Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Announcements
Topic subjectQuesty Weekend
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=1506
1506, Questy Weekend
Posted by Kastellyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We've put together quite a few independent quests / interactions that we'll be running over the 4th of July weekend. Most will be fairly short in duration (about an hour), and most will be targeted to specific level ranges. If Imms want to "tip their hand" so to speak and post here when they are planning on running their quests, have at it!

Rewards will be given out for good, solid RP participation, so bring your "A" game and tell your friends!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***
1530, Coming in on the Tail End
Posted by The_Poison_Pen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Working up some competitive goodness for later this evening.

After 10ish CST?

1529, Kudos! Even though I can't play this is the kind of thing that makes me wish I could. Enjoy! -nt-
Posted by Gryshilniar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
1521, Scavenger Hunt Type Quests
Posted by Yean on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll be running two quests on friday and saturday late nights for the bored, and the russians :p

Both quests will be in the spirit of scavenger hunts, and are all-level/newbie friendly.
1520, Blood and Bards
Posted by Eshval on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pretty simple stuff:

I will be looking at bards and those folks who aren't bards, but feel that have some sublime or gross talent. I will ask a bard or a wannabe (or a random person) for an impromptu work...produce it, you live...er you get a thingy, fail and I eat you...sorta. I will hand out a title, or titles, and special thanks to any who perform nothing that rhymes.

Anyone who wants Esh-love may approach me, no matter the alignment as long as they are polite. Buttheads will suffer.

Note: I promise to be as nice as I am able.

eshval@carrionfields.com

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. - Hunter S. Thompson
1523, RE: Blood and Bards
Posted by terinth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Should I just drop a note if I want to participate and don't hear back from a pray?
1518, Assassins vs. Rangers Competition
The competition that I called your attention to in my previous missive is still scheduled to occur on Saturday, 05 July, at 1200 system time. This missive will, as promised, give a bit more detail to aid those two guilds in their preparations for the upcoming battle.

1. Be familiar with the Manor, the Bandit Stronghold and Blackwater Swamp. Those three locations are where the competition will take place.

2. Bring plenty of food and water, and whatever other supplies you feel you need. If you depart the area during the competition, you will not be allowed to continue.

3. The format will be group vs. group combat (rangers vs. assassins), to the death, until none of the participants can harm any others.

4. There will be three total rounds, one per terrain. Elimination from one round does not mean you won't be able to participate in the other two rounds, however.

5. NO LOOTING OF CORPSES OR WEAPONS ON THE GROUND IS ALLOWED. Doing so is cause for much punishment.

6. Rewards will be handed out to all members of the victorious group, as well as to individuals who excel in combat and RP.

7. If you've got questions, post them here, and I'll answer them!

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***
1526, Can we make sure....
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
that assassins dont mark of the prey rangers before the combat starts? In past experience of the rites etc when people are gathered before the fighting they mark of the prey to null blindness and in this case Ambsuh, the rangers most potent skill.

-----Abernyte
1514, New stuff.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can't promise a hard day/time, because my particular contribution will be about debuting some new material, and testing isn't something you can nail down without taunting the Crash Gods.

But I'm confident that we'll debut some new material, and I'll be running several small quests based around it.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
1513, Not that I don't appreciate it, but...
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You guys suck because I'm going out of town, and playing over ssh is a lot like playing straight telnet, i.e. recipe for death and lootification.
1517, We'll Do This Again
Don't fret. If the participation is there, this WILL happen again.

1512, Two "Exploration" Quests
I've got two of these lined up targeting low-level characters (1 to 20). No specific date or time, but I'll make it easy for whoever is online at the time to participate.

1510, Nexus/Battle Quest
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Will be running a Nexus/Battle quest Sunday game time, let's say kicking it off at 5 PM. The more people there the better for this one!
1516, RE: Nexus/Battle Quest
Posted by Plushka on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
These quests aren't going to be the kind that drastically change the MUD, right? Like RP flow wise?
1519, What about Tribunals?
Posted by Slack on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The Tribunals not getting any quests? Maybe Firefighter quest...lol
1509, Fort Quests
Posted by Baerinika on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Have two smallish Fort quests in mind to run this weekend, y'all better show up for them!
1508, Me too!
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It'll be something chock full of magey goodness.
1511, Yah. Good.
Posted by Fjarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well I can't run quests yet, but... thanks in advance for getting all those juicy targets together in one place for the Village. We'd better have some frickin crazy berserkers on for this one.
1515, Why don't I EVER have any cool chars going when it's quest time?!?! And no rager... :( Bah! n/t
Posted by Amberion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
1507, Me!
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll be running a little something or something(s) (depending on time) thief oriented. Definitely won't be from noon or so on on the 4th, but could potentially be any other time(s) over the weekend.