Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gedunthos Veldrin'Ultrin the Ruthl..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #117919
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 09-Nov-13 01:13 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2024
16815 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117919, "(AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gedunthos Veldrin'Ultrin the Ruthless Agent of the Underdark, Bandit King of Hamsah Mu'tazz, Emperor of Thera"

Sat Nov 9 12:07:45 2013

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Gedunthos perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:734

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gedunthos Veldrin'Ultrin the R..., Kraldinor (Anonymous), 12-Nov-13 04:35 PM, #25
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gedunthos Veldrin'Ultrin the R..., Ankhran (Anonymous), 11-Nov-13 02:55 PM, #23
Reply when is this 'law' going to have its kinks worked out a..., CD, 12-Nov-13 11:18 PM, #26
Reply Well done, Gharzal (Anonymous), 11-Nov-13 11:54 AM, #22
Reply RE: Well done, Eskelian, 11-Nov-13 10:53 PM, #24
Reply Thanks!, Gedunthos (Anonymous), 10-Nov-13 11:25 PM, #15
Reply Do the man a solid?, N b M, 11-Nov-13 12:59 AM, #18
     Reply He already knows what it looks like, Destuvius, 11-Nov-13 06:25 AM, #20
Reply +1, Kazzru (Anonymous), 10-Nov-13 06:46 PM, #13
Reply Well done, Amatrysti (Anonymous), 10-Nov-13 07:36 AM, #8
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gedunthos Veldrin'Ultrin the R..., Gedunthos (Anonymous), 10-Nov-13 01:31 AM, #4
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gedunthos Veldrin'Ultrin the R..., Halifan (Anonymous), 10-Nov-13 02:34 AM, #5
Reply Serial Imperial hater but I tried it recently and only ..., Abernyte, 10-Nov-13 04:09 AM, #6
Reply All around awesome, Destuvius, 10-Nov-13 05:57 AM, #7
Reply RIP Emperor, Counithi (Anonymous), 10-Nov-13 07:48 AM, #9
Reply You are the best., Scrimbul, 10-Nov-13 10:45 AM, #10
Reply Really makes me sad., Sintaero (Anonymous), 10-Nov-13 02:02 PM, #11
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gedunthos Veldrin'Ultrin the R..., Mendos, 10-Nov-13 04:08 PM, #12
Reply Huge fan, Arvam, 10-Nov-13 08:11 PM, #14
Reply Hi,, Tsunami, 10-Nov-13 11:22 PM, #16
Reply Well done, Yuolud (Anonymous), 11-Nov-13 12:10 AM, #17
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gedunthos Veldrin'Ultrin the R..., Whiysdan, 11-Nov-13 01:41 AM, #19
Reply Great job., Lyristeon, 11-Nov-13 08:44 AM, #21
Reply Excellent job, Akresius, 13-Nov-13 09:47 AM, #27
Reply Awesome, Ishtugar (Anonymous), 13-Nov-13 10:08 AM, #28
Reply Huge fan, Crraya (Anonymous), 14-Nov-13 10:05 PM, #29
Reply Much Love , Rydell (Anonymous), 21-Nov-13 01:59 PM, #30
Reply One of the best roleplaying characters ever. Great job..., Gilut Fargyth (Anonymous), 09-Nov-13 09:01 PM, #3
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gedunthos Veldrin'Ultrin the R..., Ergoth (Anonymous), 09-Nov-13 05:21 PM, #2
Reply This is what I feared., Rahzeez (Anonymous), 09-Nov-13 02:13 PM, #1

Kraldinor (Anonymous)Tue 12-Nov-13 04:35 PM
Charter member
#117965, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gedunthos Veldrin'Ultrin the R..."
In response to Reply #0

A great presence for Empire, often when it had no other. I was very happy to see you finally got Emperor, even if it was only for a little bit. I think most would have gotten frustrated after missing out on the first two votes, but you just stuck with it. I had tried you get imms to raise you and Noviask to the council when I was high priest, but the Emperor finally got around to it, probably because I didn't endorse you to him.

Something I think is a huge compliment, for a while as Kraldinor I thought you were Twist, although that was largely due to style similarities with Olthundar. I never suspected Damolo was Twist with Naldigar.

Ankhran (Anonymous)Mon 11-Nov-13 02:55 PM
Charter member
#117958, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gedunthos Veldrin'Ultrin the R..."
In response to Reply #0

Had fun with you. I thought you made a good emperor and had a unique outlook on interpreting the law. Wish I had more time to hang out with you. A good thief is hard to come by, and you were extremely competent.

CDTue 12-Nov-13 11:18 PM
Member since 05th Jul 2012
277 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117967, "when is this 'law' going to have its kinks worked out a..."
In response to Reply #23

nt

Gharzal (Anonymous)Mon 11-Nov-13 11:54 AM
Charter member
#117957, "Well done"
In response to Reply #0

Only thing i have to say that i felt as anoying is just like Finley, you seemed to talk only to hear yourself speak.. But finley was much worse though. Im sure you know what i mean, since i replyed to you with one word quite often : - )

But you where a really good emperor, and im sad you're gone already. My playtimes have dropped alot the last couple of weeks, but i hope i will have more time agian soon.

Very well done with the short time you had as a Emperor. you where really cool : - )

EskelianMon 11-Nov-13 10:53 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2023 posts
#117960, "RE: Well done"
In response to Reply #22

That thing you're referring to is called roleplaying .

Gedunthos (Anonymous)Sun 10-Nov-13 11:20 PM
Charter member
#117946, "Thanks!"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sun 10-Nov-13 11:25 PM

So many nice comments here and in immcomments (thanks again for PBF by the way!). Glad everyone had fun, I sure had a blast. Did not get to see my statue, but will check it out sometime, but I did write the basis for it right? Super cool stuff big D, and our sentiment on the destuvian side of the RP are pretty much on point with one another. I took some of the scoldings in stride because I realized you were trying to set me up to either tell others of what it is to be, and get me to, but you seemed understanding as I am sure any real follower would have been de-tatted for two offenses of talking like a human or peer with chaotic folks.

Never told the truth more than 1/5 sentences untill emperor then decided to on a whim be honest because why lie when in your mind you rule the entire planet right? Always fun to play a sociopath with delusions of grandeur, but better when I can actually pull it out of my ass and do it well So glad everyone enemy and ahem... 'ally' alike seem to agree.

Oh and a P.s. I don't post on the unofficials for anything...Also I am sort of the kind of person, plus other reasons, that likes to hoard what information I've gained the hard way. Encourages asking for facts from imms here rather than just making it up (so much wrong thief stuff on unofficials it's staggering) and asking ICly in game!

But thanks to the people saying nice stuff there too.

<3

N b MMon 11-Nov-13 12:59 AM
Member since 29th Sep 2005
444 posts
#117951, "Do the man a solid?"
In response to Reply #15

Post the description of the statue here so he can at least see it?

DestuviusMon 11-Nov-13 06:25 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#117954, "He already knows what it looks like"
In response to Reply #18

He literally wrote everything other than the long description. I just did a copy paste of his description of it and turned it into an object in my shrine. I just figured he would get some enjoyment out of actually seeing it in game instead of just knowing that he wrote it and hoping that it made it there.

Kazzru (Anonymous)Sun 10-Nov-13 06:46 PM
Charter member
#117944, "+1"
In response to Reply #0

Empire was for a time blessed with some cool players! Kinda hate playing that cabal but now I feel I should have tried it again.

My problem with duergar tends to be not knowing whether they are RPing a hateful dark-dwarven asshole or are just trying to get at me through thinly-veiled OOC. You handled it better than most.

Cheers.

Amatrysti (Anonymous)Sun 10-Nov-13 07:36 AM
Charter member
#117937, "Well done"
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed talking with you now and then, giving each other a bit of snark. Glad to have extended conversation once and the many times you backed me into a corner randomly. When bored I would stand somewhere and knew you would come along and give be some ####e which I loved!

Gedunthos (Anonymous)Sun 10-Nov-13 01:31 AM
Charter member
#117933, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gedunthos Veldrin'Ultrin the R..."
In response to Reply #0

Never had more fun with a character. Serial thief player, to say the least, love the class. Thanks to everyone enemy and 'ally' along the way, had good interactions with most everyone even if they weren't friendly. Destuvius thanks for showing some love, some very serious lack of oversight before in a bad way. I joined to a High Priest and absentee emperor, thank god he could promote. On prays to Enlilth/ prays to ooc ask how is the best way to contact an imperial imm I was given the reply " ", so you were a breath of fresh air. Never been tattooed, glad that I was nifty and mean enough to get your attention. Had trouble slipping into the role a bit, but figured with you liking me and be being outside of sphere I had enough wiggle room to just get smote if I screwed up (which I did) but thanks for the late life moral support and help on Emperor. Had a complete blast all the way through, just got better and better, and you had a hand in that end part for sure!

Thank you oh benevolent PBF buyer, and ah...this char is too old for me to try to do any individual goodbye or anything, but I can post back to anyone!

700+ hours, I'm obviously hopelessly addicted to the game, so I'll post in between playing the character I already have made

Halifan (Anonymous)Sun 10-Nov-13 02:34 AM
Charter member
#117934, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gedunthos Veldrin'Ultrin the R..."
In response to Reply #4

In no small part, your consistent presence made the game a more balanced, and enjoyable, experience with cabal wars.

I regret that we did not get much of a chance to interact with each other but I enjoyed your presence nonetheless. I have nothing but kudos for you and a hearty job well done.

As an aside, the instance where you finished me off while I was (unsuccessfully) lording over an Imperial's corpse unshifted was a moment that left me cursing and staring at my keyboard for a moment. Lyristeon would be proud.

Congratulations on a fantastic character and I hope you bring more fun intrigue and consistency to the game.

AbernyteSun 10-Nov-13 04:09 AM
972 posts
#117935, "Serial Imperial hater but I tried it recently and only ..."
In response to Reply #4

Awesomely slick RP and the most important part - Not an evil douchebag, which is more than can be said for the most likely successor. Please come back to Empire before I delete from under the douchebag Emperor!

DestuviusSun 10-Nov-13 05:57 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#117936, "All around awesome"
In response to Reply #4

I pretty much decided to just give you the opportunity to do whatever you wanted to do with Empire during your limited time to reign as Emperor. You did not disappoint with all of your off the walls ideas. As far as the tattoo goes: you were a great Imperial, but a terrible Destuvius follower (mostly because you actually weren't one). The last little bit at the end was just an attempt to show you more of the Dest follower life incase you actually attempt to make a character to play one from start to finish. Which reminds me, I hope you made it into the shrine one last time to see your sculpture.

You are probably the mortal that I have spent the most time interacting with since my unveil, and I would love to hear some feedback from you on how you think it went. Things that you loved, things that you hated and things that were just okay but could be cooler. Feel free to shoot that in an email to me (destuvius@carrionfields.com) From all the different sides of you that I got to witness, you are pretty much my favorite character ever and I hope that I get the privilege of working with you again at some point in the future.

Counithi (Anonymous)Sun 10-Nov-13 07:48 AM
Charter member
#117938, "RIP Emperor"
In response to Reply #4

My first impression of you was a pushy Shadow Lord. But I soon realized you were not going to be a douchebag about failures so I could adapt to that rather quickly.

Was interesting talking to you, trying to see the truth behind the words when anything I heard could have been lies. Tried to be a good Shadow to serve my Shadow Lord, hope you werent too disappointed in my performance of my tasks.

ScrimbulSun 10-Nov-13 10:44 AM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#117939, "You are the best."
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Sun 10-Nov-13 10:45 AM

Playing with you often reminded me of the days and reasons I had fun back when Entropy was still around or I bothered to play in Herald.

Characters like yourself that are a veteran player, with humorous RP, and still actually need the help of their allies rather than trying to turn the game into IMM-XP Quake are an extreme minority.

Sintaero (Anonymous)Sun 10-Nov-13 02:02 PM
Charter member
#117941, "Really makes me sad."
In response to Reply #4

You were my favorite character. I had no intention, originally, of going imperial until you talked me into it...goes to show how good of a char this really was.

Well done and GLWYN.

MendosSun 10-Nov-13 04:08 PM
Member since 16th Oct 2013
180 posts
#117943, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gedunthos Veldrin'Ultrin the R..."
In response to Reply #4

Awesome character to play against as an enemy. Don't have much of a stake in the Imm game yet, but I really had my fingers crossed for you every time the council vote was announced.

Also, I think you had nine lives every time we went up against one another.

My favorite example was when you waltzed past three Outlanders in your range who were chameleon next to the Huntress on a solo retrieval. Two were semi-afk and only I ran to defend. It was enough to spook you into backing down. Had either of those other two Outties been checking their screens you probably would have been killed (insects, bash, pounce, trip, entangle etc.)

Good fun though. Glad you enjoyed it and GLWYN.

ArvamSun 10-Nov-13 08:11 PM
218 posts
#117945, "Huge fan"
In response to Reply #4

Overall I was a huge fan of this character. You did a lot of things that felt very, very Shadow and Shadow Lord. I marked this in your history but there was at one point three or four characters talking about how they had deals with you and you were looking out for them for something or somesuch. It was hilarious yet also perfectly what I'd expect to come from a good Shadow. You somehow got people to trust you *JUST* enough to get what you needed. You also RP'd a greedy asshole yet when it came time for corpse looting time usually showed restraint unless they had it coming for some reason or another. It was a good example of how to RP something evil and assholey without being a #### of a player.

There were plenty of moments I wanted to bang you on the head, usually whe it was Emperor voting time and you wanted to slide outta handing your vote to someone, but you handled that all in stride, especially when it came time for the Merf era.

You were also like Yegtheg in terms of PK'ing. You killed a lot and died a lot...which in general meant you were fun to watch since you wouldn't puss out just because you didn't have numbers. Empire could be rolling six deep or Fort could be overwhelming, you were still out there to pick a fight.

Good luck with the next and all that.

TsunamiSun 10-Nov-13 11:22 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#117947, "Hi,"
In response to Reply #4

I enjoyed our interactions.

Yuolud (Anonymous)Mon 11-Nov-13 12:10 AM
Charter member
#117949, "Well done"
In response to Reply #4

Fantastic char.

WhiysdanMon 11-Nov-13 01:41 AM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
#117952, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gedunthos Veldrin'Ultrin the R..."
In response to Reply #4

I was also a huge fan of Ged. Very well done and I really appreciated the fact that you stuck things out through the losing Shadow Lord and working your way back up all the way to Emperor. Very fun character to watch and interact with.

=w=

LyristeonMon 11-Nov-13 08:44 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117955, "Great job."
In response to Reply #4

Keep pushing that rp bar. You kept giving as much as you got and that's awesome.

AkresiusWed 13-Nov-13 09:47 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117968, "Excellent job"
In response to Reply #4

I enjoyed your RP while playing Daltheis and am glad you finally got Emperor. Looking forward to your next great one.

Ishtugar (Anonymous)Wed 13-Nov-13 10:08 AM
Charter member
#117969, "Awesome"
In response to Reply #4

Thank you for the blood oath and taking the time to go through some things with me
all in character. Well done.
I am glad you had fun, you certainly upped the game for many.

Crraya (Anonymous)Thu 14-Nov-13 10:05 PM
Charter member
#117992, "Huge fan"
In response to Reply #4

Again... come back from vacation to find one of my favorite enemies/allies gone. Interacted with you from basically hour 1 through the end... very solid.

Rydell (Anonymous)Thu 21-Nov-13 01:59 PM
Charter member
#118059, "Much Love "
In response to Reply #4

GLWYN

Gilut Fargyth (Anonymous)Sat 09-Nov-13 09:01 PM
Charter member
#117930, "One of the best roleplaying characters ever. Great job..."
In response to Reply #0

nt

Ergoth (Anonymous)Sat 09-Nov-13 05:21 PM
Charter member
#117925, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gedunthos Veldrin'Ultrin the R..."
In response to Reply #0

Bah! Just when I finished this last exam.

I feel like we didn't have nearly enough time together.

Rahzeez (Anonymous)Sat 09-Nov-13 02:13 PM
Charter member
#117920, "This is what I feared."
In response to Reply #0

I'll keep this short since I'm active.

You were almost perfect as far as imperial, shadow, emperors go. I knew you were old, and knew this had to be soon coming. At least Empire got to enjoy a good Emperor, even if for a little while. You will be dearly missed.

That neat trick you learned made me wish we could all wear spear in one hand and shield in the other, like the spartans.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #117919 Previous topic | Next topic