Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Gyronalis Rabonali the Planewalker" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #24503
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 09-Feb-04 11:28 PM
Member since 03rd May 2024
16828 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24503, "(DELETED) [None] Gyronalis Rabonali the Planewalker"

Mon Feb 9 22:26:17 2004

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Gyronalis perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:262

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Hurumph, Jaalek (Guest), 10-Feb-04 02:25 PM, #6
Reply RE: Hurumph, KoeKhaos, 10-Feb-04 04:58 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Hurumph, Vex (Guest), 12-Feb-04 12:48 AM, #14
Reply Well it was fun!, KoeKhaos, 10-Feb-04 12:38 PM, #4
Reply RE: Well it was fun!, Minya (Guest), 10-Feb-04 01:52 PM, #5
Reply RE: Well it was fun!, KoeKhaos, 10-Feb-04 05:01 PM, #10
Reply Thanks for alll your aid.. and welcome back n/t, Agarah (Guest), 10-Feb-04 02:50 PM, #7
Reply Hah, later pal., Keiigrahv (Guest), 10-Feb-04 04:07 PM, #8
Reply Jesus Koe, I expected more out of you, Big Dex (Guest), 10-Feb-04 11:41 PM, #11
Reply Hmmm..., KoeKhaos, 11-Feb-04 06:29 PM, #13
Reply RE: Well it was fun!, Kardok (Guest), 11-Feb-04 01:40 AM, #12
Reply RE: Well it was fun!, Rashava (Guest), 12-Feb-04 01:08 PM, #15
Reply RE: Well it was fun!, Bobbobimb (Guest), 13-Feb-04 11:48 AM, #16
Reply Known you with two characters, Baendra (Guest), 10-Feb-04 08:00 AM, #2
Reply RE: Known you with two characters, KoeKhaos, 10-Feb-04 12:32 PM, #3
Reply Bah., Ulgargkiz (Guest), 09-Feb-04 11:34 PM, #1

Jaalek (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-04 02:25 PM

#24523, "Hurumph"
In response to Reply #0

I always enjoyed/feared seeing you around considering the countless times id fight you 1 on 1, and then heal up a bit and 5 min later have 3 people knocking at the Giant. The last fight against you everything clicked and i was amazed at the # of preps I found in that sack. Gl with the next hopefully we can duke it out more

KoeKhaosTue 10-Feb-04 04:58 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
400 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24529, "RE: Hurumph"
In response to Reply #6

Hehe, I shouldn't have fought you that last time with an archon that only heals 50hp at a time... when it feels like it. I was assuming the other two with me were going to fight you and I THOUGHT the bard was still there two, but they didn't and so I died as usual to my own inability to fight with more caution and your quickness in taking advantage of the situation. Definately a good job there, you did the best out of everyone (besides Zylundak... oooh nightmares). I would count Zex here, for how amazingly intelligent he was about picking specs, but he didn't fight me one on one like you did, so I won't count it. I am sure he could have done well, but it was the only time me and him fought. UHm... Zheltranix hit hard and a lot, but never seemed to keep up with me like you so I always got a chance to heal. Maybe we will cross with our nexts... time will tell.

Vex (Guest)Thu 12-Feb-04 12:48 AM

#24557, "RE: Hurumph"
In response to Reply #9

Hey, thanks for the compliment! Just so you know, I realize I likely wouldn't have won the fight, and obviously, heh, didn't ask for help in it. I'm surprised Kardok (if that's his name) didn't come and assist you. Of course, Vex as a character didn't give a damn about the whole thing and found the event quite amusing...Sherilina had minutes earlier told me how she was going to kill me 'over and over again', so I was glad you had assisted (maybe not even) in making her an official enemy. Um, I can't really say much more because I don't remember ever encountering you other than that one event. Hope you have fun with your next?

KoeKhaosTue 10-Feb-04 12:38 PM
400 posts
#24516, "Well it was fun!"
In response to Reply #0

This was just intended to be my char to get me back into CF... soooo much has changed since I last really played and I thought, hey I remember a neutral neutral conjie that was titled the explorer and had a 97% pk ratio... so I should be able to do it too..... heh... heheeheh I died SOOOOOO much that I almost gave up after I got archons and foudn they only healed 50hp for a nuetral and only half as much... So I played my warrior for a little, deleted him and came back to Gyronalis and worked hard ignoring deaths. I finally made it to hero and everything got better with Transplendant archons. However... I did not have enough mana to get them without a hell of a lot of mana equipment. I had explored a huge amount of areas, learned a ton of preps, and basically did almsot everything I had origionally set out to do as this char so I decided after my last death that I didn't feel like equiping again and I should move on to the next char I want to play.

I want to Thank the following people.
Talislanthis... my friend throughtout my life.
Wothington... my friend throught out hero life.
Kardok, you taught me a good deal about some areas and were a BEAST.
Ragers and Sylvan made life interesting... were the ONLY enemies I had and the only people who bothered me... made it a bit diffacult once the ragers got more numbers though. I didn't do nearly as much exploring once Jinroh, Jaalek, and Rahno got in my range. Uhm...
Dalisha, You were fun to be around, though you did whine a good deal, but I attributed it to your seeming to be a newbie overall. Good luck!
UHm... I KNOW I am missing a lot of people... but I have a very pathetic memory... Just yell at me if I forgot you.

Minya (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-04 01:52 PM

#24520, "RE: Well it was fun!"
In response to Reply #4

We didn't interact much, but it will be sad to see you go. I thought your science forums were a wonderful idea. It was nice to see a meeting of intelligent characters with something to contribute. I'd looked forward to presenting at your next. Ah well, some other time. Good luck and have fun!

KoeKhaosTue 10-Feb-04 05:01 PM
400 posts
#24530, "RE: Well it was fun!"
In response to Reply #5

Well... the last forum went all to hell... ended up being tribunal verses the Imp with a few people dying (including me) which kinda made me not want to do it anymore. I had intended to use it as a start towards seeing if a cabal for neutrals would be made, but when Harg deleted I kinda faded on the idea a little, and the forums just didn't have the turnout I wanted... sure a few people showed up, but all they did was argue and only one or two would actually try to give a theory or something else interesting... but that's life I suppose. It was a novel idea though I think.

Agarah (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-04 02:50 PM

#24524, "Thanks for alll your aid.. and welcome back n/t"
In response to Reply #4

n/t

Keiigrahv (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-04 04:07 PM

#24527, "Hah, later pal."
In response to Reply #4

Didn't talk to you nearly as much as I should have. Glad I had an ally in you, anyway.

Big Dex (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-04 11:41 PM

#24534, "Jesus Koe, I expected more out of you"
In response to Reply #4

I hated this character, no offense. Every interaction I had with you smacked of OOC and that bugs me. I know you're better than this guy, get back into it or something. Come on!

Derexal

KoeKhaosWed 11-Feb-04 06:29 PM
400 posts
#24551, "Hmmm..."
In response to Reply #11

I think I am a little confused here. Firstly, do I know you? Secondly I had the LEAST OOC in this char of any (I've had past 40 that is) so I REALLY would like to know what it is I did that was so offensive so I can ensure I am not making the same mistakes. Thank you.

Kardok (Guest)Wed 11-Feb-04 01:40 AM

#24538, "RE: Well it was fun!"
In response to Reply #4

Well, when we first met in the vaults, I was seriously considering bashing you, heh. I didn't know what to expect from you for quite a while after we started interacting. Gradually you won me over, and we did some good exploring together. I felt bad about that time when you got ganked by those four villagers in Hamsah, the village rules must have changed, because the old Thror/Kastellyn/Intronan combo would have been seriously pissed at seeing that and probably booted all four of them. But anyway, I really liked your characters roleplay, and I'm sorry I missed the science expo and walked in at the end to some really weird stuff, but thanks for helping me regain once or twice. Anyway, good luck with the next.
Kardok

Rashava (Guest)Thu 12-Feb-04 01:08 PM

#24567, "RE: Well it was fun!"
In response to Reply #4

A pretty cool char you were, and original rp.
We interracted somewhat, on a trade base.
I was very impressed of you, truly.

Best of luck with your next

-Rashava

Bobbobimb (Guest)Fri 13-Feb-04 11:48 AM

#24582, "RE: Well it was fun!"
In response to Reply #4

Well, Gyronalis was strong, it was kind of funny that I was
so weak the first time we grouped, I was useless then. Didn't
help that all my spears got sacrificed, but you were fun to
hang around with nonetheless. I remember you taking me learning
against undead stuff, that was fun too. Thanks for all the good
times, even though our grouping never really helped me much.

Baendra (Guest)Tue 10-Feb-04 08:00 AM

#24514, "Known you with two characters"
In response to Reply #0

The first one liked you a lot, and spent a reasonable amount of time with you. We travelled a bit to some interesting places and you sent me some nice stuff when we were apart (unfortunately you kept doing it when I was with sylvans and they nearly attacked me because of it).

Baendra, on the other hand, hated you. Firstly, you threatened to kill her for grabbing the invitation of the Empress from the ground and not handing it to you. Quite why a trib would let you get away with murdering merchants in her town (given they are the main source of tax which pays her wages) and profiting from it by taking their things is beyond me. Firstly you claimed I stole it, and when I told you why I'd taken it you denied playing any part in the merchant's death. If that was the case, then it was no more your invitation than mine, and by taking it I still prevented anyone profiting from their deaths. Anyway, that's why I grabbed the invitations, and for the same reason is why I came into the palace of the Empress to hamper your attacks in there. I couldn't make you wanted under the law for it, but I wasn't going to let you murder at will either.

Just because something isn't a crime under the law (e.g. killing guard mobs) does not mean that a trib should turn a blind eye to it.

But the threat to kill me didn't make me hate you, because you get threats all the time. What really made me angry was you telling Agarah (at least, according to him) that I'd said I'd loot your corpses if you died fighting the blademaster. At the time, I thought you were lying and I half expected to get the boot for arguing my innocence instead of accepting a dressing down. Now that I've thought about it, I am not sure whether you were lying or whether you believed that is what I'd said, because I do remember saying something about not letting you get more from the corpses than I could avoid. However, I was talking about the corpses of the blademaster and anyone else you killed in the city. I didn't want to see you profiting at the city's expense. Were you just trying to frame me because I'd obstructed you, or did you genuinely think that I was saying I'd loot your corpses if you died even though you weren't criminals? Apparently you were an ally to the tribs too. I'm surprised that if you spent time around them you found my actions so objectionable.

PS: I would have come in to observe the fight against the blademaster had you brought elementals that used area effects. I only stayed out because I saw no point to coming in after I warned you about it and you brought air elementals instead. After the arcane was made wanted the reason I still didn't come in was because I didn't think I'd be able to manacle him before the blademaster attacked, and without manacles, there wasn't a lot I could achieve against a barriered mage.

I did, however, very much want to come to your science forums and see what they were like. I could see you struggling with the problem of how to encourage me to come even though you'd already threatened to kill me, which made me laugh in rl. The science thing sounded like a good idea. Sorry it didn't work out better for you. Still, sounds like it drew quite a few people.

KoeKhaosTue 10-Feb-04 12:32 PM
400 posts
#24515, "RE: Known you with two characters"
In response to Reply #2

Not sure if it will make you feel better, but it wasn't me who said that to Agarah. The only comment I made was about being treated like a criminal and that I did not like you. The other who was with me made the other comment to Agarah, and I simply did not say anything otherwise to it.

Ulgargkiz (Guest)Mon 09-Feb-04 11:34 PM

#24505, "Bah."
In response to Reply #0

Was hoping we'd work together more once I ranked up, good character always enjoyed our interactions. Best and all that on the next.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #24503 Previous topic | Next topic