Subject: "Short clarification." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #763
Show all folders

BullseyeFri 25-Apr-03 03:22 AM
Member since 13th Apr 2003
23 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#886, "Short clarification."

' Or make it a permanent spell that charge up everytime you kill someone, but if you die, you will loose all its strength and have to start over. '

Please, remember the reason why I submitted the idea of Aura of Pain in the first place. I am not of the opinion that Anti-Paladins are weak or underpowered in any way. But what I do feel is that they are too frustrating to play with, and thus become the victims of feelings of discouragement or even a tendency to rage-delete on the part of their players much too easily. It is for that reason that I suggested Aura of Pain - so that Anti-Paladins could become a little more infamous in direct physical combat. As I am suggesting it the purpose of Aura of Pain is thus not to make the Anti-Paladin class more powerful, but instead to make them less frustrating to play with.

If the efficiency of Aura of Pain would become subjective to the number and type of kills the player has managed to gather in the same way the power of an unholy weapon is, and thus would fall back to its default settings each time the Anti-Paladin is defeated, it would do the exact opposite of what I would like to see it do. Namely, it would make the Anti-Paladin even more frustrating because their players would have even *more* to lose with every death than already is the case.

' We dont want to A-P to be able to reflect back all the damage all the time, do we? '

Don't worry. This never was the idea behind Aura of Pain at all. The spell would only be there to enhance the Anti-Paladin defenses a bit in a reasonable way and add some interesting and suitable IC-funk to the class while doing it.

' so it would be up to the Imms to balance things out if the idea is to their liking. '

Pretty much, yes.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAura of Pain, full 'Power Word' set for Anti-Paladins. [View all] , Bullseye, Sun 13-Apr-03 04:34 PM
Reply RE: Aura of Pain, full 'Power Word' set for Anti-Paladi..., Hutto, 08-May-03 05:54 PM, #10
Reply I get the idea and you have the makings of something ac..., GinGa, 15-Apr-03 05:25 AM, #5
Reply RE: I get the idea and you have the makings of somethin..., The_Shark, 24-Apr-03 05:04 PM, #7
     Reply Short clarification., Bullseye, 25-Apr-03 03:22 AM #8
          Reply RE: Short clarification., The_Shark, 25-Apr-03 08:09 AM, #9
Reply RE: Anti-paladin spells/skills, Sabiene, 14-Apr-03 01:51 AM, #1
     Reply Well, it would seem that..., Bullseye, 14-Apr-03 11:22 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Well, it would seem that..., Sabiene, 14-Apr-03 06:59 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Well, it would seem that..., Bullseye, 14-Apr-03 09:09 PM, #4
     Reply My glance at the idea., GinGa, 15-Apr-03 05:33 AM, #6
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #763 Previous topic | Next topic