Subject: "Questy Weekend" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #1506
Show all folders

KastellynWed 02-Jul-08 07:31 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1506, "Questy Weekend"

We've put together quite a few independent quests / interactions that we'll be running over the 4th of July weekend. Most will be fairly short in duration (about an hour), and most will be targeted to specific level ranges. If Imms want to "tip their hand" so to speak and post here when they are planning on running their quests, have at it!

Rewards will be given out for good, solid RP participation, so bring your "A" game and tell your friends!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Coming in on the Tail End, The_Poison_Pen, 06-Jul-08 06:46 PM, #19
Reply Kudos! Even though I can't play this is the kind of thi..., Gryshilniar, 06-Jul-08 03:39 AM, #18
Reply Scavenger Hunt Type Quests, Yean, 04-Jul-08 12:05 PM, #15
Reply Blood and Bards, Eshval, 03-Jul-08 10:32 PM, #14
Reply RE: Blood and Bards, terinth, 05-Jul-08 11:55 AM, #16
Reply Assassins vs. Rangers Competition, Kastellyn, 03-Jul-08 07:44 PM, #12
Reply Can we make sure...., Abernyte, 05-Jul-08 11:55 AM, #17
Reply New stuff., Valguarnera, 03-Jul-08 03:06 PM, #8
Reply Not that I don't appreciate it, but..., Tac, 03-Jul-08 02:40 PM, #7
Reply We'll Do This Again, Kastellyn, 03-Jul-08 06:53 PM, #11
Reply Two "Exploration" Quests, Kastellyn, 03-Jul-08 12:55 PM, #6
Reply Nexus/Battle Quest, Rayihn, 03-Jul-08 10:25 AM, #4
Reply RE: Nexus/Battle Quest, Plushka, 03-Jul-08 10:32 PM, #10
Reply What about Tribunals?, Slack, 03-Jul-08 10:32 PM, #13
Reply Fort Quests, Baerinika, 03-Jul-08 10:20 AM, #3
Reply Me too!, Twist, 02-Jul-08 11:47 PM, #2
Reply Yah. Good., Fjarn, 03-Jul-08 02:40 PM, #5
     Reply Why don't I EVER have any cool chars going when it's qu..., Amberion, 03-Jul-08 10:32 PM, #9
Reply Me!, Daevryn, 02-Jul-08 11:03 PM, #1

The_Poison_PenSun 06-Jul-08 05:36 PM
Member since 30th Nov 2006
40 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1530, "Coming in on the Tail End"
In response to Reply #0

Working up some competitive goodness for later this evening.

After 10ish CST?

All opinions expressed by the staff of The Poison Pen (tm) are gathered from various official sources. Drunks, prostitutes, ne'er-do-wells, and kobolds mainly.

GryshilniarSun 06-Jul-08 02:21 AM
Member since 31st Jan 2006
85 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1529, "Kudos! Even though I can't play this is the kind of thi..."
In response to Reply #0

nt

YeanFri 04-Jul-08 10:29 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
#1521, "Scavenger Hunt Type Quests"
In response to Reply #0

I'll be running two quests on friday and saturday late nights for the bored, and the russians :p

Both quests will be in the spirit of scavenger hunts, and are all-level/newbie friendly.

EshvalThu 03-Jul-08 09:12 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1520, "Blood and Bards"
In response to Reply #0

Pretty simple stuff:

I will be looking at bards and those folks who aren't bards, but feel that have some sublime or gross talent. I will ask a bard or a wannabe (or a random person) for an impromptu work...produce it, you live...er you get a thingy, fail and I eat you...sorta. I will hand out a title, or titles, and special thanks to any who perform nothing that rhymes.

Anyone who wants Esh-love may approach me, no matter the alignment as long as they are polite. Buttheads will suffer.

Note: I promise to be as nice as I am able.

eshval@carrionfields.com

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. - Hunter S. Thompson

terinthFri 04-Jul-08 01:21 PM
Member since 24th Dec 2005
83 posts
#1523, "RE: Blood and Bards"
In response to Reply #14

Should I just drop a note if I want to participate and don't hear back from a pray?

KastellynThu 03-Jul-08 07:44 PM
864 posts
#1518, "Assassins vs. Rangers Competition"
In response to Reply #0

The competition that I called your attention to in my previous missive is still scheduled to occur on Saturday, 05 July, at 1200 system time. This missive will, as promised, give a bit more detail to aid those two guilds in their preparations for the upcoming battle.

1. Be familiar with the Manor, the Bandit Stronghold and Blackwater Swamp. Those three locations are where the competition will take place.

2. Bring plenty of food and water, and whatever other supplies you feel you need. If you depart the area during the competition, you will not be allowed to continue.

3. The format will be group vs. group combat (rangers vs. assassins), to the death, until none of the participants can harm any others.

4. There will be three total rounds, one per terrain. Elimination from one round does not mean you won't be able to participate in the other two rounds, however.

5. NO LOOTING OF CORPSES OR WEAPONS ON THE GROUND IS ALLOWED. Doing so is cause for much punishment.

6. Rewards will be handed out to all members of the victorious group, as well as to individuals who excel in combat and RP.

7. If you've got questions, post them here, and I'll answer them!

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

AbernyteSat 05-Jul-08 10:36 AM
972 posts
#1526, "Can we make sure...."
In response to Reply #12

that assassins dont mark of the prey rangers before the combat starts? In past experience of the rites etc when people are gathered before the fighting they mark of the prey to null blindness and in this case Ambsuh, the rangers most potent skill.

-----Abernyte

ValguarneraThu 03-Jul-08 03:06 PM
6904 posts
#1514, "New stuff."
In response to Reply #0

I can't promise a hard day/time, because my particular contribution will be about debuting some new material, and testing isn't something you can nail down without taunting the Crash Gods.

But I'm confident that we'll debut some new material, and I'll be running several small quests based around it.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

TacThu 03-Jul-08 12:59 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#1513, "Not that I don't appreciate it, but..."
In response to Reply #0

You guys suck because I'm going out of town, and playing over ssh is a lot like playing straight telnet, i.e. recipe for death and lootification.

KastellynThu 03-Jul-08 06:53 PM
864 posts
#1517, "We'll Do This Again"
In response to Reply #7

Don't fret. If the participation is there, this WILL happen again.

KastellynThu 03-Jul-08 12:55 PM
864 posts
#1512, "Two "Exploration" Quests"
In response to Reply #0

I've got two of these lined up targeting low-level characters (1 to 20). No specific date or time, but I'll make it easy for whoever is online at the time to participate.

RayihnThu 03-Jul-08 10:22 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#1510, "Nexus/Battle Quest"
In response to Reply #0

Will be running a Nexus/Battle quest Sunday game time, let's say kicking it off at 5 PM. The more people there the better for this one!

PlushkaThu 03-Jul-08 06:39 PM
Member since 16th Feb 2005
150 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1516, "RE: Nexus/Battle Quest"
In response to Reply #4

These quests aren't going to be the kind that drastically change the MUD, right? Like RP flow wise?

SlackThu 03-Jul-08 07:53 PM
Member since 12th Apr 2007
134 posts
#1519, "What about Tribunals?"
In response to Reply #4

The Tribunals not getting any quests? Maybe Firefighter quest...lol

BaerinikaThu 03-Jul-08 10:19 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
338 posts
#1509, "Fort Quests"
In response to Reply #0

Have two smallish Fort quests in mind to run this weekend, y'all better show up for them!

There will be no white flag above my door. - Dido

Stones taught me to fly
Love taught me to cry
So come on courage
Teach me to be shy
Cause it's not hard to fall - Damien Rice

What doesn't kill you makes a fighter, footsteps even lighter - Kelly Clarkso

TwistWed 02-Jul-08 11:47 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#1508, "Me too!"
In response to Reply #0

It'll be something chock full of magey goodness.

FjarnThu 03-Jul-08 11:29 AM
Member since 03rd Jun 2008
173 posts
#1511, "Yah. Good."
In response to Reply #2

Well I can't run quests yet, but... thanks in advance for getting all those juicy targets together in one place for the Village. We'd better have some frickin crazy berserkers on for this one.

AmberionThu 03-Jul-08 04:00 PM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
#1515, "Why don't I EVER have any cool chars going when it's qu..."
In response to Reply #5

n/t

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

DaevrynWed 02-Jul-08 11:03 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#1507, "Me!"
In response to Reply #0

I'll be running a little something or something(s) (depending on time) thief oriented. Definitely won't be from noon or so on on the 4th, but could potentially be any other time(s) over the weekend.

Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #1506 Previous topic | Next topic