Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Vager the Student of the Macalla" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #141221
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 02-May-21 12:40 PM
Member since 25th Apr 2024
16809 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141221, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Vager the Student of the Macalla"

Sun May 2 12:35:08 2021

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Vager perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:48
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:50

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Vager the Student of the Macalla, gnipaheler, 09-May-21 10:19 AM, #15
Reply Meh, but perhaps it's OK, Nexus (Anonymous), 05-May-21 11:22 AM, #1
     Reply Seems like the mage that fell for that got what was com..., Not Vager but... (Anonymous), 05-May-21 02:49 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Seems like the mage that fell for that got what was..., NoneOfTheAbove (Anonymous), 05-May-21 03:26 PM, #3
          Reply It's just lame, and very rarely IC, Java, 05-May-21 03:55 PM, #4
          Reply Basically, I fully agree with Java's viewpoint here, Nexus (Anonymous), 05-May-21 04:00 PM, #5
          Reply I absolutely hate it, Jhyrbian, 05-May-21 04:46 PM, #8
               Reply This. (n/t), Aithiar, 06-May-21 03:20 AM, #10
          Reply I bet you 20$ (4 PBFs) that this guy did not have a rol..., Nexus (Anonymous), 05-May-21 04:03 PM, #6
          Reply RE: Seems like the mage that fell for that got what was..., ordasen, 05-May-21 04:42 PM, #7
               Reply It's a flawed system all around. , Lhydia, 05-May-21 09:27 PM, #9
                    Reply will never happen, Jhyrbian, 06-May-21 08:07 AM, #11
                    Reply My perspective, NoobAgain, 06-May-21 09:47 AM, #12
                    Reply A left-over from a bygone era., Aithiar, 06-May-21 12:05 PM, #13
                    Reply Is it time for my next char?, lasentia, 07-May-21 08:21 AM, #14
                    Reply That's weird., ice king, 10-May-21 10:03 AM, #16
                         Reply I don’t think I’ve played Fort in 5 years..., Lhydia, 10-May-21 02:38 PM, #17
                              Reply Cardinal, Beroxxus, 10-May-21 04:59 PM, #18
                              Reply Yes., Lhydia, 10-May-21 05:21 PM, #19
                              Reply And I doubt you ever will again. Unless Baer comes bac..., ice king, 10-May-21 10:44 PM, #20

gnipahelerSun 09-May-21 10:19 AM
Member since 09th May 2021
1 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141270, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Vager the Student of the Macalla"
In response to Reply #0

NOO! I was looking forward to playing with you at hero rank!

Nexus (Anonymous)Wed 05-May-21 11:22 AM
Charter member
#141247, "Meh, but perhaps it's OK"
In response to Reply #0

I personally think that getting your first mage kill (as a neutral / neutral cloud giant) by asking a mage to group and then bashing him to death is in exceptionally poor taste.

But then you seemed new, so perhaps it's OK and just part of the acclimatization process.

Not Vager but... (Anonymous)Wed 05-May-21 02:49 PM
Charter member
#141248, "Seems like the mage that fell for that got what was com..."
In response to Reply #1

I don’t know why everyone expects battleragers to play any nicer than the rest of the mud. Doesn’t say anywhere that zerkers must be morons.

NoneOfTheAbove (Anonymous)Wed 05-May-21 03:26 PM
Charter member
#141249, "RE: Seems like the mage that fell for that got what was..."
In response to Reply #2

It is a borderline evil thing to do in character. However, if you've been waiting for a long time for a mage to login, I can understand the urge. It doesn't have much to do with intelligence. Of the character anyway.

JavaWed 05-May-21 03:55 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#141250, "It's just lame, and very rarely IC"
In response to Reply #2

If you're playing a character that would actally act that (ie, someone with questionable morality, deceptive, and who doesn't mind lying about who he is) that's fine RP-wise.

Whether a random neutral-neutral cloud giant warrior is actually some multi-faceted, deceptive, hiding-who-he-really is Village scout or something.. well, it sounds interesting if that's what this character was. I'm not sure I believe that's the case though.

In general, most people aren't roleplaying being deceptive assholes.. they're just taking the easy route. Also, just from a sportsmanship perspective it's a pretty pathetic tactic.

Nexus (Anonymous)Wed 05-May-21 04:00 PM
Charter member
#141251, "Basically, I fully agree with Java's viewpoint here"
In response to Reply #4

nt

JhyrbianWed 05-May-21 04:46 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141254, "I absolutely hate it"
In response to Reply #4

when I agree with you 100%

AithiarThu 06-May-21 03:20 AM
Member since 26th Mar 2017
73 posts
#141258, "This. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #8

(n/t)

Nexus (Anonymous)Wed 05-May-21 04:03 PM
Charter member
#141252, "I bet you 20$ (4 PBFs) that this guy did not have a rol..."
In response to Reply #2

Invest 5$ to make 20$ for the community.

ordasenWed 05-May-21 04:42 PM
Member since 18th Feb 2004
216 posts
#141253, "RE: Seems like the mage that fell for that got what was..."
In response to Reply #2

As echoed by a few, I'm not really a fan of asking anyone to group and then bash them down for your kill. And trust me, I KNOW the pain getting that kill. Its BS a lot of times. Now, I've asked people before "You traveling?Where?" I would never ask them to group.

The caveat is however IF you are sphere deception, or a sneaky bastard that is going for scout...or even could be stretched to defender...sure. So long as its within the role.

Hell, last year I made a mage to just sit around and let people get free mage kills because I know how much a pain in the ass it was. (nothing done ooc...just being nice to any and all) But I had 1 applicant ask me to group. Well...he WOULD have gotten the kill for free..but when I saw that BS I said hell no. Actually got a group and killed him :p

LhydiaWed 05-May-21 09:27 PM
2379 posts
#141256, "It's a flawed system all around. "
In response to Reply #7

Requiring 1 mage kill, or currently 3 mage kills, for induction is fairly frustrating to anyone wanting to join the cabal. This has been argued multiple times. It rewards players who coordinate with friends for mage kills and punishes newbies who don't know the 'work arounds' and will likely end up eating 3 deaths consecutively if playing a mage.

My solution has always been give potential ragers 'applicant' status once they reach a certain threshold of magical items given to Tahren OR mage kill. You are destroying magic, you are doing something under your own control to do it. You literally cannot make a mage log in. Longest I have been is 3 weeks without a mage kill and that is after playing multiple hours a day. 3 weeks to basically start a character.

Maybe like if 40 hours and have given magical items to Tahren prompt the applicant quest.

Current system only encourages 'role breaking' or 'betrayal' behaviors. And by the way, asking someone to group and bashing them down didn't used to be a bad thing, a dead mage was a dead mage. Now everyone is held to parity/honor regardless of berserker status.

JhyrbianThu 06-May-21 08:07 AM
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141259, "will never happen"
In response to Reply #9

it makes too much sense

NoobAgainThu 06-May-21 09:47 AM
Member since 01st Mar 2007
408 posts
#141261, "My perspective"
In response to Reply #9

I'll give you my perspective. I simply will not consider any cabal that has a PK requirement pre-admission. I'm not saying they should not exist, I'm just saying that in 20+ years of CF, it's been a barrier which I did not have any interest in overcoming.

I will further make an observation that cabals that have PK requirements (Village, Fortress for Maran) appeal to certain category of players and perhaps could be philosophically more interesting if they also picked up other players. In other words, expand / break the "Spike" stereotype.

https://boardgames.stackexchange.com/questions/38836/who-are-johnny-timmy-and-spike-and-what-do-they-do#:~:text=rush%20of%20competition.-,Spike%20enjoys%20the%20stimulation%20of%20outplaying,and%20the%20glory%20of%20victory.&text=Johnny%2C%20Timmy%2C%20and%20Spike%20are,the%20metagame%20for%20new%20expansions.

AithiarThu 06-May-21 12:05 PM
Member since 26th Mar 2017
73 posts
#141265, "A left-over from a bygone era."
In response to Reply #9

Back in the day, Village applicants not only had a wider target range but their odds of stumbling across newbs were higher.

Today, there's no such low-hanging fruit left. This leads to fairly absurd situations of the sort Ordasen described: him running around with a lowbie mage as a gesture of sympathy.

That's not yet mentioning the fact that this state of affairs is bound to encourage OOC coordination.

lasentiaFri 07-May-21 08:19 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141267, "Is it time for my next char?"
In response to Reply #13
Edited on Fri 07-May-21 08:21 AM

Grivektem the gnome invoker. (since they get hth at level 1)
Sphere Courage, maybe combat.

Role: Grivektem was forced into magical studies at a young age by his parents, but he always envied the other gnomes who learned to fight with their hands and weapons. Now, though he is mage through training, Grivektem is out to prove gnome magicians can be every bit the physical warrior as everyone else, and as such he sits in marketsquare all day waiting to pummel any and all would be aggressors with nothing but his tiny fists. He'll never run from a fight, even if he may lose, because he knows the fight itself is what matters, not the outcome. A pugilistic purist at heart, he uses his own magical abilities sparingly, and never in direct combat with any other would be heroes of Thera.

ice kingMon 10-May-21 10:03 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2016
162 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141273, "That's weird."
In response to Reply #9

So I guess it's okay to encourage this "role breaking" only if you're a MARAN leader? Stop being a hypocrite. It's not good for the game.

You're spare parts bud.

LhydiaMon 10-May-21 02:38 PM
2379 posts
#141274, "I don’t think I’ve played Fort in 5 years..."
In response to Reply #16

Not sure what you’re getting at.

BeroxxusMon 10-May-21 04:59 PM
Member since 25th Apr 2003
176 posts
#141275, "Cardinal"
In response to Reply #17

Well you did ask about becoming Cardinal last year with a certain character (can't remember if you claimed). Did you ever get a hat and book and dress red?

LhydiaMon 10-May-21 05:21 PM
2379 posts
#141276, "Yes."
In response to Reply #18

Pininip was Cardinal for a few days but accidentally killed a few city guards. He did a blood ritual to make amends and ended up conjuring Einoh. He got bludgeoned to death with a book by the new deity, who was confused and felt unreasonable after. The book was called 'Maranating Your Spirit in 12 months'. He has been giving the book rave reviews lately and bathing in the blood of the wicked and occasionally a city guard. The real story behind Pininip's deletion ya.

ice kingMon 10-May-21 10:44 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2016
162 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141279, "And I doubt you ever will again. Unless Baer comes bac..."
In response to Reply #17

you're a cute koi

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #141221 Previous topic | Next topic