Subject: "Arial voices and related stuff." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #744
Show all folders

QuisletSun 13-Apr-03 02:27 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
240 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#744, "Arial voices and related stuff."

I know Krivohan and I can't be the only arial fans around. While I never liked his idea of making all arials chirp, I can see some arial voices being chirpy. Others could be screechy or melodious, depending on how the player sees the birdlike features of the race. Personally, I think an arial around other races might eventually lose that 'accent' if they socialized enough with other races, similarly to how a parrot gets better with practice at mimicking human speech.

To follow other examples Krivohan's given, not all dwarves would grumble and not all felar would growl, at least not all the time. How else would the races have distinctive ways of speaking without using the foreign words and accents that annoy so many?

I see some people use certain words or phrases with esay to make their character distinctive, and I like that. Especially when it's personally or racially oriented instead of just emotionally.

I welcome any opinions and comments on this, I'm sure not everyone will agree with me.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicArial voices and related stuff. [View all] , Quislet, Sun 13-Apr-03 02:27 AM
Reply Interesting question, Intronan, 13-Apr-03 01:55 AM, #1
     Reply some reason...no mystery., permanewbie, 13-Apr-03 08:35 AM, #2
          Reply Pseudo-lecture on race RP, arial oriented., Quislet, 13-Apr-03 05:26 PM, #3
               Reply Every time I play an arial I research a species of bird..., Young Nastyman, 14-Apr-03 08:17 AM, #4
               Reply Couple comments, Astillian, 14-Apr-03 09:12 AM, #5
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #744 Previous topic | Next topic