Subject: "Necromancer improvements: Buffing up Animate Dead" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Santa Zulg 2011 Topic #539
Show all folders

KadsuaneWed 21-Nov-07 10:47 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
169 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#539, "Necromancer improvements: Buffing up Animate Dead"
Edited on Sun 06-Jan-08 04:31 PM

I have always thought that zombies of PCs should have more umph than any non-sentient corpse i can come up with. This would give necros reason to go out and activel try and pk BEFORE having a huge army. More risks but greater rewards as well...

Different pc types could give different types of zombies.. warrior types might give harder hiting zombies that did base level warrior skills, dirt, disarm, yada yada

Stealth pc corpse might produce a hiding sneaking zombie, along with something like dirt or trip.

Mage: Now this one would be tricky cause I don't really see zombies casting spells.. but if they did maybe base spells like faerie fire, slow, 1st tier invoker spells, magic missiles.

Priest type pc corpse: Naturally resistant to holy damage, maybe give this zombie a different type attack

Forest Classes: This one has me scratching my head but I guess when all else fails just giving them base level ranger skills?

Ofcourse the kicker to all of this you can only animate a pc corpse that you have made yourself. Want that buff zombie? Well go out and earn it.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicNecromancer improvements: Buffing up Animate Dead [View all] , Kadsuane, Wed 21-Nov-07 10:47 AM
Reply Years later..., Zulghinlour, 08-Apr-12 05:07 PM, #3
Reply RE: Necromancer improvements: Buffing up Animate Dead, Zulghinlour, 06-Jan-08 04:31 PM, #1
     Reply Along the lines of Zombies, CrftedDeception, 07-Jan-08 02:53 PM, #2
Top Santa Zulg 2011 Topic #539 Previous topic | Next topic