Subject: "I get the idea and you have the makings of something acceptable." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #763
Show all folders

GinGaTue 15-Apr-03 05:25 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
996 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#791, "I get the idea and you have the makings of something acceptable."

Only thing I'm slightly confused about is how you actually intend the spell to work. You intend the ap to riposte using a spell based defense? Hmmm, if I were you I'd try replacing something like 'protection' with this aura of pain. Gives the anti-paladin the 1/4 damage redux with the occasional not overly sized return of half the pain they take from a single blow. This would mean things like mongoose attackers feel next to nothing (they hit for decimate, AP sends half that back every 2 rounds or so) and big axe wielding bastards start feeling it really dig into them. Adds something interesting and unique to the class too.

I think you do have some point with power words and aura's. Making them the basis for the class would really make them enjoyable RP wise. Their utilities are already fairly powerful and with added offensive aura's (maybe make it a choice, one aura at a time up) we could have a class that nicely balances combining the preping that mage classes undergo with the 'throw myself at the enemy and eat them alive' feel you get with a giant axe spec. Not overly powered but certainly not vulnerable if preppared for the right situation.

Of course, I may have missed something in your original post, you'll have to forgive me if I skim read it too fast, I don't have a lot of patience for long arguments I'm affraid - Entirely my fault of course.

GinGa.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAura of Pain, full 'Power Word' set for Anti-Paladins. [View all] , Bullseye, Sun 13-Apr-03 04:34 PM
Reply RE: Aura of Pain, full 'Power Word' set for Anti-Paladi..., Hutto, 08-May-03 05:54 PM, #10
Reply I get the idea and you have the makings of something ac..., GinGa, 15-Apr-03 05:25 AM #5
Reply RE: I get the idea and you have the makings of somethin..., The_Shark, 24-Apr-03 05:04 PM, #7
     Reply Short clarification., Bullseye, 25-Apr-03 03:22 AM, #8
          Reply RE: Short clarification., The_Shark, 25-Apr-03 08:09 AM, #9
Reply RE: Anti-paladin spells/skills, Sabiene, 14-Apr-03 01:51 AM, #1
     Reply Well, it would seem that..., Bullseye, 14-Apr-03 11:22 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Well, it would seem that..., Sabiene, 14-Apr-03 06:59 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Well, it would seem that..., Bullseye, 14-Apr-03 09:09 PM, #4
     Reply My glance at the idea., GinGa, 15-Apr-03 05:33 AM, #6
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #763 Previous topic | Next topic