Subject: "(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Lariya the Ironhearted Bane of the Da..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #34710
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 04-Feb-05 01:28 PM
Member since 03rd May 2024
16828 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34710, "(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Lariya the Ironhearted Bane of the Damned, Talon of the Phoenix"

Sat Jan 29 18:56:35 2005

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Lariya perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:770

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Random note:, Valguarnera, 04-Feb-05 04:50 PM, #76
Reply I just posted something on the other forums..., Nightwiggler (Guest), 04-Feb-05 06:10 PM, #78
Reply Oh just rub it in you jerk..., dwimmerling, 05-Feb-05 01:15 AM, #79
Reply Never thought of that! but you sure are right., Bajula, 05-Feb-05 10:04 AM, #83
Reply Not disagreeing with you, Kardok (Guest), 07-Feb-05 03:05 PM, #85
     Reply RE: Not disagreeing with you, Aiekooso, 07-Feb-05 07:30 PM, #86
          Reply Hmm, yep., Nightgauntish (Guest), 07-Feb-05 07:44 PM, #87
               Reply RE: Hmm, yep., Aiekooso, 08-Feb-05 04:52 PM, #88
Reply Well.., Lariya (Guest), 04-Feb-05 07:01 AM, #72
Reply RE: Well.., Sgralnaoc (Guest), 04-Feb-05 02:12 PM, #73
Reply I think we..., Big_Strong (Guest), 04-Feb-05 02:49 PM, #74
Reply Well I'm damn glad your gone, Iborenn (Guest), 04-Feb-05 03:08 PM, #75
Reply The only interection I ever had with Lariya..., Nightwiggler (Guest), 04-Feb-05 06:04 PM, #77
Reply RE: Well.., Rom (Guest), 05-Feb-05 02:41 AM, #80
Reply It was a pleasure., Urog. (Guest), 05-Feb-05 03:33 AM, #81
Reply RE: Well.., Jirash (Guest), 05-Feb-05 07:38 AM, #82
Reply RE: Well.., Goronik (Guest), 05-Feb-05 02:02 PM, #84
Reply RE: (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Lariya the Ironhearted Bane of th..., Blobqirt. (Guest), 01-Feb-05 09:15 PM, #51
Reply Someone parrying her attacks when she was prepped., Log Request (Guest), 01-Feb-05 03:24 PM, #44
Reply Just curious, but why does..., Thief, 01-Feb-05 10:34 AM, #33
Reply I'd say draw your own conclusions as the imms aren't go..., Randomposter (Guest), 01-Feb-05 12:14 PM, #37
Reply The Staff defend those who deserve it, var gal (Guest), 01-Feb-05 02:25 PM, #42
     Reply thank you!, shokai, 01-Feb-05 04:08 PM, #46
          Reply I'll add:, Valguarnera, 01-Feb-05 05:20 PM, #47
          Reply I tend to agree., EskelianUnreg (Guest), 01-Feb-05 06:05 PM, #48
          Reply To clarify..., EskelianUnreg (Guest), 01-Feb-05 06:09 PM, #49
          Reply RE: I tend to agree., Gunderg (Guest), 01-Feb-05 09:36 PM, #52
          Reply Sometimes I think I'm the only one who gets the Imm's s..., var gal (Guest), 01-Feb-05 07:07 PM, #50
          Reply Public executions are all the rage! Dontcha know?, Pro-man (Guest), 02-Feb-05 11:08 AM, #53
          Reply Honestly:, Balrahd. (Guest), 02-Feb-05 12:57 PM, #54
          Reply RE: Honestly:, Valguarnera, 02-Feb-05 01:21 PM, #55
          Reply Accept when..., (NOT Pro), 02-Feb-05 08:38 PM, #60
          Reply Yeah yeah. except. i know. n/t, Pro-man. (Guest), 02-Feb-05 08:44 PM, #61
          Reply And what's more., Pro-man (Guest), 02-Feb-05 08:58 PM, #62
               Reply RE: And what's more., Rom (Guest), 02-Feb-05 09:54 PM, #63
                    Reply I was thinking SMUG was someone else., Pro-Man (Guest), 03-Feb-05 12:26 PM, #68
          Reply I didn't make my point clearly it seems., (NOT Pro), 02-Feb-05 08:31 PM, #58
          Reply Regarding "colour" and "honour", Daurwin (Guest), 02-Feb-05 05:16 PM, #56
               Reply RE: Regarding, Rom (Guest), 02-Feb-05 05:38 PM, #57
                    Reply The Correct?, (NOT Pro), 02-Feb-05 08:34 PM, #59
                         Reply RE: The Correct?, Rom (Guest), 02-Feb-05 10:28 PM, #64
                         Reply That's bad spelling, incognito, 03-Feb-05 06:56 AM, #66
                              Reply Grhm. Yo shold say... nt, DurNominator, 03-Feb-05 07:24 AM, #67
                         Reply RE: The Correct., Mr. Diction (Guest), 02-Feb-05 10:30 PM, #65
          Reply Yep, Guilty!, Vynmylak, 03-Feb-05 08:41 PM, #69
          Reply Its good to see you're still around., Der-exal (Guest), 03-Feb-05 09:40 PM, #70
          Reply Nice post, but..., Koe (Guest), 04-Feb-05 04:27 AM, #71
Reply Lariya log, Old necro (Guest), 01-Feb-05 12:41 AM, #32
Reply A Great Log, Dupayne (Guest), 31-Jan-05 08:55 PM, #25
Reply Request: RP logs, Crummy rper (Guest), 31-Jan-05 01:53 PM, #8
Reply Misinformation. n/t, Grurk Muouk, 31-Jan-05 01:55 PM, #9
Reply Asking for logs..., Enbuergo1 (Guest), 31-Jan-05 02:20 PM, #10
Reply He said that Lariya had like 4 virtues..., var gal (Guest), 31-Jan-05 02:44 PM, #12
     Reply Lariya did have three or four virtues., Enbuergo1 (Guest), 31-Jan-05 02:51 PM, #13
          Reply ???, shokai, 31-Jan-05 04:49 PM, #16
               Reply Why are you getting defensive?, Enbuergo1 (Guest), 31-Jan-05 05:13 PM, #17
               Reply I don't think he's so much defensive as annoyed at the ..., Vladamir, 31-Jan-05 06:05 PM, #20
               Reply My request was to see logs., Enbuergo1 (Guest), 31-Jan-05 07:51 PM, #22
                    Reply Firstly, I didn't put any words in your mouth., Vladamir, 31-Jan-05 09:40 PM, #27
                         Reply Show me where I used the word 'demand'~, Enbuergo1 (Guest), 31-Jan-05 10:25 PM, #28
                              Reply A less inflamitory title than I originally wrote..., Vladamir, 31-Jan-05 11:01 PM, #29
                              Reply I think the problem is that there is an implied "undese..., Theerkla, 01-Feb-05 11:16 AM, #35
                                   Reply If I sound overly aggressive, Enbuergo, 01-Feb-05 01:14 PM, #41
                                        Reply Nuh uh buddy boy..., Vladamir, 01-Feb-05 03:23 PM, #43
               Reply well.., shokai, 31-Jan-05 08:03 PM, #23
               Reply RE: Why are you getting defensive?, nepenthe, 31-Jan-05 09:15 PM, #26
                    Reply My original response was to the 'misinfo' flag., Enbuergo1 (Guest), 31-Jan-05 11:34 PM, #30
                         Reply The question itself had misinfo in it. nt, Vladamir, 31-Jan-05 11:41 PM, #31
               Reply You realize nothing you can say is going to actually ch..., Vladamir, 31-Jan-05 06:15 PM, #19
               Reply RE: You realize nothing you can say is going to actuall..., shokai, 31-Jan-05 08:19 PM, #24
               Reply RE: You realize nothing you can say is going to actuall..., Vladamir, 31-Jan-05 09:49 PM, #34
               Reply RE: You realize nothing you can say is going to actuall..., Evil Genius (Anonymous), 01-Feb-05 12:37 PM, #38
               Reply This is why I hate Lichs., Random guy (Guest), 01-Feb-05 11:17 AM, #36
                    Reply I like when we have the occasional unstopable Bad-Azz., Pro-Man (Guest), 01-Feb-05 12:50 PM, #39
                    Reply Seconded. nt, Nivek1, 01-Feb-05 01:07 PM, #40
                    Reply Just some problems here..., Vladamir, 01-Feb-05 03:30 PM, #45
               Reply Well, not really...., Pendragon (Guest), 10-Feb-05 03:05 PM, #89
Reply Perhaps you could be less vague with your post Grurk?, DurNominator, 31-Jan-05 02:40 PM, #11
Reply Well for one thing she didn't have four virtues. nt, Vladamir, 31-Jan-05 05:44 PM, #18
Reply I'm pretty sure.., Grurk Muouk, 31-Jan-05 03:30 PM, #14
     Reply I'll stick with him on that one and go as far as to say..., Drag0nSt0rm, 31-Jan-05 04:10 PM, #15
Reply Who cares? Just drop the whole thing, it doesn't matter..., Eskelian, 31-Jan-05 06:40 PM, #21
Reply RE: (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Lariya the Ironhearted Bane of th..., thornheart, 31-Jan-05 10:10 AM, #7
Reply Woo! The Demon elf is gone!, Iborenn (Guest), 31-Jan-05 09:58 AM, #6
Reply I stand in awe., Bajula, 30-Jan-05 10:23 PM, #5
Reply Scarier than hell, kas, 30-Jan-05 01:18 AM, #3
Reply What it was like fighting Lariya., Mek (Guest), 29-Jan-05 09:34 PM, #2
Reply What it was like fighting Lariya, Rom (Guest), 30-Jan-05 03:16 AM, #4
Reply A legend has fallen nt, CF fan (Guest), 29-Jan-05 09:30 PM, #1

ValguarneraFri 04-Feb-05 04:50 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34900, "Random note:"
In response to Reply #0

It's probably a good omen for game balance that there is a spirited discussion about the overpoweredness of elf two-hander paladin.

(As for the "But Lariya had virtues!" crowd, Lariya whooped a lot of ass before receiving a fairly late-in-life third virtue. If elf paladin whooped on you, it wasn't the virtues.)

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Nightwiggler (Guest)Fri 04-Feb-05 06:10 PM

#34906, "I just posted something on the other forums..."
In response to Reply #76

Saying how I feel cf is very balanced now, which I like. I never felt like a pushover with the elf warrior I just played.

That said, Lariya between Virtues and area knowledge etc is hardly a good example of that.

Not hating on you, but any class, played to its fullest potential is going to kick some ass. Give Nep in his prime (or now probably) a healer and he is probably going to get more pks than I will with any char.

Your *general* elf two hander is not going to inspire such debates.

All that being said, I love the fact that cf is damned balanced now. There are very few chars, past 25 or so, that anyone can just generally assume are pushovers now.

dwimmerlingSat 05-Feb-05 01:15 AM
216 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#34913, "Oh just rub it in you jerk..."
In response to Reply #76

I'm kidding.
Like I could play an evil.

BajulaSat 05-Feb-05 10:03 AM
929 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34918, "Never thought of that! but you sure are right."
In response to Reply #76
Edited on Sat 05-Feb-05 10:04 AM

I was told after Dimion 'You will be looked at as
having an impressive accomplishment with your first hero
having been an elven paladin'. or something along those lines.

Thinking on it, this thread shows alot of good stuff, even with
the people who think she was overpowered.

Now I have this nice warm feeling... and an urge to race into
pk range with a new character and go kill something.

Kardok (Guest)Mon 07-Feb-05 03:05 PM

#34995, "Not disagreeing with you"
In response to Reply #76

I can see why people would naturally assume Lariya to be overpowered. Her tactics and strategies were very similar to other paladins I fought with Kardok, she just hit so much harder than anything I saw other than her. When I looked at her and saw that she wasn't that well equiped and was hitting me for 3 MASSACRES on a strike of faith through protect, shield, stone skin, and invoker shields, in my head I go through the possible ways that she could be accomplishing this.
1- Extreme High damroll through eq, which she didn't have
2- Leader Weapon (most probably)
3- Some paladin skill or supplication I don't know about
-Fairly probably, as I don't know too much about paladins, except for that no other I ever fought against has hit me nearly as hard.
4- Some quest skill or supplication just for her that I don't know about
-This is the one that most people assume, but either way, she recieved something special that allowed her to hit so hard.

I am by no means saying Lariya lacked in talent at all, I am just going through what was in my head as I was getting hit so hard. I should point out that this is not through bitterness, as neither of us killed the other one, if anything, I came out on top of her by raiding and taking the Scepter when she was defending (Though I ran back to the ruined city to heal five times) With Kardok preparred, I could usually handle any groups of two or three, but Lariya whooped me alone, and only because she hit so hard on her strike of faith, which to my recollection (This was a year ago) was all that she ever did to me. I am not one to call anyone overpowered, I am just explaining how a reasonable person could come to such a conclusion when viewing Lariya.

AiekoosoMon 07-Feb-05 07:30 PM
Member since 18th Dec 2003
305 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#35005, "RE: Not disagreeing with you"
In response to Reply #85

There was a reason Lariya hit so hard. Without going into too much detail, I'll say it had very little to do with the virtues and cabal powers.

Nightgauntish (Guest)Mon 07-Feb-05 07:44 PM

#35006, "Hmm, yep."
In response to Reply #86

If the imm_char flag is set to true it hurts.

Hrm, or the eq?

AiekoosoTue 08-Feb-05 04:52 PM
Member since 18th Dec 2003
305 posts
#35044, "RE: Hmm, yep."
In response to Reply #87

A certain piece of eq helped a bit.

Lariya (Guest)Fri 04-Feb-05 01:28 PM

#34888, "Well.."
In response to Reply #0

It was inevitable I guess. RL reared it's ugly head and I just didn't have time to play it out. I wish I could have age-died, but after a few logins just to keep her alive I decided just to give it up, and if she goes, she goes.

I interacted with a ton of people, and I'll make some attempt to remember them here. If I forget you, it's been awhile, but I'll try to peek back here to respond. If I fought you, talked to you, got killed by you, raided with you, you made this game fun for me. The imms get a lot of credit, but the players deserve just as much. We wouldn't have the game without the imms, but the game wouldn't be as fun without the players. You guys both deserve a lot of credit. One more thing, I'm not getting involve in any flame or pissing matches. I'm ignoring that mess below, and anything else of that nature.

Fort:

Vorondel: You were the best. You were fun to talk to, and we sure put up some monster defenses in our time. We'd be outnumbered, and still manage to come out alive and dent them pretty good. It just seemed like we made a good team. We'd make a plan, and stick to it perfectly. Though that time I killed you was by far my most moronic moment. I still can't believe I did that.

Calisha: You were awesome. I had two favorite Calisha moments. The first...we were walking through Balator, and a mace/axe spec minotaur jumps you. Now according to all that popular lore, they should have whaled on you. You kicked their ass in hard, and I didn't help you at all except for maybe a heal near the end when the kill had been sealed. The second was when we made our plot to try to spy and weed out the Talia people. You eavesdropping on me talking to Llauriele was fun. Too bad that didn't really go anywhere, woulda been fun to find a way to expose the Talia thing.

Jirash: You were a hearty bastard. I felt bad for you though, I always made my worst mistakes around you, and ended up getting you killed. The worst was when we charged the palace, I didn't sanc any of us, we both get jacked and raped. Not a shining moment.

Illademn: You weren't Fort, but you should have been. We ranked up together, fought together until you finally bit it. You were a good ally, but having to defend with you was irritating since you couldn't go inside to help.

Remorhez and Jdenskyn: That time we ended up killing ourselves in Corte was classic. The interactions that ensued were among my favorite with Lari. You guys were great.

Enemies:

Goronik: My favorite, by far. We fought all the time, and the conversations were great. Lari had a lot of respect for you on all ends. It was one of those, "If we weren't enemies, we'd probably be good friends" situations.

Yanacek: You had presence. You'd show up and the whole Fort would be buzzing, trying to find out where you were. We only fought a few times, mostly because I tried to avoid you where you'd be the strongest, and I think you tried to avoid me where I'd be the strongest. It would've been interesting on either one I think though. I don't think anyone instilled as much fear as you.

Ghuljun: Ow. You were interesting. The whole no zombie thing was a neat twist, and you sure didn't need them. One slight tip...don't worry about eyes so much and try to blind. I'm an elf, sap my pathetic strength.

Severacen: (Not sure I spelled that right) You...were crafty. I was pretty confident against your forms, but you'd always try the things nobody else did. Zap me with a wand, try to word me as I fought the inners. Your retrieval technique was insanely irritating, but very effective. We couldn't go very far, because you'd get it back. All we had to do was show up and you'd bolt. But it definitely kept us in check. We had a few fun talks too.

Khalizad: Ow. You hit hard, and I always had insanely good luck around you with my escapes, it was uncanny.

Varik: (Not sure I got that right) You were kind of like Goronik in a way, always up for a fight, and always stuck it out to the end. You wouldn't fully pull out until you were battered and spent.

Urog: We had a lot of fun talks. Lari kinda was hoping she'd be able to turn you, but I figured that would never happen. I hated fighting thieves though. They were always so all or nothing. They could either seriously screw me, or they weren't much. You saw that when you killed me that one time.

Szordrin: You've posted that kill a lot now, but I will say this. Sometimes you lose a fight and think, "That was dumb, if only I'd..." That time I lost and I thought, "Wow...that guy just plain nailed me. I had zero room there, and he just got me good" That was smooth, damn smooth.

I'm sure I'm missing a ton of people. I have some logs laying around somewhere I might post. It was fun though.

Sgralnaoc (Guest)Fri 04-Feb-05 02:12 PM

#34894, "RE: Well.."
In response to Reply #72

You scared me when I saw you fight, yet you were always willing to try to help out with something or other. Sorry RL had to get in the way, hope you come back and enjoy your next, and make as much of an impact.

Big_Strong (Guest)Fri 04-Feb-05 02:49 PM

#34895, "I think we..."
In response to Reply #72

Heroed together, or we did within a day or so of eachother. It was fun saddling up and raiding other places, or running mock invasions at the fort. I enjoyed everything we got to do together, and yeah, you were a beast . No denying that. Thank god you were a beast that big strong could look up to and try to be like, instead of one that I had to rethink strategies for. Anyway, it was good going and good knowing, good luck with your next if you ever find the time to come back to us.

Jaedren

Iborenn (Guest)Fri 04-Feb-05 03:08 PM

#34896, "Well I'm damn glad your gone"
In response to Reply #72

No more, #### that damn elf is on.
I am happy to no longer worry about being two rounded by eating four ***DEM's to mangles through resist in the first round then three ***DEV's from your Strikeoffaith
I have no idea about your RP you seemed to have a honor thingy going cause you'd leave me the hell alone when everyone else was doing a fine job of kicking me around
Props on the char, even if you did drop madly sick damage.
Hopefully you'll be on my side next time, *Please?*

Nightwiggler (Guest)Fri 04-Feb-05 06:04 PM

#34905, "The only interection I ever had with Lariya..."
In response to Reply #72

Was with my one attempt at a paladin, elf that never made it past 20 or so, I took a wrong turn and ended up in Thar Acacia, and Lariya was one (this is while you were fort leader AFAIK) and you came and sanctified and worded me.

I thought it was very cool of you, anyways.

Rom (Guest)Sat 05-Feb-05 02:41 AM

#34915, "RE: Well.."
In response to Reply #72

Thought you could have possibly worded instead of fleeing that first time, since I had no way of cursing you. Would have liked to nail you with Etarekoth but our playing times didn't seem to mesh so well, plus you were hard to stalk for an extended amount of time (yay for virtues!). The only way I thought of doing it would be to pin you down while someone else was raiding, thereby forcing you to defend and give me the stalk time I needed. Not sure if you remember, but I got that opportunity once with Kwalin raiding with a/b/s, I had 8 stalks, 100% assassinate and was wielding iron, sitting 1 room south of the Watcher spamming assassinate and got a partial miss when you fled into that room, thats just how it goes. Anyway, as I posted on the other forums, this whole thread reminds me of one of Valg's posts from ages ago where he says that some players have a hard time going up to the guy who just scored the winning goal from the other time after the game, shaking his hand and saying 'Good game'. Well,

Good game,
Rom.

Urog. (Guest)Sat 05-Feb-05 03:33 AM

#34916, "It was a pleasure."
In response to Reply #72

Running into someone of your calibre roleplay and PKing ability was truly a fun experience. I'd always look forward to our encounters (usually in places where I could hide if need be), and you've always kept me on my toes not just in battle but in speech. If I was a better roleplayer and you were perhaps drunk, I'd have married you a la Istendil as I'd have liked, but that would have just led to a rough honeymoon.

Aside from Urog's encounters, I've known you with two other characters and have seen nothing but stellar ability from you. I've seen you rise from the ashes after a tough defeat and jump right back into the mix, usually getting the job done. I've seen you naked and frustrated after leading you to a cold, dark place and watched you act just as paladin-ly as elvenly possible.

All in all, players like you are a true asset to Carrion Fields, so try not to let the selfishness of your real life interfere with the good of the MUD, alright?

Best of luck,

-Urog

Jirash (Guest)Sat 05-Feb-05 07:38 AM

#34917, "RE: Well.."
In response to Reply #72

Yeah... about that time. I had a nagging feeling we had
forgotten something, but couldn't pin down what :P

Was fun to fight alongside you the few times we got an
opportunity to even if it sometimes felt like I could just as
well have sat back and watched the show with some popcorn
while you were slicing up baddies.

Good char, you lasted a lot longer than I first thought when I
saw that [42 Elf Pal] Lariya coming into my PK range for the
first time.

Good luck in the fields, hopefully we'll run into each other
again sometime.

Jirash

Goronik (Guest)Sat 05-Feb-05 02:02 PM

#34921, "RE: Well.."
In response to Reply #72

I can't believe you went on so long after I died. *chuckles* I had a great time talking and fighting with you too, even if the only times I got close to killing you were when you were linkdead or when a Herald spammed cease. And yes, you had a virtue that stacked the deck against me... but so did other paladins, and they weren't as much trouble as you. I've played two short-lived characters since then, but mostly life has been going on instead. You were strong and intelligent, for a blind fool anyway. *winks*

Send me an email if you like, my email address is tralish@yahoo.com and if you don't, I hope everything in RL smoothes out and goes great for you.

Be well.

Blobqirt. (Guest)Tue 01-Feb-05 09:15 PM

#34818, "RE: (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Lariya the Ironhearted Bane of th..."
In response to Reply #0

I really liked Lariya when I was playing Golron. You were really great to have around. If I ever had something I was a little unsure of, or just wanted a sounding board, I knew you would help me out.

It's a shame that such a great character auto'd, but considering you gave up Marshall because of lack of time (or so I heard) then this probably isn't too big a surprise. But I can say it would have been nice if you age died, or maybe con died.

All up I really liked Lariya, and hope you make another great character like her. Luck with whatever you do.

Blobqirt

Log Request (Guest)Tue 01-Feb-05 03:24 PM

#34805, "Someone parrying her attacks when she was prepped."
In response to Reply #0

Seemed off the charts powerful.

ThiefTue 01-Feb-05 10:34 AM
Member since 05th Dec 2004
75 posts
#34785, "Just curious, but why does..."
In response to Reply #0

Lariya have all these immortal defenders right off the bat? Could Lariya the player possibly post something? This is the first time I have seen immortals get into such a tizzy to protect a mortal character. Just wondering if we can hear from the actual player.

Randomposter (Guest)Tue 01-Feb-05 12:14 PM

#34790, "I'd say draw your own conclusions as the imms aren't go..."
In response to Reply #33

I know what I believe and believed before she deleted
Good player, Great Rp, -AMAZING- Explore knowledge.

var gal (Guest)Tue 01-Feb-05 02:25 PM

#34801, "The Staff defend those who deserve it"
In response to Reply #33

I have seen many cases where the Immortals will defend a mortal from pointless flaming and speculation.

If I were a staff member, I too would be quick to put down rumour and #### simply because the character was very well played.

shokaiTue 01-Feb-05 04:08 PM
519 posts
#34807, "thank you!"
In response to Reply #42

I'm going to sort of blanket address this entire thread here, but before I did, I wanted to thank you for actually seeing what was going on and not leaping at shadows.

This thread has become horrifically messy, and the sad thing is...it's indicitive of why we imms pull out our hair and players roll thier eyes and leave. I've been meaning to address this for some time now and, Lariya forgive me, this thread is just too perfect a segue to let it pass.

This thread worked something like this:

Poster - Can I see logs of why Lariya got 4 virtues?
Imm response - Misinformation in the above post.
Poster 2 - He's asking for logs. What are you hiding?
Poster 3 - He's not hiding something, he's saying Lariya didn't have 4 virtues
Poster 2 - Lariya had 'heaps of imm given stuff'
Imm response - Uhm, no she didn't, are you trying to start something?
Poster 2 - Why are you getting defensive? Are you hiding something?
Poster 5 - He's not hiding anything, just annoyed at the insinuation.
Poster 2 - Uh-huh, then why won't haven't we seen logs?
Imm response - Probably because I don't have logs?

I'm clipping out the rest of the battle royale that is ensuing, notice how this went from Poster 1 asking for logs to help him be a better roleplayer to a between the lines insinuation that there is something potentially shady going on. (We won't get into the side discussion of this that took place on Dio's...since that just made me sigh heavily and turn the pc off)...and here we get to the issue I really see with what's going on here. I posted a long time ago about agendas and what not...consider this a sort of follow up post, but instead of 'agendas' I'm going to call these 'grudges'. I'm not trying to single anyone out here, but I think we can all admit that things have not always been smooth sailing between imms and player base. The sad thing is, more and more it becomes a Roswell vs. the US Government situation. We can pour out proof of things running smoothly and legitmately (within reason) and everyone will say 'the imms are hiding stuff'. Admittedly, we could've nipped this partially in the bud by showing all the dirty details of someone being busted, etc etc etc. However, wisely, we chose against this...there's no need for people not involved to know Imm x was busted for doing y and z. It's sufficient (whether you think so or not) to say 'it's been done'. Over the years this type of closed door policy has lead to countless speculations...which seems odd since to me, it'd be a better game if people focused more on what was going on with their character and less with the political side of CF.

There are, and will always be, malcontents (on both sides of the coin) who want to see adversity around every corner. In real life these are the people who gave us the Salem Witch Trials, the Spanish Inquisition and McCarthyism. They're also the people who post constantly on the internet about government plots and conspiracies that may be true....but are amazing and bordering on the fantastic in thier scope. A lot of the accusations I've seen levelled against myself and other imms fall into the fantastic category. I could waste text and say 'stop doing it' but I'm a smarter guy than that. What I ask, is that the smarter CF players don't fall victim to this mindset, the current staff is not the staff of old (hell even the staff of old isn't the horrific nightmare of corruption and cheating it's made out to be...yes there were one or two who did some seriously boned up ####, but they were the exception, not the rule) and to carry these grudges that some people carry is taxing on all involved. Drop them, come to the game with less baggage.

One thing I'd also like to point out, regardless of who played a character, (I prefer not to know who plays any given character, but certain traits show up and I recognize them...damn me for being observant) none of the imms give out rewards or punishments based on who is playing that character. We play it character by character by character. I could give examples, but it'd be pointless to. I also think that any time you have a post where Vlad is standing up for the immortals...chances are pretty good anyone who is yelling 'conspiracy' is probably barking up the wrong tree. One other myth I'd like to quell, is that we don't sit around discussing who we're playing...in fact, we actually have a 'common sense' rule that says 'don't discuss your current mortal'. It's a safety net to avoid favortism, or the hint of favortism. So, regardless of who may have or may not have played character x, y, or z....I assure you, if they got a reward, they deserved it. (The first person to bring up any character from more than 7-8 years ago...I'm reserving the right to smack down as 'grudge posting')

I'm sure I've accomplished nothing, except given fodder to people who want it, but well...so be it. In my mind this post is supposed to be more helpful than hindering. We'll see how it works out.

"I like songs about drifters - books about the same.
They both seem to make me feel a little less insane.
Walked on off to another spot.
I still haven't gotten anywhere that I want.
Did I want love? Did I need to know?
Why does it always feel like I'm caught in an undertow?

- Modest Mouse

ValguarneraTue 01-Feb-05 05:20 PM
6904 posts
#34809, "I'll add:"
In response to Reply #46

One other myth I'd like to quell, is that we don't sit around discussing who we're playing...in fact, we actually have a 'common sense' rule that says 'don't discuss your current mortal'. It's a safety net to avoid favortism, or the hint of favortism.

I'd go one step further and say "If an Immortal is chatting about their current mortal with other staff members, I'd need to see a very good reason (*) or I'd probably ask them to delete the mortal in question."

(*): I admit I can't think of many reasons that qualify, other than possibly excusing yourself from adjudicating an instance regarding the mortal in question. Even then, you'd only mention that to the person in charge, and not to the staff as a whole. That said, I can only think of one instance where I've even had to speak to a staff member about this- people figure out quickly that we have an imm-culture where no one blabs about who they're playing.

EskelianUnreg (Guest)Tue 01-Feb-05 06:05 PM

#34812, "I tend to agree."
In response to Reply #46

Its taxing and not worth getting into. I mean, surely you should realize if character X has something rarely handed out in terms of rewards, its usually hard to see the distinction from a mortal perspective.

We don't see roles, we don't see everything, we can't snoop, etc. So, our opinions aren't the most unbiased.

If that same character X happens to be an imm...well. I mean it doesn't take a mathematical genius to figure out why people would suspect something. Does it? I've seen excellent pk'ers who rp'd fantastically go unrewarded and thats just how the cookie crumbles sometimes. Not necessarily because "he wasn't an imm" but it does happen. I mean, I've also never seen this kind of turnout to defend any character, even Amora.

Well, the point being I guess that a lot of people feel that had Lariya been their character with the same RP, PK, etc, they probably wouldn't have been beaming over their rewards or been defended so fiercely on the forums by the imm staff.

I'd like to think that isn't the case. Either way there's no way we can tell as mortals other than faith and trust. To be honest I'd have been happier if I didn't know or hear about it and if no one talked about who plays who I'd like to think no one *WOULD* have known. What really turns a typical happy-go-lucky into a jaded conspiracy theorist is when they start to get the impression that working harder, RP'ing better, PK'ing better and etc aren't going to gain them in game rewards whereas others may recieve more for less. I can't say thats true or not, you guys would know better than me.

Just my 2 cents.

EskelianUnreg (Guest)Tue 01-Feb-05 06:09 PM

#34813, "To clarify..."
In response to Reply #48

By "it does happen" I mean it happens due to circumstances beyond everyone's control. Time constraints, doesn't get approved, Imm X is stingy with rewards, whatever.

Gunderg (Guest)Tue 01-Feb-05 09:36 PM

#34819, "RE: I tend to agree."
In response to Reply #48

I mean, I've also never seen this kind of turnout to defend any character, even Amora.

That's because it wasn't Lariya being attacked, it was the immortals. Several posters seemed to be pretty clearly acusing the imms of wrong doing, not the character. No surprise imms posted in their defense.

Also, I don't remember Amora needing too much defense, weren't most of her posts props about how well she stuck it out?

var gal (Guest)Tue 01-Feb-05 07:07 PM

#34814, "Sometimes I think I'm the only one who gets the Imm's s..."
In response to Reply #46

nt

Pro-man (Guest)Wed 02-Feb-05 11:08 AM

#34826, "Public executions are all the rage! Dontcha know?"
In response to Reply #46

I miss the days of Biff Plankchest and his trademark gecho "Assclown".

Every nation on earth uses one form of public justice or another. It is important for the people to know their efforts for being good Samaritans (SP?) are being rewarded, and those who are not are being punished

For me ranking is a pay check. I need it to get to where I'm going.
Since Vynmyak has left, I've not received a single positive Immortal comment, nor a small exp bonus as an attaboy for a good desc or role.

This may be deserving (Because my desc's and roles are undeserving) and I can hande it and I don't fee it's central to my primary enjoyment of the game. It does however know someone is watching and that I've done something good. Like cookies from mom.

In the absence of this however I must judge myself against those around me. So what do I see? "Yo whaddup"/Rick the ranger/Duergar spams me AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!./ Bad descriptions (As per description rules) on hero's./random Paladin Glances at you and says WOW Nice gear! You must have friends! Descriptions designed to tip off other players who it is behind the character. Words like Colour and Honour being consistently spoken by people who are consistently in a group.

I have an internal locus that lets me continue to make a decent attempt at obeying the game standards regardless of feedback, but I'm sorely tempted to write a ridiculous description and see if anyone even notices it or cares.

Okay that was cleansing.

To get back to my main point. I, and I think others, want to know that at the very least, people are being dealt with. A simple creative gecho would be the CF equivalent of a public execution that tells us the Imms aren't ignoring us, or their own standards.

Balrahd. (Guest)Wed 02-Feb-05 12:57 PM

#34829, "Honestly:"
In response to Reply #53

I don't think any of this:

>In the absence of this however I must judge myself against
>those around me. So what do I see? "Yo whaddup"/Rick the
>ranger/Duergar spams me AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!./ Bad
>descriptions (As per description rules) on hero's./random
>Paladin Glances at you and says WOW Nice gear! You must have
>friends! Descriptions designed to tip off other players who it
>is behind the character. Words like Colour and Honour being
>consistently spoken by people who are consistently in a
>group.
>

Is worthy of a "Public Execution". As it stands, the IMMs quietly pull people with these traits (e.g. bad descriptions) aside, and talk them through the importance of having a good description and how to change it to conform with the "environment." I like it that way.

I'm glad that the IMMs don't share your attitude that people with bad descriptions should be publicly humiliated because they're ESL or whatever.

>I have an internal locus that lets me continue to make a
>decent attempt at obeying the game standards regardless of
>feedback, but I'm sorely tempted to write a ridiculous
>description and see if anyone even notices it or cares.
>

I think they'd notice. But don't do this. I can say from experience that description-enabling is sometimes an arduous task - it took me an hour sometimes to talk some guy through a description. Fight your temptation.

>To get back to my main point. I, and I think others, want to
>know that at the very least, people are being dealt with. A
>simple creative gecho would be the CF equivalent of a public
>execution that tells us the Imms aren't ignoring us, or their
>own standards.
>

Again, the "infractions" you're listing don't merit a "public execution."

Moreover, I think you're misrepresenting the majority of the CF playerbase. The majority of the people I see have decent enough descriptions and decent enough RP.

ValguarneraWed 02-Feb-05 01:21 PM
6904 posts
#34830, "RE: Honestly:"
In response to Reply #54

I'd agree. I very frequently have an ear on 1-2 people, and it's very rare that I see people actually step OOC. If I do see it, I drop a personal echo (if it's repeated I'll toss a small slap like XP loss), and 90% of the time the person gets right back into line as long as the echo was clear as to what the problem was.

The point where I realized that the post you replied to was hyperbole (even normalizing for the poster) was where he accused people of spelling words "honour" and "colour" as a way to tip people off to where they play from. I would propose the alternate explanation that those people spell the words that way, you know, because that's how they (correctly) spell the word where they're from.

Pro (inactive user)Wed 02-Feb-05 08:38 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #55

I give you my honour!

Honour you say? It seems we have a kinship.

Then a long silence followed by Ungroup Me. Group character.

Followed by more silence.

I've got nothing with people spelling it that way, but that just pissed me off so I'm sensitive to it now.

It felt quasi-perma. SMUGish.

Pro-man. (Guest)Wed 02-Feb-05 08:44 PM

#34842, "Yeah yeah. except. i know. n/t"
In response to Reply #60

aa

Pro-man (Guest)Wed 02-Feb-05 08:58 PM

#34843, "And what's more."
In response to Reply #55

I am aware the have similar playing times.

I am aware they will meet more often and thus have alliances more often.

I am not besmirching anyones country.

I just don't like seeing those elements getting away with something I'm not allowed to. And I think a version of SMUG is still going strong out there somewhere.

Rom (Guest)Wed 02-Feb-05 09:54 PM

#34844, "RE: And what's more."
In response to Reply #62

<i>
And I think a version of SMUG is still going strong out there somewhere.
</i>

Actually, there really isn't. The aussies that still play end up fighting eachother more than not, simply because we like to play characters that oppose eachother. It would be much much easier for me to just roll something with my buddies over in the US who love playing Team-Scion, than to try and convince blobby or highly_ev to actually play an evil for once, pansies Not to mention Babloomeh (the other aussie from melb) recently deleted a hero rager warrior. The characters we like to play simply do not mix as allies. But whatever, keep throwing your conspiracy theories around, if I'm ever looking to perma I will be hitting up my American compadres

Rom.

P.S: You like Orcs right? Hit me up on AIM wink wink thinking of rolling an Orc

P.P.S: I'm just kidding. The above point is meant to illustrate that geography doesn't really mean jack when forming permas etc.

Pro-Man (Guest)Thu 03-Feb-05 12:26 PM

#34862, "I was thinking SMUG was someone else."
In response to Reply #63

Not Aussies more along the lines of DIKU.

But I'll drop it, some good points have been made.

Pro (inactive user)Wed 02-Feb-05 08:31 PM
Charter member
#34839, "I didn't make my point clearly it seems."
In response to Reply #54

Public executions wasn't for bad Descriptions and such.

I used them to show that, good or bad, the reward often seems the same.

Public execution are for those caught cheating.

Sorry for the confusion.

Daurwin (Guest)Wed 02-Feb-05 05:16 PM

#34835, "Regarding "colour" and "honour""
In response to Reply #53

They are likely to be spelt that way by people living in a certain country, who share playing times.

Personally I sometimes avoid using English spellings and sometimes don't.

Rom (Guest)Wed 02-Feb-05 05:38 PM

#34837, "RE: Regarding"
In response to Reply #56

I always use colour and honour, because thats the way the words are spelt in correct (read: non-American) English. If you have a problem with that or it gets to you for some reason, I really couldn't care less.

Rom.

Pro (inactive user)Wed 02-Feb-05 08:34 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #57

The problem i have is it's basicly code.

Hey, I'm not American, group with me.

I saw it used blatantly in a conversation once and it give me a bad taste.

And Color is as correct as colour. My dictionary is no better than yours.

Rom (Guest)Wed 02-Feb-05 10:28 PM

#34846, "RE: The Correct?"
In response to Reply #59

The problem i have is it's basicly code.

Hey, I'm not American, group with me.

Now your just jumping at shadows that arn't really there.

incognitoThu 03-Feb-05 06:56 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34853, "That's bad spelling"
In response to Reply #64

You should say "grop me" not "group me".

DurNominatorThu 03-Feb-05 07:24 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34855, "Grhm. Yo shold say... nt"
In response to Reply #66

nt

Mr. Diction (Guest)Wed 02-Feb-05 10:30 PM

#34847, "RE: The Correct."
In response to Reply #59

The correct forms of honour and colour are indeed spelled with a u.

This happened because so many people in the United States consistently misspelled the words that they were just changed. If you're a fan of Futurama, in their setting the word ask was officially changed to axe for a very similiar reason.

I find it freightening how many people believe that short forms are a good idea on the internet. How long before 'because' becomes 'becoz' or your becomes ur?

VynmylakThu 03-Feb-05 08:41 PM
52 posts
#34877, "Yep, Guilty!"
In response to Reply #46

Just happened to be cruising the forums to see what was happening, and saw Lariya was gone. What a great character! Each and EVERY time I happened to watch Lariya, I was more and more impressed -- on counts of PK acumen, roleplay, area knowledge, tactics... it was a complete package. And so, yes, I do believe I was the one who granted the third virtue -- and would do it again without any sense of hesitation. If memory serves, I believe Lariya was already in her 50 wins - single digit losses when granted, and truly did not have made much of in impact in the grand scheme of things.

Too rarely did I get to see the "complete" package, and this one was it for me. Thanks, Lariya, for the opportunity to watch. It was a blast!

thx, Vyn

Der-exal (Guest)Thu 03-Feb-05 09:40 PM

#34879, "Its good to see you're still around."
In response to Reply #69

Thought you might have died or something.

Sheesh.

Koe (Guest)Fri 04-Feb-05 04:27 AM

#34886, "Nice post, but..."
In response to Reply #46

I'd have to say I think you should just ignore it and move on. The individuals who are stuck in their mindsets will continue to be that way. It's the same with anything else on the board. I have come to the point where I will write up a lengthy reply to something I don't agree with on Dio's or whatever. But then I read through it and think... who cares? If I post this it will mean nothing. So I just tend to ignore baseless criticism, trolling, and pure flames. It just isn't worth the time because the reply you create will change nothing. I want to thank you, Shokai, as well as Nepenthe. You two are the Imm's that gave me chances in the past after making a mistake or two and made me really realize how awsome you guys are. So thanks for everything and ignore the pointless dribble people tend to spout and just continue doing what you do best as long as you still find it to be enjoyable. I know the majority of the playerbase, who for the most part will remain silent, feel the same way as me in our thoughts of the sacrafices you guys make to keep us in an ever evolving fantastic world. Thank you so very much to everyone, Imm's and Players alike who make this game so amazing. Nothing else can compare.

Old necro (Guest)Tue 01-Feb-05 12:41 AM

#34775, "Lariya log"
In response to Reply #0

Setup: Empire has Maran's orb I think. Lariya is spotted in
Balator but everybody is afraid to fight her.
I wait a bit for others but when just say 'Screw it' and
decide to do something.

[51  Elf  Pal] (PK) Lariya the Holy Ironhearted Knight,
Marshall of the Fortress
[51 Cloud War] (PK) Haljunei the Weaponsmaster
[40 Human Pal] (PK) Bremas the Crusader
[49  Min  War] (PK) Sharidum the Field Marshall
[47 Storm War] (PK) Gotumlir the Captain
[51 Human Shf] (PK) [TRIBUNAL] Larsetta Dobrey the Grand
Mistress of Changelings, Magistrate of Galadon
[51 Arial War] (PK) (WANTED) Baielko the Weaponsmaster
[42 Duerg War] (PK) [EMPIRE] Kroelgruk the Master of Brass,
Imperial Blade
[51 D-Elf War] (PK) Vexoffesz the Weaponsmaster
[51 Human Tra] (PK) Alon the High Wizard of the Arcane
[51 Arial War] (PK) [TRIBUNAL] Zaklotel the Weaponsmaster,
Justiciar of Thera
[41  Fire War] (PK) [EMPIRE] Drakuniz the Master of Bronze,
Elite Imperial Blade
[49 Human Con] (PK) Merandir the Channeler of the Spirits
*47 Arial Nec* (PK) [EMPIRE] Niolas the Spectre, Elite
Imperial Warlock
[51 Duerg War] (PK) [EMPIRE] Jestopeia the Weaponsmistress,
Elite Imperial Blade
[51  Fire War] (PK) Thrakadan Rah the Weaponsmaster, Eternal
BattleRager
[51 Gnome Shf] (PK) Jorgael the Grand Master of Changelings
[51 Svirf Inv] (PK) Kuwanee the Weaver of the Elements
[48 Cloud Dru] (PK) (WANTED) Voronil Flivi the Elemental King,
Warder Lieutenant

[4 AM] <704/704hp 1091/1115mn 445/528mv> 
People near you:
(PK) Lariya                       On the main path through the
village
(PK) Kroelgruk                    On the main path through the
village
  Valoria                      On the main path through the
village
(PK) Niolas                       On the main path through the
village

You are affected by:
Power: 'centurions' for 41 hours.
Spell: 'detect invis' for 37 hours.
Power: 'power of the damned' for 27 hours.
Spell: 'armor of living bone' modifies armor class by -20 for
16 hours.
Spell: 'invis' for 15 hours.
Spell: 'protection from good' for 8 hours.
Spell: 'detect magic' for 6 hours.
Spell: 'shield' modifies armor class by -30 for 4 hours.
Spell: 'wraithform' for 1 hours.
Spell: 'wraithform' for 1 hours.

People near you:
(PK) Lariya                       On the main path through the
village
(PK) Kroelgruk                    On the main path through the
village
  Valoria                      On the main path through the
village
(PK) Niolas                       On the main path through the
village

The centurion steps aside for you.
The centurion steps aside for you.
On the main path through the village

[Exits: north east south west]
One of the boys who lives in the orphanage is here.
A villager passes by on their way about town.
A human warrior student trains in battle and tactics here.

[4 AM] <704/704hp 1091/1115mn 444/528mv> On the main
path through the village

Water splashes forth from an ornate fountain.

[4 AM] <704/704hp 1091/1115mn 443/528mv> On the main
path through the village

A cloud giant member of the Balator town watch is ready to
smash criminals.
(Translucent) Kroelgruk is here.
A flesh golem lumbers along, its eyes glowing a dim red in the
night.
A zombie of the elite dwarven guard is here.
A zombie of the elite dwarven guard is here.
A shambling mummy sways here, taking grim pleasure in the
darkness.
(Invis) (Ghostly) Valoria is here.
(White Aura) Lariya is here.
A villager passes by on their way about town.
Bladerunner, captain of the town watch, stands here alert.

[4 AM] <704/704hp 1091/1115mn 442/528mv> You zap Lariya
with a sickly green wand.
Lariya yells 'Die Niolas, you wand using fool!'
You wither the flesh of Lariya!
You fade into existence.
Your withering wounds Lariya.
Lariya has a few scratches. 

[4 AM] <704/704hp 1091/1115mn 442/528mv> 
Lariya's searing light DISMEMBERS you!
Lariya's searing light MASSACRES you!
Lariya's searing light MASSACRES you!
The central stone in Lariya's helm flashes brilliantly!
Lariya parries your cut.
Lariya parries your cut.

[4 AM] <498/704hp 1091/1115mn 442/528mv> 

Stepping across, Lariya blocks your attack and quickly smashes
your beak with the hilt of her weapon.
Someone's searing light EVISCERATES you!
Someone has a few scratches. 

[4 AM] <453/704hp 1091/1115mn 442/528mv> 
Your armor of bones cracks and splinters!
Someone's searing light MANGLES you!
Someone's searing light MASSACRES you!
You dodge someone's searing light.
Someone's searing light DISMEMBERS you!
Something leaps from someone's grasp striking you!
You sure are BLEEDING!
Something returns to someone's grasp.
Someone's wooden hummingbird pendant glows white!
Someone parries your cut.
Someone parries your cut.
Someone is in perfect health. 

[4 AM] <144/704hp 1091/1115mn 442/528mv> 
Someone brings something up and across at you!
Someone's strike of faith MASSACRES you!
You sure are BLEEDING!
Completing its upper slash, someone steps forward and brings
something down in an opposite arc towards you!
Your armor of bones cracks and splinters!
Someone's strike of purity *** DEMOLISHES *** you!
You have been KILLED!!

You have died, but the Carrion Fields are not finished with
you yet!
Your soul is returned to the realms in the form of a ghost.
You will return to your corporeal state in a short while.
Be careful, for even a ghost should fear some dangers!
You feel some of your vitality drain out of you with this
death.
Better stand up first. (THIS WAS MY RECALL ATTEMPT!!!)

[4 AM] <1/408hp 1/960mn 442/528mv> 
You tell your group 'nice'

You tell Lariya 'You are too mean for me'
Lariya tells you 'Well, I've tried to train for these sorts of
things, that was a pretty nasty trick you tried on me.'
You tell Lariya 'I just got tired of waiting for others'
You tell Lariya 'I knew the risks'
Lariya tells you 'I can understand that.'

Dupayne (Guest)Mon 31-Jan-05 08:55 PM

#34766, "A Great Log"
In response to Reply #0

** Haljunei had just killed Grurk and was thirsting when Lariya walks in. This was posted by Grurk **

Lariya yells 'Help! I am being attacked by Haljunei!'
Sensing Haljunei's attack, Lariya deftly avoids it and returns a counter strike!
Lariya's divine power *** DEMOLISHES *** Haljunei!
Lariya's divine power MASSACRES Haljunei!
Haljunei is DEAD!!
Haljunei spills his guts all over the floor.

get all corpse
o all get all corpse
You get a circlet of dark metal from the burnt corpse of Haljunei.
You get a mantle of fire from the burnt corpse of Haljunei.
You get a set of polished iron legplates from the burnt corpse of Haljunei.
You get an adamantite bracer from the burnt corpse of Haljunei.
You get a pair of fur-lined gloves from the burnt corpse of Haljunei.
You get an amethyst ring from the burnt corpse of Haljunei.
You get Lifthrasir, the dual-bladed battleaxe from the burnt corpse of Haljunei.
You get a thin double-bladed axe from the burnt corpse of Haljunei.
You get 'Vengeance', the Shining Sword from the burnt corpse of Haljunei.
You get a girdle of many pouches from the burnt corpse of Haljunei.
A great mithril axe named, 'Glauraung's Blade': you can't carry that many items.
The belt of strength: you can't carry that many items.
A pair of knee-high boots of red hematite: you can't carry that many items.
Flawless pectoral plates of red hematite: you can't carry that many items.
A silver ring set with a single malachite: you can't carry that many items.
A blood-soaked cape: you can't carry that many items.
An adamantite bracer: you can't carry that many items.
A primitive fertility mask: you can't carry that many items.
A poncho from the carcass of Grurk: you can't carry that many items.
An unholy axe, 'Nightbringer': you can't carry that many items.
The girdle of endless space: you can't carry that many items.
You get a gold coin from the burnt corpse of Haljunei.
You get 230 silver coins from the burnt corpse of Haljunei.
You get 556 copper coins from the burnt corpse of Haljunei.

Haljunei says 'i did return yas all yer tinks grurk'

You say 'after take whut want, me du same'

Haljunei says 'what did meh take o' yers?'

Lariya says 'Uhm, I'm sorry about interrupting.'

Haljunei growls.

Lariya says 'Uh...I'll let you two sort this out.'

** I am truly impressed at how often you were able to hit other people, especially that Mekantos log. I need to get me some of that acid **

Crummy rper (Guest)Mon 31-Jan-05 01:53 PM

#34733, "Request: RP logs"
In response to Reply #0

If Lariya doesn't post anything, maybe Shokai has some logs.
Not trying to say anything bad, I just want to see what kind of level of rp is required to get fortitude, temperance, faith and retribution virtue sets all in one char and to get an idea of the time frame. Will help those of us that aren't so good.

Grurk MuoukMon 31-Jan-05 01:55 PM
Member since 15th Mar 2004
538 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34734, "Misinformation. n/t"
In response to Reply #8

nt

Enbuergo1 (Guest)Mon 31-Jan-05 02:20 PM

#34737, "Asking for logs..."
In response to Reply #9

So that someone can see the level of RP required to get all the virtues Lariya had is 'misinformation?' How can a request that doesn't actually assert anything be misinformation?

var gal (Guest)Mon 31-Jan-05 02:44 PM

#34739, "He said that Lariya had like 4 virtues..."
In response to Reply #10

One would assume that seeing as that is an assumption, that it would be the misinformation?

Or can I kill you in three hits again?

Enbuergo1 (Guest)Mon 31-Jan-05 02:51 PM

#34740, "Lariya did have three or four virtues."
In response to Reply #12

Plus heaps of other imm-given powers. I don't see what's misinformation about asking to see logs of Lariya's RP, so that others can learn how to get such nifty prizes too.

shokaiMon 31-Jan-05 04:49 PM
519 posts
#34751, "???"
In response to Reply #13

"Heaps of other imm-given powers"? Uhm...lessee, Lariya had my tattoo, and three virtures and (at one time) a leader weapon. If you count that as 'heaps', then I guess I can't refute your accusation. Lariya was not the first to recieve three virtues, nor was she 'given' them....she earned them. I really do wish I had some logs of Lariya's roleplay. However...what made Lariya stand out was 2 things 1) the roleplay was constant, it was a bit like watching Zorszaul (who had a habit of talking to himself) because no matter when you tuned in...the roleplay was on going. 2) Anyone who interacted with Lariya (before or after any of her virtues) will back me up in saying that she was savvy in the pk department and also oustanding in the roleplay department. If anyone begins to suggest that Lariya was all 'imm given power' I'm going to split my sides laughing. Was Lariya more potent because of the extra virtue? Yep. Wanna know why? Because Lariya was already deathful when she got it. Lariya's player has an uncanny grasp on how to play a paladin and make it a deathful class.

If Lariya's premium battlefield gets purchased...well, I think the numbers will say a lot about the raw skill of the player.

Enbuergo1 (Guest)Mon 31-Jan-05 05:13 PM

#34754, "Why are you getting defensive?"
In response to Reply #16

Both you and Grurk. All I'm saying is, I--like the original poster--would like to see logs of Lariya's rp. I only knew Lariya as Tcatama, and while I would say she was solid, I personally did not see whatever she did to get as powerful as she was, and I would like to now that I can ask in an OOC format. There's no denying Lariya had some sick powers/virtues/whatever, and was extremely deathful. So, let's see some logs if they're out there.

Focker...OUT.

VladamirMon 31-Jan-05 06:05 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#34759, "I don't think he's so much defensive as annoyed at the ..."
In response to Reply #17

"4 virtues and heaps of imm given powers" and "three virtues and a tat" aren't even close to the same thing. You're coming out here accusing and demanding answers when you aren't even armed with the right questions.

Before you demand to know how Lariya got what she got, maybe you ought to know what she actually had. Keep things in perspective.

Enbuergo1 (Guest)Mon 31-Jan-05 07:51 PM

#34762, "My request was to see logs."
In response to Reply #20

So I can see how she got her nifty powers. That doesn't seem like an unreasonable request (read: request, not demand). When I deleted Kungkruk, I posted quite a few rp logs for people who wanted to know who/what Kungkruk was.

I know you have a lot of time on your hands, Vlad; spend it doing something else other than putting words in my mouth.

VladamirMon 31-Jan-05 09:40 PM
1179 posts
#34768, "Firstly, I didn't put any words in your mouth."
In response to Reply #22

You SAID and I quote "Lariya had three or four virtues, plus heaps of imm-given powers". Thats not putting words in your mouth moron, you said it. It's there in brown and white for all to see. It was also wrong.

Secondly, how many times over the years have immortals kept logs of things mortals did that they saw, and posted them here as justification for their actions? Whats that, none? You're making a request for the immstaff to keep logs of things a player did, and post them to justify to your satisfaction that someone didn't get something more than you did. Thats really all you or anyone else who is bitching is worried about. What did someone else get that you didn't. Thats lame.

If Lariyas player wanted to post the logs that would be a different matter entirely (though you'd still have been wrong about just what all she had). Asking the imms to drag up logs that they really have no reason to even have made, from a year or more ago is completely unreasonable. You tell me when this has ever happened in the past as justification for something someone earned IC, and I'll retract all of this.

But since you won't be able to, I won't have to.

Enbuergo1 (Guest)Mon 31-Jan-05 10:25 PM

#34770, "Show me where I used the word 'demand'~"
In response to Reply #27

~

VladamirMon 31-Jan-05 10:51 PM
1179 posts
#34772, "A less inflamitory title than I originally wrote..."
In response to Reply #28
Edited on Mon 31-Jan-05 11:01 PM

It's all in your tone, ass. You know damned well what you're "asking' for is unreasonable and something thats not going to happen. You aren't "asking" in order to learn anything from someone elses roleplay, you're "asking" for something you know isn't going to be provided in order to try and embarass the imms, Shokai in particular. You're doing this to try and get back at people for having or giving someone something more than you could have gotten for yourself. Wah. Get over it already.

TheerklaTue 01-Feb-05 11:16 AM
1055 posts
#34786, "I think the problem is that there is an implied "undese..."
In response to Reply #28

Maybe it's intentional, maybe it's not, but your post reads to me as you basically saying that Lariya did not earn any the rewards she was given. Hence the responses you received.

EnbuergoTue 01-Feb-05 01:14 PM
150 posts
#34796, "If I sound overly aggressive"
In response to Reply #35

It's because my original post standing up for the first poster, was met with what I thought was undeserved pushback by Vlad and the other imms. This made me pushback harder.

I'm done with this thread. You can all get back to whatever it is made Lariya's life nad death controversial.

VladamirTue 01-Feb-05 03:23 PM
1179 posts
#34804, "Nuh uh buddy boy..."
In response to Reply #41

I didn't even reply to you until your third demanding-toned post, so don't try that #### with me. Up till then all I said was Lariya didn't have four virtues. That was the only "pushback" was the refuting of the misinformation being spread by you and people like you.

If saying "You have your information wrong" is your idea of a hard pushback, you're overly sensitive.

shokaiMon 31-Jan-05 08:03 PM
519 posts
#34763, "well.."
In response to Reply #17

It wasn't meant to be as defensive as it may have come across in text. I was more seeing where that particular train of thought may have been heading and was hoping to nip it in the bud before it pulled to far out of the station.

I'd love to post logs of Lariya, I really would, but I rarely log anything these days...I'll clip a piece of something going on here and there to toss to my fellow imms, or clip something that my mort did so I can look at it later and learn from it....but outside of that? It's pretty rare for me to log something. So, sadly, as much as I'd love to show Lariya logs (because I think a lot of people could learn from her)...I've got nothing.

nepentheMon 31-Jan-05 09:15 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34767, "RE: Why are you getting defensive?"
In response to Reply #17

Disclaimer: Lariya was during my CF AWOL phase. I don't know jack #### about this character other than what's posted here.

1) The reason to get defensive is your tone, honestly. It's all "This character got more than I think they deserved, so you damn well better prove they were worth it!" At least, that's what I'm reading into it, again, not knowing jack #### about the situation.

2) As an imm, at least, I don't log ####. I wouldn't be surprised if Shokai didn't either.

Enbuergo1 (Guest)Mon 31-Jan-05 11:34 PM

#34773, "My original response was to the 'misinfo' flag."
In response to Reply #26

Which seemed to me to have nothing to do with the first posters question. When I see a request for a log, followed by 'misinformation,' followed by attacks on me for sticking up for the original poster...

I can only conclude that imms were suspecting that Lariya would get attacked for some reason, hence Shokai's post on the preemptive defense. I don't see how a request for some logs could spiral into this otherwise. You all will have to let me know what the scoop is.

You'll all have to excuse me if I haven't visited the dangerroom since 1996 and don't know what color underwear Lariya's player wears.

VladamirMon 31-Jan-05 11:41 PM
1179 posts
#34774, "The question itself had misinfo in it. nt"
In response to Reply #30

nt

VladamirMon 31-Jan-05 06:02 PM
1179 posts
#34758, "You realize nothing you can say is going to actually ch..."
In response to Reply #16
Edited on Mon 31-Jan-05 06:15 PM

Because of who played Lariya, everyones mind is already made up about the entire matter, and they're just going to point their fingers and say "Look! Look! This is unfair!". In some instances, they are right, and in others they are wrong.

On the one hand, when was the last time any paladin got three virtues? Sure, you can say she roleplayed well (Duh) all you like, but there have been if not better roleplayed, then just as well roleplayed paladins more recently who got bupkis. Audriel is a prime example. Roleplayed so well she caused a resurgance in a dead religion, led the Fortress and became a heroimm. She was nearly a hero before she even got her first virtue, let alone two. Deathful? Not at a bit, but I don't think a body count should be the only thing considered when handing out extra powers. Really thats kind of silly don't you think? "This person is already mowing down people left and right. So, lets give them MORE power because...well because". Lariya SHOULD have been a power house, considering how well she knew the class, and how best to use the advantages it has against other players in ANY situation. You can say "It doesn't matter" but that level of knowledge clearly makes a difference, and a third virtue may be seen as just overkill. Meanwhile someone who is leading the Fortress, roleplaying her ass off (well enough to heroimm) has none, or one virtue. When you look at things from that perspective, do you blame people for wanting some answers?

Now, on the other hand, I am by no means saying Lariya did not deserve what she got. Lariya was a solid character, who stood out for taking risks and always mixing it up. But what it really boils down to is none of this matters. People are going to look at the player, look at the suspicious seldom-given third virtue, and have their minds made up before you even answer. Frankly, I wouldn't even bother, because it's just going to cause a huge round of nitpicking and bitching.

shokaiMon 31-Jan-05 08:19 PM
519 posts
#34764, "RE: You realize nothing you can say is going to actuall..."
In response to Reply #19

Two things I want to comment on.

1) I'd wager that well over 9/10s of the population of CF (myself included) would've paled in deathfulness even with a third virtue. Some people have a feel for a class, and Lariya is one of them. (Both the pk aspect and the rp aspect)

2) There have been maybe, 3? 4? paladins who have ever been given 3 virtues. All of them were pinnacles of both the roleplay and pk sides of the coin. I rarely use someone's pk stats when I'm determining if they get an extra something...certainly their pk stats come into account when I'm looking at *what* they do with thier time. Are they boldly challenging people or being stupid? Do they know the difference between a tactical retreat and running like a little girl? Additionally what does thier role say about what they're doing? All of these things and about a billion or so more run through my head when I'm looking at a character and figureing out if they deserve some extra stuff.

" But chop suey is Chinese food
that is eaten by the masses
The least you could have done
is got my country's food right
Poolgoogie, jajamnim, chop che,
goktoogie"

- Skankin' Pickle

VladamirTue 01-Feb-05 10:35 AM
1179 posts
#34769, "RE: You realize nothing you can say is going to actuall..."
In response to Reply #24

>
> Two things I want to comment on.
>
>1) I'd wager that well over 9/10s of the population of CF
> myself included) would've paled in deathfulness even with a
>third virtue. Some people have a feel for a class, and Lariya
>is one of them. (Both the pk aspect and the rp aspect)

Whatever the reason was, yes I would firmly agree.

>2) There have been maybe, 3? 4? paladins who have ever been
>given 3 virtues.

This is going to be the crux of your complaints. Nobody is going to look at anything Lariya did IC or any of that. Everyone is going to get their panties in a wad over the feeling that someone else got something they didn't.

For what its worth, on this one having known Lariya as both friend and foe, it was deserved. Period.

Evil Genius (inactive user)Tue 01-Feb-05 12:37 PM
Charter member
#34791, "RE: You realize nothing you can say is going to actuall..."
In response to Reply #24

I'm curious about her deathfulness, i've only ever seen logs of her 2 rounding people or wasting them with her counter virtue, or else dying to thieves.

Random guy (Guest)Tue 01-Feb-05 11:17 AM

#34787, "This is why I hate Lichs."
In response to Reply #19

>On the one hand, when was the last time any paladin got three
>virtues? Sure, you can say she roleplayed well (Duh) all you
>like, but there have been if not better roleplayed, then just
>as well roleplayed paladins more recently who got bupkis.
>Audriel is a prime example. Roleplayed so well she caused a
>resurgance in a dead religion, led the Fortress and became a
>heroimm. She was nearly a hero before she even got her first
>virtue, let alone two.

Why did Audriel only get one virtue? Mayby because she followed a dead religion, no IMM was watching her as much or something, but I agree she should of deserved 2.

>think a body count should be the only thing considered when
>handing out extra powers. Really thats kind of silly don't you
>think? "This person is already mowing down people left and
>right. So, lets give them MORE power because...well because".
>Lariya SHOULD have been a power house, considering how well
>she knew the class, and how best to use the advantages it has
>against other players in ANY situation. You can say "It
>doesn't matter" but that level of knowledge clearly makes a
>difference, and a third virtue may be seen as just overkill.

This is why I hate Lichs. "OK, this guy is a total badass, lets give him even more powers so he's even more unstoppable and if he overcomes the limitations that a Lich was, which a lot of elite guys can and did, let's give him some rituals so he's practically a demi-god who can wipe out his range solo and eventually deletes out of boredom."

Zorzual had, what, a 99% PK ratio? That's sick, thank God you don't see unbalanced, overpowered chars like him anymore.

>Meanwhile someone who is leading the Fortress, roleplaying her
>ass off (well enough to heroimm) has none, or one virtue. When
>you look at things from that perspective, do you blame people
>for wanting some answers?

That is a good point.

>Now, on the other hand, I am by no means saying Lariya did not
>deserve what she got. Lariya was a solid character, who stood
>out for taking risks and always mixing it up. But what it
>really boils down to is none of this matters. People are going
>to look at the player, look at the suspicious seldom-given
>third virtue, and have their minds made up before you even
>answer. Frankly, I wouldn't even bother, because it's just
>going to cause a huge round of nitpicking and bitching.

Noone bitched when Lochzan got three or those special powers, but he handicapped himself so much and died so often that it was more than balanced out.

I can't blame some people with wanting balance, that with 3 virtues, a leader weapon, maran powers, and a tat, Lariya turned from a excellent PKer, to an overpowered, unbalanced juggernaut. The sort of char where it's not even worth trying to fight since you know you're going to get 2-3 rounded, which isn't fun or challenging at all. Why should I spend 45 minutes getting good gear so I loose it if I blink at the wrong time?

Suggestion? Cap virtues at 2.

Pro-Man (Guest)Tue 01-Feb-05 12:50 PM

#34793, "I like when we have the occasional unstopable Bad-Azz."
In response to Reply #36

I don't want everything to be vanila.

Nivek1Tue 01-Feb-05 01:07 PM
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#34795, "Seconded. nt"
In response to Reply #39

VladamirTue 01-Feb-05 03:30 PM
1179 posts
#34806, "Just some problems here..."
In response to Reply #36

>Why did Audriel only get one virtue? Mayby because she
>followed a dead religion, no IMM was watching her as much or
>something, but I agree she should of deserved 2.
>

She did eventually get two. She also got heaps of immteraction and bonus XP so imms WERE watching. My point was if anyone deserved a third virtue IMHO she did. I'm admittedly biased since we're friends, but thats also beside the point. Have you ever read her role? *24* chapters. And not one liners either, we're talking full chapters.

>
>This is why I hate Lichs. "OK, this guy is a total badass,
>lets give him even more powers so he's even more unstoppable
>and if he overcomes the limitations that a Lich was, which a
>lot of elite guys can and did, let's give him some rituals so
>he's practically a demi-god who can wipe out his range solo
>and eventually deletes out of boredom."

I agree with this.

>Zorzual had, what, a 99% PK ratio? That's sick, thank God you
>don't see unbalanced, overpowered chars like him anymore.

You do. These days though people make this sort of thing for themselves by having an OOC ring of supporters.

>
>That is a good point.

Yeah, i rock.

>Noone bitched when Lochzan got three or those special powers,
>but he handicapped himself so much and died so often that it
>was more than balanced out.

He also didn't even have access to 9/10ths of the "powers" given to him. I felt for the guy, but he stuck it out.

>I can't blame some people with wanting balance, that with 3
>virtues, a leader weapon, maran powers, and a tat, Lariya
>turned from a excellent PKer, to an overpowered, unbalanced
>juggernaut. The sort of char where it's not even worth trying
>to fight since you know you're going to get 2-3 rounded, which
>isn't fun or challenging at all. Why should I spend 45 minutes
>getting good gear so I loose it if I blink at the wrong time?

Here I don't agree. Lariya DID die, even in one on one situations. There are some things even a triple virtues paladin will die to.

>Suggestion? Cap virtues at 2.
>

For the most part they are. I don't have any problems with Lariya having three virtues.

Pendragon (Guest)Thu 10-Feb-05 03:05 PM

#35139, "Well, not really...."
In response to Reply #16

This isn't meant as an attack on Lariya, I never interacted with her, but after reading your post Shokai, I checked on her PBF. I was expecting to see a ton of pre-hero pk's from her, but found only 7 pre-hero pk's. Not exactly backing up your previous statement. I don't believe that she was unworthy of her 3 legacies, like I said I never interacted with her. If you say her rp was worthy of it, then it was. Just showing that she wasn't exactly deathful in her younger years.

DurNominatorMon 31-Jan-05 02:40 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34738, "Perhaps you could be less vague with your post Grurk?"
In response to Reply #9

What is misinformation and what is the correct information?

VladamirMon 31-Jan-05 05:44 PM
1179 posts
#34755, "Well for one thing she didn't have four virtues. nt"
In response to Reply #11

nt

Grurk MuoukMon 31-Jan-05 03:30 PM
Member since 15th Mar 2004
538 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34742, "I'm pretty sure.."
In response to Reply #9

I'm pretty sure, no one has ever had 4 virtues. =)

Grurk

Drag0nSt0rmMon 31-Jan-05 04:10 PM
450 posts
#34746, "I'll stick with him on that one and go as far as to say..."
In response to Reply #14

That kinda threevirtue loving wasn't fun at all to be on the receiving end no matter what flavor of race/class you used. Only a nuet shapeshifter stands a freakin chance =P

EskelianMon 31-Jan-05 06:40 PM
2023 posts
#34760, "Who cares? Just drop the whole thing, it doesn't matter..."
In response to Reply #8

If the player wishes to post some logs, go for it. If not, it doesn't matter. In general don't play characters with the intentions of getting any sort of reward because you'll more likely be disappointed than not, even if you get what you were looking for.

thornheartMon 31-Jan-05 10:10 AM
Member since 11th May 2003
49 posts
#34729, "RE: (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Lariya the Ironhearted Bane of th..."
In response to Reply #0

This character was amazing. I don't know what else to say. Scary when she was an enemy, a great boon as an ally.

Thorny

Iborenn (Guest)Mon 31-Jan-05 09:58 AM

#34727, "Woo! The Demon elf is gone!"
In response to Reply #0

I think I'll celebrate that one =P
Freakin ***DEV's through resist won't be missed!

BajulaSun 30-Jan-05 10:23 PM
929 posts
#34722, "I stand in awe."
In response to Reply #0

Having been on both sides with and against you, and
having played an elven paladin before, wow. awesome.
I truly liked your character all around.
Most impressive.

kasSun 30-Jan-05 01:18 AM
Member since 20th Oct 2003
52 posts
#34714, "Scarier than hell"
In response to Reply #0

Smarter than most as well. Simply put I never stood a chance in any of our fights. Whether it was back before you even had the nifty templar tricks, to when you where the beast that made ranges quit. Well played is all I can say in the end, and luck with your next.

Mek (Guest)Sat 29-Jan-05 09:34 PM

#34712, "What it was like fighting Lariya."
In response to Reply #0

100% parry, wielding a sword. I don't know what kind of crack you had, but damn...

<1160/1300hp 962/998m 405mv <4 PM |outdoor> whe
People near you:
Skanelaw A Light Filled Corridor
(PK) Mekantos Standing Before the Fortress of Light
(PK) Lariya The Snowy Courtyard

<1160/1300hp 962/998m 405mv <4 PM |outdoor> af
You are affected by:
Spell: 'frenzy' modifies armor class by 35 for 14 hours.
Spell: 'frenzy' modifies damage roll by 7 for 14 hours.
Spell: 'frenzy' modifies hit roll by 7 for 14 hours.
Spell: 'bloodlust of the twelve fiends' modifies damage roll by 5 for 11 hours.
Spell: 'bloodlust of the twelve fiends' modifies strength by 5 for 11 hours.
Spell: 'iron grip of azazel' for 10 hours.
Physical malady: 'cabal raid' modifies morale by -10 for 9 hours.
Spell: 'barrier' modifies armor class by -80 for 3 hours.
Spell: 'aura' modifies armor class by -30 for 3 hours.
Spell: 'protection from good' for 3 hours.
Spell: 'despoil' modifies hp by 423 for 3 hours.
Spell: 'detect invis' for 2 hours.

<1160/1300hp 962/998m 405mv <4 PM |outdoor>
Silvery-white flames flicker in Lariya's eyes as she attacks you!
You yell 'Help! I am being attacked by Lariya!'
Lariya's searing light decimates you!
A Maran Tara'bal says 'Protect the light my brother.'
Lariya parries your shocking bite.
Lariya parries your pound.
Buzzing with charge an arc of lightning snaps from your weapon, arcing towards Lariya.
You thrust your hand forward as a brilliant shaft of lightning lurches toward Lariya.
Your lightning bolt hits Lariya.
Lariya's searing light EVISCERATES you!
Lariya's searing light devastates you!
Lariya's searing light maims you!

<998/1300hp 962/998m 405mv <4 PM |outdoor> c blindness
You failed to blind Lariya.

<998/1300hp 957/998m 405mv <4 PM |outdoor>
Lariya's searing light maims you!

<842/1300hp 957/998m 405mv <4 PM |outdoor>
Stepping across, Lariya blocks your attack and quickly smashes your beak with the hilt of her weapon.
Someone's searing light mauls you.

<819/1300hp 957/998m 405mv <4 PM |outdoor> flee
flee
You can't see a thing!
You flee from combat!

<819/1300hp 957/998m 401mv <4 PM |outdoor> You aren't fighting anyone.

<819/1300hp 957/998m 401mv <4 PM |outdoor> where
n
You can't see a thing!

<819/1300hp 957/998m 401mv <5 PM |outdoor> Silvery-white flames flicker in someone's eyes as it attacks you!
You yell 'Help! I am being attacked by someone!'
Someone's searing light devastates you!
You can't see a thing!

<787/1300hp 957/998m 397mv <5 PM |outdoor>
Someone parries your shocking bite.
Someone parries your pound.
Your pound MUTILATES someone!
Someone parries your pound.
Someone's searing light EVISCERATES you!
Something leaps from someone's grasp striking you!
Something returns to someone's grasp.

<611/1300hp 957/998m 397mv <5 PM |outdoor> flee
flee
You can't see a thing!
You flee from combat!

<611/1300hp 957/998m 393mv <5 PM |outdoor> c tele
You aren't fighting anyone.
Silvery-white flames flicker in someone's eyes as it attacks you!
You yell 'Help! I am being attacked by someone!'
Someone's searing light decimates you!
You can't see a thing!
You flee from combat!

<585/1300hp 957/998m 389mv <5 PM |outdoor> You can't see a thing!

Rom (Guest)Sun 30-Jan-05 03:16 AM

#34715, "What it was like fighting Lariya"
In response to Reply #2

**The Setup: I see Lariya in the Inn, and sleep her with a
**trap when she tries to leave and let her sanc fall. I then get **interrupted by Rehmorez, a goodie shifter.

<700/700hp 122m 412mv 13083tnl | civilized 12 AM> Trail to the inn

(Gold Aura) Lariya is sleeping here.
A small white bunny hops around under a tree nibbling grass.
Standing near a tree, a guard takes a break while eating cherries.

<700/700hp 122m 411mv 13083tnl | civilized 12 AM> People near you:
(PK) Lariya Trail to the inn
(PK) Szordrin Trail to the inn

<700/700hp 122m 411mv 13083tnl | civilized 12 AM> glance Lariya
Lariya, a female elf, is in perfect health.

Lariya is using:
<worn on finger> a signet ring engraved with a phoenix
<worn on finger> a silver ring set with a single malachite
<worn around neck> (Invis) a ruby-encrusted collar
<worn around neck> (Invis) a ruby-encrusted collar
<worn on body> a spider hide breastplate
<worn on head> an ornate steel great helm
<worn on legs> a pair of spiked leggings
<worn on feet> some ornate steel boots
<worn on hands> a pair of steel chain gloves
<worn on arms> a set of polished mithril armplates
<worn about body> (Humming) the Cloak of Night
<worn about waist> a girdle of giant strength
<worn around wrist> a malachite bracelet
<worn around wrist> (Invis) (Glowing) the Bracelet of Bifrost
<wielded> a holy sword named 'Defiance'

You peek at the inventory:
a potion of translucence
a bottle of peppermint schnapps
(Glowing) a grey-colored potion
(Glowing) a feather of levitation
a mug of coffee, with cream and sugar
the girdle of endless space
(Glowing) a golden spiritual war hammer
(Glowing) a runed sword of black-ish green crystal

**Snip: Stealing.

<700/700hp 127m 433mv 13083tnl | civilized 1 AM> where
People near you:

<700/700hp 127m 433mv 13083tnl | civilized 1 AM>
Rehmorez utters the words, 'yazfuz yao'.
Rehmorez conjures a cloud of purple smoke.
You are revealed!
===VIS===VIS===
You are covered with glowing purple dust.
+++FOGGED+++FOGGED+++
The Inn Guard is revealed!
The Inn Guard is covered with glowing purple dust.

**Snip: He runs into the Inn, obviously to shift and
**come to her rescue. I set a trap for him, 1 room south
**of the elf.

<700/700hp 127m 414mv 13083tnl | civilized 2 AM> where
People near you:
(PK) Rehmorez The Bar of the Eternal Star
(PK) Szordrin The guard post
Druhk The Bar of the Eternal Star

<700/700hp 127m 414mv 13083tnl | civilized 2 AM> trap direction knockout **** n
You deftly begin setting a trap for the next person leaving from this place to the north.
As you finish the setting, you gently dangle a bladder filled with sufficating powder!
Ahh, perfection...
Anyone who springs the trap will inhale the powder and fall unconscious!

<700/700hp 127m 414mv 13083tnl | civilized 2 AM> n
where
hide
sneak
Trail to the inn

(Purple Aura) Standing near a tree, a guard takes a break while eating cherries.

<700/700hp 132m 431mv 13083tnl | civilized 2 AM> You scan south.
***** Range 1 *****
(Invis) (Gold Aura) a tiger is sleeping here.

**Bingo.

A guard stands near his post, eyeing the crowds for outlaws.

***** Range 2 *****
An old yellow dog beats its tail as it lies asleep at the old mans feet.
An old mercenary, having long since given up the way of war, rocks
back and forth in a swinging chair humming to himself.

**Snip: More stealing.

<700/700hp 137m 451mv 13083tnl | civilized 3 AM> get * charms
You get a * from the Bracelet of Charms.

<700/700hp 137m 451mv 13083tnl | civilized 3 AM> recite *
You recite a *.
You feel protected.
You briefly peer into the depths of Szordrin's soul...
He is the embodiment of pure evil!
He also seems very chaotic.

**Snip: Mega lag/semi crash. I set a trap north in case she flees.

<700/700hp 152m 517mv 13083tnl | civilized 7 AM> trap direction knockout **** n
You deftly begin setting a trap for the next person leaving from this place to the north.
As you finish the setting, you gently dangle a bladder filled with sufficating powder!
Ahh, perfection...

<700/700hp 152m 517mv 13083tnl | civilized 7 AM> n
where
s
hide
sneak
eq
l

You are hungry.

<700/700hp 157m 539mv 13083tnl | civilized 7 AM> i
East Dairein Road

<700/700hp 157m 538mv 13083tnl | civilized 7 AM> People near you:
(PK) Szordrin East Dairein Road

<700/700hp 157m 538mv 13083tnl | civilized 7 AM> Trail to the inn

(Purple Aura) Standing near a tree, a guard takes a break while eating cherries.

<700/700hp 157m 537mv 13083tnl | civilized 7 AM> You can't hide while you are glowing.

<700/700hp 157m 537mv 13083tnl | civilized 7 AM> get steak charms
eat steak
You can't sneak while you are glowing.

<700/700hp 157m 537mv 13083tnl | civilized 7 AM> You are using:
<worn on finger> a pitch-black ring
<worn on finger> a pitch-black ring
<worn around neck> (Red Aura) an amulet of the Viper
<worn around neck> (Red Aura) (Glowing) a Talisman of Strength
<worn on body> interlocking black plates
<worn on head> an ancient Ranger Lord Stetson
<worn on legs> Leggings from the Scales of Tiamat
<worn on feet> the boots of stealth
<worn on hands> a pair of fine gloves
<worn on arms> (Humming) a pair of strange bracers
<worn about body> Cloak of the wolf-kin
<worn about waist> the blademaster's sash
<worn around wrist> the Bracelet of Charms
<worn around wrist> a wide copper bracelet
<wielded> (Glowing) an iron mace
<dual wield> (Red Aura) (Glowing) (Humming) the Shadow Dagger
<tattooed> a copper banded jackal

<700/700hp 157m 537mv 13083tnl | civilized 7 AM> Trail to the inn
A large trail winds off the main road. Short green trees filled with bright
red cherries line both sides. A small building lies just to the south with
several people standing outside of it. Looking further south a large
wooden building stands atop a small hill. From its roof a brick chimney
pipes forth smoke that seems to dance its way into the sky. The trail
leads south to the inn or north to the main road. Barely visible, a smaller
path winds its way east into a small clearing. A wooden sign, painted
with bright colors sits under the nearest tree.

<700/700hp 157m 537mv 13083tnl | civilized 7 AM> You are carrying:
a potion of translucence
(Glowing) a potion of return
(Red Aura) the flaming sceptre of Chaos
a *
(Glowing) (Humming) a ring embedded with a single ruby
a metal canteen insulated in a wolf's pelt
a potion of transportation
(Glowing) a mace of electricity

<700/700hp 157m 537mv 13083tnl | civilized 7 AM> where
waylay Lariya
You get a large boar steak from the Bracelet of Charms.

<700/700hp 157m 537mv 13083tnl | civilized 7 AM> You eat a large boar steak.
You are full.

<700/700hp 157m 537mv 13083tnl | civilized 7 AM> People near you:
Valra The Bar of the Eternal Star
(PK) a tiger The guard post

<700/700hp 157m 537mv 13083tnl | civilized 7 AM> You have to be hidden before you can attempt to waylay anyone.

<700/700hp 157m 537mv 13083tnl | civilized 7 AM> af
You are affected by:
Spell: 'detect good' for 34 hours.
Spell: 'detect evil' for 34 hours.
Spell: 'detect invis' for 34 hours.
Skill: 'detect hidden' for 32 hours.
Spell: 'protection' for 20 hours.
Skill: 'detect traps' for 5 hours.
Skill: 'knock-out trap' for 1 hours.
Spell: 'faerie fog' for 1 hours.
Skill: 'haste' modifies dexterity by 4 for -1 hours.

<700/700hp 157m 537mv 13083tnl | civilized 7 AM> knife Lariya
You drive your dagger into Lariya's side!
Your knifing === OBLITERATES === Lariya!
Lariya yells 'Help! Szordrin knifed me!'
Lariya is covered with bleeding wounds.

<700/700hp 157m 537mv 13083tnl | civilized 7 AM>
You dodge Lariya's divine power.
Your pound *** DEMOLISHES *** Lariya!
Lariya is gushing blood.

<700/700hp 157m 537mv 13083tnl | civilized 7 AM> trip Lariya

Lariya has fled!

<700/700hp 157m 537mv 13083tnl | civilized 7 AM> They aren't here.

<700/700hp 157m 537mv 13083tnl | civilized 7 AM> n
trip Lariya
s
East Dairein Road

<700/700hp 157m 536mv 13083tnl | civilized 7 AM> trip Lariya
They aren't here.

<700/700hp 157m 536mv 13083tnl | civilized 8 AM> Trail to the inn

**Hehe, gota love the traps. I've snipped me waiting
**for the trap timer so I can place another.

<700/700hp 167m 571mv 13083tnl | civilized 9 AM> You deftly begin setting the trap but the intricacy of the operation is too great.
As you attempt to finish the setting the trap collapses harmlessly.
You gather the evidence of your FAILed attempt, but the ingredients are ruined.

<700/700hp 167m 571mv 13083tnl | civilized 9 AM> hide
sneak
You attempt to hide.

<700/700hp 167m 571mv 13083tnl | civilized 9 AM> get **** charms
You attempt to move silently.

sneak
You step out of the shadows.
+++HIDE+++HIDE+++
You get a **** from the Bracelet of Charms.

<700/700hp 167m 571mv 13083tnl | civilized 9 AM> trap direction knockout **** n
You attempt to hide.

<700/700hp 167m 571mv 13083tnl | civilized 9 AM> You attempt to move silently.

<700/700hp 167m 571mv 13083tnl | civilized 9 AM> You deftly begin setting a trap for the next person leaving from this place to the north.
Ahh, perfection...

sneak
waylay Lariya
knife Lariya
trip Lariya
You attempt to hide.

<700/700hp 167m 571mv 13083tnl | civilized 9 AM> trip Lariya
You attempt to move silently.

<700/700hp 167m 571mv 13083tnl | civilized 9 AM> You wait to waylay Lariya.
+++HIDE+++HIDE+++
You trample around loudly again.
You back Lariya into a corner and distract her from what she was doing!

**This exploit has since been fixed

<700/700hp 167m 571mv 13083tnl | civilized 9 AM> You drive your dagger into Lariya's side!
Your knifing === OBLITERATES === Lariya!
Lariya yells 'Help! Szordrin knifed me!'
Lariya is writhing in agony.

<700/700hp 167m 571mv 13083tnl | civilized 9 AM>
You parry Lariya's divine power.
Your defilement *** DEMOLISHES *** Lariya!
Lariya is DEAD!!
Lariya splatters blood on your armor.

<700/700hp 167m 571mv 13083tnl | civilized 9 AM> They aren't here.

<700/700hp 167m 571mv 13083tnl | civilized 9 AM> They aren't here.

<700/700hp 167m 571mv 13083tnl | civilized 9 AM> get all corpse
hide
sneak
You get a set of polished mithril armplates from the corpse of Lariya.
You get a girdle of giant strength from the corpse of Lariya.
You get a silver ring set with a single malachite from the corpse of Lariya.
You get the Cloak of Night from the corpse of Lariya.
You get a mug of coffee, with cream and sugar from the corpse of Lariya.
A pair of steel chain gloves: you can't carry that much weight.
You get a feather of levitation from the corpse of Lariya.
Some ornate steel boots: you can't carry that many items.
An ornate steel great helm: you can't carry that many items.
A signet ring engraved with a phoenix: you can't carry that many items.
A malachite bracelet: you can't carry that many items.
A pair of spiked leggings: you can't carry that many items.
A ruby-encrusted collar: you can't carry that many items.
A ruby-encrusted collar: you can't carry that many items.
The Bracelet of Bifrost: you can't carry that many items.
A holy sword named 'Defiance': you can't carry that many items.
A bottle of peppermint schnapps: you can't carry that many items.
You get 622 silver coins from the corpse of Lariya.
You get 216 copper coins from the corpse of Lariya.

<700/700hp 167m 571mv 13083tnl | civilized 9 AM> You attempt to hide.

<700/700hp 167m 571mv 13083tnl | civilized 9 AM> You attempt to move silently.

<700/700hp 167m 571mv 13083tnl | civilized 9 AM> l

Valra says 'may i?'

<700/700hp 167m 571mv 13083tnl | civilized 9 AM> Trail to the inn
A large trail winds off the main road. Short green trees filled with bright
red cherries line both sides. A small building lies just to the south with
several people standing outside of it. Looking further south a large
wooden building stands atop a small hill. From its roof a brick chimney
pipes forth smoke that seems to dance its way into the sky. The trail
leads south to the inn or north to the main road. Barely visible, a smaller
path winds its way east into a small clearing. A wooden sign, painted
with bright colors sits under the nearest tree.

The corpse of Lariya is here, unnaturally pale and gaunt.
(Invis) (Red Aura) Valra is here.

<700/700hp 167m 571mv 13083tnl | civilized 9 AM> say go ahead
i
+++HIDE+++HIDE+++
You say 'go ahead'

<700/700hp 167m 571mv 13083tnl | civilized 9 AM> You are carrying:
( 2) (Glowing) a feather of levitation
a mug of coffee, with cream and sugar
(Humming) the Cloak of Night
a silver ring set with a single malachite
a girdle of giant strength
a set of polished mithril armplates
a potion of translucence
(Glowing) a potion of return
(Red Aura) the flaming sceptre of Chaos
a *
(Glowing) (Humming) a ring embedded with a single ruby
a metal canteen insulated in a wolf's pelt
a potion of transportation
(Glowing) a mace of electricity

<700/700hp 167m 571mv 13083tnl | civilized 9 AM> drop feather
drop feather
You drop a feather of levitation.

<700/700hp 167m 571mv 13083tnl | civilized 9 AM> You drop a feather of levitation.

<700/700hp 167m 571mv 13083tnl | civilized 9 AM> drop mug
drop cloak
drop ring

Valra gets a pair of steel chain gloves from the corpse of Lariya.
You drop a mug of coffee, with cream and sugar.

<700/700hp 167m 571mv 13083tnl | civilized 10 AM> Valra gets some ornate steel boots from the corpse of Lariya.
Valra gets an ornate steel great helm from the corpse of Lariya.
Valra gets a signet ring engraved with a phoenix from the corpse of Lariya.
Valra gets a malachite bracelet from the corpse of Lariya.
Valra gets a pair of spiked leggings from the corpse of Lariya.
Valra gets a holy sword named 'Defiance' from the corpse of Lariya.
Valra is struck down by a holy sword named 'Defiance'!
Valra fades into existence.
Valra's heavenly wrath === OBLITERATES === her!
Valra gets a bottle of peppermint schnapps from the corpse of Lariya.
You drop the Cloak of Night.

**And there goes defiance, back to its chest. I should
**have gone for the spider hide, but I missed it. A few
**moments later, this happens.

<44 Human Sha> (PK) Vansia the Shaman of Ice

<700/700hp 172m 593mv 13083tnl | civilized 10 AM> l valra

You yell 'Die, Vansia, you sorcerous dog!'
Vansia narrows her eyes and glares in your direction.
You maim Vansia!
Vansia deflects your defilement with her shield.
Vansia dodges your pound.
Vansia has a few scratches.

<700/700hp 172m 593mv 13083tnl | civilized 10 AM>
Valra gets a feather of levitation.
A strangely tall duergar stands here
She has long hair, and looks quite clean.
She smiles happily.
Valra, a female duergar, is gushing blood.

Valra is using:
<worn on finger> a pale white skull ring
<worn on finger> a pale white skull ring
<worn around neck> a brass-studded collar
<worn around neck> a brass-studded collar
<worn on body> a diaphanous gown of black silk
<worn on head> a mithril cap
<worn on legs> some leggings from the snow worm
<worn on feet> some hard leather boots
<worn on hands> a pair of dwarven gloves
<worn on arms> a pair of golden sleeves
<worn about body> a rough, woolen cloak with a golden anvil emblem
<worn about waist> a fine leather belt
<worn around wrist> a thick iron bracer
<worn around wrist> a malachite bracelet
<wielded> (Glowing) the shaman's mace
<dual wield> an elegant silver rapier

You peek at the inventory:
a pair of spiked leggings
a malachite bracelet
a signet ring engraved with a phoenix
( 2) a cowhide knapsack
Vansia has a few scratches.

<700/700hp 172m 593mv 13083tnl | civilized 10 AM> sac defiance

You dodge Vansia's stinging lash.
You parry Vansia's stinging lash.
Vansia parries your pound.
Your defilement maims Vansia!
Your pound MUTILATES Vansia!
Vansia has some small but disgusting cuts.

<700/700hp 172m 593mv 13083tnl | civilized 10 AM>
Valra gets a feather of levitation.
You can't find it.

<700/700hp 172m 593mv 13083tnl | civilized 10 AM> flee
flee
where
A Roadside Shrine

A tall stone altar bubbles forth crisp water.
Bent and withered an old druid watches over those who rest in the shrine.
You flee from combat!
You fled east.

<700/700hp 172m 589mv 13083tnl | wilderness 10 AM> You aren't fighting anyone.

<700/700hp 172m 589mv 13083tnl | wilderness 10 AM> People near you:
Valra Trail to the inn
(PK) Szordrin A Roadside Shrine
(PK) Vansia Trail to the inn

<700/700hp 172m 589mv 13083tnl | wilderness 10 AM> w
n
n
hide
sneak
Trail to the inn

A large pile of mithril rests here, forged into a set of armplates.
A lovely silver ring set with a green gem lies here.
(Humming) A deep black cloak, glimmering with many star-like jewels lies here.
A mug of coffee, with cream and sugar has been left here.
(Gold Aura) (White Aura) Vansia is here.

<700/700hp 172m 585mv 13083tnl | civilized 10 AM> East Dairein Road

<700/700hp 172m 584mv 13083tnl | civilized 10 AM> Alas, you cannot go that way.

<700/700hp 172m 584mv 13083tnl | civilized 10 AM> You attempt to hide.

<700/700hp 172m 584mv 13083tnl | civilized 10 AM> You attempt to move silently.

<700/700hp 172m 584mv 13083tnl | civilized 10 AM> sca s
Target set to Vansia.
You scan south.
***** Range 1 *****
(Red Aura) Valra is here.
(Gold Aura) (White Aura) Vansia is sleeping here.

***** Range 2 *****

***** Range 3 *****

<700/700hp 172m 584mv 13083tnl | civilized 11 AM> sca s
s
You scan south.
***** Range 1 *****

***** Range 2 *****

***** Range 3 *****

<700/700hp 172m 584mv 13083tnl | civilized 11 AM> Trail to the inn

A large pile of mithril rests here, forged into a set of armplates.
A lovely silver ring set with a green gem lies here.
(Humming) A deep black cloak, glimmering with many star-like jewels lies here.
A mug of coffee, with cream and sugar has been left here.

**Because the elf didn't flee, my trap was still there and
**she tried to follow me. I had killed Vansia about 60 minutes
**earlier in Tar Valon. I've snipped me waiting for her sanc
**and flight to fall.

<700/700hp 147m 616mv 13083tnl | civilized 1 PM> People near you:
Valra The Bar of the Eternal Star
Lariya Trail to the inn
(PK) Vansia Trail to the inn

<700/700hp 147m 616mv 13083tnl | civilized 1 PM> waylay Vansia
knife Vansia
trip Vansia
You're not ready to waylay anyone again yet.

<700/700hp 147m 616mv 13083tnl | civilized 1 PM> You step out of the shadows.
+++HIDE+++HIDE+++
You drive your dagger into Vansia's side!
Your knifing MANGLES Vansia!
Vansia yells 'Help! Szordrin knifed me!'

<700/700hp 147m 616mv 13083tnl | civilized 1 PM>
Lariya wakes and stands up.

You parry Vansia's stinging lash.
Your pound MANGLES Vansia!
Vansia deflects your defilement with her shield.
Vansia dodges your pound.
Vansia is covered with bleeding wounds.

Vansia closes her eyes with a look of concentration for a moment.
Vansia disappears.

**And thats that. I left the tiger, who managed
**to sleep through it all, and then some.

--------

Okay, I'm sorry, I just love this log Props to Lariya, very tough character, but bleh I say to paladin virtues.

CF fan (Guest)Sat 29-Jan-05 09:30 PM

#34711, "A legend has fallen nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #34710 Previous topic | Next topic