Subject: "(DEL) Lurdonis the Weaponsmaster" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #13844
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 05-Jan-03 04:06 PM
Member since 03rd May 2024
16828 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13844, "(DEL) Lurdonis the Weaponsmaster"

Sun Jan 5 16:05:45 2003

8 o''clock AM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Dark Shades on the Theran calendar Lurdonis perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:198
PK Ratio:44% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Well, heres my thoughts!, Yhorian (Guest), 07-Jan-03 05:46 AM, #10
Reply RE: (DEL) Lurdonis the Weaponsmaster, Lurdonis (Guest), 05-Jan-03 04:42 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DEL) Lurdonis the Weaponsmaster, Darmok, 05-Jan-03 05:26 PM, #3
Reply RE: (DEL) Lurdonis the Weaponsmaster, Lurdonis (Guest), 05-Jan-03 06:21 PM, #5
     Reply Last post, Darmok, 05-Jan-03 06:28 PM, #6
          Reply You're wrong, show me logs and I'll believe otherwise. ..., Lurdonis (Guest), 05-Jan-03 06:34 PM, #7
Reply RE: (DEL) Lurdonis the Weaponsmaster, Guenrayn (Guest), 05-Jan-03 05:37 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DEL) Lurdonis the Weaponsmaster, Kierning (Guest), 05-Jan-03 11:41 PM, #8
Reply RE: (DEL) Lurdonis the Weaponsmaster, Grogim (Guest), 06-Jan-03 06:18 AM, #9
Reply I enjoyed fighting you. Good luck wih the next. NT, Koaeb (Guest), 05-Jan-03 04:11 PM, #1

Yhorian (Guest)Tue 07-Jan-03 05:46 AM

#13845, "Well, heres my thoughts!"
In response to Reply #0

Damn you seemed to learn fast, I do remember you going for from the 'err.. guys, can you find me a good sword' to the 'oh, yeah i could take that sword... but i got 5 better and some legacies to boot!' really quickly. You turning hero meant lots for the rift as you really did work well with the legacies you had. Once I was ghosted I just follow you for bond powers and picking up weapons, it was hilarious! Admittedly cheap... but you can't deny it was a good tactic.

Once again, sorry I was a useless bondmate but conjie's really can't do much for others. We're all selfish bastards

Pushwance will miss you, though you never even tried to feed him from memory so... guess you loose points on the cat-love'o'meter.

Shame to lose another good warrior, hope you had fun at least. You really seemed to gain skill quick and now nexus has one less hero-warrior... (a big 'awww' from the audience please!)

Yhorian.

Lurdonis (Guest)Sun 05-Jan-03 04:42 PM

#13846, "RE: (DEL) Lurdonis the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #0

Well I finally decided to toss this character. Recently, I've been very bored with him and haven't had a whole lot of time to play so I figured it was time to take out the trash.

I had a lot of fun with this character and learned quite a few things that are going to help me a lot in the future, so it wasn't a waste. Very surprised with the PK ratio, I was expecting something like maybe between 15 and 25.

For the past few weeks, when I logged on I was the only Nexus online. For I think three whole weeks. That probably helped with the deletion because it's no fun being the only one around, and then throw in four or five hero ragers and no link...

Ragers - There were only a select few that I actually liked in the slightest. Those were Guenrayn, Rodonar, and Koaeb. They weren't babbling incompetent asses like most of the village seems to be nowadays. (*most* of the village, there are/were quite a few that I didn't mention that are not babbling incompetent asses) My least favorite ragers were Darmok and Grogim. Darmok, at first you came across to me as one of those idiot newbies you kill and then they tell you, "You will die by my blade many times in the future," and then turn quiet mode on, which is actually almost an exact copy of what you did when I killed you the first few times. Though I do have to admit, most of our fights were very close and exciting. And then Grogim, I didn't meet you very much at all, but I heard of your policy which could almost literally be translated into "Be as weak as the enemy." That just seems kind of bad for a rager.

Allies - I don't have much to say here because you all deleted. For the last few days it was me alone. But before that, some people I liked were Mernon, Yhorian, Kragnar, Kierning, Vortigern, and everyone else I can't remember right now.

Well that's it for now, I'll probably roll up another Nexus sometime in the future, right after I play something evil for a while. If anyone wants to get in touch with me, my e-mail is
diebillard@hotmail.com

The corpse of Lurdonis lies here, pierced in several places.

Die Billard

DarmokSun 05-Jan-03 05:26 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
0 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13850, "RE: (DEL) Lurdonis the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #2

Of all the enemies in all the cabals in all the gin joints in thera... you were the one least respected. I will say why.

You never, ever, not even once, would come to the village to fight when we had powers. And in fact for the most part you would not fight when we did even if not at the village. But, when we did not have the head, you would come and attack the giant and start sending "you coward" tells to me, saying that by not coming and fighting you when you wanted, by not coming to the giant to defend him when we did not have the head, I was a coward, blah blah blah.

In fact I remember one time when a group of three nexuns and scions came to raid and you deliberately stayed behind because I could not harm them but could harm you. You would not fight me at the destructor even though they could rescue you out. But five hours later, after they had taken the head, you came back with them, had them kill the giant and then came into the destructor to fight me.

I thought you were pathetic in every way. In our last two fights you at least stayed and fought, so you get a point for that. Otherwise, you demonstrated absolutely zero skill or ability either in mechanics or roleplay and my going deaf was after your continued ranting and post-ganging commentary. You, along with Kragnar, were among the most gang-oriented warriors I have encountered in my years here and you did nothing redeeming in my eyes. With one exception, being the one time you killed me and left things in my corpse. Frankly I attribute it to some blindness or -dex or -str I did not know about, but since I cannot prove it I will give you credit for that.

I hope you come back as someone who will play to have fun, and not play to just gang or run away whenever the odds are against you.

Lurdonis (Guest)Sun 05-Jan-03 06:21 PM

#13851, "RE: (DEL) Lurdonis the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #3

>Of all the enemies in all the cabals in all the gin joints in thera... you were the one least respected. I will say why.

Fair enough, I felt the same way about you.

>You never, ever, not even once, would come to the village to fight when we had powers.

Probably didn't have any reason to. And then, put yourself in my position, during most of the time when you and I were around together, I knew no preps at all. Now, would you, as a totally unprepped warrior, come to the village and try to get the link back when there was a bloodthirsting, deathblowing rager around to defend? It just makes sense that I wouldn't.

>And in fact for the most part you would not fight when we did even if not at the village.

I logged all of our solo fights away from the village except the most recent one and the one where you entwined me near the inn, and in all of those, you had the head. (You might not have during the one near the inn, but you won anyway so it doesn't matter)

>But, when we did not have the head, you would come and attack the giant and start sending "you coward" tells to me, saying that by not coming and fighting you when you wanted, by not coming to the giant to defend him when we did not have the head, I was a coward, blah blah blah.

I only came to the village and called you a coward once, and that was purely out of mockery of you spouting off the same back at me constantly.

>In fact I remember one time when a group of three nexuns and scions came to raid and you deliberately stayed behind because I could not harm them but could harm you.

I think I remember this, they were asking me if I wanted to come, and there were no ragers that any of them could harm. There were enough of them that they could handle the destructor no problem, and since I wouldn't have made a difference and could possibly have died, why shouldn't I stay behind? Why risk dying when it's not going to matter at all?

>You would not fight me at the destructor even though they could rescue you out. But five hours later, after they had taken the head, you came back with them, had them kill the giant and then came into the destructor to fight me.

Well duh, that's just common sense. If I have a choice whether to fight a rager with or without the head, I would choose without. Wouldn't you and pretty much anybody?

>I thought you were pathetic in every way.

Back at you.

>In our last two fights you at least stayed and fought, so you get a point for that. Otherwise, you demonstrated absolutely zero skill or ability either in mechanics or roleplay and my going deaf was after your continued ranting and post-ganging commentary.

Check Dio's about this 'ranting and post-ganging commentary.' I posted the log of you turning quiet mode on at the end after I killed you. Here's the end of it...

<268hp 542m 262mv 2562tnl 12143CP 10 AM wilderness>
Your freezing bite MANGLES Darmok!
Darmok is DEAD!!
You hear Darmok's death cry.

<268hp 542m 262mv 2562tnl 12143CP 10 AM wilderness> cb Darmoks is dead.
save
Lurdonis: Darmoks is dead.

<286hp 542m 310mv 2562tnl 12143CP 11 AM wilderness> Saving...Character saved. Remember, CF does autosaving.

<286hp 542m 310mv 2562tnl 12143CP 11 AM wilderness> cb Two points for Lurdonis.
Lurdonis: Two points for Lurdonis.

<286hp 542m 310mv 2562tnl 12143CP 11 AM wilderness> exa corpse
The corpse of Darmok is here, the bluish flesh badly frostbitten.
The corpse of Darmok contains:
a gleaming silver sword
(Glowing) a sword of fine black steel
a cowhide knapsack
(Glowing) a shirt of shining silver chain
(Glowing) the amulet of Ravenkind
a blue sapphire ring
a pair of black steel gauntlets
(Red Aura) red-gold dragon boots
some leggings from the snow worm
a silver ring set with a single malachite
a studded black leather collar
a thick belt of woven gold
a red plumed battlehelm
(Glowing) an ornately carved jadeite flail
a white sword
a poncho from the carcass of Dokren
a chain flail
a silver shield with a red dragon crest
(Glowing) a feather of levitation
a silver chain flail
21908 copper coins

<286hp 542m 310mv 2562tnl 12143CP 11 AM wilderness>
Kyeila: Nice work.

<286hp 542m 310mv 2562tnl 12143CP 11 AM wilderness> g all.coins corpse
You get 21908 copper coins from the corpse of Darmok.

<286hp 542m 310mv 2562tnl 34051CP 11 AM wilderness> exa corpse
The corpse of Darmok is here, the bluish flesh badly frostbitten.
The corpse of Darmok contains:
a gleaming silver sword
(Glowing) a sword of fine black steel
a cowhide knapsack
(Glowing) a shirt of shining silver chain
(Glowing) the amulet of Ravenkind
a blue sapphire ring
a pair of black steel gauntlets
(Red Aura) red-gold dragon boots
some leggings from the snow worm
a silver ring set with a single malachite
a studded black leather collar
a thick belt of woven gold
a red plumed battlehelm
(Glowing) an ornately carved jadeite flail
a white sword
a poncho from the carcass of Dokren
a chain flail
a silver shield with a red dragon crest
(Glowing) a feather of levitation
a silver chain flail

<422hp 542m 313mv 2562tnl 34051CP 2 PM civilized> Darmok tells you 'I know of no greater coward than you. Your deaths will be plenty, and often.'

<438hp 542m 301mv 2562tnl 34051CP 4 PM civilized> tell darmok Why didn't you kill me just then then?
He is not receiving tells.

now look at this statement again...
and my going deaf was after your continued ranting and post-ganging commentary.

First off, I was alone there. Second, where was my post-'gang'ing commentary?

>You, along with Kragnar, were among the most gang-oriented warriors I have encountered in my years here and you did nothing redeeming in my eyes.

I don't see where this is coming from, I only tried to gang you once compared to the five or six times we fought solo.

>With one exception, being the one time you killed me and left things in my corpse.

That happened twice actually, when I killed you at the Lush Farmland from the log above and then that recent time at Aridhol.

>Frankly I attribute it to some blindness or -dex or -str I did not know about, but since I cannot prove it I will give you credit for that.

No -dex or -str, most of the time I try not to full-loot

>I hope you come back as someone who will play to have fun, and not play to just gang or run away whenever the odds are against you.

I think in pretty much every fight we had, one of us died. So that somewhat negates your comment about running away when the odds are against me. And I am quite certain I only tried to gang you once (except on that one raid but that doesn't count, the odds were pretty even I think) which actually ended up in me dying.

DarmokSun 05-Jan-03 06:28 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
0 posts
#13852, "Last post"
In response to Reply #5

Little point in going back and forth so I'll just end with saying your memory seems faulty. You fought me with others far more than once or twice. The rest is still true, but this is just ridiculous for you to claim otherwise.

Good luck in the future.

Lurdonis (Guest)Sun 05-Jan-03 06:34 PM

#13853, "You're wrong, show me logs and I'll believe otherwise. ..."
In response to Reply #6

Guenrayn (Guest)Sun 05-Jan-03 05:37 PM

#13849, "RE: (DEL) Lurdonis the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #2

I just remember the many fights we had. My favorite was our first, where you dragged me into that guardian, thinking you probably had me, and i just dragged you out and entwined ya. We had many good fights though, good work, good pk ratio considering the opposition you had at times.

Guen

Kierning (Guest)Sun 05-Jan-03 11:41 PM

#13848, "RE: (DEL) Lurdonis the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #2

Dammit, I think that getting you a Drizzt sword ensured you dying. Maybe you got some 'scotch-courage' from it. Seemed like you kept it a day and then it was back on Drizzt Just poking fun at you. Don't take it the wrong way.

Hopefully my bitching at you at the village served as a kick in the ass to you, because, looking at your logs, it seems that you learned a lot more after that. It seems you prepped yourself better (anything is better than you used to ) and thought it out more. Yeehaw!

I always thought you had good potential.

Grogim (Guest)Mon 06-Jan-03 06:18 AM

#13847, "RE: (DEL) Lurdonis the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #2

And then Grogim, I didn't meet you very
>much at all, but I heard of your policy which could almost
>literally be translated into "Be as weak as the enemy."
>That just seems kind of bad for a rager.

Its funny you should mention this as it was you and some svirf nexun that were the straw that broke the camels back and started the policy. I fought you once really, when I raided the rift and I killed you at the sentinel and I returned all of your things, including weapons. Then either you or the other nexun warrior called in the scions who proceeded to gang me in the rift and then between you all, I got nothing back. Up untill that point I had made damned sure people got atleast 50% of their stuff back, even if it meant me barking orders at lowbies and applicants to return stuff. Then on the few days leading up to the change I had been ganged about 4 times at ridiculous odds and full looted. Now I could see moral in the village slumping due to other people having similar treatment from Nexus/Scion or should we just call you all Nexions, so I figured it was time to eat at the moral of the enemy for a time. This lasted maybe a week when I then created a list of those who have full looted villagers and showed no remorse. They were put on Rustanviel's shitlist and it was these people from then on who would get nothing back and so were treated by their own actions. They try to break our moral, we break their back. I had no real dislike of you untill that incident and that was too gauling for words. So if you did not like it, I am glad.

Grogim

Koaeb (Guest)Sun 05-Jan-03 04:11 PM

#13854, "I enjoyed fighting you. Good luck wih the next. NT"
In response to Reply #0

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #13844 Previous topic | Next topic