Subject: "(Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the Cla..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #16586
Show all folders

YaofhilThu 03-Apr-03 06:07 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
40 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16586, "(Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the Cla..."

Well, hell.
That statement deserves it's own paragraph. Well, let's get to the point. I deleted because I ran into a dead end playing Yaofhil's role. I consider myself creative, but in order to make my role more interesting, I'd have had to do something really extreme and annoying. 367 hours is a good long time, too. Not as long as some of my characters, but it's a lot of hours and a lot of time in which to get bored. I may as well start on goodbyes, since it's probably gonna be friggin' long. I liked a lot of players, you see.

Immortals:
Vynmylak: You kick ass, but I'm sure you know that. I knew you as Lanaulyn, Karhon, and now Yaofhil. I have to say Yaofhil was my best times with you. I sure wish I had logged our first interview when I was level 19, it was great.

Shokai: My last three characters have all been of the Fortress, and none of them have been Skyborn followers. I have no idea why, but after meeting you with Yaofhil, I definitely am gonna try one soon. Thanks for consideration as captain, for the weapon, and for whatever time you spent watching me. I hope you don't feel it was all a waste.

Alnallander: I hadn't seen you much of late, but that don't mean anything. My hours were rather scarce of late, as boredom was kicking in. I liked you a lot, and had a blast teaching you to use axes!

Valguarnera: Thanks for cursing me. I thought my punishment was lenient considering some of the #### I talked to you. I would have castrated Yaofhil and ripped out his taste buds so he could never again taste ale!

Every Immortal: You all kick ass.

Fortress:
Khalazid: You rock, I enjoyed our interactions. You were a brother to Yaofhil.

Tarnyxil: I remember when you and Darente helped me hero. You are cool, and real fun to hang out with. I just loved all the friendly banter going between us constantly, I hope you did too.

Siorgriend: Keep the faith, man. I lived through two periods of time where Maran were few and far between and it seemed like all I could accomplish was to die. Just keep on truckin' and it will pay off.

To everybody else in the Fortress: There are a lot of you folk, and a lot of you were close to Yaofhil, but I am not about to try to list every single one of you. So I'll just settle with "Damn'd fargin' ####e, yahs all know I love yer!"

Scion worth mentioning:
Jhaelryna: You were a badass against Yaofhil (Frickin' ice shield!) but I also respected you for the fact that you played when the light was in power. Scions have a poor history of being fair weather-type characters.

Alarn: You got me once on the Eastern road, I got you once at the nightwalker. You left my gear for me when I died (a rarity in Yaofhil's life), and didn't whine about marans being mean when you died (a rarity for scions). Because of that, I give you props.

To the inductees waiting to squire: Sorry for jumping ship, but it's not like my playing time was often enough to interview much anyways. Still, I know you probably hate me. "Ha!"

To everyone else: Feel free to send your thoughts this way. I'd like input into my bad/good rp habits. Always room for improving, right?

List of hero characters that I recall:
Jiijjustan - Assassin, no cabal
Lanaulyn - shifter, Apostle of the Dawn, falcon/diamondback
Karhon - shaman, Maran, priest of Ilraeth
Yaofhil - chump!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply You were Karhon! Gosh!, Tynnyn (Guest), 27-Apr-03 12:53 AM, #57
Reply Yeah, from cold methodical giant to warm drunk-ass dwar..., Yaofhil Karhon (Guest), 27-Apr-03 01:00 AM, #58
Reply RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..., Abthalok (Guest), 19-Apr-03 02:18 PM, #55
Reply Abthalok/Karhon - Jorathas/Yaofhil, hahaha, Yaofhil, 20-Apr-03 03:03 AM, #56
Reply RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..., Jhard (Guest), 18-Apr-03 02:37 AM, #53
Reply That damn giant,, Yaofhil, 18-Apr-03 03:53 PM, #54
Reply RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..., Isildur, 12-Apr-03 11:27 PM, #51
Reply bah......., Quid (Guest), 12-Apr-03 11:50 PM, #52
Reply Well.., Luriel, 04-Apr-03 03:21 PM, #48
Reply Yes, Karhon had long hair, but, Yaofhil, 05-Apr-03 09:05 AM, #50
Reply Dang it!, Lruthlor (Guest), 04-Apr-03 12:19 PM, #46
Reply I dig your lingo, Yaofhil, 05-Apr-03 09:03 AM, #49
Reply RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..., Vynmylak, 04-Apr-03 04:48 AM, #40
Reply Lose a drinking contest? Yaofhil? No..., Yaofhil, 04-Apr-03 08:41 AM, #45
     Reply RE: Lose a drinking contest? Yaofhil? No..., Luriel, 04-Apr-03 03:10 PM, #47
Reply RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..., Vashka, 04-Apr-03 02:56 AM, #39
Reply Thanks for the fun times. n/t, Yaofhil, 04-Apr-03 08:38 AM, #43
Reply Nice character, one question..., Charlie Sheen, 03-Apr-03 10:48 PM, #37
Reply Fist of the Titans/Harmonius Equilibrium, details insid..., Yaofhil, 04-Apr-03 08:37 AM, #42
Reply RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..., Dimion (Guest), 03-Apr-03 08:55 PM, #31
Reply I smell a dwarf...., Dex (Guest), 03-Apr-03 08:04 PM, #25
Reply Fargin' chumps,, Yaofhil, 03-Apr-03 08:10 PM, #27
Reply Well ####..., Esmi (Guest), 03-Apr-03 03:28 PM, #20
Reply Who's my favorite giant?, Yaofhil, 03-Apr-03 09:03 PM, #32
     Reply LOL I remember that!!!, Esmi (Guest), 03-Apr-03 09:07 PM, #33
Reply Great char (txt), Some Dude (Guest), 03-Apr-03 03:26 PM, #19
Reply RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..., Darente (Guest), 03-Apr-03 02:38 PM, #18
Reply Thanks for the fun, Yaofhil, 03-Apr-03 09:21 PM, #36
Reply How truly chumpish of you!, Gastaad (Guest), 03-Apr-03 02:20 PM, #17
Reply RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..., Gorthalon, 03-Apr-03 02:04 PM, #16
Reply Was it something I sang?, Sylvrin (Guest), 03-Apr-03 01:36 PM, #15
Reply RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..., Alarn (Guest), 03-Apr-03 01:35 PM, #14
Reply Yeah, that was fun., Yaofhil, 03-Apr-03 09:15 PM, #35
Reply RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..., Farnsworth (Guest), 03-Apr-03 12:22 PM, #13
Reply Yeah, I would like to turn this around, Yaofhil, 03-Apr-03 08:15 PM, #30
Reply RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..., Abigail Brown (Guest), 03-Apr-03 11:39 AM, #12
Reply Mmm, jelly..., Yaofhil, 03-Apr-03 08:14 PM, #29
     Reply RE: Mmm, jelly..., Fortresser (Guest), 04-Apr-03 01:32 AM, #38
Reply from Arigil, Wemnar, 03-Apr-03 10:20 AM, #11
Reply I loved Arigil, Yaofhil, 03-Apr-03 08:11 PM, #28
Reply Dangit, Elrys (Guest), 03-Apr-03 09:59 AM, #10
Reply Well darn..., Yaofhil, 03-Apr-03 08:06 PM, #26
Reply RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..., Ulthur, 03-Apr-03 09:44 AM, #9
Reply Yeah, poor Khalazid, Yaofhil, 03-Apr-03 09:13 PM, #34
Reply RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..., Zargu, 03-Apr-03 09:27 AM, #8
Reply Yep, I just forgot you is all, Yaofhil, 03-Apr-03 08:02 PM, #24
     Reply RE: Yep, I just forgot you is all, Zargu, 04-Apr-03 04:51 AM, #41
Reply Nice job you cursing bastard., Lightmage, 03-Apr-03 09:13 AM, #7
Reply Yeah,, Yaofhil, 03-Apr-03 07:59 PM, #23
Reply What the...?, Narissa (Guest), 03-Apr-03 09:02 AM, #6
Reply Yeah, I felt like an idiot!, Yaofhil, 03-Apr-03 07:58 PM, #22
Reply Well done man., Vortigern (Guest), 03-Apr-03 08:44 AM, #5
Reply A worthy opponent, thanks for the fun. n/t, Yaofhil, 04-Apr-03 08:39 AM, #44
Reply Awesome char., Boldereth, 03-Apr-03 08:43 AM, #4
Reply Deveskrius, Ha!, Yaofhil, 03-Apr-03 07:55 PM, #21
Reply RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..., Siorgriend, 03-Apr-03 07:11 AM, #2
Reply Ha!, Yaofhil, 03-Apr-03 07:49 AM, #3
Reply Darn dwarf!, Sassmi (Guest), 03-Apr-03 06:31 AM, #1

Tynnyn (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-03 12:53 AM

#17157, "You were Karhon! Gosh!"
In response to Reply #0

I never realized that.

Yaofhil Karhon (Guest)Sun 27-Apr-03 01:00 AM

#17158, "Yeah, from cold methodical giant to warm drunk-ass dwar..."
In response to Reply #57

I loved Tynnyn with every character I knew him as.

Abthalok (Guest)Sat 19-Apr-03 02:18 PM

#16976, "RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..."
In response to Reply #0

Damn good job.

I got to run with you more often with Jorathas than with Abthalok, and get to know you more. We had a blast killing all those damned dragons and you threatining them with your ass. Shame I lost intreset when things were tilting waay to far to our side, looks like it would have been a slew more fun these days.

YaofhilSun 20-Apr-03 03:03 AM
40 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16980, "Abthalok/Karhon - Jorathas/Yaofhil, hahaha"
In response to Reply #55

I loved Abthalok as Karhon, and Jorathas as Yaofhil. It is funny to see how we spent a lot of time together from a couple different viewpoints of each other. Well done on both your characters, I loved them.

Jhard (Guest)Fri 18-Apr-03 02:37 AM

#16959, "RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..."
In response to Reply #0

Always wanted to see phekaosy toss you, he talked so much about it, had fun with you when i travelling with you teh few times, a well played dwarf, good luck with your next

YaofhilFri 18-Apr-03 03:53 PM
40 posts
#16970, "That damn giant,"
In response to Reply #53

Always trying to use a dwarf for a throwing device... I enjoyed our times together as well.

IsildurSat 12-Apr-03 11:27 PM
5969 posts
#16884, "RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..."
In response to Reply #0

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to learn what I now know about vanish.

I was so sure that attempt was going to work. Har.

Interacted with Lanaulyn too I think, though I can't remember which character I was playing at the time. One of the goodies.

Anyway, keep on trucking.

-Hlothere

Quid (Guest)Sat 12-Apr-03 11:50 PM

#16885, "bah......."
In response to Reply #51

>-Hlothere

You were Hlothere!? now I hate you Isildur

Another annoying assassin taking shots at me hehe :-P

LurielFri 04-Apr-03 03:21 PM
22 posts
#16662, "Well.."
In response to Reply #0

Damn !! You told me to wait for you and then you go and delete yourself ! Damn damn !

You know, I don't have as much time to play as I used to have, but , everytime I logged on I was hoping Yaofhil was there to hang out with .. I really loved it when I could call you fatty and the like, you being my 'superior' (I tried something similar with Khalazid, but he's not the kind of guy that can laugh very hard about that) As you said, it was fun to hang out with you. Btw, you remember saying that 'Tarnyxil was the best/orwhateverthewordwas elf Yaofhil knew' and then something about 'your trying to make a point', was that about what I thought it was ? Oh well, thanks for the good times, hope to see you around in team good.

Luriel aka Tarnyxil

Oh btw, Karhon was that the faggot that had to wipe the hair out of his face the whole time ?

YaofhilSat 05-Apr-03 09:05 AM
40 posts
#16695, "Yes, Karhon had long hair, but"
In response to Reply #48

Karhon was not a fag. Karhon was a manly giant! But yeah, you are thinking of the right dude. Thanks for calling me 'fatty' even after I inducted you. It made being captain all the more fun.

Lruthlor (Guest)Fri 04-Apr-03 12:19 PM

#16656, "Dang it!"
In response to Reply #0

Who the hell in the fortress is going to understand a word I saw now the drunken dwarf is gone!?!

I loved your char, IC: because you reminded Lruth of his adopted father and OOC: because you just did a great job of playing your role.

Sorry to see you go, would have loved to have earned my spurs with you around.

YaofhilSat 05-Apr-03 09:03 AM
40 posts
#16694, "I dig your lingo"
In response to Reply #46

You kick ass and are a great paladin. However, the thing that sold you well was your lingo. I love it! I hope you earn your spurs, and hell, I just might be around when you do. (Just not in the form of a fat ass dwarf!)

VynmylakFri 04-Apr-03 04:48 AM
52 posts
#16642, "RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..."
In response to Reply #0

Well played. I absolutely loved this character, with no reservations. Great interactions, and I looked forward to the day you could start teaching members how to fight "dwarven style" Only time I was ever shocked was when you lost the drinking contest... to an elf. Lucky you didn't have a beard or you'd of had to shave it off.

All jesting aside, I thought you balanced this character extremely well with the religion, the ways of the Brigade and your role. Hope to see you again.

-- Vyn

YaofhilFri 04-Apr-03 08:41 AM
40 posts
#16651, "Lose a drinking contest? Yaofhil? No..."
In response to Reply #40

I'm dead now, let's at least pretend I won that contest!

LurielFri 04-Apr-03 03:10 PM
22 posts
#16660, "RE: Lose a drinking contest? Yaofhil? No..."
In response to Reply #45

Actually.. no, let's not

Luriel aka Tarnyxil

VashkaFri 04-Apr-03 02:56 AM
Member since 12th Mar 2003
64 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#16633, "RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..."
In response to Reply #0

NOOOOOOO! Damnit. I like Yaofhil although I did think it was a little strange when you told me you loved me and thought maybe the end was coming sometime soon . Oh well. I hope you come back to the fortress soon, we could always use you.

Peace,
Vashka

YaofhilFri 04-Apr-03 08:38 AM
40 posts
#16649, "Thanks for the fun times. n/t"
In response to Reply #39

no text

Charlie SheenThu 03-Apr-03 10:48 PM
25 posts
#16631, "Nice character, one question..."
In response to Reply #0

What were your legacies and how'd you feel about them?

CS

*opinions are like assholes, everyone has one*

YaofhilFri 04-Apr-03 08:37 AM
40 posts
#16647, "Fist of the Titans/Harmonius Equilibrium, details insid..."
In response to Reply #37

Fist of the Titans: Definitely worth it, saved my life many times against other warriors and usually made it possible to dual wield axes even after serious maladictions were laid on me, like wither.

Harmonius Equilibrium: Well, if it made a difference I didn't notice one. When it comes to pk lag, everyone thinks in terms of 'combat rounds', but that's not how H.E. works, I don't think. It may have helped in some fights, I can't really be sure.

Dimion (Guest)Thu 03-Apr-03 08:55 PM

#16625, "RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..."
In response to Reply #0

well i thought i was done posting, but i still read em and i just gotta step up for you here.

oh man. no wonder i haven't seen ya about heh,.
well as for dimion thanks for the 'wedding witnessing'
and for the drink.
you were realy cool to my new char too. and the reason i tried a dwarf hehe. i kept meaning to talk with you of the fortress but never got the chance.
wickedly awesome character from the get go. maybe i haven't been playing long, but there aren't many like you man.
good luck with your next. i think that you can safely say that in yaofhil's 'heaven' he will have found his lake of ale. just save some for dimion as no one will give him drinks up here.
yes that elf drinks hard stuff.

Dex (Guest)Thu 03-Apr-03 08:04 PM

#16617, "I smell a dwarf...."
In response to Reply #0

My boy is gone!!! Hehe...I had a blast man, thanks for all the fun times. Nothing like having your little knee high avenger come screaming in axe's blazing to help you get all your crap back, or the assault on orcland, that was fun too. Or the drinking contest, which I did win by the way....Or just roughhousing/cursing at each other, which was great too. I've know all your characters in one form or another.....Lanaulyn - Derexal, Karhon - Sahvik/Masaryk, and now My boy Yaofhil with Sabrian. Come back strong with another maran, I know you want to. ;P.

Dex

YaofhilThu 03-Apr-03 08:10 PM
40 posts
#16619, "Fargin' chumps,"
In response to Reply #25

Contest? I don't remember any drinking contest. Ha! It was a blast throwing insults across the cabal channel. And we had a lot of great times as past characters too, thanks for all the fun.

Esmi (Guest)Thu 03-Apr-03 03:28 PM

#16610, "Well ####..."
In response to Reply #0

This sucks. With Yaofhil gone, CF is diminished. I only even hung onto my role as Esmi as long as I did, because the RP we had between us was just so damned good. I understand what you mean when you say you get to a point where your RP would just have to change drastically, I was also there. You kept me from deleting for a good long while.

Good luck with the next.

YaofhilThu 03-Apr-03 09:03 PM
40 posts
#16626, "Who's my favorite giant?"
In response to Reply #20

Ha! You were a blast to run with and rp with. It was cool seeing how pissed you got when I died. Ha!

Esmi (Guest)Thu 03-Apr-03 09:07 PM

#16627, "LOL I remember that!!!"
In response to Reply #32

You died, and I heard you die and totally flipped on the Chancellor and all the Scions there. I yelled "You killed my dwarf!" prepped up and ran into the Chasm and killed her, and then beat the other 2 defenders down. (I think one of them died too, I don't know I'll have to recheck my log if I can find it) That led to some good serious RPing in Arvams shrine, as I begged forgiveness for letting my anger drive me to kill people, and some praying at the Altar in the Fortress too for entering the Chasm expressly to kill instead of heal. I got some pretty uhmm...angry gechoes after that one. Heh. But hell it was all in character for a passion driven pally, so I just rode it out.

>Ha! You were a blast to run with and rp with. It was cool
>seeing how pissed you got when I died. Ha!

Some Dude (Guest)Thu 03-Apr-03 03:26 PM

#16608, "Great char (txt)"
In response to Reply #0

I knew you when you were Jiijjustan, as Lanaulyn, you saved my ass once as Karhon, and I knew you when you were Yaofhil.

Every single char in that list I suspected was played by an IMM.

I can't think of higher praise that I can give.

Darente (Guest)Thu 03-Apr-03 02:38 PM

#16607, "RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..."
In response to Reply #0

Definately a fun character, glad to have known you.

YaofhilThu 03-Apr-03 09:21 PM
40 posts
#16630, "Thanks for the fun"
In response to Reply #18

Was a blast talking with you. And thanks for helping me get those last few ranks back in the old days, too.

Gastaad (Guest)Thu 03-Apr-03 02:20 PM

#16606, "How truly chumpish of you!"
In response to Reply #0

I said this in my goodbye note but it cannot be said enough

You have a very very good all around character.

I mean when you are able to carry on an engaging conversation
in CF that isnt about kickin ass or getting your ass kicked or about a quest or weapons or whatever you have done a good job with your role. I of course am referring to that mithril coversation that we had. I loved it.

You did a fine fine job, even for a chump!

GorthalonThu 03-Apr-03 02:04 PM
8 posts
#16605, "RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..."
In response to Reply #0

Eh, I'm one of those countless others in the Fortress.

I haven't been able to log on much, if at all recently, because I just don't have time to play, but I only have a month of school left so I hope to be going strong again once the semester ends.

You helped me a fair bit, because our specs were the same. Just watching you during pk's, raids, and when we went off to kill things for the fun of it, I learned a great deal. I enjoyed RP'ing with you a lot, and it was fun the first day I interacted with you during that little interview type thing that went on, where you just said some stuff, asked some stuff, and we sat drinking ale.

Well done with this character, and good luck on your next. I think you would do fairly well as a Shokai follower whenever you decide to do it.

Gorthalon

Sylvrin (Guest)Thu 03-Apr-03 01:36 PM

#16604, "Was it something I sang?"
In response to Reply #0

Darn it all! Was my voice so bad I scared you off? Just kidding of course.

I had heard from several other characters how cool you were and I was glad we got to meet finally. I can't say much right now but I will say I was hoping to do a lot more interaction with you. I thought it was cool the time that you asked me about praying in the temple of light. I was hoping to get a chance to really talk with you sometime and tell you my viewpoint and philosophy on that subject. Oh well.

I hope you have fun with your next.
See you in the fields.

Alarn (Guest)Thu 03-Apr-03 01:35 PM

#16603, "RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for the to recognition, I'm glad you weren't bitter that I didn't fight you one-on-one. I really would have liked to give you a good fight, but it wasn't happening. You remember the fight you killed me...

*weapon break...hmm, unaffected, better try again*

*weapon break...ok, new tactic*

*hook...damn, it's cursed. Maybe if I try one more time...*

pincer

*crap*

*hook...still no luck*

pincer, dead.

Anyway, I'm glad we could st least get a (sort of) 2-2 fight in there.

YaofhilThu 03-Apr-03 09:15 PM
40 posts
#16629, "Yeah, that was fun."
In response to Reply #14

However, I do wish you would have come into the archmage with us instead of sitting at the stairs. You did get the sceptre back, but I was hoping you'd at least try to save the archmages life.

Farnsworth (Guest)Thu 03-Apr-03 12:22 PM

#16602, "RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..."
In response to Reply #0

We seem to keep meeting up with eachother in various forms (Farnsworth/Algorvhal/Loborguz). In the end I think the best praise is that which comes from both enemies and allies. I was both and I thought all were well played.

Of course the most recent was the worst for me. Yaofhil was the first hero I hunted after becoming Vindicator with Farnsworth. It was quite a steep learning curve getting used to being a vindicator and you were my first class. I don't recall whether I later got you alone or in a group but I think your beating me in the Fortress that time was one of the better fights I had as Farnsworth.

If I were to offer one piece of advice - which I will, it seems - I would say to try playing an evil. After Lan and Karhon and Yao, I think you should do something very different. Put your obvious rp and pk talents to a different purpose. Just my opinion.

Good luck and I look forward to meeting your next character.

YaofhilThu 03-Apr-03 08:15 PM
40 posts
#16622, "Yeah, I would like to turn this around"
In response to Reply #13

And say that you yourself kick ass. I loved all three of your characters, even the two that were enemies. Rock on.

Abigail Brown (Guest)Thu 03-Apr-03 11:39 AM

#16599, "RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..."
In response to Reply #0

Aww. Sorry I havn't been around more, but I guess I'll have to find another use for that garlic jelly.

Thanks for letting ol' Abby Brown pamper you silly.

YaofhilThu 03-Apr-03 08:14 PM
40 posts
#16621, "Mmm, jelly..."
In response to Reply #12

Yeah, where the hell have you been? I hadn't seen you in like a month so Yaofhil's belly was starting to grumble. Heh, characters like Abby made being a dwarf so much more fun. Abby kicks ass!

Fortresser (Guest)Fri 04-Apr-03 01:32 AM

#16632, "RE: Mmm, jelly..."
In response to Reply #29

>Abby kicks ass!

I think everyone agrees on that. It'd be nice to see Abby making regular appearances again.

WemnarThu 03-Apr-03 10:20 AM
10 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#16598, "from Arigil"
In response to Reply #0

You were great I still laugh when I think about how we meet. I was an eager elf waiting to go into the chasm and I look to you and say... "Sanctuary Me." That was hilarious you were like I'm not fragging paladin. Anyway Good Job and you didn't reply to my thread!

Ny.

YaofhilThu 03-Apr-03 08:11 PM
40 posts
#16620, "I loved Arigil"
In response to Reply #11

Sorry, I hadn't been looking at the battlefield enough to notice you had died. You were one of my favorite warriors to run around with. Thanks for the fun.

Elrys (Guest)Thu 03-Apr-03 09:59 AM

#16597, "Dangit"
In response to Reply #0

Your note was funny, but not what I wanted to see. Oh well. I always liked interacting with you, though we didn't talk all that much. A shame to lose you, especially now with a lich for you to fight.

I always wanted to get a chance to know you better, but my times were really scant for a while too, and things are busy as you know. Good luck with whatever's next. Given your past list of characters it seems like I might end up knowing him.

YaofhilThu 03-Apr-03 08:06 PM
40 posts
#16618, "Well darn..."
In response to Reply #10

I wanted to get to know Elrys better too, but like you say...
Heh, from my experiences with the lich when he was a regular necromancer, I really don't think I would have been getting many chances to fight him. (Until there was a drow invoker/healer/and two bashing warriors to throw into the mix.) But yeah, maybe we'll meet up later in life.

UlthurThu 03-Apr-03 09:44 AM
44 posts
#16596, "RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..."
In response to Reply #0

What's with the mortality rate of the Captain position? Already two down, and none of the other positions have had more than one!

Ulthur only got to spend a bit of time with you, toward the end of his life, but it was always fun. Yaofhil was a perfect dwarf, I thought. Had the attitude, and the language that added flavor but didn't make you impossible to understand.

Anyway, I didn't know Lanaulyn, but great characters in Karhon and Yaofhil. Keep that sort of thing up, it's characters like that that make playing fun.

Ulthur

"Don't worry cutsy buttons. Tonight, dyin's not on the menu!"

- Strong Bad as Dangeresque

YaofhilThu 03-Apr-03 09:13 PM
40 posts
#16628, "Yeah, poor Khalazid"
In response to Reply #9

I feel bad for him.

ZarguThu 03-Apr-03 09:27 AM
Member since 06th Mar 2003
208 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#16595, "RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..."
In response to Reply #0

Hmmm... Thanks for not mentioning me...

Scions worth mentioning and you only mention Jhaelryna? As it is now there are but ... 6 scions? Out of those i havent seen any quitting in bad times, i have been there defending even the odds was against me, making life hell for those who tried (at least i tend to think that).

Never the less, you played a great char, and you seemed skilled but drop the light for one change ?! Try an evil warrior! Enough said, well done!

/Zharaluzar

YaofhilThu 03-Apr-03 08:02 PM
40 posts
#16616, "Yep, I just forgot you is all"
In response to Reply #8

I did like the fact that you would at least defend the archmage. You are a cool cat. That time you got me and Siorgriend at the archmage was just wrong. But you have to understand something. I fled at like 100hp and could have escaped with a potion for teleport. But I wasn't about to teleport out and let Siorgriend die in my place. So I said 'screw it' and put in another pincer command.

ZarguFri 04-Apr-03 04:51 AM
Member since 06th Mar 2003
208 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#16643, "RE: Yep, I just forgot you is all"
In response to Reply #24

I do understand that, and i respect that... As i wrote in my log, sorry for saccing your armor, but i knew that if you both returned fully equipped, then i would stand little chance... As for slippery... When you, a lion, a jaguar?!, Starkad?!, and gods knows who else was there... I was summoned, pincered, clawed, dispelled ect.. Got away with 82 hps left out of a full 1100. Ouch...

LightmageThu 03-Apr-03 09:13 AM
319 posts
#16594, "Nice job you cursing bastard."
In response to Reply #0

I met you with a young Anith, and you cursed me out in aridhol. I led another back and killed you and the taunts began. I cant recall killing you again but you were fun to fight the few times we did. Well role played charactor.

Nice job.

Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man.

YaofhilThu 03-Apr-03 07:59 PM
40 posts
#16615, "Yeah,"
In response to Reply #7

I don't think I ever said this when you left, but I did like Anith a lot. Was fun to pester yah!

Narissa (Guest)Thu 03-Apr-03 09:02 AM

#16593, "What the...?"
In response to Reply #0

I'd thought you were joking when you said those words. But something told me I'm going to find you here.

Why? Damnit! We were having fun, you were one of those warriors that made me think many times before attacking. Well played and I truly enjoyed our interactions and jibes. I still remember you pincering another Maran - Vahlorn, I think. From then on, I was calling you 'Old Man'.

You were rock with all your characters. Nicely done!

YaofhilThu 03-Apr-03 07:58 PM
40 posts
#16614, "Yeah, I felt like an idiot!"
In response to Reply #6

I have to be the first maran in history to gate in and pincer his fellow maran! Damnit!
But yeah, I was having fun testing the waters with Narissa. 'Stop it o' yah gon'a get o' dwarf horny! Ha!'
Thanks for the half a dozen fights and for the intellectual conversations we had.

Vortigern (Guest)Thu 03-Apr-03 08:44 AM

#16591, "Well done man."
In response to Reply #0

The way you speaked annoyed me...and the times you got me without sanctuary sucked too...but I did fight some good battles with you. Some I won, some I didn't.

Good luck for your next.

YaofhilFri 04-Apr-03 08:39 AM
40 posts
#16650, "A worthy opponent, thanks for the fun. n/t"
In response to Reply #5

no text

BolderethThu 03-Apr-03 08:43 AM
197 posts
#16590, "Awesome char."
In response to Reply #0

Been a while since there was a Johan/Balrahd quality Maran with a few exceptions, and honestly I thought you were Balrahd, which is a compliment I assure you. Awesome char.

Deveskrius

YaofhilThu 03-Apr-03 07:55 PM
40 posts
#16613, "Deveskrius, Ha!"
In response to Reply #4

He was one of my favorite enemies of all time, the kind of enemy you fear but just can't help wanna fight.

SiorgriendThu 03-Apr-03 07:11 AM
Member since 09th Mar 2003
11 posts
#16588, "RE: (Del) Yaofhil BurntStones the Cursed Sounder of the..."
In response to Reply #0

Damn it chump! You know I get lonely Great character man. One of the best Ive ever interacted with (though I am relatively new). You taught me a lot about everything! Fighting, areas, items, roleplay, everything! I should have known this was coming when you told me you finally found your lake of ale and called me Siorgriend instead of chump . You were a great Captain for what its worth. Never too busy to talk to other fortress members or applicants. Well thats an exageration but you tried! Thanks for the RP and putting up with such a hopeless Paladin Come back again! We need you!

YaofhilThu 03-Apr-03 07:49 AM
40 posts
#16589, "Ha!"
In response to Reply #2

A hopeless paladin is one who worries too much about saving his own ass or gear. A real paladin is Siorgriend. If you weren't, you'd not be a full maran. Besides, a paladin that will rp his butt off kicks more ass than one who has the coolest gear all the time.
You read my farewell note to the Fortress? I think it serves Yaofhil right to drown in the lake of ale after spending his whole life obsessing over it. Ha! Hang in there long enough, and maybe you'll meet my next fortress reincarnation.

Sassmi (Guest)Thu 03-Apr-03 06:31 AM

#16587, "Darn dwarf!"
In response to Reply #0

Had alot of enjoyable time with you. Thanks.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #16586 Previous topic | Next topic