Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Fungor the Dai Sensei of the Miyam..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32795
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 21-Nov-04 07:00 PM
Member since 29th Apr 2024
16818 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32795, "(AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Fungor the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu"

Sun Nov 21 17:59:41 2004

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Fungor perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:625

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Even if, Kohl (Guest), 23-Nov-04 12:48 PM, #10
Reply RE: Even if.., Fungor. (Guest), 23-Nov-04 04:40 PM, #11
     Reply RE: Even if.., Kohl (Guest), 23-Nov-04 05:44 PM, #12
          Reply Those discussions have been published..., Fungor. (Guest), 24-Nov-04 01:07 PM, #15
Reply Fungor gone, goodbye!, Fungor. (Guest), 21-Nov-04 08:37 PM, #1
     Reply I was dissapointed, Sinopa (Guest), 21-Nov-04 11:00 PM, #2
     Reply RE: I was dissapointed, Fungor. (Guest), 22-Nov-04 02:59 AM, #4
          Reply RE: I was dissapointed, Sinopa (Guest), 22-Nov-04 08:53 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Fungor gone, goodbye!, Adraonas (Guest), 21-Nov-04 11:14 PM, #3
     Reply How could I forget my first PK?, Fungor. (Guest), 22-Nov-04 03:11 AM, #5
     Reply Goodbye old man :), Viviarong (Guest), 22-Nov-04 06:56 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Goodbye old man :), Fungor. (Guest), 22-Nov-04 09:13 AM, #8
     Reply Very cool character, especially for being the first eve..., Turambar, 22-Nov-04 07:28 AM, #7
     Reply Well..., Istirith (Guest), 24-Nov-04 01:56 AM, #13
     Reply RE: Well..., Fungor. (Guest), 24-Nov-04 01:44 PM, #16
     Reply RE: Fungor gone, goodbye!, Aira (Guest), 24-Nov-04 12:05 PM, #14
     Reply As you see, I didn't live forever., Fungor. (Guest), 24-Nov-04 01:50 PM, #17
          Reply RE: As you see, I didn't live forever., Aira (Guest), 24-Nov-04 04:01 PM, #18
     Reply RE: Fungor gone, goodbye!, Martoonie (Guest), 24-Nov-04 11:06 PM, #19
     Reply Another Herald? Perhaps, one day., Fungor. (Guest), 25-Nov-04 09:30 AM, #20
          Reply THREE OTHERS?!, Aira (Guest), 27-Nov-04 12:39 AM, #21
               Reply RE: THREE OTHERS?!, Martoonie (Guest), 28-Nov-04 03:19 AM, #22
               Reply You sound so surprised., Splntrd, 28-Nov-04 11:44 AM, #23
     Reply Nice to see me mentioned!, Kedewyn (Guest), 02-Dec-04 10:04 AM, #24
          Reply And thus, I learned where they came from., Fungor. (Guest), 03-Dec-04 04:47 AM, #25

Kohl (Guest)Tue 23-Nov-04 12:48 PM

#32848, "Even if"
In response to Reply #0

Even if Kohl had survived the battles I doubt he would have lived longer than Fungor. So but that's not the point, point is was good rping with you, liked the char very passionate about neutrility and you don't see that too much. Sad to see him gone but roll again and find your fate. See ya in the fields!

Fungor. (Guest)Tue 23-Nov-04 04:40 PM

#32851, "RE: Even if.."
In response to Reply #10

And Kohl was definitely one of the most important ones I forgot.(that's what you get when you try to remember hundred names or so) Helping you to rank was one of nice parts, especially due to the conversations we had. Very passionate about neutrality... Fungor was sphere Balance after all(Olofo and Brealla can attest to this, as I chose my sphere with them as a witness(and soon after that(L11) was the first PK death of Fungor and Olofo as a nasty duergar called Yxiou suddenly jumped on us, killing us both))...

Fungor was probably the only one who conratulated Kohl for 'taking the right path in life' after Kohl was cast out of light(which led to hope and an attempt to convert Kohl out of Orderly ways too, into true neutrality and Balance). Kohl was fun to be around, and I did hear from Nubley about those last two deaths.. I wonder if an idea of a new character struck to you at those days(though I know that Nubley can deal damage swiftly with those claws at times)..

Fungor considered Kohl, Aira and Matthen as his 'children', as all of these three were very dear to him(and Fungor was proud of the achievements of his children, and he was quite sad not to see the Owl so that he could be proud of his 'son'), and wanted to help them in all ways possible(providing I wasn't tired or something OOC(I did help Kohl or Aira(Or both) in verge of falling asleep on my keyboard once though and decided not to torment myself with CF in that condition again)).

Fungor

Kohl (Guest)Tue 23-Nov-04 05:44 PM

#32853, "RE: Even if.."
In response to Reply #11

Yea Kohl considered Fungor almost like a father if not one exactly maybe a second father. Either way it was indeed interesting conversations that they held in the mountains waiting for the Dark Guards to return so they could kill them. Kohl was proud when he got the form, hell I was proud of myself just getting that far. But to the point. Kohl (if he hadn't have died first) would have missed Fungor something terrible. But then that's life, cya round.

Fungor. (Guest)Wed 24-Nov-04 01:07 PM

#32873, "Those discussions have been published..."
In response to Reply #12

Under the 'Day of a Herald' log at log board in Dioxides forum(the 1. long log, pretty early in the log). Also, the second log shows what happened when Heralds decided to hunt down the Warmaster Ceiekalak..

Fungor. (Guest)Sun 21-Nov-04 08:37 PM

#32797, "Fungor gone, goodbye!"
In response to Reply #0

Well, what can I say about Fungor. He was my first CF/MUD character, and I initially rolled him as a 'commands learning character'. However, Fungor turned out to be much more than a 'commands learning character', as I played him to age death(A small accident with ring of Zurcon, but a long life for a charter even with so). So, pretty much firsts were accomplished with him: First CF/MUD character, first Hero, first Herald, first Age death, first assassin. Pretty much first at all that he did(as first played by me, not universally first). What I learned with Fungor was how to avoid PK, and I explored pretty much, finding all current Cabals and many Shrines. You learn much when you play a character to Hero or even to age death. Fungor was a peaceful chap who considered the wars and battles of Thera mainly as other peoples problem. He was rather cowardly, and at latter life, always carried a potion of recall with him(Damn it Urog, I was just about to quaff before you killed me at the last death(which indirectly lead into wearing that damn ring)..). Ironically, NOT being full looted by an Imperial was what got Fungor killed, as he carried that ring as a reminder of mortality. I was trying to wear a pitch-black ring and typed 'wear ring' and after that, well...

Fungor believed in Balance and he sought knowledge as well.

It is pretty late, but I'll try to mix up some goodbyes(Rather a lot of them, so I'll be brief).

Immortals:

I actively sought your shrines after Fungor heroed, and managed to find many of them, some by simply stumbling upon them, some by actively searhing for them.

Arvam: That bit crazy Imm who plunges first and thinks after, learning the hard way. A good character and interesting religion.

Shazirah: The mother figure of Heralds. You had a some pretty good comments at time on Cabal channel(like that 'Scions would do well to remember that they are guests in my desert.' after a group of Scions had attacked the Inn).

Qaledus:Nice Immteraction with you after death and at some other random occasion. Glad you were there to make Fungors last moments interesting.

Eshval: You were among the first to appear to the Inn after my death(and after Karzalynn did quit, glad you were there to send Fungor to afterlife, Lynn). Oh, and that Iron Furnace was hot(ouch ). Oh, and do take a look at that bleeding at wrists-angel in your shrine(the one who does not move because he is either alive or resigned to his fate, it gave me an impression that it should be either dead or resigned to make more sense)

And to this section as well, many others, just to be on the safe side.

Heralds:

While I liked the Cabal and people in it, it often was so that I was the only Herald in Thera(due to my European hours). The Cabal was fun, though I would have had more fun if you guys would have been around at the same time so, goodbyes to(in the same ingenious fashion Miaree presented it)

Sastine, Miaree, Ghroth, Verv, Inkleth, Aira, Karzalynn, Istirith, Pkangarri, Ryvyrblou, Cadothu, Raikorsai, Abbe, Minya, Selessya, Naloueme, Kikiani, Matthen, Thigodus, Esfergref, Anstril, Ioniyeh, Drael, Alessa, Qirinor, Requin, Rixljyn, Nialona and others.(I'm certain I missed someone important, too many names, aarrgh!)

And goodbyes to others(friends, enemies and groumates): Nubley, Kedewyn, Raja, Desmonn, Urog(the only guy who killed Fungor and outlived him), Blitzenturg, Arrazn, Delromsin(the leader of my very first group of three), Alarian, Olofo(first PK death by your side) Celebrimbor, Gibraba, Adraonas(Only one Fungor killed himself that I can recall(In brawling room)) Neppiaobo and many others(I know I'm missing important ones again, but I'm going to sleep now)

I don't have a credit card, so I cannot pay my PBF(I hope someone will).

I many have been cropped out, but I'll try to say something nice about those who respond to this.

Sinopa (Guest)Sun 21-Nov-04 11:00 PM

#32800, "I was dissapointed"
In response to Reply #1

That I never got to show up for that little event you threw. Oh well though, was never meant to be I suppose. Enjoyed our interactions and had fun.

Fungor. (Guest)Mon 22-Nov-04 02:59 AM

#32811, "RE: I was dissapointed"
In response to Reply #2

I remember Sinopa that. I was in a bit hurry to leave during the event, so it doesn't really matter that you didn't show up. As for Sinopa, while I would have liked to hear about the dream which made Sinopa follow Khasotholas, I didn't really have time to prolong the event, which is why I wasn't sorry for you not showing up that time(Sinopa deleted a bit before the event). Sinopa was an interesting character. Keep up the good work! And what comes to that little brawl in Arial City over killing the guards, Fungor did return there to rank there as he did not see a promise forced out of him with violence binding.

Sinopa (Guest)Mon 22-Nov-04 08:53 PM

#32838, "RE: I was dissapointed"
In response to Reply #4

The dream was something I created and was before I was empowered I believe. Had to do more with how tomorrow looked than it did khas's faith and helped Sinopa get an idea what he should do with his life.

Adraonas (Guest)Sun 21-Nov-04 11:14 PM

#32803, "RE: Fungor gone, goodbye!"
In response to Reply #1

Hah, surprised you remembered that. We never did talk much, but I enjoyed the spars we had, even the one that killed me. See you in the Fields.

Fungor. (Guest)Mon 22-Nov-04 03:11 AM

#32813, "How could I forget my first PK?"
In response to Reply #3

I was confident about not losing in that match(due to the owaza advantage, as I knew you as otherwise equal), which is why I had kote+kans+calt+owaza+doublespinkick set as commands in the beginning of the fight. I didn't actually think that you'd die, knowing how mobs take owaza+doublespinkick and I thought that you'd somehow get away and then you died to the owaza and didn't actually know that there was doublespinkick coming as well(which I didn't realise to be a lagging move then)...

Fungor

Viviarong (Guest)Mon 22-Nov-04 06:56 AM

#32816, "Goodbye old man :)"
In response to Reply #1

I was atleast supprised when you started interacting with me about the sappling thing... Hope you sent me a note or something so I actualy knows in char that your carcas went into the ground. I'll see what I can achieve... Hard to get things through since I don't really have a religion with an active Lord. But might get something done anyways. Atleast I will make an RP session of it when I get the in char knowledge you've died.

I was kinda hard pressed when you started interacting with me, didn't have much time to actualy RP (fighting) but anyhow after that time I started noticing you more and more, throwing you a comment now and again.

Sorry for calling you an old man Just think it was fitting come to think how we first interacted

I must say, good work heroing your first char, I did the same with an elven shifter hehe. Well good luck with your next

Viviarong

Fungor. (Guest)Mon 22-Nov-04 09:13 AM

#32820, "RE: Goodbye old man :)"
In response to Reply #6

Well.. Fungor WAS an old man. I sent you a missive about my passing IC, though I did mention tree thing it to some people(such as Karrel and Qaledus(who was with me in the Inn at the after death hour, and Olin the Innkeeper), I think. I was thinking about the forest behind the Inn, but you're the druid here, so pick a spot for the tree where it will grow well.

Fungor

TurambarMon 22-Nov-04 07:28 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
26 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32817, "Very cool character, especially for being the first eve..."
In response to Reply #1

I often spent some time at the Inn wasting time discussing some far fetched topic, and you were always there to spice up the conversation a little more.

Kudos for that and everything else you're going to play.

Istirith (Guest)Wed 24-Nov-04 01:56 AM

#32860, "Well..."
In response to Reply #1

The fact that this was your first ever character makes it so much cooler.

Caballed, heroed, Age death.

Most new players will get ganked and rage delete long before 40, so.. really well done. Thanks for the interactions (with istirith and my other various projects), sometimes I think it was just you around in herald during my daytime.

Good job on an excellent first character. Luck with the next

Fungor. (Guest)Wed 24-Nov-04 01:44 PM

#32874, "RE: Well..."
In response to Reply #13

We did consider Istirith as our leader to some degree, in the absence of a High Herald. As a taleteller, Fungor considered Istirith as a kindred spirit to some degree, and genuinely liked him and respected his wisdom. That wrong turn in Organia was definitely something to remember(It was 4 AM for me, so I really wanted Esfergref to win that one). You were one of those Heralds who were often present, as in his late stages, Fungor was pretty much all alone in there(exept when Nubley was around, we went to explore together those times and had a good time(Rixljyn(with whom I pondered most intricate theories when travelling) and Karzalynn were around at times too)).

Fungor.

Aira (Guest)Wed 24-Nov-04 12:05 PM

#32871, "RE: Fungor gone, goodbye!"
In response to Reply #1

Loved you and everything,m but sheezum, you lived FOREVER!

Fungor. (Guest)Wed 24-Nov-04 01:50 PM

#32875, "As you see, I didn't live forever."
In response to Reply #14

Ehsval said that Fungor wasn't going to croak at 70, but didn't reveal the actual age, which I know to be less than 79. According to this prognosis, the hours I would have gotten would have been around 635-725(while I got the 627, the gravepost here shows the 625, which I had on login), longer lived than most, which is why I am not too sorry about losing him(he had 8 con left, so it would have been one way or another).

I liked Aira too, she was a flashing personality.

Aira (Guest)Wed 24-Nov-04 04:01 PM

#32880, "RE: As you see, I didn't live forever."
In response to Reply #17

Aw, thanks. When I first made her I was quite pleased, but after my last disappearance, she...changed. I was considering deleting her and the next day when I went to sign on my computer hit the wall. Blah. Times like these I wish I wasn't some poor college student

Martoonie (Guest)Wed 24-Nov-04 11:06 PM

#32887, "RE: Fungor gone, goodbye!"
In response to Reply #1

I knew you in three incarnations, all hero Heralds. Your longevity as your first char on CF was amazing. I burn out very quickly, not because I want to, but because I plan poorly or just spend too much time on all at once. You were always there right when you were needed and always gave me a good reason to leave the Inn and explore or commit to something when I was feeling lethargic. Thank you and I do hope you will make another Herald again someday. Well done.

Martoonie

Fungor. (Guest)Thu 25-Nov-04 09:30 AM

#32890, "Another Herald? Perhaps, one day."
In response to Reply #19

Though I think it is time to give the other Cabals a try for now. Herald is a nice Cabal idea, but you don't feel very Caballed when the Inn is empty and other Heralds are not around, which was the reality of Fungor at most of the times and then the leaders start talking about Herald being so full(three is a crowd, it seems) even at these times I was less alone than most of times(more change of having another Herald in Thera, maybe even two). During the last ten or so hours in Fungors life Karzalynn showed up at the my last login(Fungor was all talk then, not having seen another Herald for ages(I was exploring Seantryn swamp that time, too bad I died(having Ceikalak spot me on my way to wastes to heal thornheart and spores was the beginning of the end(I was able to avoid him, of course, but Urog had better eyes in the wild..)) before I had a chance to finish the things there.))). But ultimately, my age death was my fault, not Urog's(he had just killed me, and I did a 'wear ring' after getting my stuff from the corpse(apparently, Urog had left me most of it and I was glad to avoid full regearing)(some after battle exitement was still there) failing to notice the ring of Zurcon first in the list). I know I had a chanse of killing Urog there, but guess which one of us is the more skilled player(which is why I tried to run away after he weaponbutted, sigil of pained and backstabbed me, as I had had a similar brawling room fight with Hipsin before, and although I won that, Urog was a more dangerous adversary and dealt considerably more damage)

So, I end this jungle of parenthesis here. It was nice I could give some thumbs up to your characters though.

Aira (Guest)Sat 27-Nov-04 12:39 AM

#32899, "THREE OTHERS?!"
In response to Reply #20

What other heralds did you play?

Martoonie (Guest)Sun 28-Nov-04 03:19 AM

#32901, "RE: THREE OTHERS?!"
In response to Reply #21

Ghroth, Ansrtril and another incarnation that will remain unmentioned until appropriate.

Martoonie

SplntrdSun 28-Nov-04 11:44 AM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32902, "You sound so surprised."
In response to Reply #21

Myself, I've played... five Heralds now. I guess the first three were way back and lowbies of no consequence, but... still. Heralds tend to come back.

Splntrd

Kedewyn (Guest)Thu 02-Dec-04 10:04 AM

#33016, "Nice to see me mentioned!"
In response to Reply #1

I knew you were a newbie that is why I often went and nabbed you those Swords of Honor and Flaming Rib of an elemental. I was happy when I saw you keep them for long times too. Good luck in your future!

Fungor. (Guest)Fri 03-Dec-04 04:47 AM

#33053, "And thus, I learned where they came from."
In response to Reply #24

Though getting the flaming rib by himself would have been hard for Fungor, as there are certain creatures in the way that would likely to kill Fungor(I did learn with you guys where the flaming rib is from...), though Fungor used ivory-hilted mithril longsword in his late life and had it almost all the time(even in death, as Urog did not steal it when he killed me. I lost it once and after that, I asked Raikorsai to help me get it for me and he went and brought me the sword). First time I got it, I was regearing with the help of other Heralds(Big thanks to Miaree for being there for me at the times I needed the help most!)

Fungor

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32795 Previous topic | Next topic