Alondarin (Guest)Tue 02-Feb-10 06:13 AM

#90175, "RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry to see you go. I played a bunch with you in the previous age and with this one as well. I went away a week to get married, and you're dead. Good play. I hope I don't end up having to fight you with your next char, but I suspect I will be.

Meyvian (Guest)Mon 01-Feb-10 11:37 PM

#90169, "RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry to see you go man, you were like the Fort front-man. You sure put up with some #### from the Outlander griefers, so way to keep on trucking through that!

On that issue with the applicant, just to clarify, I wasn't upset about you the player. It was strictly IC. I think the way you handled it was potentially valid depending on your role, just not something that meets approval from my character.

More to say, but I'll wait till I'm gone. I'm trying to hang in there through the sparse hero-range action. We'll see how long I make it!

Meyvian

Aurilimilis (Guest)Tue 02-Feb-10 05:04 AM

#90173, "Oh your a bastard. Will miss ya"
In response to Reply #21

Yea I come back to carrionfields after hearing the purge and all of the people i started with are gone but me and you and you go ahead and delete to?! Not fair buddy! Welp. Good character, dont know who Ardryll was. But! Hey have fun! Will miss travelen all over.

Aurilimilis

BeerMon 01-Feb-10 07:31 PM
322 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90153, "Well, what about me?"
In response to Reply #0

Ovineas was kind of good against you when he'd prep...and kote/kanset would work. Got you running hurt a few times.

But then, you'd be angry of not having foes or those who'd gang...yet I remember that time when I was raiding Ragers and you'd come wrathing my ass while I'd be fighting villagers (Volrath if I'm not wrong) whom might have been in your range.

Twice.

So I kept dreaming to kill you and most likely full loot you.

Oh well. Otherwise I'm sure you were a nice guy.

GLWYN

Drizirahc (Guest)Mon 01-Feb-10 06:07 PM

#90150, "RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..."
In response to Reply #0

You only died in front of me (with Isceth) three or four times, and two of them were simply because you were dumb enough to walk through the same snare trap twice while we were waiting for other people.

I never fulled you.
I never looted much from you at all.
I've never looted and kept a single piece of eq to prevent it from repopping ever in my CF career, which means I didn't do that to you either.

What I did do was never bat an eye with someone else fulled you because I don't like you.

If it makes you feel any better, I did indeed perma my ass off. Things took a #### and the world started over. Obviously, there was a pretty big advantage to be had by getting to hero first and I took it. The fact that I power ranked with someone I know has NOTHING to do with the number of times you got owned or how ####ty you were treated by me or by anyone else. If believing it does makes it easier to hold back the tears, more power to you.

I'm glad you appreciated your full loots as the opportunities to ass#### a dwarf for eq that they were.

Also, I haven't played an Imperial since 2007, so while every other Outlander might have been playing an Imperial pre-purge, I wasn't. I can totally see how you would think so though, because Imperials are gay and you got gayed, so you know, 2+2=4 right? I think you're wrong though.

SEE U IN TEH FEELDS DAWG

TMNS_lazy (Guest)Mon 01-Feb-10 09:00 PM

#90154, "And this, varied players and immortals, is why Outlande..."
In response to Reply #4

NT

DaevrynMon 01-Feb-10 09:14 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90155, "RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..."
In response to Reply #4

>If it makes you feel any better, I did indeed perma my ass
>off. Things took a #### and the world started over. Obviously,
>there was a pretty big advantage to be had by getting to hero
>first and I took it.

You know what? I made a mistake in not acting sooner to do something about it, and I'm going to fix as much of that as I can right now.

The next time I see you guys pull this, I'm not even giving you the talk.

Asyguest (Guest)Mon 01-Feb-10 09:21 PM

#90156, "RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..."
In response to Reply #8

You're in a mood today. Must be the cold.

Seriously though, good. Hopefully if I can't get away with it, neither can the dozens of other people who do too.

DaevrynMon 01-Feb-10 09:27 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#90157, "RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..."
In response to Reply #9

>Seriously though, good. Hopefully if I can't get away with it,
>neither can the dozens of other people who do too.

No one else in recent memory has gotten as far away with it as you did.

But, yeah, I'm going to try to be better about cracking on this #### again. I've gotten lazy about it and no one else has really taken up the slack.

Asyguest (Guest)Mon 01-Feb-10 09:54 PM

#90158, "Is this the part where I have a meltdown?"
In response to Reply #10

Maybe after 24. <3 Jack Bauer.

ValkenarWed 03-Feb-10 12:17 AM
1203 posts
#90186, "Who was the buddy?"
In response to Reply #11

I'd like to know who to hold my grudge against

Graatch (Guest)Mon 01-Feb-10 09:58 PM

#90159, "Cue massive, stadium rocking applause."
In response to Reply #10

My name is Graatch and I endorse this message. You go get 'em Daev.

Amused (Guest)Mon 01-Feb-10 10:02 PM

#90160, "Huh?"
In response to Reply #10

What did he do so I don't ever do it.

Asyguest (Guest)Mon 01-Feb-10 10:13 PM

#90161, "Commercial Break"
In response to Reply #13

Imagine you and me are chums and I get on the chat program and say, "Yo, let's power rank to 51?" and you say "Yar lets do it" and we do.

Don't do that.

If only somebody had had a talk with me.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Tue 02-Feb-10 03:56 AM

#90172, "It went beyond that"
In response to Reply #14

It extended to pk too.

So basically we had:
- You gained an advantage in ranking, by cheating
- You gained an advantage in gear, by cheating
- Not content with the advantage in gear (from cheating), you decided to cheat to pk too.

And when your cheating buddy full-loots/sacs, which you made possible with your cheating, you step back and let him. You are just as responsible for whatever happened to the dead guy as the one actually doing it, if the guy is only dead because of your cheating.

What annoys me is I've wasted edge points taking edges just to kill your cheating asses. Now I don't really need them, but can't take replacements.

Asyguest (Guest)Mon 01-Feb-10 10:20 PM

#90162, "Gauntlets are off, chief."
In response to Reply #10

In case you were wondering exactly where I draw the line, it's right around gechoing me ####ing a corpse and/or being ####ed by a corpse.

It's on like donkey kong.

Athtar (Guest)Mon 01-Feb-10 10:35 PM

#90164, "RE: Gauntlets are off, chief."
In response to Reply #15

Oh no, text insultz, here comes the E-Penis.

Asyguest (Guest)Mon 01-Feb-10 10:39 PM

#90165, "I don't think you realize..."
In response to Reply #16

You think you're responding to a serious post with sarcasm, but what you're actually doing is responding to sarcasm with sarcasm.

It's like whacking two lightsaber together.

Athtar (Guest)Mon 01-Feb-10 10:48 PM

#90166, "RE: I don't think you realize..."
In response to Reply #17

An elegant weapon, from a more civilized time...

Arrna (Guest)Tue 02-Feb-10 06:04 AM

#90174, "Starwars trolling! GO GO GO! No, seriously..."
In response to Reply #18

... I actually like how you've both handeled it here on the forums. Civilized and all.

Even though I agree with the haters of the perma. That damned ranger kept following me around in the underdark (I was low lvl 36-40 something, not in his range.) to loot me when/if I fell to the cavefishers/patrollers/displacers beasts. Which really made me decide to make a built to pwn his ass SEVERELY. Now it won't happen... Ooh well. (I enjoyed the echoes at least.)

w00t (Guest)Mon 01-Feb-10 11:32 PM

#90168, "Thanks! nt"
In response to Reply #10

nt

Kraenesk (Guest)Tue 02-Feb-10 09:21 AM

#90179, "RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..."
In response to Reply #10

Whatever happened to the Old "Bif the Goblin" messages from back in the day with cheaters that you used to use, like where people would trip and fall on Bif's rusty sword.

TMNS_lazy (Guest)Mon 01-Feb-10 11:18 PM

#90167, "You're like the Wolf from Pulp Fiction."
In response to Reply #8

I would kiss you if you lived in Pittsburgh.

RayihnTue 02-Feb-10 07:07 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#90177, "Back off, bitch! Mine!! nt"
In response to Reply #19

w

Batman (inactive user)Tue 02-Feb-10 08:16 PM
Charter member
#90184, "Daevryn is secretly dating me, you know. NT"
In response to Reply #27

He likes me for mah tush :-3

TMNS_lazy (Guest)Tue 02-Feb-10 08:29 PM

#90185, "Dude! Why didn't you tell me you were straight! NT"
In response to Reply #34

i meen srsly wut up?

Rob_ (Guest)Wed 03-Feb-10 01:43 AM

#90187, "RE: Dude! Why didn't you tell me you were straight! N..."
In response to Reply #35

"i meen srsly wut up?"

A ####. In my ass.

Just because I love girls so much.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Tue 02-Feb-10 03:26 AM

#90171, "Finally"
In response to Reply #8

Even without the grape vine you could tell they were an ooc group by the stuff they said ic.

AdekarMon 01-Feb-10 05:41 PM
Member since 01st Jul 2009
102 posts
#90148, "RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 01-Feb-10 05:45 PM

>Adekar - You are really pulling your weight for the Fortress,
>and i appreciate everything you are doing, with Baer having
>two alternates and preggers, i really didnt see any other
>fortress imms my entire time there. Actually Over the last
>three Fortress players i have seen Padwei twice, and Baerinika
>once, and otherwise it is just you. So thankyou for everything
>and giving me so much opportunity.

Thanks, and I hope you had some fun with Athtar! I know you were really gunning for leadership, and to be honest it was coming, so I'm glad you jumped ship if you weren't having fun! You did a good job of mixing PK success with RP and interaction for all characters. I'm sorry if I didn't seem interested in talking sometimes, but since I'm always visible it's hard to get much work done and keep up interactions with all the people that can be talking to you.

There were a few things that put me off on the character a little. First, that it seemed pretty obvious you were Ardryll to me and I didn't feel like enough time had passed. I can understand wanting to pick up where you left off with him though. Second, you were pushing just a little too hard for leadership for my tastes and coming off as a little bossy sometimes. It's a fine line between showing you'd be a capable leader and annoying the people you want to lead, and it can be different for everyone. Finally, the way you talked about enemy characters disparagingly, while it can be within your RP, just turned me off a little because it reminded me a bit too much of the offline trash-talking you can read on the forums.

Anyway, just some things for you to think about for your next characters. Athtar was a good character, and you were made Maran not because of the incident, but just for doing pretty good all around. I definitely agree with you thinking it's time for you to play something different and slaughter all of those people you interviewed

(edited to make it clear I liked your character, heh)

Athtar (Guest)Mon 01-Feb-10 05:57 PM

#90149, "RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..."
In response to Reply #2

I didnt want to jump ship, but i spent so much time semi-afk because i had nothing to do made everything so boring. I like a challenge, and i hate heroing to fast because it removed alot of that (lack of heroes).

I stopped enjoying playing the character awhile ago, and the over bossy-ness was intential, not me just being a douche or replacing ardryll. Like i said, i was trying to be a semi-different character, but eventually learning to embrace the role that Ardryll had.

First he had to be naive, then to learn from that and become overconfident and view himself as the reflection of what it means to be a Maran. Then learn humility and find a balance.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Mon 01-Feb-10 06:35 PM

#90151, "I agree on the talk"
In response to Reply #2

I got the same vibe from the talk. It felt worse coming from a paladin (although not as bad as it would have felt coming from a non-dwarf paladin).

If that was cut out, the character would have been ten times better in my eyes. Unfortunately though, that kind of talk turns someone from a cool char that is tough in my eyes, to someone I just dislike being around.

NMTehW (Guest)Mon 01-Feb-10 05:19 PM

#90147, "I would've fulled you too.."
In response to Reply #0

You were like some kind of lame duergar in a paladin suit who couldn't give a #### about the code from what I could see.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #90146 Previous topic | Next topic